My Life

By bulletprooflove15

What happens when you have to balance a mom who keeps pressuring you to do a better job in school so you can... More

Preface: A Smile
Chapter 1: Everyday
Chapter 2: Friends
Chapter 3: Family
Chapter 4: Vincent
Chapter 5: Jordan
Chapter 6: The Fight
Chapter 7: Jayden
Chapter 8: Hanley
Chapter 9: The Funeral
Chapter 10: The Truth
Chapter 11: Alone
Chapter 12: "True Colors"
Chapter 13: The Secrets
Chapter 14: The Good, The Great, The Ugly
Chapter 15: Perth Amboy
Chapter 16: I Deserved This (Jordan's P.O.V)
Chapter 17: Jordan's Back and Madder Then Even
Chapter 18: Black And Blue
Chapter 19: Why is This Happening? (Jayden's P.O.V)
Chapter 20: Sandy Hook
Chapter 21: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 23: Confusion and Hurt
Chapter 24: Happy Birthday?
Chapter 25: The Gift
Chapter 26: Welcome to the Family
Chapter 27: Jr. Prom
Chapter 28: The Surprise (Final Chapter)
Sneak Preview

Chapter 22: Summer Come Back!

436 5 0
By bulletprooflove15

“Scarlett wake up! You don’t want to be late for the last day of school!” My mom yelled from down stairs. I groaned, a few months she was yelling at me to not be late for the last day of school. Now it’s the first day of my Junior year. The sad point is I didn’t get any sleep at all. It could have been the far of seeing Vince and Jordan again… together or the joy of being able to see Rose, Chelsea and Jayden everyday again.

I rolled out of bed and took a quick shower I wanted to look my best so I took a few extra minuets to do my hair and a I picked my outfit out carefully. I didn’t want to gloat but I looked pretty good. The “The Silence Inside” shirt I “Stole” from Jayden matched perfectly with my ultra black skinny jeans. I looked down at my shoes do I want to show off by wearing high heels, did I want to go all black with black sneakers, or did I want to show some colors with my multi-color shoes?

“You should wear the high heels they’re cute and would match that outfit perfectly” I heard the most shocking voice say. I turned around to see no one other then… Adria. I didn’t know what to say. Adria… helping…me?

“Okay” My voice sounded tense. The sister who has hated me since forever giving me tips about fashion?

“Can I help you out a little more? You arms and neck are bare” Adria walked into my room.

“Sure” I couldn’t help but to smile. She grabbed a multi-color chain and slipped it over my head. She grabbed a few random colored bracelets and slipped them on my left wrist.

“Jayden gave you this right?” She asked holding up the single silver heart bracelet. I nodded my head smiling. I loved that bracelet I ware it everyday. She smiled placing it on my right hand. I could tell she was done with it, it looked nice with the singer bracelet.

“And last but not least” She put a bow hair band in my hair. “I have to admit if I wasn’t so girly I would totally love this style” She smiled and went to leave the room.

“Adria?” I stopped her. She turned around waiting for me to say what I wanted to say.

“Why did you help me?” I asked.

“Well, I thought you outfit was a little bland and you needed some accessories so I thought I would help you” She smiled again and continued to walk. “Oh by the way, I hate you” She winked and walked into her room. I laughed when I saw Elias standing in the bathroom door with his tooth brush hanging halfway out of his mouth. I laughed grabbing my book bag and slinging it over my shoulder but not before adding another belt around my waist.

I walked down stairs and into the kitchen.

“Wow Scarlett you look… amazing” My mom said. I smiled saying thanks. Today was a new year I wanted to look nice a new style and this for sure was nothing I wore last year. If Adria would help me every morning I might love this new style.

“Adria helped me” My mom’s eye bulged she was surprised to. Before my mom can say anything Elias walked down the stairs.

“If you went dating an awesome guy like Jayden I might need to punch every guy who looks at you in the face” Elias laughed.

“Hey Elias can you drive me to school today?” I asked. I couldn’t wait till October! I was finally turning 16. I could drive myself where ever I wanted to go.

“Sure we can go now don’t want to be late” Elias smiled. Probably because he was a Senior it was his last year of high school. “So why do you look so nice today?” Elias asked as we walked to his car.

“It’s the first day of school and I want to dress up. I can’t look nice?” I laughed.

“No I’m just saying I never saw you so dressed up before. Dressing up for Jayden since you haven’t seen him last Friday?” He asked.

“No well maybe I don’t know stop putting me on the spot!” I yelled. Elias laughed.

“You’re my little sister I’m just looking out for you” I looked at him funny what was he looking out for me for?

“What exactly are you looking out for me from?” I asked.

“Well you and Jayden are at that age I want to make sure you don’t make a little mistake” Elias looked at me, he emphasized “little”

Is my older brother really talking about this? “Elias are you really going to give me “the talk”?” I laughed. When Elias didn’t say anything I figured he was. “Elias! I don’t need it!”    

