Kiss Cam

By xxblagitxx

To Riley, boys like Asher don't fall for girls like her. She's the average girl, with nothing that makes her... More

Prologue
Ch. 1 - Lakers
Ch. 2 - Oh Dear
Ch. 3 - Towel
Ch. 4 - Creepy Manikin
Ch. 5 - Pity Cake
Ch. 6 - Coprophobia
Ch. 7 - Scrubs
Ch. 8 - Bugs Life
Ch. 9 - Out of the Blue
Ch. 10 - Girl Stuff
Ch. 11 - Coffee Makers
Ch. 12 - Romeo and Juliet
Ch. 13 - Inertia
Ch. 14 - Ultimate Cook Book
Ch. 15 - Birthday Boy
Ch. 17 - One Of Those Days
Ch. 18 - Permanent
Ch. 19 - Little Tattling Butthead
Ch. 20 - You Can't Sit With Us
Ch. 21 - White Picket Fence
Ch. 22 - Our Thing
Ch. 23 - Rebounds and Pasta Sauce
Ch. 24 - Potato On the Couch
Ch. 25 - Anti-Vegan Party
Ch. 26 - Princess Diaries
Ch. 27 - Rebel With a Cause
Ch. 28 - Apology Cookies
Ch. 29 - Flaming Peacocks
Ch. 30 - Secret Santa
Ch. 31 - You Want Me
Ch. 32 - Popped Balloon
Ch. 33 - Her Face Photoshopped On My Body
Ch. 34 - Totes Hot
Ch. 35 - Total Eclipse of the Jedi
Ch. 36 - Hit Me, Baby, One More Time
Ch. 37 - You Have Shotgun on the Figuratively Heart Broken Train
Ch. 38 - Preppy Boy
Ch. 39 - Good Replacement
Ch. 40 - The Ladies Room
Ch. 41 - Peace Out
Ch. 42 - So Great
Ch. 43 - Tragedy and Prom
Ch. 44- Love Shack
•NEW STORY•

Ch. 16 - Go Green

95.3K 3.5K 1.9K
By xxblagitxx

I made everything worse help idk what to do help help help help help help

I'm rewriting this chapter and I wrote it in July sos I don't remember

"Go, Green! Reduce, reuse, recycle!"

I jump up from the bleachers and cheer loudly as Wren runs to the end zone for a touchdown. He does his touchdown dance, looking as he twerks and whips all at once.

The school student section continues chanting, "go, Green! Reduce, reuse, recycle!"

It's their chant for my brother, and I personally think it's hilarious. Wren isn't a huge fan, but there's not much he can do about it.

"I hope coach puts Zander in," Sam yells over the loud cheers. "The game is kind of close though. I don't know if he'll do it tonight."

The game is very close. If the other team scores another touchdown, the game will be tied. The game was supposed to be an easy win, but our team isn't looking too good at this point.

We sit down on the bleachers, the cold bench freezing my butt. Sam wraps her blanket around the two of us to keep us warm as the sun sets.

"Hey, Riley. I was looking for you."

I look over to Sara, Wren's tutor and crush. She's decked out in school spirit, a smile on her face. I like Sara, I do. She seems different from the other girls he dates; she actually seems nice.

"Hi. What did my brother do?"

"Nothing," she laughs. "This is kind of weird for me to ask, but I was wondering if..um..has Wren ever had a girlfriend?"

"Yeah," I say truthfully. "He had like fifteen girlfriends in August."

There's no point in lying to Sara. I want to protect Wren and his heart, so I can't have Sara thinking he's this great, holy guy when in reality he's a man-whore.

If she can accept his flaws, then I can accept her for my brother.

She nods, her smile fading slightly. "I think I already knew that."

"But," I pause, "he has never acted the way he has around you before. I think it's because he actually likes you."

Her eyebrows scrunch together as she tries to make sense of what I've just said. My brother is a confusing man, and she'll have to get used to it if she wants to be with him.

