home (Kiss Of Life x Male Y/N)

By nagisasrevenge

Y/N, on the way over to the airport, he stumbles upon a girl who ends up going on the same flight over to Kor... More

chapter 1 - coincidence
chapter 2 - outside
chapter 3 - teacher
chapter 4 - old flame
chapter 5 - unspoken feelings
chapter 6 - nothing changes
chapter 7 - birthday girl
chapter 8 - a bit mean
chapter 9 - into the earth
chapter 10 - did you miss me?
chapter 11 - did you miss them?
chapter 12 - don't be so unsure
chapter 13 - never let me go. ever.
chapter 14 - elysium
chapter 15 - what you mean to me
chapter 16 - the least to expect
chapter 17 - a long way to go
chapter 19 - my bloody valentine (pt 1)
chapter 20 - my bloody valentine (pt 2)
chapter 21 - forget the past
chapter 22 - I won't ever let go.
chapter 23 - emberglow
chapter 24 - jack frost
chapter 25 - seasons
chapter 26 - youtopia
chapter 27 - strangers
chapter 28 - I let it in and it took everything
chapter 29 - the unforgiven
chapter 30 - bridge over troubled water
chapter 31 - tier 15
(smut chapter 18+) - i want u

chapter 18 - better days ahead

458 19 10
By nagisasrevenge

My eyes opened to Suze's face in front of me, softly still. Her eyes still closed but she was majestic to look at like it was a sculpture made of marble.

Softly smiling, and with my strength. I lifted my arm and my hands guided itself to her face.

It was soft to the touch. Her skin cushioned my touch and all I could do was be mesmerised by her.

The way I was here right now, only taking in this moment with her.

I used to think I wasn't able to deserve certain things in life.

Like falling in the depths of what it felt like being loved, and to love them back.

Or to enjoy the in-between of days where everything feels so still sometimes, where you feel like you're on cloud nine only to fall in the graces of the best parts that was the ground.

Only to be picked up by the ones who pull you in for a hug and tell you everything will be alright.

I still think I'm selfish enough because I don't deserve it at all. But, to where I am now.

Breaking out of your cocoon is raw, but I'm coming out like a fish out of water when I can live life as it is now.

Y/N - you're so beautiful you know that?

Telling her that in a voice that you could barely hear, insecure of letting my voice out there. But deep down, I wish she heard it.

Taking my hand off of her face, I leaned in to kiss her forehead.

I could only wish for more to do.

Doing that, I sat up slowly. Letting my eyes guide towards the door.

Stretching my back, letting it crack and reverberate throughout the room. I got up and walked out the bedroom door.

Following the same routine, I always have done. Taking a shower, looking at myself in the mirror to shave and keep the same facial hair that Nat told me to keep.

Changing into my common wear of the same clothes that stay the same in my closet, I walked out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen.

For the next hour, I ended up cooking a lot, just enough for the three of us and had my breakfast on the couch.

Amy left the country a while ago.

Had to go back to settle a case, but I had come to terms with the revelation of Jinsol, my younger sister.

Kind of weird to think about since it was out of nowhere but I'm glad that I have her too. At least I have family I could see in the country except for my uncles or aunties. I'm just not close with them but I want to get close to Jinsol, just to make up for time.

Looking through the pages of my book that I had newly started. My head turns towards my bedroom door, in thought of Suze.

She's had a long week, working all week and today was one of the next few days of her vacation.

Setting my book down on the coffee table. I got up from the couch, walking over to the bedroom door.

Putting my hand against it, I gently open it, letting the door creak a bit but I don't want to wake her up.

Letting myself inside, making sure the floorboards don't make a sound. I looked at her sleeping body, noticing the blanket was off of her.

Tip toeing to her, I grab the blanket and put it on her softly.

She groans a bit, moving her body a bit to the side facing me. Her eyes were still closed but she grabbed the pillow where my head usually goes and hugged it

Y/N - awww.

Seeing it put a smile on my face and so, I walked out of the room. Closing the door so nothing would disturb her.

And by coincidence. I hear a knock on the door, turning my head towards it. I scratched my back as I walked up to it and opened the door

Bae - good morning oppa

Y/N - good morning Jinsol-ah. Didn't know you would be here this early.

Bae - hehe, can I come in? Is Suzy-unnie still asleep?

Y/N - she is but be a bit quiet alright?

Bae - heh, alright.

I let her in, letting her take off her shoes while I closed the front door.

After taking off her shoes, she surprisingly hugs me. And in that surprise of a interaction,I hug her back and we pull away after a few seconds

Y/N - how have you been?

Bae - good good, you?

Y/N - just finished up work yesterday so now I'm off for the weekend.

Bae - same for me, except I don't have anything on today

Y/N - that's great, come by the island. I made breakfast, should still be a bit warm.

Bae - oh really? Thanks oppa

Y/N - no problem.

We walk over to the kitchen where she sits on the stool by the island while I fixed up a bowl for her

Y/N - so what's the plan today?

Bae - we weren't able to go to the amusement park last time, but could we go today?

Y/N - sure of course, since it's a bit too early to go. Do you have any other options for us?

Bae - oh, I want to see where you teach at.

