Man of My Heart

By NiranjanaNepol

Love doesn't need romantic gestures. It can happen any ways...! Sometimes it happens due to the special featu... More

1 Social Worker
2 The collector
3 Email
4 Donnybrook Start & 5 The name
6 New PC
7 Meeting
8 Another Meeting
9 Interest
10 Collector's Shot
11 Arnav's Move
12 Khushi was caught
13 Prank
14 Direct HIT
15 Angered Dev
16 At the peak of fame
17 I know it's YOU
18 Meeting
19 Outcome
20 Actions
21 Khushi aka Rejoice
22 Confession
23 Trembling Khushi
24 Accepted Proposal
25 Another Move
26 Fast Action
27 As predicted
28 Plan to Strike
29 Done?
30 Evil Plan
31 Solution
32 Proposal
33 Fixed
35 Opinion
36 Simple Human
37 Date Fixed
38 Flexible
39 cause
40 The Wedding
41Progress
42 Who threatens whom?
43 Family
44 Implementing the plan
45 Trap
46 Smart Khushi
47 Evidence
48 Finally...

34 Condition

707 97 13
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 34 Condition

The press reporters captured a snap with everyone. Then, they requested Arnav to pose with his family. Arnav looked at Khushi smilingly.

"Come on Khushi beta..." Ratna made her stand next to Arnav.

Shashi and Garima stood beside Khushi, whereas Arvind and Ratna stood next to Arnav.

"Thank you so much, sir"

"wait..." Garima went inside and brought snacks to all. Payal and Akash helped her.

The press reporters checked the snaps.

"When will the photos be published?" NK asked.

"In the evening edition, sir," the reporter said.

Arnav smirked upon hearing that. This was what he wanted to happen. If the engagement news was published in the magazines, there wouldn't be a chance for anyone to spread indecent information about them. Dev's plan would be flopped. As of now, he won but they would not be quiet. They would try to hit him some other way. Arnav knew that.

Shashi was looking at him thoughtfully. What happened that day didn't look coincident. Seemingly it coincidentally but it was not. Something must have happened behind the screen. Arnav would have weaved a NET around him. He guessed right but he didn't know what was the NET for...!

Garima provided snacks and tea to everyone, including the press reporters. Arnav waited for the reporters to leave. After that, Arnav looked at Shashi and said,

"I would like to fix our wedding in this month..."

Shashi nodded ok.

"Wedding expenses will be ONLY mine. You don't have to give anything to Khushi. Just bring her to the wedding hall... it's enough" Said Arnav.

Shashi and Garima looked at each other perplexed.

"How could we send her to your home like that?" Garima asked.

"You don't want anything, it's your generosity. It doesn't mean we will not give her anything..." Shashi said.

Arnav was about to say something, but Shashi stopped him.

"She is our only daughter... we can't send her with free hands"

"If you want to give her something, give it to her foundation. It will be helpful to many people but my wife will not bring anything to my house from her mother's place"

"How could you say that? How will our daughter be confident if she comes to your house with nothing? Doesn't she want security? Please don't take us wrong. A girl needs it the most. You are a man. You can't understand that. Ask your mother how it feels for a girl" Garima dared.

Arnav was supposed to say something,

"Please don't bring the TRUST issue here... this is different"

Arnav looked at Ratna who was silent. Arnav thought for a while.

"OK, if you think money gives security to a girl, I can give the security to my wife"

He looked at his parents.

"Dad, make Khushi your legal hire and write your properties in her name," He said making everyone stunned.

"And, my bank details will be handled by Khushi. You know I will not have time to manage household expenses. More than that, I want her to continue her social services. She needs money to do that. So, she will have the freedom to spend money because it will remain OUR money. One more thing, I won't stop her if she wants to do a job. Just because she is the wife of a collector, she doesn't need to lose her identity... More than a Mrs. Collector, I want her to be a social worker because I know its value. Our country needs such selfless people. And, I'm a collector. I don't want to be a bad example by getting dowry from my in-laws"

"But... how could we..." Garima hesitated.

"Amma, he wants to be an example to this society. We should respect his intention. I don't want anything... let it happen as per his wish" Khushi said.

Arnav smiled.

"At the same time, I don't want your property, Sir. I agree a girl needs security but if she gets assurance from her husband, it will be the best security in her life. I trust myself. Money and property can't be the measure of my confidence" she said firmly making everyone feel proud of her.

"Now, I understand why my son liked her...she is not less than him..." Arvind said that brightened Arnav's smile.

Shashi and Garima felt honored to be Khushi's parents.

"We will be here for a few days. Is there any chance for you to fix the wedding within?" Arvind asked.

Shashi and Garima looked at each other not knowing what to say.

"there are a lot of arrangements to be done"

"Simple marriage is enough," Khushi said and all of them looked at her.

