MayHem

By SOXsmith

There is a new artist signed to T.D.E. She has been working under Dr.Dre for 2 years getting ready for her ch... More

The New Black Panther Party
I Want You
The Meeting
Are you serious?
Are you serious? (2)
Are you serious? (3)
Mother?
Signing Day
The Crew
The Crew (2)
Getting Past The Shell
So, this is family?
Author's Note
What's wrong?
After the storm
Turn Up!
This Love...
Under the Surface
Jamming with Kendrick...
Trying to Forget (2)
Trying to Forget (3)
Something Isn't Right
Something Isn't Right (2)
Something Isn't Right (3)
Conclusion...
Author's Note

Trying to Forget

84 9 3
By SOXsmith

May's POV

Sitting there with a book, May looks up to see her empty home. A bowl of popcorn on the bed in front of her would have been nice to share with someone. She sits the book on the nightstand and pulls her knees to her chest. Holding herself, she wishes she had a man to do it for her.

(phone rings)

May: Hello this is Mahalah.

Unknown caller: (Old raspy voice) I missed that beautiful voice..

May: I missed yours too, I've been searching for you number for years. How did you find me?

Unknown caller: The police station gave it to me.

May: Why would the police station give you my number..?

Unknown caller: Because they thought that I should give you the news, as your guardian.

May: What news?

Unknown caller: He's out.

May: (Sits in silence while a tear slowly slides down her face)...

Unknown caller: He got out yesterday. I can't believe it's been 4 years since they caught him.

May: (Grips phone harder and tries to hide the sounds of her crying)

Unknown caller: May? Did you hear me?

The phone drops on the bed. She grips her hair and then the tears start to flow faster and harder.

(to be continued..)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 200 23
Denise is living the high-powered corporate life climbing the ladder to the top in bustling Los Angeles. She has worked hard to achieve success and e...
25.4K 890 43
So here is the beginning of a new book i am writing based off dreams and imaginations ! Its about a girl name Crystal Nicole Moore . Always had a dr...
34K 922 11
“You’re so dark!” “You blend in with the night” “Girl you need some color” “Aww! She wish she was light skin””You burnt!” Discrimination and Bullying...
53.1K 1.9K 11
This Is Just For Laughs. I Recommend Reading My "Thug Love Series" Beforehand To Be Able To Fully Understand Some Characters. Order Is Right On My Pr...