~My Teacher Hits Me~ (Book 1)...

بواسطة JadeHero330

~~~~~ "C'mon, cupcake. Why are you always trying to avoid me? All you're doing is delaying the inevitable." "... المزيد

Author's Note [DO NOT SKIP]
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: New Doors to New Places
Chapter 3: Northvale's House of Horrors
Chapter 4: Ten Times Worse
Chapter 5: The Nightmare has only just begun
Chapter 6: I Want You
Chapter 7: Smashed
Chapter 8: A Dance with the Devil
Chapter 9: Ooh Child
Chapter 10: Don't Tell
Chapter 11: It's Not NEARLY Over
Chapter 12: The Bonds of Friendship
Chapter 13: Not all Secrets Stay Buried
Chapter 14: Times are A Changing
Chapter 15: All Good things must End
Chapter 16: The Danger of getting by
Chapter 17: No More Lying
Chapter 18: C is for Coma
Chapter 19: Scars and Other Things
Chapter 20: Blake and Rylan sitting in a tree, K-I-L-L-I-N-G
Chapter 21: All Around the Mulberry Bush
Chapter 22: The Monkey Chased the Weasel
Chapter 23: Pop! Goes the Weasel
Epilogue
Ghost Chapter: It's Not Over

Chapter 2: The Guy you Never want to Meet

327 12 1
بواسطة JadeHero330

"What the hell is up with you man?!" Tuck addresses Cas, perturbed by his silence. "New girl caught your tongue." He teases when Cas doesn't respond.

Cas glares briefly at Tuck beneath his aviators. "No." A moment later he amends, "Maybe."

Tuck smirks and makes googly eyes at Cas. "Aw...You like her, don't you?"

Cas rolls his eyes at Tuck's incessant teasing, but Tuck notices his hands are shaking slightly as he shoves them into his jean pockets. Immediately, he drops his humorous act.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know." Cas pauses, searching for the right words to answer Tuck's question. "I just...I feel like I'm losing my mind."

"Why?"

"I can't explain it. I'm not sure I even know yet."

Tuck accepts this, still mildly worried, and the two continue walking through the Men's department of JCPenney in silence.

At the other end of the mall, in a girly teen store, Dani and Rylan spin through the racks of glittering and colorful earrings, bracelets, and necklaces. Every now and then one of the girls will gasp and beckon the other to look at what she has found.

"So, where are you from?" Dani asks, testing a bracelet by twisting it back and forth on her wrist.

"My dad and I moved here from Washington state." Rylan says, watching Dani continue to thumb through the jewelry rack.

"Washington? That's cool! I've always wanted to visit the west coast--California and stuff--but my parents tell me I'm too young to travel without them. I guess my brother could take me." She pauses, thinking about it. "If he were so inclined." Dani smiles and peers at Rylan from behind a pair of thick rimmed "geek" glasses.

"You have a brother?" Rylan asks, curious.

"Oh, yeah. Henry. He's in college, but he has to take this next semester off." Dani replies, mentioning the last part sheepishly and sliding the glasses back into their spot on the stand.

Rylan cocks an eyebrow, wondering if she'll continue or leave that information to fester in Rylan's head.

Dani bites her lip. "Well, I'm not really supposed to talk about it, but he sort of got into some trouble at school and basically his punishment is suspension for a semester." She shrugs and says to Rylan in all seriousness, "If we're being honest, he's lucky he gets off this easy."

Dani disappears behind one of the racks, then reappears not a second later wearing glasses with a fake moustache attached to them. She wiggles her nose and Rylan laughs as her initial surprise at Dani's changed appearance fades. Dani giggles.

"It's so nice to have another girl to talk to."

"Are Cas and Tuck your only friends then?" Rylan inquires.

Dani shrugs. "I suppose." She pauses as she tries to recall some bit of information. "I've known Cas for seven years--Tuck for five. It just sort of made sense to hang out with each other. I mean, we all saw each other everyday anyway and after the awful rumors spread about me in middle school, I stopped trying to make girl friends. Guys don't care too much about rumors--at least, they don't hold it against you."

Rylan nods. She wants to know what rumor could be so awful as to prevent her from making friends, but she doesn't feel right asking.

As if reading her thoughts, Dani says, "There seemed to be some belief that I was "into" girls. Don't know where they got the idea from. Probably made it up. But people left me alone when I started hanging out with the guys."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

Dani dismisses her apology. "Eh, whatever. I've moved past it. We should get going if we want to make it to the cafeteria on time."

The girls find Cas and Tuck saving a table in front of Taco Bell.

"So you start school tomorrow, right? Are you going to Northvale?" Tuck asks Rylan.

Rylan giggles around the bite of burrito she has just taken. She can hardly answer with her mouth full. Dani gives Tuck a disapproving look and kicks his shin beneath the table.

"Ouch. What was that for?" He demands.

"You're supposed to wait until after a person is done chewing to ask them a question, idiot!" Dani scolds.