Y/N - sure

Bae - and uhm- I could stop by a clothing shop. I could use some new clothes.

Y/N - oh that's great, I've been aching to stop by a bookstore as well, could use some more material. And probably a stationary shop, my pen ran out.

Bae - hehehe, alright. Do you have a favourite book by any chance?

Y/N - I actually don't, thinking about it now

I turned around, giving her the bowl of food and grabbed few more plates containing the side dishes and rice

Y/N - voila. I'm starting to feel Korean, I got all of this stuff now and it's normal for me to serve them

Bae - ahhh, I forgot you just moved here like, a while ago. How was adjusting to here?

I put my elbows on the island, leaning in and putting my hands on my face while I glanced at her but mainly looked out the window where the blinds were.

Y/N - okay. It took me a while to get used to a lot of the stuff here like the currency, how the bus worked and some of the customs but now, I'm used to it.

Bae - that's great to hear oppa, I'm glad you've already adjusted.

Y/N - yeah.... But it took a while to adjust because of the girls. They were so interested in meeting me that I used to brush them off as a bit of a nuisance but now? I don't mind their antics, or their bickering around me. I got used to it. Then when Suze came in, moved in with me. I got used to her, I didn't understand the reason why she would move in with me since she had a penthouse all to herself but. I'm honoured that she picked me out of anyone to just form a relationship with. Which at first was platonic to say the least but ended up, where we are now.

Bae - you have quite the story to tell you know that?

Y/N - mmhm, and I've eased up too. If you met me when I came here, I would've been as inadequately annoying to deal with. But, it's what happens when you have people around you to change you for the better.

She nods with food in her mouth.

Y/N - you got anyone to keep you down?

Bae - like- that makes me happy?

Y/N - something like that.

Bae - I- uhm-

She puts her chopsticks down, thinking to herself while looking at the island countertop before looking up at me.

Bae - my members. And my family.

Y/N - oh, do tell.

Bae - by family I mean, before you came in and Jia-unnie. I used to rely on my dad, my mom a lot but now. I feel like it's ruined the way I see them now. My dad for sure, just isn't right anymore after hearing what he did. But Mom? She's not my real mother but she still is my mom at the end of the day. The one I grew up with, the one that took care of me, knowing that I wasn't her real child and that my brother was. I still love her for being the mom that I've known my whole life.

Y/N - I understand. I'll speak for Amy since she knows how it feels. She told me before that she felt out of place. Out of touch of who she was. She always knew that my dad wasn't her real dad from a young age. But, I was there and she loves me dearly even if it doesn't look like it. She may be the scariest woman I know other than Mom. But, she used to cling to me as a kid. She would always hold my hand and play with me outside, haul me around to places, climb trees, do kid stuff. Even in my teens, when she became an adult. She still looked out for me, protected me. Despite knowing that my dad wasn't hers. She still loved him the same, and still loved mom the same. I'm only half related to her and she still loves me to her core.

She nods, digging into her food again.

Y/N - don't feel ashamed for what your father did, my mom was no better. But they're still family. They're still the people you grew up with. You don't turn your back on family and even if you do, they'll still chase after you.

She quietly looks at me, continuing to eat until she made up her mind

Bae - I understand oppa. It may suck to get out of how I look towards Dad now, but I'm still grateful for who he is and how he was still a father to me.

Y/N - atta girl. Forgiveness is always the solution no matter how you look at it.

Bae - has anyone told you that you're well spoken?

I laugh, letting out a chuckle.

Y/N - yes, many times. I am an English teacher after all.

She smiles while I let her eat. Looking at the bedroom door, I see it open a bit until it widens, revealing Suze.

Rubbing her eyes, she walks out and stands a bit further from us to finally open her eyes

Suzy - hm?

Jinsol turns around waving at her

Bae - good morning unnie

Y/N - hey hon

She smiles, her eyes now fully wide open where she walks over to Jinsol hugging her, before walking over to me

Suzy - good morning you two. Did my husband make us breakfast?

Bae - she did unnie, I didn't know you two were married.

We both laugh as she wraps her arms around my neck, my hands on her waist. We give each other a passionate morning kiss before pulling away

Y/N - we're not Jinsol-ah. She just likes to call me her husband

She rests her head on my shoulder, the both of us looking at Jinsol who was a bit flustered

Suzy - I wish he would call me his wife, but apparently he gets a bit shy from doing it

Y/N - I- I do not!

They laugh at me, my cheeks a bit red and flustered

Suze kisses me on the cheek before pulling off from me to grab a bowl

Suzy - he's a bad liar you know, he wants to say it but he's still a bit of a edgy teen inside

Y/N - I am not!

Bae - seems like you and Suzy-unnie get along very well

I put my arm around her while she fixes herself some food

Suzy - we do Jinsol-ah. I've put up with him for months and he lovesssss me very much even when we were friends.

Y/N - it's true, she doesn't look like it but she can be annoying

She pinches my side making Jinsol laugh

Y/N - what was that for?

Suzy - nothing, just wanted to annoy you

I roll my eyes before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Finally grabbing her amount, she joins Jinsol beside her where she eats

Suzy - not gonna eat honey?

Y/N - already ate, thank you though.

Suzy - so what's the plan with you two?

Bae - oh, are you busy today unnie?

