Being Cassidy

By xxJulietxx

"I would describe myself as dangerous, but not in a criminal way." Cassidy Jones is not the type of person yo... More

BEING CASSIDY
Chapter 1 - First Day Gone Wrong
Chapter 2 - Murderous Stares and Mistaken Concepts
Chapter 3 - I Forgot
Chapter 4 - Last Night
Chapter 5 - Party Animals and Horses
Chapter 6 - Tank Tops and Short Shorts
Chapter 7 - My Ankle and the Chairs
Chapter 8 - Girly Waves and Girly Acts
Chapter 9 - Turn The Tables
Chapter 10 - New Rules
Chapter 11 - I'm Feeling Right Knackered
Chapter 12 - Wrong Choice of a Girl
Chapter 14 - F.S.
Chapter 15 - First Impression
Chapter 16 - Passione Per La Moda (Passion For Fashion)
Chapter 17 - Speaking Of Italy
Chapter 18 - Desdenians' Reputation
Chapter 19 - Early Christmas
Chapter 20 - Confused
Chapter 21 - Remembering The First Day
Chapter 22 - Walking Away
Chapter 23 - It Was A Mistake
Chapter 24 - Messed Up

Chapter 13 - Cool Weather

610 32 4
By xxJulietxx

Had a lot of ideas in my mind but I'm trying to keep it organize. I hope you guys won't be disappointed on this chapter! I present to you ...

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 13 - Cool Weather || Cassidy's POV

I moaned when I heard a lot of voice going on in my head. I looked at the clock and it says it's just six-forty am. What is going on downstairs at this ungodly time? I rubbed my eyes and stretched my body before changing my clothes.

I opened my closet and picked out my shirt and jeans without looking and just went to the bathroom. After I changed, I quickly went downstairs for breakfast.

"What's up with your outfit, did you just pick it out without caring what you're holding?" Clarissa judged.

"Huh? It's comfy," I replied, not having enough energy to retort something worse.

"Yellow and blue doesn't match," she corrected me. I looked at my outfit and I didn't see anything wrong.

"They're not my favorite but they're okay," I said as I slid into my chair and eat my waffles.

"By the way, why are you guys here?" I asked when I put down my fork and asked Reese and Clarissa, who were sitting on the other side of the table.

"Oh you know, we came too early I guess and Sasha invited us here to eat." Reese replied nonchalantly. He let out a groan after he ate a few waffles and said, "Why can't my mom cook like this?" as he admired my nanny's waffles.

"It's because I have the best," I said as I smirked at him.

"Less talking and faster eating, you guys don't want to be late for school," Sasha snipped at us.

We all went quiet and admire the waffles and after I was done, I quickly clean my teeth and slipped into my coat. Today was getting a bit cold, but what can you expect from December?

"Thanks, Sasha," We all chorused before going to the door.

"It's unsurprisingly cold today," Reese read my mind.

"You don't say," Clarissa said wearily and we all went out and said goodbye to Sasha.

"I can't wait for break," Reese whined as he entered the car.

Clarissa started the engine and I saw on the clock that it was already seven-twenty am.

"Where are you going this time, lad?" I asked Reese.

"Spain. Again," he said as he rolled his eyes.

"Why won't your parents give you a car if you can go to Spain every winter break?" I asked him. "They said that I have to pay for my own car." Reese complained. We all know that Reese hates going to work that's why he's stuck car-less.

"Aw, I always want to go there. Can't you take me with you?" Clarissa complained.

Reese has relatives that live in Spain and they go there every Christmas to reunite. I was thinking if maybe that's where Reese got the looks, his dark hair and dark eyes.

"Only if you want to be around with three year old kids and teenage girls who are obsessed, not dedicated, to Justin Bieber and One Direction," Reese snorted.

"No way, I totally fit in!" Clarissa said sarcastically.

I laughed at Clarissa's joke as I remembered that she once went crazy for Justin Bieber but she got through it when she heard he's dating some celebrities and moved on. It was a hard to move on but she was strong to be able so, Clarissa said.

"I bet Jessie likes One Direction, maybe she would fit in to your family," I hinted.

"Jessie? Who's Jessie? Is she your new cousin? Long lost sister or something?" Clarissa asked. I sighed. Sometimes she's too innocent.

"Jessie McKinle-eeey," I said as I shook my head.

"Oh," Clarissa gave me a oh-i-get-it-now look and looked evilly at Reese.

"What? Why are you guys talking about her?" Reese said as he crossed his arms.

"You like her, obviously," I rolled my eyes.

"No way! I'm right with the whole flirting thing that you guys do every day. I thought you were just daydreaming about something and kept on smiling," Clarissa commented.

"Do you guys think she's pretty?" Reese said in a low voice, ignoring our comments.

