Chapter 40

" Excuse me?" Jo asked casually, but inside she was panicking that Eloise had heard hers and Collins conversation.

" Marriage I mean... Daphne's married a Duke, you're the other main attraction to this exhausting season, so I guess you'll be next to get married." Eloise clarified as she crossed her arms as she leaned against the wall.

" I guess so..." Jo chuckled awkwardly as if she wasn't already engaged, and to her brother non the less.

" Another woman to fall into the trap of the promise of a blissful marriage!" Eloise sighed dramatically.

" Marriage is not a trap if you meet the right one." Jo smiled as she placed a hand on Eloise's shoulder.

" Like how the Duke is the right one for Daphne?" Eloise scoffed and rolled her eyes, and Jo frowned in confusion " I am not blind Jo, I saw the way they were together on their wedding day... if that's the happiest day of their lives I hate to think what the rest of their marriage looks like."

" El..." Jo sighed " They were stressed that's all, I'm sure their marriage will be very happy and fulfilling!" Jo smiled reassuringly.

" As if a woman cannot be fulfilled without a man..." Eloise grumbled.

" Now I did not say that!" Jo huffed as she placed her hands on her hips " A woman is born just as whole as a man, we need not marriage to survive but for the simple act of company to make us thrive... both men and women," Jo placed a hand on Eloise's shoulder

" What good is... making ourselves smarter if we have no one to teach, braver if we have no one to protect, a poet without a muse... men and women both need one another in this life... even though they are quite smelly and brash at sometimes." Jo chuckled making Eloise chuckle as well.

" I guess you make a point." Eloise half smiled.

" The day you find someone who you can share your books and converse with you amazing knowing... don't let them go El, for the sake of not getting married." Jo smiled kindly at El making Eloise smile back at her

" Now if you'll excuse me, I have another book to steal from your library." Jo winked and walked out of the dining room, hoping she hadn't kept Collin waiting too long. Suddenly a hand gripping her wrist and pulling her into the study.

" You kept me waiting." Collin grumbled as he pressed Jo up against the study door as he kissed her neck.

" Your sister had words about marriage being a trap." Jo giggled and groaned slightly as she bit my bottom lip at his neck kissed.

" Which one? Never mind, let my guess, Eloise..." Collin groaned and rolled his eyes as he continued to kiss her neck as he gently held the side of her face " I thought all that marriage talk was finished once Daphne was whisked away by the Duke."

" Stop your complaining I'm here now." Jo chuckled, as Collin pulled back from kissing her neck to gaze at her face as his thumb caressed her cheek.

" You're here now..." He repeated as his thumb trailed away from her cheek and onto her bottom lip " Did she scare you into taking back your willing entrapment into marrying me?" He smirked playfully.

" No... although your snoring may make me consider otherwise." Jo giggled jokingly.

" I do not snore!" Collin pretended to be hurt by her words, before smiling again and leaning in to kiss her.

" Someone may come in!" Jo gasped giggling and gently placed her hands on his chest.

" And me pressing you up against the door is preventing otherwise, there problem solved." Collin smirked as he leaned down again to kiss her and this time he was successful as Jo's arms wrapped around his neck as his arms wrapped around her waist.

" Mhmm you're driving me crazy Miss Hydeton..." Collins groaned against the deep kiss as his hands gripped her hips " I have the self control of a god, right about now... you don't know how much I'm actually holding back."

" Then don't..." Jo groaned breathlessly into the hungry kiss, making Colin pull back.

" Jo..." Collin spoke deeply and breathless as he gave her a hungry look as if he were moments away from the gentleman in him being locked away into a box and buried alive.

" We are to be wed are we not?... and this may be the only moment we will be able to slip away like this without others thinking inappropriately..." Jo said breathlessly as she bit her bottom lip which was swollen slightly from their kissing and this seemed to be the thing that made Collin snap because before Jo knew it his lips were on hers in a very passionate way.

Jo groaned and gasped slightly as Collin slipped his tongue into her mouth and picked her up effortlessly. As if he was a man on a mission, he carried her over to the study table and placed her onto it as he pushed her dress up to her thighs.

" Collin!" Jo gasped, and he immediately pulled away.

" Would you like me to stop?" He asked breathlessly with the same hungry look in his eyes. Jo breathed heavily as she slowly shook her head and Collins lips were immediately back on hers.

Collin grabbed under Jo's thighs and pulled her to the edge of the desk so their bodies were pressed against each other as he kissed her neck. Jo gripped onto the edge of the desk as she let her head fall back at Collins kisses which set off all the butterflies in her stomach.

Slowly his hands began to grope up her waist and to her chest as he felt her up possessively, making her gasp and bite her bottom lip to keep quiet.

" Oh Jo..." Collin groaned against her neck as he continued to kiss her neck hungrily while gripping the back of his exposed thigh with one hand, and feeling up her chest through the fabric of her dress with the other.

" Oh Collin!" Jo gasped as her back arched at his touches and kisses.

" Oh my Christ what the fuck is going on?!" A voice said from behind them, and immediately they jumped apart and looked at the voice to see a very angry and confused Benedict.