“Well I don’t want a little bundle of joy raining on your parade” Elias parked his car in an empty lot and without letting me say another word, walked out of the car and into the high school. I stepped out of the car and started walking into the school. People were staring at me and whispering “Is that Scarlett Taylor?” “Wow she got… hot” I smiled a little to myself.

Since I didn’t have my locker or any books I waited for the one person I miss. Jayden.

After a few seconds I saw Jayden walk by me. “Jayden!” I ran up to him.

“What?” He turned around. “Scarlett?” His voice sounded shocked. “Wow you look… awesome” He smiled.

“Did you not recognize me?” I laughed.

“No I didn’t you look amazing” He hugged me. It was only a week but I missed him. I smiled hugging him back taking in his smell. When we pulled apart he looked at me head to toe. “You know I’ve been looking for that shirt”

“Well you left it at my house so now it’s mine!” I kissed him fast. Despite the high heels Jayden was still taller than me.

“I think it’s a little to big on you” He grabbed the extra shirt on my side and pulled me into a corner. “I missed you babe” He smiled wrapping his arms around me.

“I missed you too” I smiled. “I love you Jayden” he put his point his pointer finger under my chin making me look up at him.

“I love you too Scarlett” He attacked his lips to mine. The force of the kiss made me want to melt and form a puddle on the floor.

Someone cleared their through and tapped on my shoulder. Knowing it was a teach I broke the kiss and turned around. “All student’s must go to their homeroom” The teacher said dully and walked away. I hugged Jayden again before walking to my homeroom. Heads turned as I walked into the room. One head that turned gave me a bone chilling shiver up my back. Vince was sitting there smiling at me. Sadly the only seat that was left was next to him. Rose and Chelsea weren’t in my homeroom this year. I took a deep breathe and sat down trying to make now eye contact.

“Hey Scarlett, how was your summer?” He smiled. Is he pretending like all those nasty texts didn’t happen? This fight last year?

“Leave me alone Vince” I hissed. Those texts scared me I wasn’t about to tell him my summer was dandy!

“Don’t be like that. You know you still like me” He winked. I wanted to punch him right there sure it wasn’t a punch anyone like Elias could give but it would probably hurt.

“Vince, I have a boyfriend” I crossed my arms and looked at him. I noticed his eyes looking at me from head to toe.

“You must have went with him because you couldn’t be with me” Vince smiled a devilish smile. How does he think he is!?

“No, I’m going out with Jayden because I love him now leave me alone” I said between my teeth. When I first met him I thought he was funny and nice now he’s a big…

I was cut off by Vince whispering in my ear. “Don’t talk to me like that Scarlett” I pushed him away from me and stood up. The teacher had her nose buried in a book so she didn’t see me. I walked into the hall was and bumped into someone causing me to fall on my butt.

“I’m sorry!” I yelled. I groaned can this day get any worse?

“It’s okay” A scary familiar voice boomed above me.

Jordan.

Well doesn’t that answer my question! He put his hand in front of my face to help me up. I slapped it away and stood up myself. “Get away from me” I hissed. I seemed to do that a lot. I went to run away from my two worst nightmares when he grabbed my arm.

“Woe, where do you think you’re going?” He asked.

“Away from you” I cried, he was crushing my arm.

“I think we need to talk first” He walked backwards dragging me with him. I wanted to scream for help but I didn’t know if it was a good idea. He backed up under the stairs. Dark + Alone + Jordan = Bad! I kicked trying to get away from him. Sadly being way strong then my, he slammed my against the side of the stairs and got in my face. He pushed a lose hair out of my face.

Why does this have to happen now?! Why on the first day of school! Why does this have to happen at all!?

“Jordan get away from me!” I tried to push him away but I felt his mussels tense up, he wouldn’t budge. I did the one thing a girl could do in a situation like this. I kicked him right where it hurt, when he feel to the ground I ran. Luckily when the bell rang and students went to find their new locker I bumped into the face I was the happiest to see.

“Hey what’s wrong?” Jayden asked. I ran right to his arms. Thank god he was coming out and I ran right to him because it wouldn’t take long before Jordan gets up and Vince leaves our homeroom. I didn’t say anything just hugged him for dear life. If this is how the rest of the school year was going to be I wasn’t going to enjoy my junior year at all.

Summer Come Back!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 2.5K 39
"You don't know what I went through!" I yelled at him, angry tears streaming down my face. He stared at me for a long time before he spoke. "I loved...
3.9K 319 42
Stephanie hated to see her sister cry. Jael was her life, her world, her everything. Even though Stephanie had pain on her chest, her sister eased it...
1.4M 51.4K 40
Scarlett Everwood isn't necessarily your average 17-year-old girl, but she's managed to get by. After a year of pulling herself back together, she's...
1K 13 45
Ocean Harrison is 15 years old, her life at school isn't at all great. Everyone makes fun of her and some of them even physically bully her. Ocean's...