Suzy - I am fortunately, it's my day off but I wanna go out to a dealership. Been planning to sell the car I have

Bae - what's wrong with it?

Suzy - nothing. Been planning to change to a different car, maybe a Toyota or a Hyundai

Y/N - she wants to go electric but I don't really care that much about cars since I don't know a lot about them

Suzy - me neither but I wanna do good for the environment you know.

Y/N - that's fine with me, whatever suits the best all around.

We all land a smirk with some laughs carrying around the room.

Bae - I think we're gonna go around, look at clothing stores. Maybe stop by a bookshop since oppa wants to look at more books

Suzy - oh, need more already?

Y/N - you know how I am. Nowadays I'm lucky to even reach 100 pages since I'm always caught up in your arms or work

Suzy - do you not like it?

Y/N - no I do. Never said I didn't like it.

Both of them laugh again, until Jinsol gets up, carrying her bowl and the other plates.

Y/N - hey it's okay, I can carry those

Bae - Ani, I'll do it. I can do the dishes too

Suzy - Jinsol-ah, let your oppa do it. He's very stubborn sometimes

Y/N - I'm not!

Jinsol gives me them while I walk over to the sink, putting them in and cleaning them

Bae - we might go over to the amusement park

Suzy - so you guys finally going through with that?

Y/N - yeah, I feel bad since I didn't know boss would call me that week and then the whole thing with teacher training, all of that

Bae - it's okay oppa. Atleast we can do it now.

Suzy - oh, honey. Can you make me a cup of coffee?

Y/N - sure of course.

Suzy - come here first, give me what I want first

After washing all of the dishes, I dried my hands clean while walking over to Suze

Suzy - Jinsol-ah look away

Jinsol looks away while she grabbed me by the collar

Suzy - you know~ you owe me so much

Y/N - not really

The both of us are always so eager as we leaned in together, giving each other that sweet talk she always talks about

Bae - Do I really have to be here?

We pull away with Suze laughing

Suzy - mmhm

Y/N - sorry

I turned back around, going over to the kitchen where I started on making her a cup of coffee

Y/N - if you want Jinsol-ah. You can explore the house, I don't mind you going through my stuff

Suzy - just don't go in the closet, I got some stuff in there

Bae - okay....

Hearing her walk away from us, I made a nice piping hot cup of coffee for her to which I gave to her as an act of both adorance and because she told me so.

Suzy - thank you.

Y/N - no problem.

Putting my back against the countertop where the stove was, I crossed my arms with my eyes glancing at Jinsol who was looking around

Suzy - you know, she really does remind me of you

Y/N - in what way?

Suzy - that natural curiosity or calling to find out anything that intrigues her

Y/N - really? I don't see that or nor do I have it

Suzy - you'd be surprised at how you act most of the time

Y/N - what? I'm not some- some- kid Suze

Suzy - you were, when we first met

Y/N - yeah right, that was ages ago though.

Suzy - and yet, you still have that curiosity in your eyes

She smiles, knowing that look in her eyes that I knew that she was right.

Suzy - she just wants your approval. She wants to win you over, she's scared of making you feel disappointed in her.

Y/N - but why would I be? It's like she's gonna kill someone

Suzy - but she's just scared too. Just like you. Maybe for the first time in her life, she has someone in her life she can try to prove a point to that would mean a lot to her. And you know who that is? It's you.

Putting my knuckles on my lips, looking down in awe of what she said just there.

I never really thought about that.

Looking back up, Jinsol came out of my room holding a picture in her hand

Bae - oppa what's this!?

She came running to us where I put my hands down and looked at the polaroid she was holding when she came over

I smiled, knowing what it was.

Y/N - that's.... When me and your Amy-unnie were teens.

Looking at it was, nostalgic.

It was the time when I felt most protected by her.

My guardian angel, my own sister.

I looked up at Jinsol, she really was curious. It was like looking at a younger me, always looking to make Amy proud of what I did.

Y/N - I- uh. I was 14 in that, like actually 14. And uhm- she was 18. Halloween night. I wanted to be Doc Brown from Back to the Future, you know that movie?

Bae - I don't think so.

Y/N - hehe, it's okay but uhm- she ended up dressing up as Doc Brown and I ended up as Marty McFly, every kid would've been Marty but not me.

Bae - and, then what happened in the photo?

Y/N - well uh-

I let out soft laughter, reminiscing on the photo. My eyes were really focused on it as I took a sigh to take it in once more

Y/N - you can see that she has her elbow on my shoulder, all proud and stuff and I- I had such a sulky face on

She laughed, before putting her head on my shoulder which. I don't actually mind.

Huh.

I glanced at Suzy, who was watching us with a proud face before looking at the photo.

Y/N - so you see me holding a sad little peace sign and this was a really good time. I remember it really well.

Bae - it's really nice you and Amy-unnie have something like this.

Y/N - yeah... Mom took it for us actually.

Bae - she did?

Y/N - mhm. Dad was in the background trying to make me laugh but, It didn't work.

Bae - do you think we could have something like this?

Y/N - w- we- we could Jinsol-ah. I just don't own a polaroid camera.

Bae - I do actually.

Y/N - oh really?