"Basically," Sam decides to cut in, "Wren wants to be with you so he's pretending to be all cool and distant and not make the commitment. He's worried you'll break his heart because he has never actually given his heart to anyone else."

I pat Sara's back with a serial killer smile. "Make sure you don't break his heart."

"Okay," she says, her eyes a tad bit wife. "Well, have fun, ladies!"

"We will," Sam and I chime at the same time.

Once she's gone, Sam asks, "how the hell did a smart girl like that fall for Wren?"

"Hey, be nice to Wren?" I order. "He's not that bad."

"Yeah, Wren is a great guy! Unless we're talking girl wise. He's a complete assho-"

The crowd gasps and stand up. I look to the field, spying a small crowd of players surrounding a boy. Coach runs onto the field and waves over the emergency crew.

"Who is it?" I ask to no one in particular, nervous and sick at the thought that Wren could be hurt.

Just as I think this, the announcer starts, "number seven, Wren Green is hurt in the field. He seems..."

I block out the rest of the words coming through the intercom. Unwrapping Sam's blanket, I bound down the bleachers to rush towards the field. Sam calls out for me, but I ignore her.

I sprint down the bleachers, my mind racing with different thoughts. My parents meet me on the field. My dad wraps his arm around my shoulder and holds me to his side. My mom is standing near the huddle, her hand covering her mouth.

"What happened? Is he-is he going to be okay?"

The coach turns to face my father and me. "The paramedics think he'll be okay. It's just a concussion."

I cover my mouth with my hand, my eyes filling with tears as the paramedics put my brother on a stretcher.

"Harris," coach screams, "get your ass over here!"

Zander stands up from the bench, tripping over the Gatorade container and falling on the ground. He stands up and rushes to coach's side.

"Yes, sir? Do you need me to get you something from your car?" he asks nervously.

"What? No! You're going in."

Zander looks at me with wide eyes and then back to coach. "In where?"

"The game, Harris! The game!" coach screams. "Hurry up and get in the huddle."

He gasps and starts to pull off his sweatshirt, which gets stuck. I help him pull it off and throw it on the bench.

"Good luck, Z," I say and give him a quick hug. "Play for Wren."

"I'll meet you at the hospital after the game," he promises and kisses my cheek. "This is for Wren."

My awkward and uncoordinated best friend makes his way to the team huddle. As proud of him as I am, my mind is preoccupied with thoughts of Wren.

My mom went in the ambulance with my brother. My father and I run off the field and to the parking lot. I know he's worried about Wren, but he keeps a stoic face to keep me calm.

"He's a strong boy, Ry. He's going to be fine."

I nod. "Yeah, I know."

We don't talk during the drive to the hospital, both of our minds in a different place. Once we park, I frantically unlock my door and rush into the hospital with my dad behind me. We meet my mother who is sitting outside the operation room.

"Mom," I call, wrapping my arms around her once I reach her.

She kisses my cheek and holds me tightly. My dad then takes over the hug. I sit down in one of the waiting chairs, biting my lip.

"How is he?" my dad asks.

"He had a heart attack on the way to the hospital," my mom informs, her head resting against my father's chest. "He might have internal bleeding as well."

I cover my mouth with my hand in disbelief. "Oh my gosh.."

"All we can do is think positively," my father reminds.

I nod, holding my head in my hands. The three of us sit down and wait. While waiting, I decide it would be a good idea to give Asher a quick call. I could use his embrace right now.

"Hello?" Tucker answers the phone. "Riley? What's up?"

"Uh, can I talk to Asher?" I ask.

"He's busy right now." I hear a girl giggle and then Tucker shushes her. "Can I take a message?"

"Well, I just..I kind of need him." I run a hand through my hair. "Wren's in the hospital."

"Oh, damn," he breathes out. "I'll let him know."

"Thanks."

I end the call.

Heading back to where my parents sit, I force a smile. I know my mom is in distress over her baby boy. We wait for an hour before the doctor finally comes out of the operating room. My parents stand up at the same time to talk to him.