"Yeah, right. I am so jealous of her beauty," I scoffed. Don't get me wrong with Jessie. I like her, since she's all humble and beautiful but whenever someone ask me about what I think of this girl and if she is pretty, never ask for my opinion.

I don't really know how to rate when it comes to beauty and make-up and stuffs like those but I know Reese don't want to make me feel left out when asking about Jessie's beauty to Clarissa.

"She is but you're too good for her," Clarissa said quickly after I answered.

"Here we go again," Reese said as shook his head and put his hand on his eyes.

"You know there are rumors that she's going out with boys after school every day and sneaks out to the teacher's washroom and make-out. I mean, we don't know if it's true or not. You know, better be safe." Clarissa pointed out.

"Seriously, where did you get your sources?" I asked Clarissa.

"Why do we keep on skipping and changing subjects?" Reese said behind.

"I don't know. I just want to say things before I forget them," I thought about it.

"I didn't realize that we are," Clarissa said as she turned right to the next block.

"You should focus on your driving and less talking you know, it's dangerous when you're not focus on the road, that could lead into the worse scenarios and I'm too young to give up my life," Reese commented.

"We have the same idea, Reese. Clarissa kept on pressing brakes yesterday when she drove me home," I complained.

"You're welcome by the way for my kind offer." Clarissa smiled at me. "But Cassidy, over here, kept on telling me things I don't want to hear," Clarissa continued.

"Like?" Reese raised his eyebrow. I spilled the beans to Reese about what happened yesterday at the Spelling Bee Contest, the exact story I told Clarissa.

"I wish I was there," Reese said as he uncrossed his arm on his chest.

"We're here!" Clarissa said as she parked her car.

"Speaking of the devil," Reese said as I looked his gaze and saw the guys hanging out outside the school.

Connor noticed me and I gave him a smile, remembering the bond we had yesterday, but he gave me an icy look like he did to Xavier. I was hit with shock and am confused by what it meant. But when I remembered when he said something about acting all ignorant with the boys, I tried to understand of him wanting to please the guys by showing off.

I looked away and walked with my friends to the locker and I waited them as they talk about Chemistry.

"I think the result would be good," Reese said as he stuck his head inside the locker, trying to find something.

"I don't think books and make-up hit well," Clarissa chirped.

"It won't literally. But there is a possibility," Reese said once his head was out of his locker.

"I don't think in that case would be a nice report," Clarissa shook her head. 

"I think we have a chemistry together," Reese said.

"Yeah, both of you have chemistry class together like we all do," Clarissa muttered.

"Do you really feel something deep inside, as in really deep inside, for Jessie?" I asked Reese thoughtfully. Reese nod his head, not ashamed of his feelings towards McKinley.

"What would you recommend me to do if I saw her bullying someone. Would I talk back to her or would you let me just keep quiet and let her win because I won't hurt my best friend's girl?" I asked.

"That'd seem impossible that she would hurt someone," Reese scowled.

"There is a point," Clarissa pointed out.

I shrugged my shoulders and agreed on them. It would be impossible but anything can change. People can't stay kind forever. There will come a point that they won't like you to be part of their life. People come and go. It's up to you to dwell on it or move on.

"You know what I noticed? I noticed that there has been less cases of fighting nowadays," Reese commented.

"Ow-really?" Clarissa said.

"Yes, really," Reese gave her a look.

"I haven't notice," I said. Now that I thought about it, he is right.

"I heard rumors that someone was telling the guys to avoid fights especially with," Clarissa then looked at me.

"Clarissa, what are you talking about? Is it some other kind of bullsh-" I said but she cut me off.

"I said rumors. We're not really sure about it, are we?" Clarissa then smirked at me as she close her locker and walked towards the class.

"Geez. Where did Clarissa get a lot of information?" Reese muttered under his breath as we followed Clarissa behind.

I didn't reply him because I also don't know. But whatever she heard, I have a feeling it's not true. The guys are just really suspicious and I have to be careful.

When I arrived on my class, I sat on my chair and I saw a glimpse of Xavier and I ignored him as I remember the thought of him yesterday. He gave me a look and he turned away from me.

I looked at Reese and saw he was busy reading on a book, I turned to Clarissa and she was looking over a magazine. I sighed as I looked at the board then tap my pen on my table as I waited for the class to begin.

I can feel that the weather has been turned down every time I passed through the guys. It has been weeks since Mr. Ricarpo assigned me and the guys for another punishment, but I'm not complaining. I can feel Connor's cold eyes looking at every step I made and Xavier's same old insult whenever I passed him.

"I didn't know that you're part of the traffic light?" he asked as I walked by, commenting on my fashion of clothes. I could have punched him in the arm but I noticed that my friends' didn't hear what Xavier commented. Instead, I quickly fasten my pace and held my head high as I saw my fellow "outsiders" look at me with pride.

"Anytime now," I whispered to Xavier before I walked pass him.

I heard him chucked but the other guys laughed at someone's joke then I thought maybe he was laughing the same thing with them.