Bae - got it as a gift from one of my members

Y/N - they must be really sweet.

Bae - they really are, I should take you over to the dorm once to meet them.

Y/N - would they mind?

Bae - hmmm, not really. Just a bit off since they don't know about you.

Y/N - oh right.

Bae - but it would be okay, since I trust them not to spill the beans.

Y/N - mmhm. How about this? I'll go grab my jacket and we head out?

She takes off her head from my shoulder before looking at me with a smile

Bae - ah! I should put back the picture then!

Y/N - it's fine, give it to me. I know where you got it from.

Bae - are you a bit mad about me going through your desk?

Y/N - not at all. I only keep those pens and that picture in there.

She gave me the polaroid, leaving both of them there while I walked over to my room.

I took one good look at it again, leaving a bittersweet smile.

Y/N - what a night.

Opening my drawer, I put the polaroid in there and closed it.

I grabbed my wallet off my desk and my jacket that was sitting on top of the chair and headed out the room and walked back towards the kitchen.

Spotting Jinsol who was already putting on her shoes, I went behind Suze, kissing her.

Y/N - I'll be back

Suzy - don't let her take you from me too long. I'll miss you

Y/N - getting soft on me are ya?

Suzy - only for you babe.

She gives me her own kiss before pulling off from each other where I walk towards Jinsol who pops her head out, waving at Suze

Bae - bye unnie!

Suzy - bye bye! Be good to your oppa! Take care!

Bae - heheh I will!

Putting on my shoes, I waved at her goodbye as well

Y/N - see ya

She blew me a kiss to which I smiled and accepted it in the air before walking through the front door.

Closing it, Jinsol immediately spoke up

Bae - you know I thought Suzy-unnie would be scary

Y/N - ha. You're lucky you met her post-moving in with me. You should've seen her back then

I put on my jacket with her being confused on what I meant while we walked down the stairs, passing by the girls house.

Bae - oh, they're home today!

Y/N - oddly enough they are. I thought they were working today.

I look back at their door, which by coincidence opens up. Making us stop in our tracks.

The door reveals Haneul, who was holding a black trash bag and clearly ecstatic to see us

Haneul - oh oppa! Bae-unnie!

She quickly disperses of the trash bag and immediately waves to Bae before wrapping her arms around me in quick succession

Y/N - omph! Good morning to you

Haneul - hehe, sorry. Good morning to the both of you. What are you and Bae-unnie doing today?

I pat her back, giving her a hug as well.

Y/N - we're just gonna go out, I thought you guys were working?

She pulls off from me, a bit hyper and ecstatic than usual.

Haneul - we're coming in later, but we're gonna be on music bank today and I'm excited

Y/N - oh. I don't know what that is, but congrats?

Bae - really?! Nice nice, I haven't been on in months so I'm glad you're going there

Haneul - it's gonna be so cool and I can't wait to meet Eunchae

Bae - say hi to her for me, since my group already went past our promotions for the comeback

Haneul - I will unnie, don't worry.

Y/N - well, sorry to break the conversation. But, we should catch the bus unfortunately. Sorry about that girls

Bae - oh yeah! Right!

Haneul - awww, that's okay.

Behind Haneul, I see Julie walk out. Greeting the both of us

Julie - oh hey you two! Good morning!

Y/N - good morning Jules

We both smile at each other, still a bit shy around each other.

She walks up to me, before clicking my tongue at Bae

Y/N - eyes

Bae - got it.

She covers her own eyes as Julie comes up behind Haneul and covers hers

Haneul - unnie!

Y/N - hey.

Julie - hey.

She leans in, the both of us all smiles.

We kiss each other good morning, before pulling off

Bae - is it weird that I can hear it?

Y/N - try your best to ignore it

Bae - alright.

She giggles to herself as I click my tongue at Bae again, making her open her eyes while Julie takes her hands off Haneul's eyes.

Haneul - what are you guys doing every time?

Y/N - grown up stuff, which is no offence Haneul-ah.

Haneul - I'm 20 now!

Y/N - still.

Haneul - Bae-unnie is barely even 22! And she still doesn't get to see?

Julie - I think maybe because it's a bit embarrassing for you guys to see? Ever think about how I get a bit shy from you watching? Especially when you've never been in a relationship?

Haneul - ye- yeah- uh-

Y/N - don't try to fight it. Anyways we gotta go, we'll catch you later?

Bae - oh yeah, we'll see you later! Bye unnie! Bye Haneul-ah!

We wave at them goodbye but Haneul suddenly rushes to me, catching me off guard

She kisses me on the cheek and runs to the front door giggling with Jules and Bae giving the biggest face of disgust I have ever seen

Julie - okayyy, I'll see you guys later?

Bae - y- yeah. Bye bye unnie!

Y/N - I'll see you later Jules

She gave me one last kiss before the both of us turned away and she joined Haneul back into the house.

Walking to the bus stop. She taps my shoulder

Bae - so why don't you own a car?

Y/N - Because I wanna work for it, and I already got my Korean driver's licence a while back but, I don't ask Suze to use her car because it's hers.

Bae - that's pretty humble of you but wouldn't it be better for you to just take her car?

