10 steps away

By stylesdimplxs

When I first met him, when I first got drawn into those emerald eyes I never knew he'd mean that much to me j... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
New FanFiction

Chapter 54

5.2K 291 94
By stylesdimplxs

I tried my best to sound as nice as possible and hide the fact that I was irritated with what he said. My eyes moved to his hands as he moved them, grabbing the edge of the pool and making himself sit straighter. He licked his lips, remaining eye contact with me, and sighed audibly.

"He's not special. Everyone thinks he's so great but he's not that great," He shrugged his shoulders and even though I have known this guy for 5 minutes, I knew he was not telling me everything. Maybe it's because he's a bad actor or because he sucks at lying.

I shrugged my shoulders just like he did; ignoring the fact that he was not telling me something. Because let's be real, he wouldn't have one single reason to tell me. We're strangers.

"Sorry I haven't caught your name." He told me after a few seconds of silence passed, a small smile playing on his lips. I cleared my throat and sat in a different way.

"I'm Brittany. And you are..." I trailed off, waiting for him to finish my sentence.

"Spencer."

"Spencer." I repeated for myself. "Nice to meet you, Spencer." I said kindly and he flashed me a smile in return.

"Why are you at this party? I mean, how do you know Harry?" he asked my, swinging his feet back and forth in the water. I scrunched my nose up and thought about how to reply.

"I know Harry really well." The corner of my lips tugged up to a smile where no teeth were shown. "And I have to say I do not agree with anything you said about him, he is in fact amazing and I do see why everyone thinks he's so special. It's because he is."

Spencer looked at me and I could tell in his features that he didn't really know what to reply. His mouth was hanging slightly open, ready to say something, and his eyebrows were furrowed in a confused way.

"Why do you think he's so amazing?" His tone held annoyance and so did his eyes whilst he looked into mine.

I cleared my throat and prepped myself up, getting ready to explain why he is so amazing. "Basically, everything about him is great." I shrugged my shoulder, "He's just an amazing human being, and so humble, understanding, loving, passionate, nice, respectful... he's literally everything a person could be, in a positive way obviously. And I do get why so many people think he's so amazing and also why so many girls swoon over him because what's not to love about him? Besides his amazing personality and amazing humour he's got quite a nice appealing to. Not that that's important because looks don't really matter but it's still nice for the eyes.

His eyes have the most beautiful colour I've ever seen and his curls are just so soft and I wish I could run my fingers through his hair all the time. His smile is one of my favourite features of his, along with his dimples, because he can light up my whole day by just smiling." I trailed off, smiling to myself and basically looking at nothing.

Spencer scoffed, causing me to turn my head. "I don't see why you don't like him." I said.

"Because I just don't." he answered, "I don't like him and he gets girls like you to swoon over him. If you like him so much then just go date him." He rolled his eyes and crossed my arms, pissed off.

"You know, I already am dating him." I smiled at him and lifted myself up from the floor, standing on my feet again.

I headed inside, the suffocating air hitting me. I tried to ignore it and focused on searching for Harry instead. I didn't want to make him go home yet but I just wanted to be with him, might sound clingy I know but I barley knew anyone and didn't really feel comfortable at this party.

I spotted a mop of familiar curly hair and made my way over to him. He was still sitting on the couch and people were still surrounding him. I pushed my way through to people so I was at the back of the couch, standing behind Harry. I leaned down to his ear and asked in a quiet voice

"Harry?"

Harry hummed a 'yeah?' in response but didn't even turn his head. I bit down on my lower lip, feeling shy all of a sudden.

"I was wondering how long we're gonna stay because I barely know anyone and-"

"Tell me later I'm in a conversation." He cut me off and answered the questions people were still asking him. I sighed loudly and pushed my way out of the people who were surprisingly still a lot.

I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water, drinking almost everything at once. I sat down on a chair in the kitchen. I put the glass on the counter and rested my elbows on my knees, putting my face in my hands. I looked around the kitchen to make the time pass by faster.

It felt as if the heat in the room only rose and I started to become really hot, my head feeling as if it was burning. I stood up and saw black dots for a quick moment. The black dots vanished and I poured myself another glass of water, thinking that the reason for my dizziness could be dehydration. I sat down once again and took a gulp from the glass, placing it on the floor next to me afterwards.