"Did you do your math homework today, Cass?" Clarissa asked me.

"I did it last night," I said as I reached out my homework from my bag.

"I don't know how to get the answer of number fifty-seven. Ugh, I hate it when I don't know the answer." Reese scratched his head.

"It's easy. Look, I'll help you." I helped him out and while I was explaining, I saw Clarissa looking at me.

"Finally I got it, thanks," Reese thanked me.

"No problem," I replied back. "Clarissa, if you stop staring at me it would help me a lot." I smiled sweetly at her.

"I'm not looking at you," Clarissa said as she kept looking in my direction.

I raised my eyebrow and looked behind me. I saw the chair near our tree sitting was the Goth and on the right side are the Hippies, both from the "outsiders". On the corner was the "popular" table where they refuse to let their expensive pants touch the daily-watered grass.

I saw Xavier looking back at Clarissa and I looked from Clarissa then back to Xavier.

"Issa, do you have a crush on Xavier?" I asked her, wherein she sat on the other side of me.

"Speak for yourself," she said as she rolled her eyes and went back on answering our extra math homework.

I raised my eyebrow and looked at Reese who just shrugged at me. Clarissa can be so dramatic sometimes.

I looked at Xavier once more, but he was already busy flirting with someone else.

"Can we go puh-lease?" Clarissa begged us for the tenth time.

"No," Reese and I both said.

"But, it's like, once in a lifetime. And I give you guys rides every day. This is the least you guys can repay to me," Clarissa pouted.

"Going on a private fashion show later doesn't count. Your birthday isn't even near so there's no excuse," I replied as we walked back to our class.

I rolled my eyes and waved at the people who said hi to me.

"Reese," Clarissa whined.

The thing is, Reese has this "guilt trip" wherein you make him guilty and he would give up right away.

Reese uneasily looked at me and nod slowly at Clarissa.

"I knew it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Clarissa hugged Reese and Reese hugged Clarissa, sadly, back.

"Only because you give us trips home," Reese told her.

"How do I get home?" I asked no one in particular. If Reese is going with Issa, that gives me no ride. I don't have any driver even if my parents offered me because I'd rather ride with my friends instead.

"I would, as long as you come with us," Clarissa said as she pointed me and Reese.

I rolled my eyes. "In your dreams."

"Come on, we've been into one when we were young," Clarissa pouted. Well, it's not working on me.

"Yes, our first and my last," I said. 

"Yet," Clarissa finished.

"Please go with us, I don't want to be alone bearing with Clarissa's craziness," Reese pouted at me. Now, I have to look away.

There's a difference between Clarissa and Reese's pouts. Clarissa is known to use it for guilt trips. Reese is too kind and he only use it when he can't handle the pain anymore.

Base on how Clarissa's craziness is way more than she has when she was shouting for Justin Bieber's name, I know it's a bit of a pain to deal to it alone.

I tried to push back Reese's pout face but his voice kept on disturbing me. I ignored him and walked straightly to our English class.

But even after class, he still begged me to go with him. He begged after he pouted. How could I say no?

"What is this fashion show anyway popping out of nowhere?" I asked Clarissa out of curiousity.

Clarissa smirked, "You know, my mom has lots of connections and she offered me to go this private fashion show two months ago but I told her that I'll think about it before. Two months later, here I am!"

I've been through once and I didn't die. I looked around us, hoping for a distraction that could escape me from the wrath. I prefer going to Mr. Ricarpo's office than going to the fashion show, but luck is always not on my side.

"Ugh, I hate you guys," I agreed to them.

"Wohoooo hooowoooo!" Clarissa shouted as she put her arms on Reese and mine shoulders.

"People are giving us weird looks," Reese said as he kept his head down.

"Only because they don't get the best of best friends." Clarissa smiled victoriously.

Now that, I can't disagree with.

ღღღღღღღ

a u t h o r ' s n o t e : 

What do you guys think what might happen on the fashion show (which Cassidy totally abhors)?

Comment below because I want to know what you guys think! There's also a star button there, and it's called vote and I would really appreciate it if you click on it :)  Merci!

P.S. SMILE! :) 

"All the statistics in the world can't measure the warmth of a smile." ― Chris Hart

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 373 32
WARNING ⚠️ This book I am not proud of and I could have done better. In my opinion it's kinda bad but be my guest to give it a shot and find out you...
1.1M 31.8K 34
Emma also known as "panther" is the best street fighter in her state and it doesn't help having a abusive dad. But she is also her schools biggest ne...
2K 149 21
~ Featured @StoriesUndiscovered ~ What happens when the school's popular yet bad boy gets paired up with the school's outcast. The girl who's father...
3.6M 112K 31
Lunch went by pretty quickly, and we were back to classes soon enough. I'd forgotten to get a book from my locker, so I quickly went to get it. I was...