Imperfectly Perfect (Naruto F...

By gaara119

Meet Fuzen Kanpeki. She leads a normal life. A student in the ninja academy at Konoha. A good student. A coup... More

Imperfectly Perfect (Naruto FanFic)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chpater Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Note
Sequel

Chapter Twenty Seven

7.7K 509 995
By gaara119

"Sensei!" I called out as we sprung onto the rooftop where he stood.

"Fuzen," he greeted, clearly relieved, "Daisuke, Shun. And... Mizuko...?"

Mizuko glanced to the side, grabbing his elbow nervously, clearly feeling extremely awkward. Sensing his discomfort Sensei immediately changed the subject.

"Did you guys have any trouble?"

Daisuke hesitated, but said, "Nothing we couldn't handle."

Respect for him surged through me. We were still on a mission, and he knew better than to break down. His mental state wouldn't compromise the team's safety.

"Then let's get started," Sensei nodded.

The fights were long and hard mostly. Most of the shinobi we went up against were chunin rank or higher. It was exhausting, though we did have breaks in between the pockets of fighting.

Soon enough fewer and fewer sand shinobi jumped to fight us. Sensei took the thinning enemies as a good sign. "We've been able to push the enemies back and help the citizens who didn't make it to safe areas escape. Good work, slowpokes."

Daisuke let's out a breath and collapsed on the edge of the rooftop. "Konoha," he gasped, trying to catch his breath, "It's been destroyed."

Sensei gazed at the rubble and shambles of buildings. "Konoha has seen worse and recovered. She'll rise from her own destruction, stronger than before," he reassured. He turned to Mizuko. "Mizuko... Should you return to your team?"

Mizuko looked away. "Well, o-o-one of my teammates is dead, and the other... Well, h-he tried to, uh, kill me, so..." He stammered awkwardly.

"Don't worry about it," sensei smiled towards him, "I'm sure there's place in Konoha for you yet."

***

I stood next to Shun and Daisuke, watching the Hokage's funeral. I felt my shoulders slump and sadness weigh me down. I leaned into Daisuke for support.

"Do you think the ninja I killed is having a funeral right now?" Daisuke whispered.

I looked up at him. Looking into his eyes, I don't bother with reassurance or pity. "Maybe," I finally say, "Probably."

"I killed him."

"I know."

"Do you think I'm a monster?" He asks, voice breaking.

I turn and face him. "No, Daisuke. I think you're a hero."

Something in his eyes breaks and tears pour down his face.  "Will I ever be able to forget?"

I stay silent for a moment. "I think... If it's something you're supposed to forget, then you will."

"And if not?"

"Then maybe you're supposed to remember."

He takes a deep breath, regaining control. "I'll walk you home," he offers.

I scuff my shoe on the ground. "I don't really want to go home."

"Huh? Why?"

"I just don't think my family... Would be very... Supportive, right now..." I murmur.

"I'll always protect you Fuzen. Get it? From anyone. If you don't want to go home, come and stay in my guest room."

I nearly start crying at the simple offer. "One day I'll take you up on that," I whisper.

"But not today?" He smiles sadly.

I shake my head. "It's just--"

"Don't worry about it, Fuzen. But know that I'm always here for you. Always. For anything. Get it?"

"Yeah," I swallow, "Yeah. Thank you, Daisuke."

And then I turn and walk away.

***

"We have a mission," Sensei announced.

"Already?" Shun groaned, "How long of a mission?"

"We're to retrieve an item for our client and return with it to Konoha. Apparently it's valuable, so it's a B-rank mission. We're short on available shinobi right now, so even though your still genin we'll be taking the mission."

"Why is it B-rank?" I ask.

"Apparently the figure is fairly valuable. I heard it's made of solid gold. Because of it's value there's the chance of higher level criminals going after it. Understand?"

I nod.

"This should take less than a a day of we run the entire ways. So no, Shun, you don't have to worry about being lat for Mizuko," Sensei teases.

"H-hey!" Shun blushed furiously, "That's none of your business!"

"By the way, how's the medical ninjutsu training going?" Sensei questioned.

"Slowly," he grumbled, "O can barely heal a simple cut."

"It's extremely difficult. You're doing well to be so far already," Sensei praised.

Shun let a small proud smile slip.

"Alright then! Let's get going!" Daisuke exclaimed.

***

The journey to pick up the figurine was simple, as expected. The journey back, however...

"Run," Sensei urged us. "Faster, faster! Remember my training! Use your chakra!" We push ourselves, Sensei taking up the rear to protect us.

