The Girl Nextdoor

By hoplessromantic143

Camila Cabello is an average girl. She's not popular, or somewhere in between. She belongs to a group that he... More

Pilot
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Quick Question
IMPORTANT
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important I guess
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Help?
Chapter 39
Hey guys...
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65: Part 1
Chapter 65: Part 2
Chapter 65: Part 3
Chapter 66
Chapter 67: Part 1
Chapter 67: Part 2
Chapter 67 Part: 3
Chapter 67: Part 4
Chapter 67: Part 5
Chapter 68 Part 1
Chapter 68: Part 2
Chapter 68 Part 3
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71: Part 1
Chapter 71: Part 2
Chapter 72: Part 3
Hey guys!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Important
Need your help!!
Come say hi
The book cover
Fin

Chapter 53

19.7K 815 689
By hoplessromantic143

Camila's POV

My heart stopped when I read Lauren's last sign. I didn't know what to say. I mean I did. But the words just wouldn't come out. The only thing I could hear was my heart beating out of my chest and I could almost swear Lauren heard it too.

I tried to scream, mutter or even mumble my answer but nothing would come out of my mouth.

Lauren furrowed her brows in concern and the obvious hurt already made it's way to her face.

Suddenly my hands flew to the window seal and slammed it shut. I then got a grey zip up sweater from my closet and threw it on me. After that, I didn't waste anymore time in getting to the front door.

Once there, I ignored my mothers yell and ran out of the door and over to Lauren's.

Outside, I slipped on some slippery grass. My body collided against a puddle. I looked up and realized that it was raining. I quickly caught myself and got up. I looked down at myself and realized that my sweater and jeans had been soaking in dirty rain water.

I quickly shook it off and got back to business. I ran to Lauren's door and rang the bell once my feet hit her porch.

I started to pant as I waited for the love of my life to open the door. The seconds itself might of felt like forever by she didn't have me waiting long.

She flung the door open and stared at me with furrowed brows and worry etched all over her face.

I couldn't help but cup her face and crash our lips together. She instantly calmed into the kiss and wrapped her arms around my waist. Our lips moved together in sync as everything in me wanted to yell my answer into her mouth. But she quickly shut me up when she slipped her tongue into my mouth.

Fuck.

I quickly pulled away and breathed, "Yes."

"Yes?" Lauren asked with a huge smile on her face.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend." I smiled before I hugged her and rested my head in the crook of her neck.

She slowly wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a tighter hug. She then kissed the side of my head and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too." I breathed back.

"You know, you really had me worried for a second."

"I'm sorry. I just had to come here and say it. I was afraid that I'd jump out my window for you."

"Would you?"

"Probably."

Lauren smirked, "I'd probably do the same thing."

"I don't doubt it."

Lauren chuckled before she shivered, "You're wet."

I pulled away from her and felt my myself, "You're right. Why did you hug me?"

"Because you'd do the same for me." Lauren smiled, "Remember when you got me wet?"

I smiled amusingly, "At lunch right?"

Lauren playfully hit my arm, "Yes at lunch you dork. You hugged me even though I was soaking."

"Oh yeah."

"Here why don't you come inside? Lauren suggested, stepping aside for me to come in.

"I actually think I left my mom back a little worried..."

She furrowed her brows in confusion.

"I kind of barged out of the house and ran over here while she was yelling at me."

Lauren stifled a chuckle, "Seriously?

"Yeah, it was an intense moment okay."

"Ehh I'm sure she'll be fine." Lauren waved dismissively. "Stay. I want to hang out with my girlfriend." Lauren cooed.

I playfully pushed her and rolled my eyes.

"Come on." She begged, "I haven't seen you all day."

I looked back at my house and bit my lip. "Ugh, a little while won't hurt. I'll just tell her that you needed me to see you ASAP or something."

"Nice thinking. Text her."

Camila winked and snapped her finger at me. "Smart."

"But first, come in and dry up. I don't want you to freeze." Lauren said pulling me inside.

She helped me take off my sweater and eyed my white vneck shirt.

"Is this wet too?" Lauren asked before she ran her hands over my sides and took a look for herself.

My breath hitched at her touch, "N-No. It's just my sweater..."

"You sure?" She husked, running her hands to the hem of my shirt and tugging it lightly.

