I Need You {Sequel to Summer}

By posies_

"I though I didn't need him, I really did after seeing him with that girl. I tried Andrew, I swear. But I do... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22

12

179 9 6
By posies_

World Series

Game 7 @ Kansas City

____________

"Do you want donuts?" I asked Joe through the speaker on my phone.

Of course!!

"Alright. I'll be back at the hotel in about fifteen minutes." I said, walking to the back of the Walmart I was in.

Okay. Be careful.

"I will," I sing-songed. "I love you."

I love you too.

We both hung up the phone and I grabbed a box of chocolate donuts, knowing those were Joe's favorite.

I went to a checkout station and got a dirty look from the lady behind the counter.

She scanned my donuts and I paid her, feeling her stare into the back of my head as I left the store.

I shook my head as I got into my car, starting it as I began to drive back to the hotel.

I got there and parked the car, locking it and walking to my room.

I got there and unlocked, opening it to see most the team sitting there.

"Why?" I asked, kicking my shoes off.

"We heard you were buying donuts." Buster said.

"I only have a box." I said, throwing the box at him. "Have fun."

I sat next to Joe, who wrapped an arm around my waist. "Do you want any?"

"No. I don't feel well." I laid my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my back and kissed my forehead before looking back over to the boys.

______________

"Joe, can you grab my sweatshirt?" I asked while putting my hair into a bun.

"Where?" He asked, looking around the room.

"Right there!" I snapped, pointing at it.

"Sorry." He said, throwing my jacket at me.

I sighed, "I'm sorry love. I just really don't feel good."

"Then stay here. I don't want you to get more sick." He said.

"No. I'm going to this game. I don't care how I feel." I slipped my sweatshirt over my head.

"Alright." He sighed, grabbing my hand and pulling me out to the car.

__________

"Let's go boys!" I cupped my hands around my mouth to be louder.

The first inning was scoreless for both teams so we are now in the second.

Pablo was up to bat, taking a practice swing before stepping up to the plate.

He got hit by the pitch, slowly dropping his bat and jogging to first base.

Hunter Pence was up next. "Let's go Hunter!" I screamed.

Hunter singled to right field and now Brandon Belt was up.

Brandon also singled, loading the bases for Michael Morse.

"Come on Morsey." I said under my breath.

Morse hit it out into the outfield and I was praying it would leave the park.

It ended up just being a sacrifice fly, but Pablo still scored, making us lead 1-0.

Brandon Crawford did the same, driving in Pence to make the score 2-0.

We got the last out, bringing us to the bottom of the second inning.

The Royals scored a run when Billy Butler drove in Alex Gordon.

Again, they tied the game on a sacrifice fly.

"C'mon Huddy!" I screamed.

Escobar singled which two men on the bases and two outs. Bochy decided he had enough and took Tim out of the game.

Jeremy Affeldt came in to relieve Tim. Jeremy struck out Nori Aoki to end the inning.

The Giants did not score in the third inning, bringing us to the bottom of the third.

Affeldt was pitching good until Eric Hosmer came up.

He hit the ball up the middle but Joe stopped it by diving and catching it, flipping it out of his glove to Crawford, who threw it to Belt.

"Yeah! That's my boy!" I yelled, clapping my hands together.

Hosmer slid into first base, the umpire calling him safe.

I shook my head 'no' and then Bochy announced that he was going to challenge it.

After about three minutes of waiting, they ruled Hosmer out.

We got the last out and went into the fourth. Pablo was up to bat once again.

"Let's go Panda!" I yelled as he walked out to the batters box.

Pablo bunted it perfectly down the third baseline, making it safely to first.

Pence came up to bat and he hit a single, moving Pablo to second base.

Brandon Belt was up to bat and he hit a sacrifice fly to right, Pablo advancing to third and Pence making it to second.

The Royals changed their pitcher to Herrera. We waited for him to get warmed up and then Michael Morse was batting.

After the first two strikes, I felt the nervousness bubbling up inside me. But Michael delivered, like usual, and hit a single, Pablo scoring.

After we got all our outs, Jeremy was still pitching for the fourth inning. He pitched a scoreless inning and now we were heading the the fifth.

The Giants didn't score in the fifth inning, and we were heading to the bottom of the fifth.

Affeldt pitched for one batter, then Bochy decided he should change the pitcher.

You could hear 'Bumgarner' echoing throughout the Royals stadium, their fans chanting it.

But when Bummy walked out of the bullpen, the crowd silenced. You heard the Giants fans cheering for Bummy, but the Royals fans silenced. I don't blame them, he did pitch a shutout game two days before today.

He got to the mound and his warmup pitcher were way out of the strike zone and I rubbed my hands over my face.

Madison finished the inning quickly, allowing only one runner on base.

