Saving the Beta's Daughter (C...

By Mys_AJ

Piper was the Beta's daughter. She was gracious and well-behaved. Her pack loved her, until it started. In he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14.1
Chapter 14.2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.1
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 8.2

42.9K 1.7K 143
By Mys_AJ

Caleb

I'm finally on my way back home. This fucking Alpha wanted me to find a she-wolf for him. Alpha Terence claimed that she's his son's mate and she ran away. Honestly, I don't believe that he's telling the truth. Even if he is, and his son's mate ran away, then I bet she had a good goddamn reason. I mean, someone just doesn't run away for nothing, especially if you have a mate, right?

I never even liked the Blood Star Pack. Actually, I despised that pack. Our packs have just been allies since my father was Alpha. I don't understand why my father agreed to have an alliance with Alpha Terence. That Alpha is horrible. His pack is only strong because he uses fear to control people. And I don't want someone like that as an ally.

Hopefully, I get home soon. The Blood Star Pack is four hours away, driving. I'm a little over half way home. I just gotta change, do the ceremony, do some paperwork, then I can finally go to sleep. I haven't slept a wink in about 60 hours, I had to prepare paperwork for the new wolves joining my pack.

I'm completely okay with Mason's pack as allies. Mason is an amazing Alpha. He treats everyone in his pack like family. The fact that the rogues are trying to take one of his family members away, must hurt. He lost a lot of people trying to protect one person. The girl must be special for him to go through all that trouble.

He lost almost his whole pack. Even Isaac. It sucks that I couldn't go to Isaac's funeral. I had rogues on my territory. They were asking about a she-wolf. Everyone just wants she-wolves. I told the rogues that I had no idea about anything. I was not gonna give someone to rogues. I know for a fact that the girl they were looking for, was not one of the rogues' mate. The men didn't show any concern for the she-wolf. I felt guilty, wondering if she was alone somewhere in the woods, but I can't do anything about it.

"They have just arrived" Wyatt mind-linked me, regarding Mason's pack. I feel bad for not being there. An Alpha should always be present when he has guests. I should be there because these aren't just guests. They will be joining my pack.

More importantly, I should be there to welcome them. Transitioning between packs cannot be easy. "Make sure they are comfortable. I'll be back before the ceremony" I responded. Wanting to get there on time, I pressed down harder on the gas pedal.

********************************************************

I got to the pack house about twenty minutes before the ceremony is supposed to start. I parked behind Mason's yellow corvette stingray. Damn, that car is a beauty. I rushed into the house and up all the stairs to the Alpha/Beta floor. I started taking off my shirt as I entered my room. Slipping on my dark blue polo, I kicked off my shoes and attempted to button up my shirt at the same time. I ended up tripping and falling on my ass.

Giggling filled my ears. I turned and saw Amanda, my sister, sitting on my bed. She was clutching her stomach as she laughed at me. "How long have you been there?" I questioned while standing back up.

I finished buttoning up my shirt whilst she talked. "Long enough" she said with a giggle. I rolled my eyes and went into my closet for pants. Dark colors. I need something that will look nice. I found a pair of black jeans and quickly slipped them on.

"Come on" I said while walking towards the door, but Amanda stopped me from moving. "We're gonna be late" I informed her. I would look like a shit Alpha if I wasn't here to welcome the new members and if I was late to their ceremony. Not professional at all.

Amanda rolled her eyes and pointed down. My eyes followed her finger to my feet. I never put on shoes. My sister laughed at me while I slipped on my all black Vans. I have a shirt, pants, and shoes, I just need to fix my hair a bit. I ran my hand through my hair so it didn't look like I just woken up. "You look very handsome" Amanda complimented me.