I smiled at pulled her hands away. "I don't want to have sex right now Lauren."

She pouted, "Why not? It's celebration sex. We're finally a couple." She smiled trying to convince me.

"I know." I said grasping her hands, "And trust me, I want too. I just have to get back soon and you're not home alone." I said nodding up stairs.

"Who Taylor?"

"Yeah, isn't she home?"

"Yeah but she doesn't mind-"

"-but I do..."

"You didn't seem to mind before."

"Yeah well, that was before."

Lauren furrowed her brows in concern, "Are you worried about your wounds because I don't care-"

"-I know you don't." I half smiled. "I just don't want to have sex right now, okay?"

Lauren groaned. "Okay."

"I kind of want to talk about us."

"Oh no. You're not breaking up with me already, are you?" Lauren joked with a little hint of concern.

I chuckled, "No. I just want to know why you asked me...it was pretty sudden."

Lauren shyly smiled, "Oh...uh well," She stammered nervously scratching her neck.

It hit me.

"Did Darren and Dinah convince you to do it?" I frowned.

Lauren put her hands up and shook her head, "No. No. Well yes- I mean, they kind of got me thinking about it..."

I furrowed my brows in confusion, "So if they didn't talk to you-"

"-I don't want to think about what could have happened but I'm glad that I realized how much it means to you and how much it actually means for me too."

?

"I just never really cared for the label you know? And it was mostly because I never committed to anyone...but then I realized that what we have is different Camz and that I wanted more with you." Lauren paused before she furrowed her brows and squeezed my hand, "I used to convince myself that we didn't need a title to confirm what we have. And I used to believe that it wouldn't change anything. That it didn't matter because it wasn't going to change the way I feel about you. But it did change our relationship. And it was for the better." Lauren half smiled.

"Lo-"

"-and I also want you to know that if anything is ever bothering you, please feel free to share it with me. I know I can be unapproachable sometimes, but I promise I'm a good listener too."

I smiled and kissed her cheek, "I love you, you know that?"

"You only say it about ten times a day." Lauren shrugged.

I squeezed her hand then played with her fingers, "I promise I'll be more open about my concerns with you too...it was kind of my fault that Darren and Dinah came over. I mean I told then to not to butt in but I should've known they'd do the exact opposite."

"What had you all worked up in the first place?"

"Apart from the whole label thing?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know...I just didn't want to rush you into anything you weren't ready for..."

"Camz we've already passed home base. We've practically been to the dugout. Why wouldn't you think I was ready?"

"Because...you have a lot of things to deal with right now and I just didn't want to add a relationship on top of that."

"You know, you could have just talked to me about it." She said giving me a pointed look.

"I tried. Well kinda. I kept dropping hints but you weren't getting them." I frowned, "I didn't know whether you were avoiding the subject or missing what I said all together."

Lauren sadly smiled and tilted my head up to look at her, "I don't know if you know this Camz, but I'm an idiot when it comes to this whole relationship thing. So I don't doubt that I missed a few hints, and I'm sorry for that. I can be a little oblivious too sometimes." Lauren slyly shrugged, "But I also want you to talk to me. I've never been much of a puzzle person."

I nodded my head.

She smiled at pecked my nose, "Great, now why don't you come up to my room and borrow a hoodie or something so you can make it back home before your mom calls the cops on me?"

I giggled, "Sure." I agreed, "But we better be quick, my mom has them on speed dial."

"You're lying."

"No seriously, I'm pretty sure they're already parked out front."

Lauren half smiled and rolled her eyes playfully, "Come on," She said nodding her head towards the stairs, "Let's not keep the cops waiting."

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 1K 30
Thrown together for a project that is due by the end of the year, Camila Cabello and Lauren Jauregui battle through the stages of a relationship in H...
5K 193 12
Hi!!! My name is Ruby. Well this is my first book ever! I decided on making it fanfic/Camren because what inspired me to write were the Camren fanfic...
189K 6.6K 23
With only senior year left, Lauren wants to get out of high school and into the real world where she aspires to be a journalist. But with her inabili...
318K 8.8K 31
Lauren Jauregui is the school bully. She's hot, popular, rich. She has everything going for her, or so it seems. Camila Cabello is the school queer...