"I don't want to spend money for a one-day occasion. We can give the money to helpless" Khushi said looking at Arnav.

"I'm so much fine with the idea. I too am not fine with spending money on weddings" Arnav said.

Shashi and Garima sighed because they didn't know Khushi would have such a thought in her heart but Raizadas were not surprised. Arnav spoke to them about it many times.

"Is it fine for you?" Arnav asked Shashi.

"If youngers are so much concerned about the helpless, we should encourage you. On that day, I will provide food to all the orphanages and old age homes in our district," Shashi said looking at Garima who nodded ok, without thinking.

Arnav nodded ok smiling.

"So, we can fix the wedding sooner," Arvind asked.

"What about next week?" Ratna asked.

"We have no problem," Shashi said.

"Shall we give Shagun?" Ratna asked.

Arnav nodded, smiling at Khushi.

Arvind stood up.

"I will bring them" He went out.

Shashi and Garima looked at each other confusingly. Arvind brought a bag from the car. Removing a plate from the bag, Ratna kept a few boxes on the plate. She gave them to Khushi. She looked at Shashi perplexed who was speechless. Did they come with Shagun?

"Take it beta..." Ratna said.

Khushi took it from her. Ratna blessed her.

"We will let you know the wedding date," Ratna said.

Shashi nodded ok.

"Chotte, shall we go? Or, do you want to talk to Khushi?" he asked teasingly.

Arnav looked at him plainly.

"Ok, Shashiji, we are leaving. Come to our house tomorrow. We will fix the date"

Shashi nodded ok.

They took their leave. When they came out of GH, neighbors of the Guptas were standing outside to know why the great collector came to Gupta house with his parents. Arnav intentionally stopped and talked to Akash and NK. Ratna walked to the car with Arvind, pretending not to give heed to people. Without getting in the car, they spoke,

"I like this town very much," She said as she knew she was being listened to.

"Yes, this is not like Delhi but so calm," Arvind said.

"Didn't I say Khushi must be a nice girl?" Ratna asked.

"Yeah, but how did you understand she must be a nice girl by seeing her photo on Facebook?"

"I'm following the district site. She got an award for social work. I liked her very much and asked Arnav about her. He didn't know many details about her. Don't we know how busy he is...! After that, I got her parent's number through Aman and talked to them. They agreed"

"Finally we find a Bride to our Son..."

"Thank God, he accepted the proposal. I was so nervous until he said yes to the marriage"

"He agreed to marry her only because she is a social worker..."

"You are right... see, now also he is discussing something"

"What to do, our son is a collector after all"

"Yeah... but still Khushi is calling him SIR... I felt laughing... how would it feel if she continued calling him SIR after their wedding too?" Ratna laughed.

"WE JUST FIXED their wedding... she used to call him SIR. She will change it after their wedding"

"Hopefully..."

They saw Arnav coming.

"Let's go, Dad... I have to go to the office"

They looked at each other and sighed. They knew people heard them. Sitting in the car, they left.

Even before the news was published in the magazines, it spread in the area. It reached those who wanted to spread a piece of indecent information about them.

Shyam disconnected the call wrathfully, knowing the news. He rushed to Dev Sinha.

"Dev, sir..."

"What happened? Why are you looking tense?"

"Arnav and Khushi were engaged"

"Whaaaat?"

"He came to Gupta house with his parents and finalized the proposal today"

Dev was shocked.

"What the hell was happening? Did Arnav and Khushi got engaged? Then how our plan would work?"

Shyam stood silent. They didn't expect their plan would be flopped.

"Why are you silent?"

"What could I say? How do I know this matter would take such a turn? We thought of one and happened is one..."

"We should hurry up our action before their engagement news spread. We will make people believe that they are getting engaged only to cover up the issue..."

Shyam nodded ok half-heartedly.

"Call Sulthan...." Dev said.

On the other side, Sulthan smiled delightedly seeing Arnav and Khushi's engagement news in the newspaper. He knew Arnav would handle the issue however but he didn't know he would engage Khushi planning in an overnight. He wanted to show the news paper to Dev. At the same time, someone called him.

"What?"

"Baba is calling you..."

"Coming..." Sulthan went to Dev with the newspaper.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 13.2K 41
Story about previous life, two lovers love unconditionally. Protect each other. Evil people killed them in previous birth before they become one. So...
408K 22K 43
A love story of simple Man and Girl.
309K 12.1K 22
Love... Yes, he is in Love. He is in love with her from the day she has fallen in his arms. Yes, it is love at first sight indeed. The mighty ASR, w...
158K 4.7K 20
NEW FF !! RISHTE KI DOR .PrologueSome time Destiny plays the Biggest Role in Our Life . Sometime Everythingdoes not happen Like We want .Every Unmarr...