I smiled down at her. "And you look very pretty" I struggled to get the words out my mouth. I wanted to tell her to go change. She was wearing a sleeveless black leather shirt tucked into a red and white checkered skirt. The shirt ended a few inches above her knees, giving people a view of her legs and her shirt was extremely tight. I could tell that all the wolves would be drooling over Amanda. And that's something I don't need to deal with

 Amanda is only 15. When she was a baby, her birth parents were attacked by rogues. My parents took her in, and raised her as their own. Even though she's not blood related, Amanda will always be my sister. Anyways, I'm responsible for her. And no one is going near her unless he's her mate, and of course Wyatt, Tyler, and I have to approve of him. Tyler is my younger brother. He's 18, so he's kinda the middle child. Amanda is three years younger, whilst I am three years older than Tyler.

My sister smiled at me. "Thank you. We should probably head out back now" she stated. I nodded and we walked downstairs together. I started getting excited. I felt like something good was about to happen. It must have something to do with the new people joining my pack. We walked out to the backyard that was already set up. Everyone turned silent. Amanda disappeared within the crowd and I walked around the pack to get to the front.

"Hello, everyone" I said. My voice seemed louder since no other noise was being made. "Today, the Crescent Fall Pack will join our pack" I announced. The pack started hollering and cheering. Like at any other gathering, my pack was happy. I waited a few moments for them to calm down. I had to do this whole ceremony the traditional way which, if you ask me, is kinda boring. "Everyone, please state your names, starting from the left side"

I tried to memorize everyone's names, but I was too skittish. I needed a run before I was able to fully pay attention to something. I don't know why I was so happy, but the feeling was overwhelming. "Do each of you agree to join the Crimson Night Pack? And to be loyal to your leaders and protect your pack?" I recited the pack agreement. Pack agreements were basically the same for every pack. It was about loyalty and care.

I received a chorus of the word 'yes.' Crap. What was next? I don't know the exact phrase, but it has something to do with mixing our bloods. "Now, we all get to poke ourselves with knives to mix our blood!" I said with fake excitement. The pack laughed. I decided that I should start with Mason, since he was the Alpha. Then Wyatt and I moved onto Liam, then we just went around the table. The second to last person was kinda young. A year or two over 10, I think. I wonder who's kid he is, and if he's shifted yet.

Finally, we got to the last person. It was one of the very few girls. She looked around 17-ish and she was absolutely stunning. Her dark brown hair was clipped back, but a few strands framed her face. The loose locks of hair were wavy, telling me that her hair was naturally like that. I'm a little less than half a foot taller than her, but she's wearing heels. My eyes started at her nude heels, made their way up her tan legs, then her beautiful blue dress, and finally, her face.

She wasn't looking at me, but I could tell that she was gorgeous. Her face wasn't caked with make-up, and she looked so innocent. Suddenly, her head turned and our eyes met. Her brown eyes pierced into my blue-green eyes that I shared my mother. I couldn't pull my gaze away. Her eyes were so beautiful and mesmerizing. After a few minutes, Wyatt elbowed my gut, breaking our little stare-down.

She blushed from embarrassment, causing my lips to turn up into a small smile. She was just too adorable. "Dude. The ceremony. You gotta mix your blood" Wyatt mind-linked me. I poked myself with the knife as the girl held her hand up. I touched her hand to mix her blood and I felt the sparks. Mate.

The girl gasped and moved away from me. I inhaled her scent and was instantly filled with lust. I wanted her so badly, my wolf wanted her so badly. He fought for control and I felt my eyes darken. I looked into her eyes, hoping to see the same lust that I felt, but there was no lust in her eyes. She looked scared, frightened actually.

She moved behind Mason and Liam. I barely had an ounce of control, it was all my wolf. And he was jealous. "Mine!" I shouted. Mason got in a protective stance in front of my mate. He thought I was going to hurt her. I growled at him and I heard my beautiful princess whimper. "Move!" I demanded in my Alpha tone. Liam quickly moved away, but the Alpha tone doesn't work on Mason.

"You have to calm down first" Mason told me. I growled, how dare he tell me what to do. He has no right to keep me from my mate. I couldn't find her for five years. I grabbed Mason's shirt and pulled him towards me, but some of Mason's old pack members pulled me back. They quickly let me go once I was a few feet away from him. I watched as the young boy touched my mate. He rubbed her back and she physically relaxed to his touch.

