Double Trouble | Paige Buecke...

By UndercoverN_

A Nika Muhl & Paige Bueckers x two fem readers Alyssa Knight, the upcoming dual UCONN volleyball & softball c... More

Prologue
~ One ~
~ Two ~
~ Three ~
~ Four ~
~ Five ~
~ Six ~
~ Seven ~
~ Eight ~
~ Nine ~
~ Ten ~
~ Eleven ~
~ Twelve ~
~ Thirteen ~
~ Fourteen ~
~ Fifthteen ~
~ Sixteen ~
~ Seventeen ~
~ Eighteen ~
~ Nineteen ~
~ Twenty ~
~ Twenty-One ~
~ Twenty-Two ~
~ Twenty-Three~
~ Twenty-Four~
~ Twenty Five ~
~ Twenty-Six ~
~ Twenty-Seven ~
~Twenty-Nine~
~Thirty~
~Thirty-One~
~Thirty-Two~
~Thirty-Three~
~Thirty-Four~
A/N
A/N part 2

~ Twenty-Eight ~

2K 70 4
By UndercoverN_

December 1st

Maia's P.O.V

The crowd in the volleyball center was louder than I had ever heard it before, which granted, this was the first time in over 4 plus years that the team was in the national championship, Uconn being ever so lucky to be the hosting team. Our own team facing against Stanford, making the crowd a mix of red and green, and blue and white.

Alyssa had been back and cleared to go as of last week, the girl having been practicing almost non-stop everyday to try and convince her coach that she could help win the championship game alongside her teammates, and it seems like the hard work she had put in worked as she was one of the few girls dressed for the night. Much to mine and I'm sure Nika's relief, if she didn't start tonight with the stress she was putting herself through mentally and physically, I know Nika would be bothered, so would I a bit.

"HUSKY NATION!" Kk yells as the girls jog out of their team tunnel, starting up a cheer with the crowd as the girls basketball team leads it alongside a few of the other sports that came to support, but of course with me being seated right with them I heard them over the loud screams.

Paige joined in, standing up with Kk and flexing before pointing at the husky on her shirt, dapping Nika up before doing the same with Aubrey next to her. I laughed at the sight of the athletes and students all getting hype.

"AND WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE NCAA D1 WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH! TODAYS LINE UP IS NONE OTHER THAN OUR UCONN HUSKIES, UP AGAINST THE STANFORD TREES!"

The crowd gets louder as the announcers blare over the loud speaker. I watch as both teams begin to warm up after a quick huddle.

"And Ryan Sperling has switched from defensive specialist back to libero for this match, leaving Alyssa Knight as our front row outside hitter! Now Knight has had to sit out the last 6 playoff games due to her injury at the New York Exhibition tournament, but her strong playing through conference is one of the main reasons they were able to fight for this spot. Do you believe it's the right choice bringing her into today Dave?"

"Thank you Bianca, now. If I were the coach, I'm not too sure I would pit her in after almost a month of no live experience, but we are unknowing of what has gone on behind scenes, maybe Knight has proven herself to belong in this spot once again."

I once again, like many times before with their announcers zone out. My hands holding the camera around my neck, Alyssa had specifically asked me to try and capture photos of today so here I am. The basketball team all had women's volleyball tshirts on in support, while Nika had on one of Alyssa's hoodies. The dark-brunette cheering with her team as I smile, taking a picture of the scene infront of me before Paige grabs my arm, pulling me gently into the jumping cheers they were doing as I join them.

"Aye, aye shut up you guys they're starting!" Quadance surprisingly yells loud enough for us to hear her over the cheers, the girls sitting down in their seats as the volleyball team took their positions on the court.

_________

Alyssa's POV

My eyes scan the crowd as the game is about to start, trying to look for my girlfriend and friends but failing with the surprisingly but unsurprisingly packed gym. Uconn loved their sports, and with volleyball jot having been the best in the past few years, this was definitely a huge talking point and turn for the university.

"Lyz?" Ryan calls me, we had gotten closer over the season and I could co confidently say she was my best friend on the team. I glance over at the girl, the libero smiling at me. "We got this."

I smile back, my hand coming up to rest against where my necklace would lay if I hadn't given it to my girlfriend for safe keeping.

I still had minor headaches from my injury before but nothing too major that would stop me from playing or anything, a few advice and I'd be good as new. And I'm glad that I decided to take some despite not having one before the game because with the crowd being as loud as it was and the bright lights, I most definitely would have gotten one.