Rylan giggles again, finally swallowing the last of her bite. "Yes and yes. I'm supposed to be getting my schedule in the mail sometime today." She adds.

"We'll have to compare classes later. With any luck, you'll have a few with us." Tuck beams encouragingly.

"Luck?" Rylan questions. That doesn't sound very good. She doesn't want to try meeting new people all over again. She hadn't even thought she may not see these three tomorrow.

Dani pipes up to explain. "He means Northvale High is a big school with lots of students, so the odds of any of us having the same class at the same time as you are very slim."

"Oh." Rylan picks at her burrito, worried now that she won't have anyone to hang out with after all.

Dani, seeing her reaction to this news, attempts to cheer the mood. "But we can all sit together at lunch and get together after school if you'd like."

Rylan's lips twitch up into a smile. "Yeah, that sounds great."

They continue their lunch and Rylan can't help glancing over at Cas whose eyes haven't left his nachos since they sat down. Except for the occasional laugh or grunt at a comment made by Tuck or Dani, he still hasn't said a word. Rylan was willing to dismiss it before, but now she began to wonder if he was naturally shy or if, indeed, something else was going on.

"What do you say we go to the movie rental store and find a movie to watch this weekend?" Dani interrupts Rylan's train of thought about Cas.

"Sure." She replies. She's excited about the idea of getting to spend more time with them again. Maybe this is the start of a long friendship after all.

Tuck, Cas, Dani, and Rylan walk into the movie rental store and Tuck makes a rebel yell, startling Rylan as he dashes into the action section. Dani rolls her eyes at his theatrics. Cas walks silently after him, but turns left at the horror section. Rylan glances at Dani who shakes her head and shrugs her shoulders, seeming to say 'boys will be boys.'

"Let's check out the romantic comedies." She pronounces excitedly and drags Rylan with her. Dani skims through the section, seemingly having it memorized. "Oh I love 27 Dresses!" She squeals as she pulls a movie off the shelf.

The store is filled to the brim with films both new and old. While Dani continues to skim through the titles in their section, Rylan's attention is drawn around the entirety of the store. Her eyes catch at the front where three teenage guys make a striking entrance.

They laugh obnoxiously loud at whatever one of them has just said. Rylan would be inclined to ignore them except that they are intimidating--to say the least--and walking in her direction. They are all of equal build with enough muscle to get by in a fight; the tallest one has short slightly curled brown hair that rides atop a sharply chiseled face with hazel eyes, the second one is only an inch shorter than the first and has skin the color of melted chocolate that really defines his sky blue eyes and a black buzz cut, and the last figure is the same height as the second one with hazelnut skin and sandy orange hair that falls barely above his brown eyes that twinkle with delight when they latch onto Rylan's.

He glances next to her at Dani, then back at Rylan. He appears to realize that she's staring and he scrutinizes her and Dani more closely. Rylan can't bring herself to look away. After all, there's no point in pretending she hasn't been staring. She watches him apprehensively as he touches the other tall boy's shoulder and nods his head in her and Dani's direction.

Being the socially awkward human that she is, Rylan's heart races at the thought of three strange guys coming over to talk to them. She quickly turns to Dani, who is completely lost in her own world, rambling on about what each movie she skims across is about. Rylan opens her mouth to warn Dani of the impending exchange, but a voice in close proximity behind her makes Rylan jump and shocks her into silence.

"And just who do we have here? A couple of ladies searching for some entertainment?" The charm in his voice is undeniable even with the sarcastic emphasis he places on the word "ladies."

She peers at them nervously, determining that it was the curly haired one that had spoken. He seems gentlemanly enough. Rylan appraises them now that they are up close and personal and catches the sandy haired one smirking at her when she locks eyes with him yet again. Now that they are closer, Rylan is shocked to find out just how much they tower over her. She knows that she measures 5ft 7in. and judging by that, these boys have to be somewhere between 5ft 9in. and 6ft. They also look slightly older than most guys her age--with early signs of stubble--although Rylan can't tell by how much. Seventeen, eighteen maybe.

Dani squints up at them and stiffens. Rylan judges that her reaction is due to recognition of some kind. She can't tell whether Dani has simply seen them around before or if she actually knows them. Still, she recovers quickly.

"How perceptive of you." Dani states in mock congratulation. "Now, if you'll excuse us..." She grabs Rylan's hand and pulls her further down the aisle away from the three guys.

They aren't easily deterred, though, and follow as if attached by a leash. "What are you planning on renting, Blondie?" The same guy speaks again.

"A movie." Dani smartly retorts matter-of-fact in what Rylan would come to know as her 'duh' tone. What other reason would there be to be in a movie rental store?

"Really?" The dark skinned one mocks. "I'm sure we could find a better use for your time." He slings his arm around Dani's shoulders and flashes a smile at Rylan. His words--as well as his expression--make her more than uncomfortable. "I'm Liam and this is Tyler and Blake." He introduces, referring to the tallest last who now leans against the shelf to his left and stares intently at Rylan.

