The Truth Behind Those Eyes

Από SoCameraShy

Unbeknown to Nikki, her next delivery will offer her two choices; deliver the package and die or flee and be... Περισσότερα

The Truth Behind Those Eyes - Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Eleven

967 85 6
Από SoCameraShy

Sam's smile grew as he drew closer to a terrified Nikki. Taking her hand he gently coaxed her to her feet, pulling her away from the man who claimed to be her guardian. Unsure as to what was expected of her, or what was happening, Nikki allowed Sam to lead her a few steps from the table and out of the corner of her eye she saw Josh twist to watch them. She couldn't help but notice his obvious irritation.

Positioning himself in front of her, Sam slipped his hands onto Nikki's hips, effectively pinning her in place. "Hi again," he murmured with an easy smile.

Inside her chest, Nikki's heart began to accelerate both from his close proximity and the uncertainty of her situation. She was scared.

"Now Nikki, I want you to listen to my voice. I need you—" he paused, pulling her fractionally closer to him, "—to do exactly as I say."

Hesitation poured from her tense posture as Nikki stiffly shifted her weight from foot to foot. Glancing to Josh for support she caught her reflection in the dusty glass window and was shocked by what she saw. The face staring back was vulnerable and frightened, the eyes wide and framed by dark circles. Her skin, which was normally pale, was now bone white, reminding her of the thing that lay in wait as soon as she lost consciousness.

Forcing her eyes to move, she caught Josh's attention, noting how he nodded stiffly, clearly unhappy but still encouraging her to continue following Sam's instruction.

Taking a deep breath, Nikki wrestled her focus back to Sam and swallowed down her nerves. If she wanted to return home to see her family and friends she would have to go along with what ever he said. She nodded, giving her consent blindly in the hopes that this might solve her problems.

I'm return Sam smiled, the warmth in his gesture touching his eyes and drawing Nikki in. She stared at the familiar hazels and allowed the tension in her body to slowly dissolve. If Josh trusted him then so did she.

Sensing her surrender, Sam bent his head and positioned his mouth to her ear, his hot breath tickling her with each steady exhale.

"There's no one here except you and me," he purred, his left hand slipping slowly from her hip up her arm and cupping her chin. "Just you and me," he repeated.

To her right Josh sighed quietly. She attempted to move but Sam held her firm.

"Just us," he whispered. "Listen to my voice, feel my skin against yours." He pulled her tighter into his embrace and she felt the burn of her blush as it spread across her face.

"Take deep breaths ... Feel the blood rush through your veins, feel my breath against your ear."

As he spoke she felt her turbulent thoughts quiet down.  Yet in the back of her mind she struggled to understand how yet again she could yield so easily to a stranger. A frown momentarily creased her forehead. She knew she had to trust him, she wanted to trust him but she thought at least a small part of her would have remained reserved.

Trying to brush away her thoughts, Nikki exhaled, feeling his body close to hers, his hand on her hip and his skin against hers. But instead of feeling uncomfortable at the intimacy, she was ... Completely relaxed.

Slowly Sam moved his hand from her chin, sliding it under her jaw and around to the back of her head, his thumb stroking her face tenderly. She felt his other hand glide to the base of her spine, locking her in his hold.

"Just breathe."

Again, she inhaled and acknowledged that she should feel somewhat violated by his touch, yet somehow, nothing mattered. She was simply safe and relaxed.

Continuing on, his soft, melodic voice barely more that a whisper now, Sam squeezed the back of her neck gently. "Feel my arms. They are strong. They are good; you feel safe in my arms because you are safe. Safe with me." He squeezed again. "Nothing can touch you. I've got you, Nikki, you're all mine now." He pulled his shoulders back but she remained locked in his arms. Moving his face to hers, his eyes burned feverishly. "You are safe."

She inhaled, feeling weaker with every breath.

"You are mine."

She exhaled, her eyes sliding shut under the heavy weight of her lids.

"You are safe," Sam reassured.

She felt safe. She was safe.

Allowing the new found calmness to drive her, Nikki leaned further in to his embrace; the hand on her back pressing their hips together, illuminating the last of the distance between them. Without realising, Nikki tipped her face upwards and sought out his lips, kissing him softly as she drowned in the stillness of her own thoughts.