After battling with myself for about 3 minutes whether I should text Harry or not I decided to do it.

To: Seductive Curls

I was kinda wondering how long you wanna stay?

I waited for about 10 minutes until I got a reply.

I dunno

I shoved my phone in my pocket and closed my eyes. I wanted to go back to Des' house but Harry didn't really seem to catch the hints I was giving him and I also didn't want to tell him that I wanted to go home. I didn't want to ruin his night but I also didn't want to stay here. The struggle is real.

I stood up, deciding that if I'm gonna stay here I might as well see if there's some food in the fridge. I tripped clumsily over the glass that I placed next to my chair and cursed under my breath. The water which was still in the glass spilled all over the floor and the glass broke into hundreds of pieces.

"Why am I so freaking clumsy." I muttered to myself as I bent down, starting to pick up the pieces of broken glass.

I frightened as I heard someone enter the kitchen and lost my balance. I stretched my hands out, trying not to fall, and felt the sharp end of glass cut into my palm. I gritted my teeth and squeezed my eyes close.

I turned around to see who entered the kitchen but the person already left. I pulled the glass out of my hand cleaned up the rest of the mess. After I put the broken pieces of glass into the trash I looked around, searching for a tissue. I found one and took it, pressing it against my palm.

I walked out of the kitchen and headed to the couch again, making my way to the back of the couch where I could tell Harry something without others hearing us. My cheeks flushed, my head feeling more than hot and I cleared my throat.

"Uhm do you know where the band aids are?" I felt extremely and utterly embarrassed and the fact that Harry only shrugged his shoulders made me feel humiliated, even though I have no reason to.

As I walked out of the front door I took my phone and texted Harry

I'm going home. Just letting you know so you won't wonder where I am

I just got a reply as I got into the bus about 15 minutes later.

Why?

I ignored his message, not really seeing the point in replying if I already left. I took a seat by the window and stared outside, watching the lights pass by as the bus moved. It felt like only 5 minutes passed by until I arrived in front of Des' house. I got out of the bus and headed towards the front door, ringing the bell. No one answered and I then remembered hearing Harry and Des talking about a date Des has today and I sighed once again this evening, sitting down on the porch.

It took me about 5 minutes to come up with the idea that they could have a spare key so I stood up and searched at the first place that came into my mind; the mailbox.

Gladly I was successful and found the key in there. I opened the door and got inside, locking the door. I headed Harry's bathroom immediately and cleaned my wound, putting a band aid on it afterwards. It wasn't a really deep cut but I didn't want it to get infected.

I got ready for bed, taking my make up off, putting my pyjamas on and brushing my teeth. I crawled into Harry's bed, pulling the blankets over me because I was cold. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. 

There will be a double update today! :)

Also, many people have been asking me who's in the role of Brittany and the answer to that is simple.

No one.

Brittany is a character I made up in my head, someone that I would personally like to be. During the whole book I tried to not describe her physical appearance too much because whenever I read a fanfiction I imagine myself being the main character, don't judge me.

Anways, I wanted you guys to imagine yourself or whoever you'd like Brittany to be with Harry. Let your imagination go free :) I just didn't want to make someone 'play' Brittany because there are always people who don't like the person who plays the girl. I hope this made sense.

Let me know what you think of the book so far! (It's really close to an end) and what was your favourite scene so far?

Thanks so much for reading and sorry for this annoying authors note.

vote, comment, share .xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 7.7K 44
It all started when a good girl met a bad boy and they fell in love. (WARNING: i wrote this when i was thirteen)
5.6K 101 20
[A Fanfiction Of A Guy That Looks Perfectly Like Harry Styles] "I totally had the perfect life , I was rich, lived in a happy family and loving pare...
1.3M 31.8K 31
"But Bailey you need to promise me." I pulled my head back and looked at her. "Promise what?" "That you'll never let someone's death take over your...
2.4K 5 34
"I'm sorry for saying what I said but I'm not apologizing for my feelings. When you meet the one, you know. If you don't feel the same then that's ok...