Y/N - she does work most of the time you know, so no chance of me really taking it for hours at a time

She nods, understanding my point of view

Bae - do you ever think about what car you want to own?

Y/N - uh, anything works really. I do have a car that I do like, a 1997 Mitsubishi 3000gt in silver.

Bae - th- that's a lot of words oppa

Y/N - hahah, figured you say that. But yeah, that would be a car I'd own. Even though I don't know about cars

Bae - so why do you like it then?

Y/N - I never really thought about it. I think it's a car my dad really likes. I searched about it one day out of curiosity so I just liked it ever since. Kind of a stupid reason but, I guess it stuck with me.

Bae - ohhhhh okay.

Y/N - yeah, sorry about it. I'm not that good with stories and what not, I just don't have a lot going on in my life really worth talking about

Bae - it's okay oppa. It really is.

Arriving at the bus stop, the bus came as we arrived and headed inside.

Sitting in our seats, I let her take the window seat while keeping my head stuck on the front window

Y/N - so, tell me about your group again? I must've forgotten a little.

Bae - heheh, so. We're called NMIXX, which is basically a combination of 'now, new, next and the unknown' with mix being like, a combination of it which is, what it implies.

Y/N - oh right, go on.

Bae - there's six of us including me but we used to be seven, but she had to leave.

Y/N - I'm sorry to hear that

Bae - it was a while ago but it's okay.

She seemed a bit sad talking about it, but she powers through with her explanation.

Bae - so there's me. Our leader is Haewon who I'm very close with. Then Lily, she's the other vocalist in the group other than Haewon. Who are both main vocalists. And then Sullyoon, who's real name is Yoona. She dances and also sings. But to be honest we all sing but I wanted to put it out there

Y/N - mhmm.

Bae - then Jiwoo, our main rapper and then Kyujin, our main dancer. And then me, I'm basically just like Yoona-ah. I just sing and dance, but I don't have a 'main' role

Y/N - oh.

Bae - I'm okay with it since our personalities make up for it.

Y/N - oh.

She smiles proudly, she seems very happy about talking about her group.

Y/N - when did you guys start or? I don't know how it works

Bae - like being a trainee or being a group?

Y/N - group.

Bae - We debuted on.... The 22nd of February, two years ago.

Y/N - oh wow, so it's been two years already! wow

Bae - hehe, yeah.

Y/N - so when did you become a trainee?

Bae - I guess, around? How long has it been? Hmmmmmm..... About 6 years ago?

Y/N - oh wow, that's a long time

Bae - it really has been a long time. I'm happy though, I was able to debut.

Y/N - was it scary? Being a trainee?

Bae - I- hm- nobody asked me that at all, now that I think about it.

Y/N - oh it's okay if you don't want to talk about it-

Bae - Ani, It's alright. I'm just thinking.

I glance at her, very indulged in her thoughts before looking at me

Bae - it was- hard. I guess, being a kid in a dorm full of other kids or older trainees who have been working their butt off for years really makes you wonder if you'd ever debut.

Y/N - how did you get past it? All of the pressure or fear of not debuting or being good enough?

Bae - I'm not sure. I cried, a lot. I was always stressed, but I think. It was the goal of achieving the dream of being an idol kept me going.

Y/N - I'm sorry that you had to go through, all of that.

Bae - I wonder sometimes if it was truly worth it but, I look at my members and then everything that led up to this. Then I remember why I really pushed through till the end.

A soft smile formed on my face, my arm wrapped around her shoulder. Pulling her in for a side hug.

Y/N - I'm proud of you. You heard it from everybody but me. But I really am, it's really cool that I got a sister like you huh?

She lights up brighter than the sun around us with her happy expression. Her cheeks glew and puffed up with nothing more of pure joy in her eyes as well.

Bae - thank you. That means a lot from you oppa.

She hugs me back, with I feeling more, worthwhile of who I become.

Y/N - I may not be as excited as Amy or you. But I am always willing to support my family in every way. I may not know much about the industry you're in or the girls but I want to know more.

Pulling off from her, she had that shine in her eyes.

Bae - hehehe, maybe one of these days I should come back with some of our albums. I wanna give some to you.

Y/N - I'd be honoured to.

Bae - and remember oppa, you are exciting. You know a lot about other things and you have dreams, it doesn't mean you're worth less than you think.

And like that again and again, I get hit with the reality of my foreboding sense of mind, that always seemed to go against me.

Y/N - r- really?

Bae - mmhm, if you mean it oppa, then I mean it too.

With a soft smirk, it formed into a big smile.

Y/N - I mean it then. Thank you Jinsol-ah.

She then wraps me in a hug by my neck. Basking in what talks we have with each other out of natural curiosity and interest.

—------

Getting off the bus.

We looked around, her arm wrapped around mine.

I guess we have become siblings.

Though we do stick out like a sore thumb because I'm pretty sure siblings here in Korea don't lock arms with each other in public.

But eh, if she's comfortable with it and being close with me, then I don't mind it.

She points out a shop sign, recognising it

Bae - oh that's a place I go to! We should go there!

Y/N - sure come on!

She drags me to it with me happily complying, the both of us walking to it.

Walking inside. We browse for a while, where she disconnects with me. Trying on a piece of clothing

Bae - tada! What do you think?

