Before the kingdom (...

By RaeMSmith

Ever wonder how Marceline the vampire Queen and princess Bonnibel Bubblegum met? How long they were together... More

Recap
Just a Thought
Oh?
Unrequited Love
Et tu, Simon?
Curiousity
Not the last time
Unearthing.
Parts of a Puzzle
Just give it a second
Stillness in Woe
Whatever happens...
Ending the Prologue
Important A.N.
Wastelands
Any fun?
Passing By
Time Sure Flies When Having Fun
~Dreams Fly~
Sorry?
H. A. R.
When The Sun Becomes an Enemy
Family Issues
Since the Incident.
A. N.
The Return
Mastication
First Flying Lesson :3
Life. Stress. Sex.
Questioning.
Mister J
She expresses all her feelings through Song.
Nightmares_x_Monsters
Staying the Day?
First day since the schedule changed¡?
Ehh, Dull
Sizzlin' the Bacon Strips of Romance
Moving, Woohoo!
A Scottish Name
The Writer's Age!!

Don't Slow Your Roll

144 9 2
By RaeMSmith

Marceline had been eating red stuff -and cereal- all the next morning.

"Hey Marcy-eehhline," he corrected himself. "Enjoying that red, huh?" Chad asked.

Her mouth was full of red apples and red... Crayons. "Mmmmmm! Yess!"

"That's good to hear, but would you slow down a bit? Y'know, before you explode. "

"Just one more... one more apple? Or-or one more crayon! One of each? Please?!"

"Fine. But just one."

"Of each?"

"Go ahead."

Marcy tried to savor the red crayon, draining the red slower than with the others. She did the same with the apple. "Ahh, finally. Still not satisfied."

"Really? how many of those things have you eaten?"

"Hmm, I had three crayons, four apples, a bowl of cereal, and probably five more crayons 'n apples."

"Where are they?"

"I ate the apples to the core and threw them away with the white crayons."

"You ate nine apples?!"

"Wait, I ate nine apples?! I had lost track."

Chad rolled his eyes," oh my gosh, child. You need help." He tapped her knee.

"Don't touch me."

He lifted his hand up and scratched the back of his head, "sorry."

"S'Fine." Marcy sat up. "So, what now?"

"I-"

"Ohh wait, what's the date?"

"Can't remember. Why?"

"Just go check! I lost track of the days and I think I might miss Bonnie's b-day."

"Hold up... where's my calendar... Ah, there we go. " He set it on a dresser in Marcy's temporary room. "Today is... March nineteenth. "

Marcy gasped and raised her hand to her mouth.

"Is everything okay?"

"Her birthday ...was yesterday."

"Oh glob. Marceline, I'm so sorry." He opened his arms. "Hug?"

She nodded and opened her arms. They hugged, Marcy's head in Chad's chest. She started to tear up. He looked down at her, "you okay?" She looked up at him, and he saw the tears. He brought her back in the hug, "awwe, come here, Marceline." Chad rubbed the back of her head. "It'll be okay. Ya know what?"

She sniffed. "Hm?"

"I'm gonna get you back. I won't worry about your dumb daddy. I might just have to face him on my own. "

Marcy looked up at him. "You'd do that for me?"

"If it means getting you to your girl, then yes. "

She smiled, "thanks. I guess you aren't that bad..."

"Once you get to know me? Naww, I'm a ray of sunshine. "

"Pfft, I wouldn't say that."

"Mm-hm. Wanna hear my plan or not?"

" 'Course I do."

"Okay, so mister fancy pants is going to leave again today, he's going to Earth. Not the part you and Bonnibel were on, like another part. I'm not sure what's up with his convoluted plan. But I can get you back when he's gone. Okay?"

Marcy smiled, "okay."
Her smile went straight. "Wait, how does he get to the places that he wants to."

"What do you mean?"

"Like, okay, if someone who isn't in the Nightosphere makes the portal, it leads somewhere here, right?"

"That's the jam, cupcake."

"So if you're already here, where does it go?"

"Wherever you want it to. It's up to the person changing the spell. Somehow it kinda knows what the caster slash speaker is thinking."

She thought about that. "So, my so-called father could have just told the portal to find me? Or does it just do it based off location?"

"Nahh, it can track people too."

"What?" she asked angrily.

"You don't even have to know where they are."

"Oh my glob, all this time he could have just found me that easily? Instead of leaving me there to fend for myself, me being lucky to find people to help me?"

"Pretty much," Chad said casually.

"He never globbin' loved me. Uggh, now I just really need to get out of here before I make the huge mistake of hurting him."

"Physically or mentally?"

She balled her fists. "Physically."

"Alrighty. Well, I know he's gonna leave soon. Just give him a sec."

***

Hunson began drawing the face ten minutes later. "Caseyyy! I'm leaving sooooon!"

"Kaykayy!"

"Your name is Chad," Marcy corrected.

"I can't correct the boss. I know, tough shit for me."

"Wow, that must suck."

They heard the portal open and close again. "Yeah, now give him a sec."

They waited about ten seconds. "Okay Marcy, go ahead. I'll watch from the hallway."

"Do I need to draw another face?"

"You probably should, just in case. Like I said, I'll watch from the hall. I'm pretty sure he's gone. "

"Oh no wait, do you have the time?"

"Oh wait, yeah... the sun might be out..."

She sighed.

"No wait, I think I have an umbrella. Ooo, and take this jacket. "

"What about my legs?" She had been wearing shorts down to her knees.

"I have some really long socks."

Chad handed her everything she needed.

"Thanks. Much love, I guess," Marcy joked.

"Aye," they started walking down the hall, "save all that lovin' for your girl."

She nodded to him and smiled. They reached the end of the hall. "Okay, find the chalk, and hurry before he comes back."

"Thanks. For everything." She quickly walked over to the floor where the chalk fell off the living room table. She drew the face on the floor fast, turning back to Chad at the end of the hall.

She did her best to think of Bonnibel, which wasn't hard. Even with all her gear, Marcy hoped her girlfriend was inside.

She stood up and said: "maloso vobiscum et cum spiritum!" with confidence.

The portal opened, and Hunson appeared from the kitchen. "Marceline! The flip are you doing?!"

She turned and gasped. "Dad? I thought you were gone!"

"No, I forgot some things! Marcy, dont't jump in!" He took a few steps toward her before she raised up her palm at him.

"Stop. Dad, I need to go back."

"What, why?"

"For her."

"Oh no, for that girl I've been hearing about?"

She nodded sternly, as if she said a statement.

Hunson seemed like he gave up. Chad was watching, he couldn't believe his eyes. Hunson was giving up already, like he was suddenly weak. "Ya know what, just go to that dumb girl, since you like her so much. Come back when she breaks your heart."

"I will," Marcy promised. "Even though she won't." She awkwardly floated down into the portal, holding her umbrella.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3.5K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024
186K 4.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.5M 49.2K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
952K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...