The Bridgerton and the Counte...

By Bonneybae26

Josephine ( or ' Jo' as she insists) Hyedton, has never been the one that would like to ' settle down' and '... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 39

1.3K 38 8
By Bonneybae26

The morning after Jo was practically skipping around the house, giddy on her current proposal. Well secret proposal... She couldn't exactly tell her papa that she snuck out in the middle of the night to meet a certain Bridgerton, which ended up with them getting engaged and... kissing in such a way that would not be appropriate to polite society.

Due to this, Jo had taken it upon herself to
attack her engagement ring to a necklace, and hide the ring down her cleavage.

" Why are you so happy?" Marg' looked at Jo suspiciously as they sat in the kitchen, helping cook with biscuits they had decided to make for Violet Bridgerton in congratulations for her daughter marriage a Duke.

" Can I not be happy?" Jo smiled at Marg' playfully as she licked the spoon which was covered in batter from the excess mixture of the batter for the biscuits.

" Not when your dearest friend has gone on her honeymoon and probably won't see you for a month or so..." Marg' took the spoon from Jo disapproving look as she always told Jo eating batter would make her feel sick.

" I did truly think you would be greatly saddened by Miss Daphne's farewell." Alice cocked her head to the side curiously as she leaned on the kitchen counter. Honestly Alice was sad as well, due to Daphnes leaving causing Rose to leave as well.

" Rose's leaving has upset you has it?" Jo smiled sympathetically at Alice, as she placed her hand on hers comfortingly.

" Yes it has Miss Jo, but Rose and I always knew this would happen one day once you young ladies got married," Alice smiled sadly, but her sad look quickly turned into a curious one " But you and Miss Daphne have been dearest friends way longer than Rose and I knew each other... does that not sadden you Miss?"

" Of course it does!" Jo frowned defensively " Can one not be happy and sad?" She smiled mischievously as the cook pulled the biscuit tray from the oven.

" I mean... a miracle has happened! Simon actually got married! I would not think it possible, but it happened! Is that not something to happy about?" Jo smiled brightly at the two ladies as she prepared a basket for the biscuits to go in.

" True..." Marg' nodded slowly, but was still suspicious over Jo's perky and happy attitude.

" Then that's that." Jo smiled happily, before humming a tune she and Collin danced to and one of the events as she packed the basket with pretty roses and silk fabrics. Meanwhile, Alice and Marg' looked at one another with confused faces to Jo's sudden happiness, considering this entire season had been a rollercoaster for her.

" Darling," Stephan walked into the kitchen " Are those biscuits almost finished? I'm famished and the Bridgerton's will only have breakfast waiting for us for a short period of time." He groaned as he rubbed his stomach.

" Almost papa!" Jo smiled happily in a sing song voice as she packed away the biscuits into the basket, which made Stephen frowned in confusion, as Jo was never this perky.

" What's wrong with her?" Stephen murmured to Marg' with a confused expression.

" No idea My Lord," Marg' sighed, and shook her head as she placed her hands on her hips " She's been like this all morning, and never in my twenty-one years of caring for Miss Josephine, has she been so..."

" Joyous." Alice also stared in confusion at the perky Jo, and both Marg' and Stephan nodded in agreement.

" I'm ready papa!" Jo smiled as she grabbed the basket and happily skipped out of the kitchen and towards the front door of their home, leaving Stephan to give the ladies one last confused look before following Jo.

***

" Thank you so much Jo!" Violet smiled and hugged Jo tightly when she received the basket of biscuits from Jo.

" It's nothing much Violet, just a congratulations." Jo smiled when Violet pulled away from the hug.

" Well any gift that comes from you is a gift," Violet smiled as she clasped Jo's hands in her own ( her hands no longer bruised from punching Lord Bird-Berbrook, letter he be free of those gloves). " You've raised a darling daughter Stephan." She chuckled as she looked over at Stephan digging into the breakfast, making Violet chuckle and shake her head.

Violet then let go of Jo's hands too look in the baskets for the contents, when suddenly Jo felt a familiar presence press up against her back.