She tries on a baseball cap, where I stand in front of her. Putting my finger on my chin with a puzzled look, just to humour her

Y/N - hmmmm.

I put up a thumbs up with a smile

Y/N - it looks good on you!

She laughs, taking it off of her.

This.

Reminds me of my youth.

I remember when Amy would drag me around, take me around the town, making me do stuff for her but also advise her on clothing.

Seeing her smile, that same fire I see.

I really do see Amy in her,

And that's a good thing.

Maybe this was a really needed thing for me.

She suddenly sulks, looking at the price tag

Bae - Ani, nevermind.

Y/N - hm? What's wrong?

She puts it back before dragging me off

Bae - nothing.

Walking to the other part of the store, I look behind me. My eyes focused on the cap.

For a while, we browsed around.

Not really buying anything but trying on stuff to which we both hilariously either make fun of or encourage the look on either one of us.

Finally making it out of the store. I pat my jacket down, suddenly in panic

Y/N - ah crap!

Bae - huh huh?! What happened?!

Y/N - I must've dropped my wallet in there!

Bae - oh, we should go back inside!

Y/N - Ani! It's fine! I'll just run back inside really quick! I think I know where it is!

Bae - are you sure?!

I nod, reassuring her

Y/N - do you mind staying here for a sec?!

Bae - sure sure! Be quick okay?!

Disconnecting from her, I ran back inside where my back was turned to her and I had a big smirk on my face.

I never dropped my wallet at all.

Walking to where that cap was when we first came inside. I grabbed it without a thought in my head about the price and ran to the register.

Like a blur in my head, I ran back out to her with a bag in my hand and right behind me, wanting to surprise her.

Pretending to pant and to look sad, with a disappointed step towards her. She turns to me, hearing my loud footsteps.

Bae - did you find it oppa!??!

She looked really concerned, but I played it really well.

Y/N - Ani. unfortunately.

Patting me on the back to try to cheer me up, she looked sad too.

Bae - it- it's okay oppa. I guess we can go to the amusement park next time

She spots my hands behind my back, and that's when I knew I could break my cover

Bae - what's that behind your back?

And with a quick motion, I showed her the bag and with her surprised face, I just smiled.

Y/N - surprise! Sorry I lied! But this is for you-

She had this confused, dumbfounded look on her face which honestly, I gotta give it props to myself. I did act my heart out for that

Bae - w- what's this?

Y/N - look inside.

Giving the bag to her, she looks inside with the biggest proudest smile on my face.

She takes out the cap but she looks at me, still a bit confused but her eyes suddenly frowned.

Y/N - I know you wanted that, and well. I just wanted an excuse to get it for you. You don't have to worry an-

Oh shit.

I made her cry.

I could see her tears piling up on top of each other, getting a soft punch to the chest from her before suddenly hugging me

Bae - y- yah! I- I was worried about your- your wallet! T- that we wouldn't be able to- to- go out anymore!

I feel bad.

Especially for making her cry.

Y/N - o- oh. I'm sorry. I j- just wanted to surprise you.

She pulls her head away from me, looking up at me with her wet eyes streaming down her face

Bae - y- you didn't have to!

Honestly.

Can I be honest?

It was quite cute from what I was seeing.

She must've really felt sad about me talking about losing my wallet.

I thought she wouldn't cry over it.

I mean, it's just a wallet.

With a soft smile, I put my hand on top of her head. Ruffling it softly.

Y/N - Miahne. Your oppa just wanted to give you something nice, something we can look back on whenever.

She wipes her wet cheeks with her arm, before breaking off from me.

Kneeling down to her height, I ruffled her hair even more and in a sudden act.

I gently grabbed the cap from her, ripping off the price tag that was still on it and put it on the top of her head

Y/N - it does look good on you.

She looks at me, before hugging me again.

Bae - than- thank you. You- you really didn't have to.

Y/N - heheh, I know.

It took a few minutes for her to calm down, but I gave her some tissues that I keep in my jacket pocket for her to use.

And in no time, she was back to being square one.

Bae - you really didn't have to oppa. This was really expensive

She points to the cap but all I could do was just smile.

Y/N - eh, I don't really care. What matters is you have something now, to remind you of this day.

She pouts a bit, feeling bad that I got her something pricey.

Bae - but still.

Y/N - it's fine, really. Don't worry about me, or whatever's in my bank account. No need to pay me back or anything, don't feel obligated to. You're my sister. I just wanted to get something nice for you.

She nods, before wrapping me in another hug.

Bae - thank you again oppa. I'll treasure it.

Y/N - hahah, I feel honoured you would. Come on, cheer up. Let's go to the place.

Bae - but what about the bookstore? I thought you wanted to go?

Y/N - you matter more Jinsol-ah. Let's just have fun the rest of the day okay?

She just nods before pulling off from me and connecting our arms with each other

Bae - B- but I'm paying for the food!

Y/N - that's alright with me

putting my hand on her head again, I just shook her head softly with the cap on, making her laugh.

And moving on forward, we made our way towards Korea's place of a amusement park

—-----

Which, was bigger than I thought.

I looked down at our wristbands which I paid a hefty amount for.

Bae - oh my god! We're in Lotte world!