I was even more jealous. I was the one who scared her, and I'm not even the one comforting her. "Don't touch my mate!" I shouted. My mate let out a quick, high-pitched scream at the sound of my voice. Dammit, I'm making it worse. But I can't control myself.

Liam slowly approached me. "That's her brother" he informed me. I could smell my mate's tears and sweat. Why is she sweating? Suddenly, she started wheezing. Pants of air were getting into her lungs, but nothing was coming out. She wasn't breathing properly.

My mate's brother turned her around so they were face-to-face. "In and out. Come on, just breath. Deep breaths" he said calmly. He continued to repeat the same phrases, but it wasn't working. "Dammit. Piper! Breathe!" he demanded. She squeezed her eyes shut and held onto her head. What the fuck is happening? I rushed towards her, but Mason pushed me away.

I growled at him, ready to shift; and about ten of my men held me back. I wanted blood. I thrashed against the men, able to push a few off of me. I looked back at my mate and her eyes met mine. She looked a thousand times more frightened than before.

She slightly swayed on her feet, but her brother kept her upright. "Piper! Stay with me!" he yelled. "Open your eyes. Keep your eyes open!" he shouted. My mate fell to the floor and Brenda, Mason's grandmother, emerged from the crowd of people.

"You!" Brenda pointed a finger at me. "Calm the fuck down!" she demanded. I instantly stopped moving, Brenda never swore. Ever. I frowned and stepped back a little. She walked up to my mate and gently lifted her head onto her lap. "Piper, darlin'" she whispered.

My mate, Piper, didn't respond. Her body was completely still and limp. "Kaley!" I shouted for the pack doctor. The small woman pushed past the pack. I didn't have to tell her what happened. The whole pack saw it.

Kaley placed a hand on Piper's forehead. "She's cold. We need to get her inside" Kaley said in a rush. I instantly stepped forward, so I could carry my mate. Much to my surprise and dislike, Kaley shook her head at me. "You can't touch her" she said sternly.

A loud growl erupted from my chest. "She is my mate!" I shouted. Kaley winced at my tone, and several of my pack members moved further away from me. I forgot to mention that I have a bit of an anger issue.

Kaley pointed at Mason and Liam. "She trusted you two, so you will take her upstairs" she demanded. Mason gently picked up Piper and Liam opened the door for them. I calmed my wolf, waiting for Kaley to explain why on earth she won't allow me to touch my own mate; but unmated wolves can. Kaley sighed. "Caleb. She's out cold. Her body shut down. Which means she's trying to heal a certain part of herself"

"Okay? So why can't I touch her? Shouldn't it like be helping her if we're together?" I questioned. Mates give each other strength. The closer you are to your mate, the faster you will heal.

The doctor shook her head. "I'm not sure which part of her is healing. It could be an infected wound, lack of oxygen, stress, a broken bone. It could even be her wolf side that needs healing. I really don't know at this point. Your touch might be able to heal her, but it can also send her on overdrive" Kaley explained.

Overdrive. So touching my mate can potentially save her or make it worse. "How long will she be like this?" I said while gazing at the door of the house.

"I don't know. It could be hours, days, weeks, months, and maybe years" she answered quietly. Years? She could be like this for years and I wouldn't be able to touch her that whole time. I can't even hold her hand.

Suddenly, someone stepped into our conversation. It was my mate's brother. I should probably learn his name. "It's only going to be a few days, one week at the most. After she wakes up, her memory will be fuzzy for another week" he stated. How the hell would he know? Obviously, he's not a doctor.

Kaley stared at the boy before nodding her head. "This has happened before" she said. The kid slowly nodded and looked at the ground. My mate has fainted before? "You're her brother right?" Kaley asked.

"Yeah. I'm Zeke" he said. Gotta remember that. My mate is Piper. And her brother is Zeke.

