Warriors: A New Life ~Series...

By skystxr

It had been six moons since Lightclan discovered their new home beside the sea. They have settled in nicely a... More

Allegiances
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23: Final Chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 9

123 12 4
By skystxr

Stormstar's POV:

A surge of excitment pricked Stormstar's pelt as he padded out of his den early in the morning. It was the day of the apprentice's ceremony and gathering. It was one of the only day that moon with something interesting happening, except the part when Nutwhisker went missing. But that wasn't really exciting anyway.

Stormstar saw a few cats lazily padding to and from dens or eating at the fresh-kill pile. He looked away and headed down the trail toward the smaller clearing were the Highboulder lay. He entered the clearing, grateful that the ground underpaw was slightly more solid in that area. He trotted up to the large boulder, bunched his muscles and sprang up. His claws scraped the rock as he made his way up.

Once Stormstar had made it to the top, he settled down at the edge, his front paws curling over the lip of the rock. With a deep breath, he yowled. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highboulder for a clan meeting!"

In order for everyone in camp to hear him from all the way in the Meeting Clearing, he had to yowl a lot louder than he used to in their old territory. His ears buzzed and his flanks heaved from the effort of the call.

Luckily, he was heard and soon cats came trotting into the Meeting Clearing. The apprentices new what was going on, Stormstar saw that their pelts were well groomed and their eyes shone with anticipation.

As soon as the soft chatter died down, Stormstar began the ceremony. "I, Stormstar, leader of Lightclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn." He beamed down at the apprentices. "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

A chorus of, "I do." Rang from the apprentices.

Stormstar dipped his head with a smile, "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior names. Silverpaw, from this moment you will be known as Silvershy. StarClan honors your quick thinking and swiftness and we welcome you as a full warrior of Lightclan."

"Greypaw, from this moment you will be known as Greystep. StarClan honors your skills and determination and we welcome you as a full warrior of Lightclan."

Stormstar continued. "Flowerpaw, from this moment you will be known as Flowerstream StarClan honors your kindness and understanding and we welcome you as a full warrior of Lightclan."

"Eaglepaw, from this moment you will be known as Eagleflight. StarClan honors your strength and courage and we welcome you as a full warrior of Lightclan."

"Honeypaw, from this moment you will be known as Honeyburr. StarClan honors your sweet personality and eagerness and we welcome you as a full warrior of Lightclan."

"Mistpaw, from this moment you will be known as Mistcloud. StarClan honors your energy and bravery and we welcome you as a full warrior of Lightclan."

"Redpaw, from this moment you will be known as Redwish. StarClan honors your loyalty and skill in battle and we welcome you as a full warrior of Lightclan."

"Nightpaw, from this moment you will be known as Nightstrike. StarClan honors your fighting skill and dedication and we welcome you as a full warrior of Lightclan."

Stormstar jumped steadily off the Highboulder as the clan's yowls rang in the air.

"Silvershy! Greystep! Flowerstream! Eagleflight! Honeyburr! Mistcloud! Redwish! Nightstrike!"

_______________________

Nutwhisker's POV:

"May I go to the gathering?" Hazefang meowed questioningly, her front paws shifting in front of her.

Nutwhisker studied the grey she cat. He knew she was itching to come out of the den and do things. Over the past moon, she had definitely gotten a lot stronger and she was able to walk quite easily. So getting there wasn't too hard. But what if there was a battle? No, there wouldn't be a fight. Not at a gathering.

After a long pause, Nutwhisker finally dipped his head slightly in agreement. "Alright."

Hazefang squealed excitedly and leapt up from her nest, hobbling over to Nutwhisker and giving him a joyful lick on his shoulder. "Oh thank you! Thank you! I thought I'd never get out of this den!" Her eyes shone blissfully as she started toward the medicine den tunnel. "Can I go out while I wait for the gathering?"

"Yes, but be careful." Nutwhisker meowed and turned back to the herb stock as Hazefang raced out, her paws thrumming on the ground. Bits of soil fell onto Nutwhisker's back from the shaking roof and for a heartbeat he thought the roof was going to cave in. But when the vibrating stopped, he breathed a sigh of relief and turned back to the herbs.