Y/N - I- I thought this-

Looking around at the bright lights and the massive amount of people around us. I sort of felt anxious.

a bit scared.

But I have to stomach it, I don't want to ruin the day for her.

She happily dragged me along to wherever she wanted to go.

She drags me in front of a castle where she walked a bit away from me, taking out her phone

Bae - I'm gonna take a picture of you!

Y/N - u- uh okay.

I awkwardly pose, since I'm not used to getting my picture taken and I think she took a gajillion pictures of me in a like minute

She laughs before running up to me and taking selfies with me.

Bae - haha, I'm gonna send these to Amy-unnie!

Going along with her, I had a question on my mind

Y/N - so, why do you wear a mask when we're out together?

Bae - oh, right. It's different from where you're from. So, since I'm an idol and a lot of idols do it. We cover our faces since idols here are like a higher, patriarchy? In terms of work? Since it's a pretty profitable job

Y/N - makes sense, do you get scared of being recognised?

Bae - not really, since I'm open to autographics stuff they have but I can't take pictures with them. Company policy.

I just nod before being dragged to our first ride.

Y/N - what is this?

Bae - rollercoaster!

Y/N - I- I- I don't- think- I'm- cut out for this.

Bae - come on! It'll be fun!

Going along with her energetic, magnetic personality. I caved in and joined her.

Reaching to the last end, I can't look back as I sat in the cart.

Y/N - Jins- Jinsol-ah

Bae - it's okay oppa, don't worry!

Y/N - I- I-

Bae - just breathe, and relax okay?

I shook my leg uncontrollably as I held onto the bar as tight as I could.

And just as I knew it, it began to move.

Y/N - Jinsol-ah! I regret this! I wanna get off!

Bae - relax oppa! It'll be over in a second!

My breath became heavy.

I was literally losing it.

Oh god oh god.

We're at the top. I could see- I'm gonna pass out.

Y/N - holY SHITTTTTTTTTT

Her screams from beside me echoed in my head alongside the other passengers behind me since we were right in front as I screamed loudly as I could

Y/N - AHHHhhh-

Huh?

I see bl- oh there's the light

Y/N - OH GOD!

—-------

Man, am I dizzy.

Shaking my head, we made it to the exit where we were able to look at our pictures

I could hear her laughing, making me glance at her

Bae - hahaha, are you okay oppa?

Y/N - b- barely.

She pats me on the back, the monitor rings out, telling us that the pictures came in and I just feel so-

I facepalmed my face, her laughs becoming louder.

Bae - you literally look dead! hahah!

My eyes were closed and I looked like a zombie.

I think I passed out and woke up in the middle of it.

Man, that sucked.

We walked out and I scratched the back of my head

Y/N - I am not- doing that again.

She happily held the printed photo in her hands, but seeing how she was. Happily smiling away, I guess I can put off my complaints for a bit.

And on and on we went.

We went on various rides.

Ones that were okay for the most part,

Ones that were too extreme for me to handle.

And we even got our picture taken at a photo booth which was better than the picture of me laid out like a sleeping baby from the rollercoaster.

Looking at the porcelain horses.

They were painted on and had bits of gold on them.

I watched as Jinsol enjoyed her time on the merry go round.

I opted out of this one since I wanted a break for myself.

Waving at her as it went round and round.

I sighed, it's been a pretty fun day.

Despite me being a bit sick and dizzy a few times, it was fun.

It really was.

I even tried my best to take pictures of her to show to Amy and to the girls.

I just hope it won't make them jealous.

Y/N - wow. That is loud! Jeez.

Standing in front, watching it go round and round, spotting Jinsol every few minutes.

A kid bumps into me out of nowhere, causing me to bump into a woman right beside me causing her bag to fall and drop some of her contents.

"Woah!"

Looking at her, I notice the bag and immediately go to her aid

Y/N - oh I'm sorry! That was my fault!

? - it's okay! It happens!

Looking at her, she had a mask on as well. But, I don't know why that was the first thing I cared about her.

She's a stranger.

Helping her with her stuff, we stand up as I hand her the last of the contents that fell out.

? - thank you.

Y/N - no problem. Sorry about that, kid bumped into me. Lost my balance.

? - It happens.

Turning around to look at the merry-go -round, ignoring her.

I wave to Jinsol before getting a tap from my shoulder, causing me to turn to my side

Y/N - hm?

It's the woman again.

? - so- sorry. You look familiar to me.

Y/N - oh, really? I d- don't think I know you, I'm sorry.

? - no, sorry it was just a thought. But- do you mind if I ask you a question?

I decided to just answer her question. She's just probably curious.

Y/N - yeah, shoot.

? - do- do you know this woman by any chance?

She takes out her phone, a picture of her and Suzy together.

My face immediately shot up a expression of curiosity

Y/N - I- uhm- yes?

Judging from her eyes since her facemask covered it, her eyebrows shot up in a surprising manner.

? - oh! A- are you by any chance, L/N Y/N?

Y/N - I..... am? Excuse me, how do you know my name? And how do you know Suzy?

She puts up her bag closer to her, giving out a soft laugh

? - oh I'm a friend of Suji's.

She takes out her hand for me to shake, but I hesitated since I wasn't really sure on whether or not to trust her.

