Crazy Rich Teens

By esorthemyth

Three kids could be seen running in the dense jungle, the girl seemed to be injured and was being half pulled... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
📢📢Author Rant Time 📢📢

Chapter 4

1 0 0
By esorthemyth

KT POV

_A week later._

After a week of recuperating, I felt pretty much fine. The others were quite high-spirited, exploring the Amazon and having a lovely time that I refused to be a part of. So upon the thought that I might feel bored being alone, Minji showed me the library. I spent all my time reading anything and everything I could find on the Amazon geography, while studying the physical and political maps of South America.

"You have a minute?" I looked up and saw MJ walking into the room.

"Well, you're here already aren't you?" I said putting the book in my hand down.

"I thought you went fishing along with the others? What are you doing here?"

"Minji sent me to check up on you." He said, looking around the library.

"That's not very nice Girlie, lying is not good for children." I said and shook my head.

"Says the child." He sat down. "I forgot my fishing rod."

"Is your nose growing long yet, besides I haven't been a child for a long time so I tend to forget my age. Don't let it get to you." I told him and picked up my book. "I'm at a very important plot twist, can't afford to have a conversation."

"You're reading the 'Wimpy Kid' series?" MJ asked in surprise, "I thought you worked all day and never played."

"Ha, ha, ha, ha....." I rolled my eyes at him. "How funny, you should do stand up sometime. I recommend it."

"Since you just helped me to find a future career, I give you one wish." MJ said then added, "Just one."

"Fine, Mr. Genie, I wish for a glass of wine."

"Nope. Underaged."

"You're supposed to grant wishes, that's your job. Not being a bouncer."

"Next."

"Well then, ice cream."

"Now you're talking your age."

"Please, you don't think 13 year olds have nothing but ice cream in their heads these days right?" I asked him. "A lot of them behave more like 30 year olds."

"Now I understand why you're so precocious." He said nodding and sporting an enlightened expression. "No wonder."

"Stop acting like a grandpa and speak for yourself." I returned, "By the way, I'm not precocious. I only act based on what I have experienced. So are you going to get the ice cream or not?"

"Be right back."

I nodded and watched him leave before continuing my book.

......

The dryness of my throat made to look up and take a glance at the wall clock. "Where on the earth is the refreshment genie." I asked aloud and got up to leave.

On my way to the kitchen, a voice stopped me in my tracks.
"I hope you had a safe trip, Grandfather." That's MJ's voice.

"I had a safe trip, you know I always do but I am in a terrible mood Min-Jun." That was a slightly accented voice that I'd recognize even if I died and became ashes.

"If I may, what happened Grandfather?" MJ voice came again.

"I guess I should have expected this." The Grandfather seem to sigh, "She was so strong-willed and stubborn but I still had a bit of hope that I'd break her and mold her into what I wanted. Such a perfect creation."

Hearing the voice from inside the room, I signed lightly, "What a shame." Other people villains appear at the end of their movies, a KO, maybe lose some soldiers and show's over so what the hell did mine come at the beginning of the movie? Where's the scriptwriter and why is the script so unconventional?

"It is sad but I have not the strength for her right now. I am old now and my strength is not what it used to be. I am drained physically and mentally, look at my hands Min-Jun, they are shaking. It is about time I retire and wait for time to take me away to meet Yue'er."

Whether it time for him to leave or not, I know one thing, it's time for us to jet. As I walked further and further away, the voice gradually faded. With a man as demented and paranoid as Lucifer is, only heaven knows what he is up to. Retirement, forgetting all the resources, money, contacts and everything that he spent his entire lifetime chasing. Now he just wants to leave it all behind? As if. I need more information about our parents, will our going back make them happy or bring them trouble. Are they capable of protecting us from such a powerful individual?

The folders I had such huge hope on is nothing but their names. Before setting the base on fire, I took what I thought was information and more about our parents but it turned out to be only pictures, pictures, and more pictures. I don't think we can go from one person to another with only a couple of photos asking, 'Hi, this is my mother/father, have you seen her/him?' Can we?"

Our next course of action will be finding someone who is capable of giving us factual intel. Good thing I know just the person.

.......

The chattering got louder as I walked closer. The open space was beautifully designed and made as beautiful as possible. One may even forget and think that they're in a nature preserve and not the Amazon.

After I walked into view, Minji spotted me first.

"KT!" She exclaimed, "What are you doing here? Did you come to play with us?"

"Your grandfather arrived not too long ago and wanted to see you so I took the initiative to call you over." I told her, calmly mixing truths and lies.

"Really?" She shouted excitedly, "Let's go quickly."

"I don't think....."

Keith was quickly interrupted, "My grandfather is the nicest. I'm sure he's gonna love you just as much as I do....." Minji said quickly and went on talking about her grandfather and how great of he is.

"Minji, slow down, I've met him. Your grandfather missed you a lot so he wants to meet you ASAP, said he brought lots of stuff that you like" I told the overexcited kid.

"How about you guys?" She asked.

"Don't worry about us I'm sure we'd be fine on our own." Keith said and she nodded hesitantly.

"I'm just looking around a bit while they are here to keep me company, don't worry we will come back in a jif." I said and the girl nodded before running off.

I watched her back and signed, "If only she knew how obsessed her grandfather is about me."

"Geez KT, every word of that sentence sounds wrong." Kevin said with a horrified expression on his face.

"Keith, how's it going?" I asked ignoring Kevin's nonsense.

"I found a helo about 20 kilometers eastward, which I have to admit is very well calculated, it's not impossible for the sound to reach the house from that far but we can use the river as cover to escape."

"Great. Let's go."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, what is going and why am I the only one who seems clueless about it?" Kevin asked in a confused manner.

"Let's get out of here first and I promise I will tell you every single thing on the way." I said and started running while pulling him along.

_Few hours later_

"So what you are trying to tell me is MJ is Lucifer's grandson?"

"Yes."

"Which means he's almost like villain junior?"

"Something like that."

"You are trying to say that we've been living with the villains all along."

"Minji is unaware."

"You mean she doesn't know about what her brother and grandfather is doing? Wow, she's dense."

"It's not really the matter of being dense or not if it's intentionally hidden from her. Until now you had no idea why we were running away did you?"

"Let's make one thing clear," Keith who had been silent all along finally spoke up. "MJ is not the villain, if he hadn't been intentionally giving clues and leaving loopholes we would have had no idea about Lucifer."

"Really?" Kevin asked with doubt.

"You don't think the helo that you just rode appeared magically, did you?" Keith asked back.

"Well, I thought you and KT stole it...... "

"Stealing is something KT would do not me," Keith interrupted. "MJ hid it there for us to use."

"Wow Keith, just wow! I didn't know you saw me in such a bad light. You are making look bad." I said and patted Kevin's shoulder, "You know that's not true right?"

"Whatever, the point here is...... I'm so confused about everything that's going on right now." Kevin said, looking defeated.

"Well, don't think about it anymore. We're here." I said and stopped walking.

"And where is here?" Kevin asked looking around.

"Here is....." I pushed him lightly, "There."

"Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........"

"And down goes Kevin~" I sang with a smile.

"Are you trying to give him a heart attack?" Keith asked and took a step back.

"It's so much more fun that way," I replied, still smiling. "Want a push?

" No, thank you," Keith responded quickly and jumped into the almost hidden pit.

"What a killjoy...." I rolled my eyes and jumped down after him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
4.8M 255K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...