Yuechan {Ambw)

By LBKeen

Cam Freeman wanted to party when she went to study abroad. Instead she was swept up by some elders for four... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

Chapter Five

120 20 5
By LBKeen

A/N: Her outfit. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Five

Yuechan

Yuechan waited for Lu Yuxuan to say something, anything but he didn't. Instead, he silently stared down at her with a stony expression that was hard to read.

"Is there something wrong?"

Lashes lowering, he cleared his throat, "No. I wasn't expecting my bride to be as...pretty as you are."

Taken aback by his compliment she softly laughed.

Flustered he looked away from her. "Are you leaving now that I've done as yu wished?"

"Yes, since you've agreed to the marriage and removed my veil. I will now return to the Lu residence and await the emperor's ruling." She gave a short curtsy, and turned to leave.

Lu Yuxuan watched her go his expression complicated. This new bride wasn't simple but in comparison to the women he'd dealt with and the foxes of court she couldn't be nearly as calculating.

In reaction to his thoughts, he tightened his fist, and feeling something soft he remembered he still had her silken veil. Not thinking, he drew it up to his nose and inhaled. A soft, sweet scent invaded his nose and the tension that been running through him melted away and he drew it back glancing around he quickly stuffed into his shirt. If she didn't ask for it's return he would continue to hold on to it.

Lu Yuxuan ignored the way his heart pounded at the thought of seeing his wife once more.

~~

Yuechan collected her father-in-law at the exit of the dungeon and together they left.

"He agreed," Lu Yize repeated appearing surprised by his son giving in.

She nodded, as the reached the bottom of the stairs. "It would seem that he much rather challenges himself then falling into despair. A good trait for a man to have."

Lu Yize acknowledged this with a low hum. "You are right. Ever since it was leaked to us what the crown prince had asked the emperor. We scrambled to gather the necessary things for him, when the Wu girl broke their engagement, at the time I worried; but now I see it was a good thing. She would not be able to endure being so long away from the capital, and she could also have been a detriment to him rather than a partner."

He turned to face Yuechan fully, his expression showing fondness and relief. "Tomorrow, the decree will be brought to the main house and they will demand those of his immediate family to leave with him. A wife, and anyone who serves him." He gathered her hands together in his, his expression solemn. "I would have you know, that I'm grateful beyond measure for you doing this for our family and becoming my daughter."

Why was this old man trying to make her cry?

Yuechan gave him a bright smile. "You're welcome."

It wasn't humble of her to say it, but it did bring a smile to Lu Yize's face and that's all she needed.

Finish talking the two bordered the carriage and horse respectively, and headed to the main house. Where Lu Yixe reminded the servants that had accompanied her to prepare thin bags that they could wear under their clothes.

Urging those who'd agreed to travel with them to be prepared and drink as much water as possible and eat a fully meal. Even with Lu Yize sliding silver across the escorts hands and few others, didn't mean that they would have an easy journey. Especially with them having to track across the nation to the south.

Yuechan herself spent the night reading and watching some videos on YouTube on survival from people like Bear Gylls for dry environments.

She didn't realize she'd fallen asleep until her door was knocked by a young servant.

~~

The Lu family were all awake and eager to see the newly added miss who'd married Lu Yuxuan. Despite their strong opposition, Lu Yize had brought a complete stranger into the family tree instead of marrying him to one of his cousins.

Many of the formal wives from the other branches would have preferred that. Instead, they had to grin and bear the presence of who was rumored to be a commoner.

One with brown skin and rough hands, it would not surprise them if she showed no elegance in her movements.

Rather than complain they all maintained gracious expressions, and some would occasionally war with the courtesans their husbands favored. Only Lu Yize's wife had no mistress to contend with. She instead sat beside her husband, squeezing her handkerchief inside her sleeve in increments.

"Lu Yuxuan Bride, Miss Yuechan entering," The door slid aside giving view to the softly smiling Yuechan. Her hair was decorated with a simple flowery hair pin, leaving her curls to fall freely gracing her slim face. Her brown skin wasn't rubbed raw or burnt as others had gossiped about it. Instead it was smooth, and shined with a healthy glow. Fox like eyes were curved revealing bright, sparkling dark brown eyes that landed on Lu Yize and his wife, Lu Jiayi. Before they drifted to the older woman who sat in the center of the laviciously decorated room.

