The Transfer | Gally TMR

Da agpfics

You know the story of the Maze Runner. Where you wake up in a box, with no memories, surrounded by fellow Gla... Altro

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Sequel Sneak Peek

Chapter Thirty

1K 37 20
Da agpfics

A/N: Ok guys, this is the final chapter! But I'll also be posting a sneak peek of the sequel after this final chapter, so stay tuned for that! I'm super excited for the sequel so please read it once I start publishing! Yay! ok, I'll let you read now. :)

P.S. Thank you to @Hidden-Feeling for Gally and Lilli's ship name! The ship name is ...*drum rollllllll* Gilli! <3 Thank you again!

I spun around, unable to finish what I had planned to say as shouting erupted through the room, guards garbed in black, with helmets and shielding covering their face aiming guns towards each one of us. I gasped, Gally instantly stepping in front of me like a protective instinct.

"What's going on?" A couple Gladers shouted, fear stricken over their face. This didn't feel like a rescue. This felt like a second ambush. These people had danger written all over them. One of the men, who looked more filled with leadership than the others. That very well may have been, however, from the giant gun he was holding. At least this one was aimed at anything. Namely our faces. He lifted the shield that covered his face his rough, emotionless face triggered my slew of memories back when I had been captured and placed on that bus, brought to WICKED's Headquarters...all of it. It was the same man. The man from the bus. The man with the gray eyes, who had told me that I should be honored that WICKED had chosen me. I swallowed hard as he strode towards us.

"Lillian Waters and Shailene Okamoto. It's time with us." I swallowed hard, shaking my head as Minho stood protectively in front of the confusion and terrified Shai.

"They're not going anywhere." Gally barked. The man sighed, shaking his head.

"Son, I doubt you want to go there. Now we have direct orders from WICKED that these two-"

"First of all, I don't care who you have orders from! Second of all, I am not your son!" Gally barked again, his deep voice ricocheting off the walls as I bit my lip. I didn't want anyone to get hurt. I didn't want to start a fight. I didn't want to make anyone mad, or cause an outbreak. The gray eyed man laughed, shaking his head, but this laugh was different. More scarred, and aged. Like a part of him died inside when Gally said that.

"Yeah...well...maybe one day you'll see it differently. Look, I suggest you hand Ms. Waters and Ms. Okamoto over to-"

"Don't. You. Call. Me. That." Shai's voice boomed, despite her size. She stepped out from behind Minho, even though he pleaded for her to stay behind him. She crossed her arms, walking towards the man as I cleared my throat, straightening my shoulders as I stepped out from Gally's shadow as well. I couldn't live my life hiding behind others. That stopped now.

"You, have no right...to call me that. My name is Shai. Not Shailene. And not Ms. Okamoto. That was my mother, and she's dead now. No thanks to you!" Her voice was loud, the kind of voice who could summon the attention of a giant crowd, with a single word. She had the kind of voice that made you want to listen, hang on every syllable that echoed from her mouth. The kind of voice, that you could believe in.

"Ms. O-""You say that name one more God damn time and I'm gonna slap the shit out of you." She said, her voice low, but still very audible. The man laughed. His laugh, although far more aged and damaged, resembled that of Gally's.

"Ms. Okamoto I don't-" Bam. Slapped. To be fair, he had it coming. She had told him what she was going to do.

"How dare you!?" His voice boomed, but Shai didn't so much as flinch."I told you, that's not my name!" She shouted back, before spinning on her heels, standing beside me. The man scowled, obviously not about to let a girl of no more than 5 feet 2 inches, slap him and get away with it.

"Lillian, and...Shai. Come with us now. Voluntarily, or forcibly, you will be coming with us." The man's voice echoed throughout the room. Somehow, I remembered him from before. Before the bus, before all of it. From my childhood. Where did I know him from? Minho stepped forward.

"Listen here, slinthead. There is no way in hell that I'm letting you take them from us, ok? They're our friends, and if you so much as lay aa hand on them I'll kick your pony lovin' butt from here 'till next year!" Minho said, hands on his hips in his classic, attitude filled pose. The man laughed, once again, shaking his head slowly.

"You keep talkin' like that, boy, you're not gonna live to see next year." I sighed. Then Gally stepped forward, and at first, I swear the man's eyes softened slightly.

"Listen, I don't know why you want them, but we have rules around here, ok? Around here, we don't abandon our friends. And we certainly don't let intruders take them off to who knows where." Gally's voice was solid, but somehow I found it hard to imagine a scenario where everybody got out of this thing, unharmed and still together. A couple of guards tried to charge towards Gally, but the man stopped them. He was watching Gally. His gray eyes connecting with the young, brilliant green ones. I shook my head. This wasn't going to end well.

"You really don't know who I am...do you, Galileo?" Gally was taken aback at this formal way of addressing him, especially coming from the supposed stranger. Gally shook his head.

"Should I?" Cold and emotionless. That was the way he sounded. The man sighed, shaking his head slowly.

"No, I suppose not. Just high hopes is all." The man muttered, acting as though he'd just discovered that he'd lost the thing he loved most. Maybe he had. Gally looked at him in confusion, and suddenly, anger."How do you know my name?" The man didn't answer.

"Answer me!" Gally demanded. The man looked up at him, in no particular hurry to give Gally the information he wanted.

