subside. // haylor au

By SwiftandShums

in which curiosity led to one thing and love led to another. // alternate universe // [lower case intended] ... More

subside. // haylor au
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six + thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty / end.

thirty

1.6K 90 46
By SwiftandShums

Red. Crimson red blood oozing out from his blue plaid shirt, seeping and dripping onto the floor. His skin turns pale by the second and his chocolate brown hair gets soaked in the gnarly liquid that splattered on the floor by the horrific gunshot that was directed to him.

"No!" I screamed as I rush towards him. 

His eyes slowly start to close as the tears roll down my cheeks, hot tears that sent chills through my body and gave the biggest lump in my throat.

"Don't you dare die on me," My breath hitched in my throat, choking me and my hands fled to his cheeks, trying to warm his cold skin that looked like there was nothing in him. Not a single spirit, his life was drained out of him in an instant and I can feel my whole world falling apart.

And when I thought it was going to get better, it got worse. His mouth parted and he took his last breath. I felt it. The slight gush of wind that slowly wandered out of his parted lips like a fading aroma from a dead candle.

That's when I lose it. I cry harder and bury my head into his neck. Caleb's snickers slowly seep into my senses and I felt hatred, anger, sadness and the feeling of tragic loss stood out of all the feelings inside me.

"I can't lose you," I whisper into his ear, ignoring the evilness surrounding our presence.

"I can't lose you," I whisper again, hoping that he'd wake up, but he doesn't. His limp body doesn't move an inch, the only movement was me trying to move him myself.

"I really can't, please wake up," Tears roll down my cheeks, landing on his clothing that had gnarly dry pieces of blood on them.

"Wake up, please" I nuzzle my head onto his shoulder, hoping for any signs of living.

And my eyes broke open. Tears were stained on my cheek and the lump in my throat disappears.

"Sweetheart, wake up please," Harry's voice booms in my ear.

"Harry?" I call out as my eyes started to process my vision.

"I'm here," He says and I slowly sit up, reaching out my hand to find his.

"Oh my gosh, it was so cruel, Harry," I cry into his shoulder, the headache I have seems to have taken over me.

"What's wrong?" He questions, rubbing my back slowly. I look over to see the curtains shut, the dark still consuming the earth with a slight shade of sunshine. It must be the crack of dawn. 

"I had a dream that you were shot and-" Sobs took over my words, "and I was left alone with your blood on the floor and I begged you to wake up but you didn't," I whimper as if I actually felt the shot myself. It really hurt that much.

He let out a sigh, "It's alright, darling," He puts his hand on the back of my head, his thumb caressing it and pulling me closer by the second.

"I'm so scared of losing you," I partially whisper, turning it into a soft cry and he shushes me.

"I'm not going anywhere, darling," He plants a kiss on my forehead.

I shake my head in disbelief of the dream and for minutes, we stayed in the same position. And it made me feel slightly better. By the time that was settled the sun had fully risen up and December slowly slid its weather onto the Earth. Twenty five days until Christmas but my life hasn't gotten any better. It's still dangerously full of risks and happy vibes are a rare thing.

After getting ready, he takes me to breakfast, which was pretty exciting, due to the fact that I haven't had a decent meal since what feels like forever.

The rest of the boys joined in along with the four boys that came to help a few days later. I learn that their name is Luke, Ashton, Michael and Calum. Luke had blonde winged up hair with a lip piercing and he was taller than Harry which impressed me. Ashton and Calum was a little shorter, they both had dark hair however Ashtons appeared with a full brunette shade. Michael was the most different out of them all, his hair was red, his piercings made him look a little bit scary since he was barely shorter than Luke; but once he started talking, he turned out to be sweeter than I thought he'd be.

I realized that all of them are in a particular clothing that divided them out from the group of 'normal' people that I've seen in my life.

They wore formal clothing with a sense of business, of course except for Harry who chose to wear a T-shirt and his tightly fitted jeans.

Minutes later, three girls walked towards us to join our table. A fairly small brunette with a gorgeous nude lips and dark forest brown eyes sat on Liams lap and gave him a peck on the cheek. Another with hazelnut wide eyes sat next to Louis and finally someone with at least something in common with me - blonde hair and blue eyes sat close to Zayn. Her hands sliding to grasp Zayns arm and leaning her head on his shoulder.

I sat there in awe next to Harry who had his arms above my hip. What roles do the girls have here and why would they bare the burden of actually putting themselves in danger to work here?

"Hi Eleanor," Harry greets the one sitting next to Louis with a warm smile, almost like they're the best of friends.