"Why don't we fight, Sensei? You were a former Anbu, you could hold your own!" Shun pants out.

"Not against these guys. They're at least S-ranked criminals. The figurine must have been stolen from a wealthy family and they hired those criminals to retrieve it! I am going to murder the client for not informing us. No, keep running," He orders.

How could have this gone so wrong? It was a dangerous mission, yes, being a B rank, but there shouldn't have been highly skilled ninjas attacking us!

"We aren't going to make it," Sensei says softly. My ears barely catch it.

"What do you mean, Sensei?" I ask, trepidation coursing through me.

"It means... I have to try and slow them down," Understanding dawns in everyone's eyes and we stop our running to stare at him.

"No!" I argue fiercly. "No! You can't! We need you Sensei, we need you! You can't leave us... don't leave us, Sensei," I beg, voice breaking at the end.

He crouches down to my level. "You always were too kind for your own good, Fuzen. But don't lose that kindness. It's what defines you," I wiped my tears away with the heel of my hand, nodding shakily. "And work on that genjutsu. You're a natural if I've ever seen one,"

He moves on. "Daisuke, you continue to be so passionate and proud, loud and impulsive. Keep working on that swordwork. You're getting somewhere with it," Daisuke blinks rapidly, trying to ignore the tears that spilt down his cheeks.

"Shun. You're a natural leader. Work hard. You create that ultimate ninjutsu that only you will be able to do, okay? I bet you can do it." Shun nods, deep sadness in his dark blue eyes but no tears. Those would come later.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Keep running, you amazing, fantastic, perfect little slowpokes," We turn away, break away, tear ourselves away, force ourselves to turn and start running. A portion of each of us was left somewhere on the ground beside Sensei. That white haired figure stood defiantly between us and our death.

3rd P.O.V

The white haired man, boy really, took a breath in, images flying by him, all of his team. He never thought that those slowpokes would make it this far, change him so much.

You fantastic, idiotic, beautiful, naive, amazing, life changing slowpokes. This is for you. This is so Fuzen can become confident in herself, become a strong Kunoichi, be someone people look up to. A caring, loving, kind, strong, beautiful kunoichi. So you can prove your parents wrong and show that genjutsu is a powerful skill.

This is for you, Daisuke, so you can continue to protect those close to your heart in that overloud, cheerful way of yours. So you can become the best swordmaster around. So you can finally get that kiss and date you begged Fuzen of so many times.

This is for you, Shun. Oh, Shun. This is so you can find a family, people to love and protect with your entire being. But we both know you've already done that. You care about your teammates more then anything. Be the leader I see so clearly in you.

"This is for you, my genin. This is for you. " He willed, determination filling him.

"Live on."

There was still a smile on his face when he was stabbed through and through in the stomach.

Fuzen's P.O.V

"They're after us again," Shun reported dully. "Two of them."

We all puch away the meaning behind the fact that they are after us again. "So two have been taken out," I state the obvious, but no one seems to mind. We run as fast as we can, run for our lifes, run away from our dead Sensei--

I shake my head and push on. The heavy footfalls behind us are slowly catching up. "How much longer until we reach the Leaf Village?" I ask, shivering as the sleety rainsoaks through my jacket.

"We're about five miles away from where the gatekeepers will be able to sense us. If they are even awake, that is," Daisuke somehow still manages to be sarcastic, even in a time like this. We keep running, the men now only about thirty yards away.

We wouldn't make it. We had Four miles to go, and the rouge ninja were closing in rapidly. "We need more time," Daisuke pants. "At this rate, we won't make it," I nod my aggrement.

"Me." Shun whispers.

"What?" Daisuke puffs.

"Me. I can slow them. I can buy you the time you need," Shun declares.

"Don't be ridiculous!" Daisuke snaps.

"No, Shun, we're a team. You stay with us," I order, jumping over a downed tree in our path.

"I'll always protect you, Fuzen. Best of friends, right?" Shun began to slow.

"No!" I shouted.

"You take care of her, Daisuke. Take care of Fuzen for me, right?" Shun requested, a closed eye smile gracing his face.

"Yeah," Daisuke softly promised. "Yeah, I will,"

Shun slows even more, and I try to stop, try to stay with him. Daisuke grabs my arm and tugs me away, forcing me to leave him. I fight him every step of the way, screaming and kicking. But Daisuke has always been stronger then me. After a few minutes, I hear a scream cut short and tears pooled out of my eyes.