Ryan takes her place at the service line, throwing the ball in the air with her right hand, approaching and then smacking it into a serve. The top spin of the ball making it fall quickly ok the other side of the net before any of the other players could return it. It was Ryan's first time doing it in game but a task that our coach had always made her practice during practice, a secret weapon she liked to call it

The crowd erupted into cheers at the sight of Ryan scoring the first point, as well as the flashy new serve. I grin back at her as Ryan grabs the ball, heading back to serve again.

The game continues like that for a while, us scoring a few points with Stanford right behind and returning the same points we had scored on them. We had won the first set, they had won the next two then us the forth and we were currently in our fifth set.

In the fourth set however, Stanford's setter had crashed into their middle resulting in the setter twisting her an ankle and having to get subbed out, giving us the advantage, but I also had my eyes on Ryan for the last set. The blonde had been breathing heavily and trying to cover it up as just the tiredness from the game, but she was probably one of the best if not best in shape girls on our team, something wasn't right.

"Ryan do you need a break? I can switch with you, we can get coach to sub you out." I ask, moving to put a hand on the girl's shoulder during one of Stanfords time outs. It was fifth set, 7-5 with us down by two.

Ryan shook her head at me, grabbing a towel to wipe her face and neck before putting it on the back of a chair. "We need you in the front row right now, I'll be fine." My eyes stay on her, watching as when she turns away to try and walk away from the dispursing huddle, she stumbles, causing for me to instantly go up to her, putting a hand on her side to steady her.

"Coach!" I call out, feeling the girl weakly trying to push me off but failing, her hands clammy. Ryan starts to slump against me a bit more and I bring up a head to her forehead, the other burning up.

"We need a medical time out, right now." I tell Jess, the girl running to the scoring table as I sit Ryan down on the bench. Our coach and trainers coming over.

"What's wrong?" Kimball, our coach asks as she makes her way over, seeing me sitting Ryan down.

"She's sick, and she's running a fever. And she's having trouble standing up right now I had to help her over here." I answer, moving to grab one of the clean towels, pouring some of my ice water into it before laying it around Ryan's neck.

"I can take her spot, she can't continue to play like this Coach." I state, looking at the taller female who glances at Ryan before back at me and nodding.

"Suit up then, change jerseys and quick." She states causing me to jog off back into the locker room as she directs our athletic staff to tend to Ryan as well.

Quickly rummaging through my bag for my other jersey, I run out of the locker room, changing into the different color jersey as I head back out to the court. I glance at Ryan before glancing up to.the crowd, eyes scanning again as I finally find the girls basketball team as the cheers had gotten a bit quieter since the timeout, and once Ryan had to have been sat down. My eyes drift to Azzi first who's looking from Ryan to me and back to Ryan, worry clearly in her eyes.

Those two definitely had more going on then they told everyone.

I tear my eyes from Azzi to look at my girlfriend, Nika putting her hand on her chest as she was wearing my necklace for me. I smile and blink as I see her mouthing words, I try to focus on what she's saying from the distance.

'Are you okay?' She mouths, and the question makes me grin a bit more
She knew me better than I knew myself sometimes, she knew what situations could cause my nerves to act up. I just simply nod, giving a thumbs up as our timeout nears an in, Uconn subbing me in for Ryan and subbing in someone else to place outside for me.

The score goes up quickly from there with us tying it up, and then we get stuck in a back and forth point off. They score one, we score one, they score one, we score one. So much to the point where it's 17-16 us right now, if we can get this final point without then getting another, we're the champions.

"ALYSSA!" Jess yells, turning around from a hit that she was too late to block, the ball heading towards the ground fast but not touching the floor as I dive forward, getting the ball back up and bounding back to my feet, watching for the next play.

Our setter sets it to our outside who tips it over the net, forcing Stanfords setter to pick it up, causing a bit of chaos om the other side as the libero is then forced to try and run to set the opposite, which she does but it's not a very clean set and the ball is hit into our block, shanking towards the right.

Thankfully our own opposite passes the ball up and to our setter.

"PIPE!" I yell, trying to get our setter to set me in that backrow, which she does and as soon as I see the ball floating my way, I take an approach and swing, aiming for the back corner of the court.