If Dani is uncomfortable, she's good at hiding it. "Good for you. I'm proud y'all can remember your own names." She lays the sarcasm on thick and shakes Liam's arm off her shoulders. "But why don't you go find some girls who are actually interested."

Rylan grows uneasy under Blake's gaze and can practically feel his and the other boys' annoyance at Dani's curt remarks and general flippancy. She seems intent on provoking them, whether it is unconscious or not. Blake's gaze shifts from Rylan to narrow at Dani. Rylan takes a step back and pulls at the back of Dani's shirt to slowly remove her from the half circle of menacing guys facing them. But the sudden movement has the boys reacting like cats to their prey. Tyler and Liam round Rylan and Dani, blocking their escape backwards while Blake blocks their path forward.

"Woah, wait a minute. Where do you think you're going?" Tyler sneers.

"You haven't even introduced us yet, Blondie." Blake says jeeringly while looking at Rylan. "Wouldn't want to be rude now, would we?"

Dani narrows her eyes and Rylan tries not to squirm under his scrutiny. Blake relaxes. He is comfortable in his place of "power."

"I've seen Blondie here around school," he says, gesturing to Dani, "but you...I've never seen before."

Blake steps forward and pulls a section of Rylan's hair through his fingers. Rylan's heart pounds loudly in her ears. "Chocolate hair...burgundy eyes....damn, you sure are pretty." He reaches up to stroke Rylan's face, but she flinches from his reach and Dani shifts so she's between Rylan and Blake. For a moment Blake looks like he might get physical, but thankfully Cas and Tuck show up.

"I think you should go now." Cas says in a dark tone. It is the first time Rylan has heard him speak and even though it's not directed at her, she feels goosebumps rise on her arms. Cas is nearly the same height as Blake so the threat is not lost on him.

He turns to face Cas and Tuck. He considers the words, then asks sarcastically, "Is that an order?"

Cas removes his aviators so his expression is more menacing. "It's a suggestion. I highly recommend you follow it."

"Or what, pretty boy?" Blake spits. "This is a public establishment. I'm free to come and go as I please."

"Well I'm sure the owner of this establishment wouldn't take too kindly to you harassing his customers." Tuck says, crossing his arms.

Blake glares at them both for a long minute, then smiles a sinister grin. He looks back at Rylan. "This conversation isn't over...cupcake."

The thought of seeing him at school sends chills down her spine, and she isn't too fond of the little pet name he has decided to call her by either. Rylan hopes the slim chances of having a class with her friends also applies to Blake and his friends.

Blake jerks his head sharply and then he and Liam take off slowly. Tyler twirls Dani's braid once before following them.

"Are you alright?" Tuck asks, eyes scanning Dani and then Rylan in suit.

Rylan peers sheepishly at Cas, hoping to get a good look at his blue eyes while they aren't bright with rage, but the aviators are back in place.

Dani nods. "Yeah, thanks. The bozos weren't listening to me." She glances at Rylan, a worried look on her face.

Rylan gives her a weak smile. "I'm good."

"Right. Well...movie?" Dani grabs 27 Dresses off the shelf and pays for the rental, then the four leave the store, vowing to watch it together next weekend.

The group walk Rylan home. Tuck insists because he knows Cas is still a bit worked up from the confrontation. It has been a while since he has seen Cas get so angry. He himself is also a bit worried about how interested Blake was with Rylan.

"Thanks for walking me home, guys. I'll see you tomorrow."

"You bet. Let's try to meet up outside before the bell." Dani suggests.

Rylan smiles and nods, then heads inside to get something small for dinner and then get ready for bed. When she enters the house, there is a pile of empty boxes stacked in the corner of the room. Her dad has been unpacking all day. Rylan moves toward the kitchen and finds her dad asleep in his favorite armchair with his reading glasses on and a half open book in his hand. She giggles softly and lays a blanket over him and gives him a kiss goodnight.

In the kitchen she notices the mail on the table. One of the unopened envelopes is addressed to her. In it, she finds her class schedule: Ancient History, then Geometry, then Ancient Lit., her lunch period, then Physical Science, then Spanish, and finally Art. Rylan is glad to be ending the day with something easy and fun. 

She tucks her schedule into her back pocket, reminding herself to stuff it into her backpack when she gets to her room, then eats some of the leftover pizza her dad ordered last night. When she's full, she heads up to her bedroom and gets ready for bed.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

6.3K 235 89
Stephanie Walker, A-straight student, sweet,pretty and every parent's dream. What happens when her simple life clashes with the golden boy at her se...
Love, Emma بواسطة LeftyMcGee

قصص المراهقين

790K 30.6K 61
"E-Emma? It's okay y-you know. I-I'm used to i-i-it." "You shouldn't have to be, some people disgust me, the nerve of them." "I can't blame t-t-th-t...
6.2K 360 20
"Hey! She already said she was sorry. What more do you want?!" I screamed loudly in his face. His face turned from angry to shocked. No one had ever...
857K 14.2K 16
[Unstable Minds #1] "Has my little girl been drinking?" He asks teasingly, his head tilting to the side as his eyes run over my now tear-stained face...