Shun. Oh my God, Shun. Orphan Shun, quiet Shun, caring Shun, loving Shun, ambitious Shun, steady, levelheaded, responsible, aloof, determined, hard working, smart, tall, handsome, loyal, devoted, dutiful, best friend Shun.

Dead Shun.

"Keep running, keep running," Daisuke panted. "There's only one man left, three miles until we get to the village,"

I stumble through a puddle, my tears exhausting me and blinding me. My limbs were heavy, weighing me down. The only thing keeping me going was Daisuke.

The man was fourty yards away. "Keep it up, Fuzen," Daisuke encouraged.

Thirty yards. "We can do it," Such determination.

Twenty yards. "Only two mile to go," So grim.

Ten yards. "We won't make it." To young. To young to die.

And suddenly, he wasn't by my side. When I realize he isn't next to me, I stop running, about twenty yards away. I stare in shock at the fight raging between genin and rouge jonin. They lose their weapons and role in the mud, fighting, fighting. Why are we always fighting?

I run back to him, stumbling several times in the mud. My chakra is exhausted. Absolutely none left. The jonin is on top of Daisuke, and started to squeeze his neck. I stop, five yards away as a kunai is thrown at me, the other hand still strangling Daisuke.

I pull out a kunai, about to throw it at the mans throat, then I hesitate. Can I really kill? Could I really kill this man?

"Kill him! Do it!" Daisuke shouts. I have to. I prepare to throw it, but hesitate as they shift quickly and Daisukes head appears in the place I was about to throw.

"Do it! Do it! Kill him!" I aim. Now or never, now or never. "Kill--!" I throw it.

It hits it's mark, sinking into the rouge ninja's throat. The nasty gurgle that emenates from the man is nearly loud enough to cover up the loud crack that shot through the air, but not quite. Not quite.

I race forward. Denial. Denial. His limp body lying in the rain, in the mud, all alone, so alone. I shove the rouge nin away, sliding into the space next to Daisuke.

"No. No. No." Just repeating. I keep repeating. "No. No. No." I give his body the slightest disbelieving shake. It can't be. It can't be. Don't you understand? It CAN'T be.

I stare at his empty eyes, his crooked neck, his pale, limp body. "Daisuke. Goddammit, Daisuke wake up! Wake up! Don't leave me here. Don't leave me. You promised! You swore! You swore that you'd protect me from my parents!"

The tears have no end to them. My soul is empty. My heart is throbbing.

"You said... you said... you said you would save me," I sob. " Daisuke, just wake up! Just wake up for me! Godammit Daisuke, don't you know? Don't you know I love you? I love your hair, what a beautiful soft color. I love the way you always glance at me and smile. I love the way you make sure I'm included in every conversation. I love the way you never accepted my answer of, 'I'm fine,'. I love the way you kept asking me out on dates. I know I acted annoyed, but I loved how you would do something for me, then ask for a kiss in return. Don't you know I love you?"

I lean down and kiss his cold, limp, wet from rain lips then pull away, staring at his face. "I love you." He would be so proud, so happy right now, getting that kiss from me that he always sought after.

I go down to kiss him again but misjudge, slipping amd slamming my forhead against his. I don't bother to sit up, opting instead to lay next to him. Next to Daisuke's corpse.

Did he know I loved him?

__________________________

Ummm.... Sorry?

Sorry for the long wait, sorry for the sad chapter, and sorry for the ending of this chapter.

How'd the chapter feel?

Rushed?

Choppy?

Bad?

Good?

Sad?

Are you guys crying?

Right.... This is awkward...

Um... Onto some other news?

I created a snapchat account with supermassiveblckhole . It's Insomniac_Lull . Friend me and get exclusive updates on my writing, when it's coming out, etc.

Also, reason for long wait: I finished the fanfic I've been writing with supermassiveblckhole ! Go Check it out! The account is Insomniac_Lullabies and the fanfic is call The Frailty of Genius!

Alrighty. I think that's it for now. Don't murder me please XD

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392 0 15
THIS IS BEING REWRITTEN VERY HEAVILY LIKE HOLY CRAP ITS MAKING MY HANDS HURT Kaji, one of the laziest double nin in the area, strives to become...
215K 8K 26
There once lived a happy family. They seemed perfect....perfect husband.... perfect wife...perfect child...even perfect smiles. They seemed way too p...
1.1M 51.3K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
2.2K 93 16
What if everything had changed? Especially on the day of Sakura's birthday, where she wished for everything to be...perfect, different but perfect, w...