Chapter 7: Jayden

Three months have gone by since Jordan went to jail. They haven't really been the best three months of my life. Rose and Chelsea stopped talking to me for some odd reason. I'm really upset a few days after everyone realized Jordan went to jail that's when they stopped talking to me. At least Hanley and Ryan are still talking to me. They sit with me and Jayden at lunch. Speaking of Jayden I'm really starting to like him! Were like best friends now are favorite place to hang out is the park. I'm slowly falling head over heels for him. I think I'm getting out of my state of depression when I lied about being happy. Jayden makes me so happy just that amazing smile on his face makes my heart skip a beat.

"Hey Scarlett" Jayden smiled walking up to me.

"Hey Jayden!" I hugged him.

"Ready to walk to the park?" He asked.

"Yup!" That was our favorite thing to do on weekends we can talk there not to mention have fun on the mary-go-round also!

"a month left till school is out" Jayden let out a sigh.

"Is that a good sigh or a bad sigh?" I asked.

"Are we still going to hang out in the summer?" He asked.

"Of course!" I yelled. "Why wouldn't we?"

"I don't know" He shrugged.

"Are you okay Jayden?" I asked hes acting a little weird.

"Scarlett can I tell you something?" He asked.

"Sure" I smiled sitting on the swings.

"Um Scarlett do you remember the boy who used to chase you around the play ground when we were little?" He asked. 

"No I don't Jayden you ask me this all the time do you know who he is?" I asked. He must know it or he just needs a name. Jayden got off the swing and stood over me. I went to ask him if he was okay before he attached his lips to mine.

Flashback

"I'm going to get you!" He yelled.

"No your not!" I stuck my tongue out at him. We were running on the fence where we weren't supposed to go unless with a teacher but it didn't stop us. I looked back only to be pushed down.

"I told you I would get you!" He yelled sticking out his tongue.

"You cheated!" I whined crossing my arms.

"Nu-huh your just slow!" He laughed.

"No I'm not!" I pouted. He leaned down and pecked me on the lips.

"EWWWW boy germs!" I yelled pushing him off of me and running away. Only to be chased after again.

End Of Flashback

"Oh my god Jayden it's you you're the boy who chased after me when we were in elementary!" I said after he broke the kiss.

"I knew that would help you remember" He smiled sitting back on his swings.

"But I thought you came to my school in forth?" I questioned.

"I was up until seconds grade when my parents died then I had to more to my sisters house in Maine but in forth grade I came back to live with my Aunt and Uncle" He frowned.

It all made sense and when he came back in fourth grade he was completely different everyone called him "goth boy" That's why I didn't recognize him! I feel so bad.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"Because you didn't remember me I changed a lot so I didn't bother you looked so happy I didn't want to ruin it by talking to you no one wanted to talk to "Goth boy" So I stayed away I hoped one day you would remember me" He smiled a small smile.

"I wish you told me earlier like the day you came back maybe I would have been dating you then stupid Jordan!" I narrowed my eyes at the sound of his name.

"That's another thing all threw the rest of elementary and middle school I had to watch you go threw boyfriend and boyfriend I always thought I would be better than all of them. And when you starting dating Jordan I thought I lost my chance but I knew he hurt you all the bruises they screamed they were from Jordan but I was to afraid to talk to you to afraid you wouldn't remember me. But that day you talked to me all I wanted to do was smile and when you said you remembered me from fourth grade I was so happy but then it dawned on me you don't remember me from kindergarten threw second grade. I tried to get you to remember chasing you around here calling you Scarie like I always used to but then I remembered I kissed you in first grade and I knew it would help you remember and it worked" Jayden smiled the biggest smile I ever saw before.

I felt the tears roll from my eyes. "Oh I'm sorry I didn't want to make you cry!" Jayden yelled.

"No it's fine there happy tears" I sniffled. Jayden got up and pulled me into a hug. I dug my head into his shoulder. "Jayden do you want your chance now?" I asked I heard Jayden's heart start beating faster it made me smile.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Do you know how long I have wanted to heat those words?" He smiled lifting me up and spinning me around.

"Is that a yes?" I laughed when he put me down still hugging me.

"Its a big yes I wanted to hear those words since forever!" Jayden laughed. I laughed with him. Jayden smiled at me kissing me lightly. "You just made me the happiest person in the world"

"And I'm the second most happy person since you're the first" I laughed. "You know ever since I talked to you that day I fell for you" I smiled.

"I started falling for you since that day in first grade I kissed you" He laughed.

"Really!" I yelled.

"Yeah you were the prettiest girl in my eyes you were perfect your smile, your personality everything" Jayden said.

For the rest of the day we talked and talked about when we were little how careless we were no drama, no heartache we were just kids. When it was time for both of us to go home we were sad we didn't want to say goodbye. But we had to I'm to afraid to introduce him to my family and he's afraid to introduce me to his family. I'm sure we will eventually.