Stanford libero dives, missing the ball but the play is so close to the line no one can tell if it's in or out. I hold my breath, watching the lines ref.

_________

Maia's P.O.V

The gym goes eerily silent after Alyssa's hit, everyone's eyes on the line judge and when the red points the red flag down, indicating the ball was in and the point goes to Uconn. Every single person wearing blue, gray or white, jumps out of their seat and starts yelling, including me and the girl's.

"And that very point here settles it Bianca! Our very own Huskys are the NCAA D1 volleyball champions!!"

Paige, Kk, and Nika start yelling, the rest of the girls soon joining in as the team jumped and cheered. I took pictures of them as well as the volleyball girls and grinned, watching as Alyssa who had gone to her knees in shock after the point was given in their favor, was soon tackled to the ground in a dog pile of her other ecstatic teammates.

"SHE GOT A SHIP! SHE GOT A SHIP!" Paige yells, shaking Nika who's laughing before moving over to me, picking me up in a hug which I happily returned, laughing at my girlfriends energy as she puts me down, the blonde still cheering and being hectic alongside Kk. I turn to look at Nika who is now just staring at the court with a small smile on her face, no doubt looking at Alyssa.

When she feels me looking at her she blinks and glances at me, before returning my grin.

"They did it." I comment and she laughs, hugging me as I hold out my arms.

"Our girl got herself a championship." My best friends girlfriend says proudly and I just nod in agreement. Paige suddenly appears out of seemingly thin air again, throwing an arm around Nika

"You know what this means Niks? It's our turn next. Volleyball championship and basketball title are coming home this year baby. This is our year."

"Hell yeah it is!" Nika laughs, high fiving Paige who just laughs alongside her. I grin, making the two put their arms around each others shoulders, snapping a quick picture.

"That's definitely going onto the team insta later." I comment, thinking of a captain. "Women's basketball supporting the new Uconn champs." I say outloud, pretty much to myself but Paige and Nika nods, liking the idea.

The cheering and celebrations from the crowd continue on around us, and the blue, white and gray confetti falls. Azzi ducks through the crowd and to the hallway to check on Ryan as the rest of the team makes their way down, finding Alyssa cheering with her team, championship hat on backwards and t-shirt thrown on over her jersey

I catch Nika's smile growing at the sight, the closer we get. When we're within a decent range I cup my hands around my mouth before yelling the volleyball players name. Lyz turns around, eyes searching before finding mine. Her smile brightening as she jogs over to me, picking me up and spinning before we both laugh.

"Welcome to college?!" I joke, watching the excited girls eyes roam before finding her girlfriend. Nika grinning as Alyssa pretty much sprints to her, tackling the other in a hug. Nika however being able to tank it as her laughing girlfriend wraps her legs, Nika spinning her much how Alyssa did with me

"How do you feel?!" Kk is the one to yell when Nika puts our friend down, the volleyball athlete smiling as the other freshmen has her phone out, recording. Alyssa turns herhat so it's facing forwards, holding up and open and tilting her hat down with her other hand.

"We're number one baby!"

_________

Parker.M so proud of my bestfriend 🥺 @TheRealKnight

Liked By @PaigeBueckers, @NikaMuhl, @RyanTheLion and 15,557 others

CaitlinClark22 congrats Lyz!! Kate, Gabbie, Jada and I watched you on TV <3
PaigeBueckers she's a STUDDD

Kamoreaarnold that's my girlieee

RyanTheLion RAHHHH

NikaMuhl like I said before, star <3

User5 is that her and Nika hugging in the last slide??

User7 Maia pls teach how to take pictures like you these are so good

Liked By creator 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 2.5K 27
"DON'T YOU CALL HIM BABY, WERE NOT TALKING LATELY" Delilah Sinclair and Paige Bueckers were in it for the long haul. Best friends since fourth grade...
160K 3K 34
˜"*°•.˜"*°• wanna make you fall in love as hard as my poor parent's teenage daughter •°*"˜.•°*"˜ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗴𝗲 𝗕𝘂𝗲𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗯𝗿𝗼�...
83.7K 2.2K 22
{Girls need love} ★ "𝘚𝘩𝘦 was her person" Azaleeia production 2024, 💌; romance story+paige Bueckers
69.9K 1.3K 36
Amari K. Sanders was a golden child growing up. She played four sports, them being volleyball, basketball, softball, and track. On top of her being a...