But, I shook her hand. Giving a 50/50 thought on this.

Y/N - uh- Hello then?

I bowed to her, making her laugh.

? - oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself!

Looking at her after bowing, she bowed too.

? - I'm Lee So-Hee, I'm an actress like Suji-ah. But I go by Han So-Hee.

Y/N - oh, annyeong then. Noona? Is that right?

So-hee - that's right. Me and Suji are the same age, just a month apart.

Y/N - nice to meet you noona. I didn't know you knew Suze.

So-hee - oh she was right after all, you're the great Y/N she talked about before

Y/N - m- me? Sh- she talked about me to you?

She laughed, but I was feeling a bit. Awkward about this.

So-hee - yeah, we're friends. A bit tight-knit but we know each other well enough.

Y/N - oh, nice.

So-hee - I didn't know you would be here, or rather, running into you.

Y/N - I- I'm just with a friend.

So-hee - oh really? I'm with a friend's daughter of mine. So, you're the man she's dating? Didn't take she would go for a younger man

I awkwardly scratched the back of my head, laughing but just to make things a bit less, weirdly first time-ish.

God I am horrible at this.

Y/N - s- she told you w- we're dating?

So-hee - yeah! I was surprised she moved out of her place, just to move in with you.

Goddamn Suze, did you tell everyone or something?

Y/N - h- huh.

So-hee - I guess you're her type after all.

Y/N - am I? Ha- ha...

I could tell she was adamant on making conversation with me, but I have no clue on how to further explore it more

Y/N - uhm- you're an actress too? You on your day off?

So-hee - yeah yeah, I am. You on yours?

Y/N - yeah I am too.

So-hee - I heard from Suji that you're a teacher?

Y/N - English teacher, came from the UK to here

So-hee - ohhhh. Your Korean is really good by the way

Y/N - I- I'm half Korean actually.

So-hee - oh really? My bad hahaha.

Dear god, save me from this.

And my prayers were answered. Oh great deity or whatever is up there. Thank you.

The merry go round stops and all of the passengers run out of the ride

So-hee - oh! It's finished.

Y/N - cool.

She turns to me, holding out her phone.

So-hee - I'm a big sucker for making friends, so. If it's too much to ask?

She wants me to share contact information.

In response, I just shrugged and accepted it

Y/N - s- sure.

I took her phone, put in my information and gave it back to her.

So-hee - cool! I might ask Suji to come over one of these days. I'm really curious on you guys relationship

Y/N - h- huh yeah.

With the sudden weight on my back that was on me all of a sudden. I caught her in time, making me smile with me turning around, letting her off easily

Bae - did you see!?

Y/N - I did! Yeah!

She's happy about going on it, even though I couldn't focus for the last few minutes because of So-hee

I get a tap on the back, completely forgetting about her as she held up a girl in her arms

So-hee - it was nice meeting you

Y/N - It was nice meeting you too.

Bae catches on and realises, bowing to her

Bae - annyeong

So-hee - oh, you're that NMIXX girl! Uhm- Haewon?

Bae - ani, I'm Bae.

Bae nervously laughs, but I could see why

So-hee - I'm sorry! Haha, I'm not good with the newer idols these days. Didn't know your friend was an idol Y/N

Y/N - ha. Yeah.

I glance at Jinsol with the corner of my eye, holding onto her sleeve. But she takes wind and keeps quiet.

So-hee - anyways, I gotta get going. Look forward to meeting you and Suji one day!

Y/N - y- yeah haha, me too!

We bow to her goodbye and she does too and we go our separate ways.

Walking off, I get a tug from Jinsol

Bae - who was that oppa?

Y/N - one of Suze's friends. An actress like her

Bae - she looked familiar, she even knew you.

Y/N - yeah. It's kind of weird.

Bae - did she tell you her name?

Y/N - Lee So-hee but she goes by the stage name Han So-hee.

Bae - that was Han So-hee?

We stop, making me turn to her

Y/N - yeah?

Bae - oppa, how are you lucky?

Y/N - I am?

She nods, but I just pay no mind to her reaction

Y/N - I guess.

Bae - how does she know your name?

Y/N - Suze told her or something, they're friends.

Bae - ohhhh.

Y/N - but hey, anyways. Did you have fun?

She nods, smiling

Bae - I did oppa, thank you.

I put my hand on top of her, shaking her head making us laugh at each other.

Y/N - I'm glad you did, let's go out to eat?

Bae - let's go!

And with a happy conclusion to our day.

One thing sat on my mind,

Taking a quick glance behind my back.

Seeing her walk away in the distance.

That was kind of weird, to say the least. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261 32 6
Felix, 19, has a dream. He wants to attend a college in Korea for dance. When his parents don't support his desire, he goes anyway. On his way to the...
95.6K 3.1K 38
"Soulmates. The world basically revolves around the soulmate system." But what happens when y/n, a normal girl, is given seven boys as her soulmates...
124 9 6
Please give this book a chance, it was a story that I had given a lot of time and effort into and I hope you guys like it. context: During their fin...
122K 3.9K 21
[TAEKOOK SWITCH] ---Completed--- Taehyung and Jungkook belongs to different packs, run in different territories. Tae turned 18 half an year ago...