Suddenly Sam was all there was. He was everywhere; he consumed her. His sturdy arms wrapped comfortingly around her, his hair brushing against her cheeks. His body, temptingly snug, against hers. She was safe. Sam was safe. She was Sam's ...

From somewhere deep inside the house there was a scraping and a growl. The unexpected interruption causing her heart rate to kick up a notch.

Had she fallen asleep? Was this the monster coming? She tried to think through the swirling mists of unconsciousness but Sam refused to let up on her, kissing her firmly but without any urgency.

"Always safe with me," he muttered against her mouth, squeezing her neck again and again, and tracing circles on her spine.

By now the growling had faded allowing Nikki to relax completely.

Opening her eyes, she was astounded by a beautiful white sandy beach. The stripy blue towel under her was wet. She looked at her limbs as they glistened in the sun - they were wet. She frowned, confusion clouding her foggy mind until eventually her memory returned. Of course, she'd been swimming!

To her left an alluring voice called her name. She waved and smiled as Sam blew her a kiss before disappearing over the horizon.Tilting her head back she closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation of the warm sun as it caressed her body. The breaking waves filled her ears and a delicious briny scent filled the air causing her to sigh with unabashed contentment.

It really didn't get any better than this.

Suddenly, a cold breeze ruffled her hair, spoiling the perfect setting and making her shiver.

"This isn't right," she murmured.

"No. It's perfect," Sam disagreed, appearing behind her.

She leaned back against his chest as he softly rubbed the top of her arms to rid her of the goose bumps that had formed. His bare legs rested either side of hers as he sat astride her resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Just perfect," he purred, slipping his arms around her torso and drawing her into his tender embrace.

"Mm, maybe," she pouted, and shook her head. "No. No I don't ... '

A second later, clarity hit hard and she remembered her companion. "Josh!"

Her eyes snapped opened and she found herself staring at the wooden canopy of an elaborately carved four-poster bed. Daylight streamed through dirty windows, pushing its way past the holey, grubby curtains.

On high alert and full of adrenaline Nikki heaved herself onto her elbows. Her gaze darted around the room but calmed as it settled on Josh. He was sat on the floor with his knees bent, and his fingers tugging at the thread of the ugly red carpet. His eyes glued to her.

"You were dreaming." Josh explained.

She weighed what he was saying against her strange memories.

"But," she scowled. "How? I ... " She struggled to articulate the swarming mass of questions flitting through her mind, desperate to fill in the chunk it time that seemed to have disappeared from her recollection.

"Ah, you're awake. Good morning, sugar," Sam called happily, poking his head around the once white, panelled door, "sleep well?" His grin was boyish and sincere.

Nikki fidgeted under their varying stares; one man looked blissfully joyful, the other like a murderous fiend.

"Um, yeah," she mumbled, unable to meet Sam's eye.

"Yeah? Did you dream about me?" Sam winked. She didn't need to reply, the flush saturating her cheeks confirmed what he already knew. "Good! It worked. Well, I'll see you both downstairs," he sang cheerily before his dark head vanished leaving Nikki alone with Josh.

"When did I fall asleep?" she asked trying to understand what had happened.

Josh coughed before answering. "Not long after we got here."

"When though? I don't remember coming to this room."

"I carried you; you were already asleep by then."

"Oh."

Apparently done with the conversation, he shoved himself up and padded to the door.

"Josh?"

She wanted to ask if she'd dreamt the kiss with Sam, but the look on his face stopped her. Instead she glanced down at the bed and shook her head. "I'll see you downstairs."

He grunted an answer and left, leaving her to quietly contemplate what was happening through the bewildering array of memories that filtered through her mind.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Bitter Demons Από Sarra Cannon

Μεταφυσικές

416K 33.8K 49
Book 3 of the Shadow Demons Saga: So far, life in Peachville has been tough for Harper Madison. She's survived attacks on her life, learned how to co...
47 3 33
"I thought I was finally free of being hunted once and for all, but I never thought everything that I had been through would all come down to him," A...
333K 14.8K 84
Now Complete! *** It begins with sultry dreams, a shadowed apparition relentlessly seeking the sweet heat of her body no matter how Sable resists. Po...
369K 10K 37
"Suddenly, I found our faces so close together, I could feel his warm breath caressing my face. It smelt slightly of mint, and an undercurrent that w...