"Harry! It's been long hasn't it?" She finishes her milkshake before happily speaking. Her head turns to me and her eyes widen.

Harry recognizes and quickly introduces me.

"This is Taylor, she's my girlfriend," He simply says with a small smile I instantly notice.

"Hi," I give them all a small wave.

"This is Perrie, Zayn's fianceé," He points to the blonde, "And last but not least, Sophia, Liam's long time fuck buddy," He decides to joke and Liam throws his leftover bread at him.

"You dick," He laughs and the table erupts with tensed laughter.

After the whole banter seemed to fade out a little, the seriousness rushes in right away.

"So are we gonna start training today?" Eleanor asks.

"Starting early won't hurt," Harry answers quickly and they all nod in response.

They all reluctantly get up and separate as always. 

"So, let me get this straight, you're gonna train me all these things that took you over twenty years to master?" I ask rhetorically and he chuckles.

"Basically, but you'll get it quick."

I follow him through the corridors of many securities all questioning my presence which made me feel quite awkward, but I was curious about all the stations and sections that the building divided itself into.

"I'll try to explain this as roughly as I can," Harry starts saying, stopping in the middle of what seems to be a hallway with six different corridors.

"This is the middle of the whole agency, so you can see everything. The Detective Agency was created by my father, it's divided into six categories, the research departments over there," He points to a  big office with a sufficient amount of equipment, the stress seems to have a thick layer over the people working who has their noses in the papers and the computers, mostly scanning faces and different particles of objects that have a high possibility of being in a crime scene, "They do research on figuring out the DNA in the objects in order to find the suspect for the police, these people have the most pressure, that's why no one ever tries to mess with them, because if they get something wrong and the police arrests the wrong people, then they'd be the person to be blame, the only people I'm kind of close to are the girls, if you pass by you could drop by, it won't hurt to say hi," He smiles after finishing.

"The other department is technique, that's where Liam is, he's the most skilled in that area, basically it's just how to run through narrow paths and climbing through small holes in the sewers, those stuff you don't really need to know, it's based off pure logic, but in some settings you might need to use them."

"Zayn and Perrie works in the crafting and healing department. He can make extraordinary things with really random objects it's quite amazing. Healing is something he's skilled on, probably the most skilled in the agency, it's hard to master, but it's somewhat important. If you ever get stuck in a situation where you don't know how to heal a part of your body, this is where you learn them. You see, I only got into this department for three weeks before deciding to quit, I didn't bother."

"Strategy is Louis' master skill. You figure that out yourself. That's a pretty obvious subject. Same goes to aiming, that's where Niall is if you want a burst of Irish," He jokes and I giggle.

"What department are you in?" I ask him and he widens his eyes noticing that he forgot about himself.

"Right, yes, I forgot about myself," He partially coughs and laughs, "I work in the combat. It's training for physical fights. Simple."

"Explains the muscle, Styles," I tease him and he smirks at me.

"I recommend you choosing only three courses, since we lack time," He gets back on topic.

"I don't know, what do you think is best for me?" I ask, maybe his decision is the right thing for me.

"Hmm," He thinks, "Maybe some aiming, you with a gun would look hot," he chuckles and I push him lightly. "Healing might be best for you, just because I don't want you getting injuries."

"And what about the last course?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"About that, I think it should definitely be combat," He cheekily smiles at me, "You know why?"

"Why?"

"Because we could do something else other than training," He whispers and my heart races. The desperation for his lips were quite to the max, but I try to hide it.

"Shut up, that's just wrong," I shake my head, laughing at his ignorant thoughts.

"Sure, you don't want it," He says sarcastically. "I have combat in ten, I'll see you up in my room. Your training clothes should be in there."

And before I know it, his lips crash into mine and he pushes me against the wall, causing weird looks from people hurriedly walking past.

Sadly, that didn't last long.

He kisses my cheek one last time and backs away from me.

"Training starts in two hours," His deep voice leaves me breathless in the hallway as he walks away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 1.8K 33
Two depressed teens, Harry and Taylor, find each other on a suicide support website and make a pact to be suicide partners. Eighteen -year-old physic...
41.4K 1.7K 41
She lost him. But she found herself. And somehow That was everything. A (retold)(FICTION) version of Haylor. Completed*
50.4K 1.6K 11
❝ I let myself believe he still loves me even when he is in love deeply with someone else ❞
22.5K 1.2K 23
SEQUEL TO BABYSITTER inspired by "fangirl" by rainbow rowell - why is she staring at me? did i do something wrong? do i even know her? - should i say...