" What do we have here little dove?" Collin asked as he reached over Jo and into the basket with biscuits, and as he did so his other hand brushed against her waist intentionally causing her to inhale slightly.

" They're biscuits I made for your mama as a congratulations for Daphnes marriage match." I smiled innocently as I turned to face Collin with a playful smirk on my face, as Violet swatted Collins hand away from the basket.

" Eight children and i cannot have a single thing to myself." Violet huffed as she shook her head at Collin and closed the basket before moving to a place where her children wouldn't get it.

" Let's see if they're any good then." Collin smirked playfully causing Jo to roll her eyes at him while smiling as he brought the biscuit to his mouth and took a bite.

" And?" Jo smiled as she crossed her arms as she looked up at him, trying not to jump into his arms and kiss him all over his face.

" Delicious." Collin smirked as his eyes flicked down to her lips before looking back up at her as he raised his eyebrows momentarily, hinting at the double meaning.

His eyes then looked down to her ring finger and his eyes frowned momentarily in confusion at the lack of ring, and looked back up at her as to say ' Where's the ring?'

Jo then pointed at the necklace on her neck and then down at her cleavage as the ring was hidden there at the end of the necklace. Momentarily Collins eyes darkened lustfully as a smirk formed on his lips, before snapping out of it as he chuckled as I finally got that the ring was hidden there which made Jo playfully punch his arm.

" What?!" Collin chuckled as he rubbed his arm.

" You are horrible!" Jo giggled and shook her head at him.

" You cannot blame me for thinking such a way Miss Hydeton." Collin whispered teasingly as he stepped closer to her.

" I am a lady Mr Bridgerton." Jo smiled playfully and crossed her arms.

" Couldn't tell with the way you were kissing last night." Collin chuckled deeply, making Jo's eyes widen.

" Someone will hear you!" Jo whispered as she looked around the dining room, to see if anyone had heard but the Bridgerton's and her father all continued to eat happily and loudly.

" They are all too busy to notice what we are doing, I could kiss you here up against the wall and I'm sure they wouldn't even bat an eye." Collin smirked teasingly, as I looked up and down at Jo as his fingers grazed down her arm making her body shiver.

" You are unbelievable." Jo swatted his fingers away from her arm.

" You know who you are marrying." Collin shrugged with a smug smirk as he leaned against the wall as they conversed on the outskirts of the dining room.

" May give the ring back." Jo smirked playfully up at him.

" You wouldn't dare." Collin leaned down with a low teasing voice as his hand brushed her back, which may have seemed innocent to onlookers but the simple action made her legs feel weak.

" Might dare..." Jo whispered playfully, and Collin looked darkly into her eyes.

" Wait a minute and then follow me." Collin whispered deeply into her ear, before straightening up and walking out the dining room and Jo had to catch her breath for a second.

" I'll guess you'll be next." Eloise suddenly said from behind Jo, making her jump and her heart dropped at the thought of Eloise hearing her conversation with Collin, and if she did... would she tell anyone about their engagement?

Authors note:

She's backkkkkkk

Gone from starving you guys from no chapters for six months, to two chapters a week apart!!

I think I deserve a pat on the back for that 💅🏽

Just kidding!! Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and I'll see you next week ( or earlier if I'm feeling nice 😉).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 687 94
In the town of mystic falls it's always been quaint town but what some people don't know is that for decades it has been the home of supernatural bei...
186K 7.1K 51
အချစ်ဦးတွေအချစ်ဆုံးတွေဆိုတာထပ် ကိုယ်ကမင်းကိုနောက်ဆုံးအချစ်နဲ့ချစ်တာ မင်းအပြင်အခြားတစ်ယောက်ဆိုတာ ဘယ်တော့မှရှိလာနိုင်တော့မှာမဟုတ်ဘူး။ #ဦးခိုက်ဝဋာ
71.3K 1.4K 35
What Elena Lockser wanted was to secure a job in Aiden Inc, which was her dream company and nothing else. She encountered Aiden Crooks, the CEO, also...
918K 21.1K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.