"I...I picked it out. Your mother, she wanted something more...traditional. Adam, I think it was. But I told her, our son was far from being traditional. No, a son of mine...he must be something of a star gazer. Galileo, he was a star gazer. I don't suppose you'd know that. But it's a fitting name, don't you think?" The man said softly. My mouth hung open. That's where I remember him from. He was Gally's father. He worked with WICKED as well! He used to be so kind and compassionate, he used to give Shai and I piggy back rides around the laboratories. What had happened to him? Well, he'd lost his son, for starters.

"You are not my father!" Gally shouted, his whole body shaking as he ran towards the sad, middle-aged man. And then, absolute chaos. All of the other guards fanned out, attacking anyone who fought against them. I heard gun shots as I tried to stop Gally, but it was too late. He was already tackling the man. I wanted to run towards him, yank him off of that poor, damaged soul and tell him the truth. But that wouldn't do any good, considering the circumstances. I grabbed Shai's wrist as we started running from the guards, but I soon felt a stiff hand on my shoulder, yanking me back as large arms swooped out of seemingly no where, grabbing Shai and lifting her small body from the ground as the guard started sprinting towards the door. I ran after him, noticing that outside the large double doors, was a helicopter parted only a couple hundred feet away. Where were they taking us?

"Let her go!" I yelled, grabbing onto the guard who had snatched Shai up as she screamed in protest, pounding her fists relentlessly against his back as he tossed her over his shoulder. I felt a hard kick in my stomach as I keeled over, the guard began running, but not before I could extend my leg and trip him, Shai rolling out of his grasp as he fell to the floor. She stood up quickly, helping me to my feet as we began running back, away from the large doors as we went to help our friends. I saw Thomas fist fighting with a guard, and I ran, jumping on the guards back and yanking him away from Thomas. It was just enough time for Thomas to get up and run over towards the guard that was beating the living daylights out of Newt, and I watched as he took down the guard, yanking the helmet off of his head as his fist made connection with his jaw. I cringed, turning around to see Gally full on fighting with his own father. Vincent. His name was Vincent. I heard gun shots over and over again, refusing to turn around. I couldn't turn around. I couldn't witness this kind of thing. Screaming at the top of my lungs, I collapsed to the ground, squeezing my eyes shut as my shrill screams drown out the noise of the fighting the pain, all of it. And everyone stopped. Gally stood, stopped fighting as he ran towards me, about to embrace me, but he wasn't fast enough. Again, in slow motion, I felt large arms grab me by my waist, lifting me from the ground as I was lifted from the ground, pulled away from Gally's almost-embrace. The guard threw me over my shoulder as I continued to scream. Thrashing and fighting against his strong grasp as he ran towards the large double doors. I saw Gally's face form the most terrifying, angry face he could have possibly made as he ran towards me, or rather the guard who was taking me towards thee ever nearing double doors and beyond. He had almost reached me, and I extended my arm, my fingers grazing with his as I prepared myself to be pulled from the guard's grasp- but it never happened. I opened my eyes, only to watch as the love of life stop dead in his tracks. His eyes suddenly became wide, as all noise drown from my brain. It was a silent, slow motion film starring me, the girl who was being taken farther and farther away from her love, and him. The boy who suddenly stopped. And that's when I saw it. It was my vision had become acute to small, fast flying objects, as an inconspicuous guard aimed a gun towards Gally's back, firing the smallest of demons towards that beautiful, oblivious boy. I watched as the bullet disappeared behind my vision's dimensional limit, and waited for the inevitable connection with his back as he suddenly thrust his body forward, screaming out in pain that I was unable to feel, unable to help with as I became more and more distant. And then, his eyes connected with mine. But he wasn't really looking at me as I heard another gun shot. Another spastic body motion, another ear piercing scream as I watched his eyes become glassy, like he was looking right through me. And then, he fell face forward, his body making connection with the ground as I watched in horror, my vision becoming blurred with tears as I screamed, louder than I ever had before. With more pain than I could ever felt. No. Not after all this time. Not after everything we'd been through. No. This wasn't real. It couldn't be over. This had to be a dream! A terrible, terrible dream!

"GALLY!!!" I shouted, tears streaming down my face as I squeezed my eyes shut. And then...everything within me went numb. No.

A/N: Ta-Da!!! Ok, first of all-

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!

No where in this book did I confirm or deny that Gally was dead, ok??? You have to read the sequel to find out what happens!!! Thank you all for being such supportive readers, and for reading my book at all! You all mean the world to me, and I promise that I have a lot planned for the second book, filled with a ton of PLOT TWISTS and stuff so don't expect the expected, ok? The series has just begun! ILY All so much!!!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

13.9K 266 17
Y/N was the first girl sent into the maze right before Teresa, the only catch was that she was sent up the Box along with Thomas. Neither of them had...
489K 11.2K 49
FANFIC BY RAYNA What if, Instead of Teresa, You were the first girl in the Maze? What if You were the main character? Newt becomes your everything, y...
342 43 10
"He doesn't love me back," she argued. "He's not that stupid." "Oh, I don't know about that," answered Newt. "You haven't seen how he looks at you wh...
7.9K 250 34
These are fun short scenes & Chapters that didn't make it into Defender, Defier and Destroyer. So if you haven't already read those these won't reall...