The doctor spoke softly to Zeke. "Can you tell me how this happened before?" I was eager to know the answer. Zeke looked around him at my pack members that were listening to this whole conversation. 

He seemed uncomfortable. He slowly shook his head to Kaley's question. "I can't" he said quietly. "It's not my place to tell. It's Piper's choice of whether or not she wants people to know" So my mate has secrets. I'm not sure I like that.

"I'm her doctor. You don't have to tell anyone else. Just tell me" Kaley stated. "I won't tell anyone. There's doctor-patient confidentiality"

He slowly nodded in agreement and glanced at me. "Will you have to tell Alpha Caleb?" he questioned. Well, duh. I'm her mate!

"No" Kaley said, surprising me. I shifted my gaze to her. "Like Zeke said, it's Piper's choice. She doesn't have to tell anyone, if she doesn't want to. And you can't force me to tell you" she told me. I sighed in defeat as they walked into the house.

Well this day didn't go as planned. I turned to face my pack. "Uh... Everyone enjoy their night" I stated before going inside the house. Should I go to Piper's room? I can't even touch her. And if I'm too close to her, then I won't even be able to resist. Just her scent is intoxicating. When we touched, the sparks were the best thing I've ever felt. I needed to feel it again.

I walked out the house and into the forest. I started running and thinking about Piper. 

************************************************************************

After two hours of debating it, I followed her scent up the stairs. I stopped in front of the room. Someone else was inside with her. I could sense it. My wolf fought me for control, but I pushed him down. I slowly opened the door.

My mate was lying on the bed with several blankets covering her. She was wearing a large hoodie under all the blankets. There was an IV connected to her arm and an oxygen mask on her face. Kaley said that Piper would need nutrients. And since Piper had a hard time breathing before she passed out, the doctor hooked her up to an oxygen tank. I told Kaley to use anything she needed. I wanted my mate comfortable and healthy.

I looked around the room. There was a purple suitcase overflowing with my mate's clothes. Boxes were stacked in the corners, and there were more suitcases in the corner. Damn. She has a lot of stuff. I heard the shower turn off, reminding me that someone else was in here. I calmly sat on the couch and waited.

"What are you doing here?" Mason asked as he came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. He walked over to a suitcase and started digging through it.

"Haven't you heard of privacy?" I hissed. Mason looked at me in confusion. "Don't dig through her stuff. And please put some clothes on"

Mason rolled his eyes. "This is my suitcase" he said, while gesturing to the bag. It was filled with mens clothes. "Two of those are my boxes" he pointed to the stack in the corner. "And this is my room" he said slowly.

His room? "This is Piper's room" I stated.

Mason sighed. "Piper and I share this room. Remember. The extension. People need to share rooms" he reminded me before going into the closet.

The extension will only take a few more weeks. Then everyone will have their own rooms. "Why are you two sharing a room? Couldn't she share with someone else?" I asked bitterly. An unmated male planned on sharing a room with my mate.

"She asked me to" Mason stated as he walked out the closet, fully dressed. I felt jealous. Does my mate have feelings for him? Mason glanced at me and chuckled. "Don't worry. Piper is like my sister" he informed me.

Well, if they're that close, he must know a lot about her. "Can you tell me about her?" I asked hopefully. Mason nodded and launched into a story about my mate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 162 18
Colton, beta of the Blood moon pack has lost two of his mates, at this point he is done trying to open his heart again. He lost his first mate by a...
4.6K 656 40
A rogue attack forces Harper Smith to save and build her pack, Silver Star Pack, up from dust. Her past is full of confusion and mystery and she soon...
4K 339 35
"Trust is something I am in no position to give, Aden." ... Charlotte Rae is strict on her virtues and science; seeing is believing. Life needs no re...
2.3M 51.4K 30
BOOK ONE TO THE "Rejection Series" Ellie Martin had been harassed and ignored since the age of 13. She was once the child that always smiled, alwa...