Over the next five inning, Bummy retired all the batters, bringing us to the ninth, the Giants leading 3-2.

Alex Gordon came up to bat and he hit it out to Blanco. Blanco picked it up the dropped it, then tried to pick it up again but kicked it away from himself.

"Get it together." I said to myself, holding my interlocked fingers in front of my mouth.

Everyone seemed to panic except Bummy, who remained completely calm. I mean, we had two outs but I still panicked a bit.

Pérez was up to bat now and I stood up, hoping Bum could get him out.

"Let's go Bummy!" I screamed, clapping my hands together.

Pérez hit a popup to the foul area by third base and Pablo came running towards it.

He caught it and immediately dropped to the ground.

I screamed very loudly and clapped my hands together.

My boys had just won their third World Series in five years.

The team had already crowded the field and the Royals players began to disperse, along with the fans.

I went down to the locker room, waiting with the girls for the boys to come down.

After about thirty minutes of waiting, we decided to sneak up there.

We got up their and Bochy waved us out. I told the girls and then ran over to Joe, him not noticing me.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his back, causing him to jump.

He spun around, pulling me into a tight hug. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist, his hands grabbing my thighs so I didn't fall.

I leaned my head back and kissed all over his face, telling him how proud I was of him.

I let my feet fall to the ground, bringing my hands up to his neck, wrapping them lazily around it.

His hands went to my lower back, pulling me closer to him as he kissed me.

"I did it." He said quietly but loud enough for me to hear him. He was clearly still in shock, but who wouldn't be after winning a World Series in their rookie year?

"I know baby. I'm so proud of you." I said, grabbing his face.

He kissed me again and when we looked up, everyone was heading down to the locker room.

We followed suit and Joe grabbed a pair of goggles to keep his eyes from burning.

I adjusted my beanie before following Joe over to where the rest of the boys were surrounding Bochy.

He gave a speech about how proud he was of the boys, saying something about each of them that helped them get to where they were.

When he was done, the boys responded with spraying alcohol everywhere. They each took turns getting champagne showers and I watched in amusement as Joe was drenched head to toe.

"Oh you think that's funny?" He said, walking over to me with a smile on his face.

"Noo..." I said, beginning to run from him but I ran into a towering Madison Bumgarner.

He looked down at me with a sinister smile and I sighed. "Oh well."

He pulled me into a bear hug, each of the boys slowly joining in. I felt my clothes beginning to cling to my body and was laughing when they let go.

They were all staring at me and I was very confused.

"Speech speech speech." They chanted and I held a finger up as I walked over to Joe.

"You might want these." He said, handing me his goggles.

"Thanks." I said, slipping them on over my face and then stood in the middle of the boys.

"I've gotta say, I'm so fucking proud of you boys. You guys deserved this more than anyone.

I knew you guys had this from that moment in Pittsburgh when Brandon hit that grand slam." I said, poking Brandon's stomach.

"But through all this, you guys were known as the underdogs. No one expected you guys to come this far.

Saying that you guys had no chance. Hell, everyone thought the Dodgers would make it farther than you guys.

But they don't matter anymore. This is about you guys. And how you guys just beat some of the best teams in the league, knocking them down one by one, showing everyone what you were made of.

All you guys had a part in this. You wouldn't be able to do this without each other.

I just can't explain how proud I am of each and every one of you. I'm in awe about how amazing you guys did this postseason.

You guys really do deserve this, more than any other team.

I love you all and I'm so proud of you. And there's only one thing left to say;

Drink it up!" I yelled, the boys instantaneously spraying me with all the drinks and jumping up and down around me.

Joe came up behind me and spun me around, kissing me before I had a chance to say anything.

The boys had dispersed from crowding us and when I pulled away, I saw Madison holding about eight beers in his hands, pouring it all over himself. I turned around and saw Buster standing in the corner, screaming while the boys showered him with champagne.

I smiled to myself and Joe pulled me into his side, tightening his grip on my waist.

After everyone celebrated for a while, Joe and I decided to head back to the hotel.

We got there and slowly walked up to the hotel room, still in shock about what had just happened.

"I have one more way to celebrate this." I said, unlocking the door.

"Oh? How's that?" Joe asked, stepping inside the room.

I smirked at him before closing the door and pulling him towards the bed.

____________

I hope you guys liked this because I am proud at how long it is.

Andddddd, they did the dirty😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

Byee❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 5.5K 30
He was willing to share. He couldn't decide. He didn't know.
7.3K 102 4
Harry decides to help Y/N with her needs when her boyfriend isn't cutting it
294K 9.7K 14
"You guys would be cute together though." Seven words that changed everything. [boyxboy] (even though this is complete when you pick it up, please le...
147 16 3
(Medium BxB Story) Who would've known that cutie at second base would find his way into my cold heart? Well, I'm not that cold, am I? He's always tel...