I'll have to remind Dawnheart to get a couple of warriors to strengthen the roof of the medicine den and nursery before they cave in. Nutwhisker thought to himself as he picked up a withered leaf and tossed it into the pile of other dead herbs.

___

Soon enough, the sun started to set and Stormstar led his patrol out for the gathering. Watersplash and Shinewing had declined the offer to go to the gathering so only Nutwhisker was going. He trotted at the end of the patrol, letting Hazefang lean against him as she limped out of camp.

Nutwhisker felt Hazefang's fur tremble against him and she breathed in the many scents around her. A stab of realisation hit Nutwhisker when he remembered that Hazefang had never been out of the medicine den since she first arrived in camp. She had never explored the new territory before.

"Enjoying the outdoors?" Nutwhisker asked Hazefang as the former rogue continued to breath deeply.

"I wish I could stay here longer..." She murmured, her eyes blinking sadly. "But I miss my old home, with my family ans friends."

"I understand how you feel." Nutwhisker nodded, his voice vague. He didn't want Hazefang to ask any questions about his personal life.

Luckily, she didn't say anything and Nutwhisker used that pause to change the subject. "So are you excited for the gathering?"

"Very." Hazefang meowed. "This will be my first gathering ever. I'm kind of nervous. What if I don't act the right way?"

"As long as you stick near me you'll be okay." Nutwhisker meowed reassuringly.

"Thank you." Hazefang meowed, quickening her pace slightly as the clan trotted across the empty beach and toward a cluster of large grey and brown rocks. The sound of waves crashing on the shore beside them sent calming chills down Nutwhisker's spine. He breathed in the salty air and closed his eyes for a heartbeat, his worries melting away into the sand as he walked. Everything will be okay.

Lightclan reached the rocky area just as the moon hit its highest point. The many unfamiliar scents and pawsteps in the sand told Nutwhisker that they were the last to arrive.

He climbed onto the first rock, his claws unsheathed to grip the damp, slippery surface, and he looked ahead of him to see a large group of cats clustering around a huge ledge. Their backs faced the sea, their attention glued to the three leaders atop the tall ledge of stone. Nutwhisker breathed in the many scents and managed to bit out the vaguely familiar scent of Ravenclan. They smelled faintly of damp leaves and pine trees.

Nutwhisker followed his clanmates as they filed into the spacious clearing to join the other cats. Immediately, warriors darted away with hisses and yowls.

"We're being attacked!" Yowled a brown tabby she. Her ears were pinned back against her head and her fangs and claws glowed in the moonlight glaring down at her.

Stormstar flicked his tail to order his cats to stop where they were. He studied the cats around him, then up at the three leaders. "We are a new clan here, we mean you no harm."

"Lies!" A white and brown furred tom snarled. "Intruders! You've come to take our territories!"

Stormstar's tail lashed but he kept a calm voice. "My name in Stormstar. I am the leader of Lightclan. Jaggedstar," he flicked his ears at the massive dark tom, "invited us here to meet you tonight."

Jaggedstar rose to his paws, his amber gaze staring at the Lightclan cats. He meowed in a strong, confident voice. "Welcome Stormstar of Lightclan to our gathering."

The other two leaders dipped their heads toward Stormstar and his clanmates and Nutwhisker felt a pair of warm eyes staring at him. He looked around for the owner of the eyes until he spotted Vixentooth seated with two other cats at the bottom of the ledge. The Ravenclan medicine cat held a friendly gaze as he beckoned Nutwhisker over with his tail.

Nutwhisker rose to his paws and nudged Hazefang, "Come on. Let's sit with the other medicine cats." He helped Hazefang across the clearing and into the small dip in the ground where the other medicine cats sat.

________________________

This is one day late.. :/ Sorry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 2.6K 36
"...The storm will twist the weeping tree..." Young Willowpaw is thrust into the middle of a prophecy that could determine ThunderClan's fate. With...
3.9K 306 38
The time has come for Lightclan to meet their greatest enemy. They must prepare themselves both physically and mentally for the battle of their lives...
125 7 7
The five Clans have been settled by their territories around the lake for season upon season since the days of the legendary ThunderClan leader Fires...
4.2K 459 39
With leaf-bare in full swing, Lightclan is losing hope for survival. More and more cats are coming down with greencough and Lightclan's borders are b...