"He'll be okay," the doctor says, allowing us to breathe out in relief.

I tune out the rest of his scientific talk about what happened to Wren. He has some sort of heart condition that could possibly keep him from playing football ever again.

Honestly, all that I care about is the fact my older brother is going to be okay. If I ever lost Wren, I don't even know what I would do. We fight a lot, but he's still my best friend. He loves me; I love him. Without my big brother, I'd forever be missing a piece of me.

Suddenly, a whole group of kids come walking into the hospital. The football team is in front with coach at the head. Behind them is what seems to be the whole student section.

Zander rushes up to me firstly, Sam behind him. I hug my best friends. The football team gives me hugs one by one, lifting me up and spinning me around. I smile to the rest of the students who give me their condolences.

"So, did you win?" I ask.

Zander blushes. "I-I scored the winning touchdown."

I gasp and hug him again. "Shut up! No you didn't!"

"He sure as hell did," one of the linebackers says and pats Zander's back. "He's a beast!"

"I'm so proud of you," I gush and rub his arm.

"I was playing for my hero."

The three of us sit down in the waiting chairs. They try to lighten the mood with jokes and stories, and I appreciate the attempt. It's what I need to calm my nerves.

"Immediate family only," the nurse informs.

My mom takes my hand to lead us into the room. The sight of my brother on the hospital bed with tubes attached to him makes me frown. I let my parents talk to their son first, standing near the doorway. After about five minutes of the sharing of 'I love you's, I walk up to my brother.

"Hey, bro."

"Hey, sis," he says weakly, a small smile on his face.

I shake my head and take his hand in mine. "You scared me to death, you know that?"

"Sorry?"

I laugh, wiping the happy tears under my eyes. "I'm just happy you're okay."

"Me too," he laughs.

"Zander went in for you," I let him know. "He was in disbelief when coach called his name."

My brother smiles widely. "He probably killed it. I love that awkward kid."

"So do I."

My family sits together and talks for another half an hour before the nurse comes in and says he needs to rest. My mom is allowed to stay overnight at the hospital with my brother. I say goodbye to Wren and leave the hospital room.

"How is he?" my bother's friend Santiago asks.

"He'll be okay. He just needs rest," I say and turn to the rest of the students. "If you guys come back tomorrow, there are visiting hours then. Thank you for coming. Wren wanted to talk to all of you, but the doctor won't allow it."

I say goodbye to the team. One by one, people leave until it's just me, my father, Zander, and Sam.

"So, did Asher show up?" I ask my friends.

Sam nods. "Yeah! He wanted to stay, but Tucker called him and told him the cops came to the house."

"Oh," I sigh. "That's understandable."

They nod and give me small hugs. "We'll come visit tomorrow."

"Okay." I wave as they walk towards the exit.

My dad wraps an arm around my shoulder and kisses my head. "Let's go home, honey."

I sigh and follow him out of the hospital. Tonight, I really needed my friends and family by my side. I'm so thankful I had that, but a part of me is stuck on Asher Westfield.

I needed Asher to be here for me tonight.

~~

AN:

okay so life is a nightmare when Wattpad ruins two of your chapters like bye I'm so done

the first 600 words or so are exact from the original chapter, but the next 1500 are new and probably not the same. It makes me sad.

I'm just praying I didn't miss any key plot points

if you did get to read the original chapter, please please let me know! it's frustrating when I have no help and just a bunch of readers pissed at me

•comment•vote•enjoy•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 11.9K 27
Riley Miller has always lived an average life. Caring father, amazing friends, relatable social life, and fun personality. Her parents are separated...
1.1M 27.5K 27
Kimberly Zanders was the nerd. The one who was always pushed around not only because she was a nerd but because she was chubby. She always kept quiet...
112K 3.2K 48
Everlee Bridge, a scared, lonely, heartbroken girl, is in a mess she never asked for. Seven years in a place she never wanted to be in broke her into...