In comparison to the other women who were dressed in fancy robes, and were dripping their very best jewelry. She wore a simple deep green and brown robe, with a wooden carved hair pin. A set of jade bangles decorated her wrist, along with white jade ring.

Donning a calm expression. Yuechan entered the room slowly and approached the elder woman. Kneeling, she lightly brushed the handkerchief on her palm to take the tea from her servant and offered it to the elder woman. "Yuechan, offer this tea to Grandmother. Hoping that grandmother will forgive her for not being able to bring her husband with her to greet this morning."

"Your husband absence is not your fault child." Madame Yi said as she reached down and took the tea. Taking a symbolic sip she set the cup aside and took Yuechan wrists in her soft hands. "We should thank you for being willing to come into our family."

A low snort was immediately cut off.

Yuechan didn't bother to see who'd made such a noise. Instead, she rose, and gave a curtsy before moving to Lu Yixian parents and doing the same. Again, they fawned over her and helped her stand.

Just as they were guiding her to eat the sound of rattling armor and screams drew everyone's attention. It didn't take long for not only soldiers but an well dressed eunuch invaded the Lu residence to the inner gardens.

"Halt, How dare you invade our home," Lu Yize shouted angrily. The women quickly retreated, along with Yuechan who's wrist was held tightly by Lu Jiayi.

A guardsman wearing all black robes with a gold and jade plaque stepped forward. Along with thin men, who wore delicate white makeup his eyes narrowed as he stepped before the guard and lifted a rolled up golden embroidered scroll high.

"The emperor's edict is here."

His sharp words forced all those of the Lu family to kneel. The atmosphere became tense immediately even as the guards spread themselves out. Their sword knocked against their armor drawing Yuechan's eyes, she quickly lowered them when she noticed the black robed guardsman look her way.

"On this day, His Majesty Xionjung has declared that General Lu Yuxan shall be demoted and will be stripped of his honors. In respect to his past sacrifices, he shall be exiled to the border given the mission to slay the barbarians and bandits till his sons son's return victorious. The Lu family, Lu Yize and all other branches shall return to their ancestorial homes, and none shall hold office for three generations!"

Rising slowly, Lu Yize curled his hands into a fist as he approached the smug looking Eunuch. "Lu Yize, here's your majesties words and accepts them," he bent at the waist his hands out to take the scroll.

Handing it over, the Eunuch whipped his sleeves back and sneered. "All immediate family of Lu Yuxuan shall be taken to the city gates to meet with the criminal."

Among the shivering women and wailing servants. Yuechan gracefully stood, giving Lu Yuxuan mother a comforting squeeze; pulling away from her she was followed by the servants she'd chosen and her brother.

Showing no fear, she strode forward, and met the gaze of the arrogant eunuch. "Yuechan is here."

Seeing there was no fear on her face, nor was she crying as the women were still knelt the eunuch eyes roved over her. "This miss is awfully brave. This little one fears that the guards he brought with him have scared miss."

Yuechan eyes squinted glancing at the guards, "I am a Lu, no man in armor draws fear from me. My husband wore such armor as he road in the rain and snow. He's held guard in the hot desert," her words caused the soldiers there to shift. "As his wife, I would do him a dishonor cringing in fear at the mere sight of a sword."'

She took another step forward surprising the eunuch. "As a generals wife, I fear no weapon."

Waving her arms back she gathered her hands before her. Those who were coming with her lined up behind her, their faces empty of emotion. Their calm state threw the guards sent to gather them off, as well stirring their suspicion.

"We're ready to leave." Turning around sunk into a final bow, and once finished she rose against and bypassed the eunuch and guards. Startled by her exit, the guardsmen found them chasing after her.

While the eunuch looked after her, his eyes narrowed. When he returned to the palace he'd speak about her with the Crown prince and princess, this wife of the criminal was not simple. 

TBC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author Note: Wrote this during a tornado watch...sooo sleepy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 4.5K 88
Amber chose to become a VILLAIN Amber had worked all her life to become a surgeon and had died on her way home from her graduation ceremony. She'd do...
57.1K 2.8K 42
18+ *Mature Content * "...Alone you are powerful, but together you are unstoppable..." (There are some unexpected twists and turns and obstacles the...
34K 1.4K 28
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
317K 16.2K 89
What's a girl to do when she finds herself in a medieval-like world of magic and monsters and is forced to wed an infamous earl? Marries the hunky wa...