The Ill-Omened Girl

By Trisrota1996

"Ominous" is just a word of English vocabulary which means inauspicious. But if this word applied before a pe... More

Interview
Magazine
Childhood
Letter

Recall

16 4 4
By Trisrota1996

Five months have passed since their meeting at the coffee shop. They both got busy with their respective work life but the trust and bond they made on that day is still fresh for them. It looks like they just met yesterday. On that day Tamasha felt that finally she had someone whom she could rely on and she was right about her. Anindita never tried to break her trust by revealing the confidential topic about Tamasha. In this way, they become more respectful of each other. Maybe there is still professionalism present between them but somehow a friendship is also building up with the pillar of trust. They never met personally after that day but still, they are in contact with each other. After a long gap finally they are going to meet each other again today.

Today is the day when the annual programme of NGO is going to be held. The whole area of the NGO is decorated with flowers, one side of the courtyard is occupied with various paintings and artistic sculptures to exhibit and another side is occupied with a large stage where the annual programme will be held probably. Everyone and everything is ready to start the programme. Tamasha came early to check the arrangements. She is a little bit nervous today as it's the first time her NGO's programme will be shown on a live broadcast channel. It was Anindita's idea as it will also help to attract people to show their keen interest in her NGO. Tamasha is well satisfied with the arrangements and now she is eagerly waiting for Anindita. Tamasha also invited some of her special guests; they also came in time but only one person, Anindita who is not present till now. Everyone is suggesting Tamasha to start the programme but the fact is she doesn't want to start the programme until Anindita arrives. Anindita is very punctual about time but due to some unknown reason, she is not able to present at the venue on time. Tamasha is also bothered about it as she knows Anindita, especially how punctual and professional she is about her work.

Waiting for around fifteen minutes more, Tamasha got some relief when Anindita's face showed up. As soon as Anindita got down from her car, Tamasha approached her.

"Where have you been? I was waiting for you."

"I'm sorry for joining late. Something urgent came up but did I miss something important?" Anidita said in an apologising tone.

"No... You came at the right time, the programme is about to start." Tamasha said and after that they both turned to go towards the stage but Tamasha again turned to Anindita to ask something to her before going to the stage.

"One minute, where is your assistant reporter? He is supposed to come with you, right?

"Yee..ah....yeah, He will also join us after some time. You go and start the programme with your deliberate speech."

Everyone started clapping as soon as Tamasha finished her speech. Her speech was so deliberate and thoughtful, showing her love and compassion for her NGO's people. First, she briefly explains the motive for holding such a programme. Then she explains how much hard work her people did to make this program as much as successful. After giving the long speech Tamasha unveil the cover of the masterpiece artwork of the exhibition to start the exhibition ceremony along with the programme. Everyone got busy in their respective interested field. Some people check out the painting, and some people enjoy the dancing and singing which is performed on the stage as a part of the programme. Anindita is also busy taking photographs of the whole programme and collecting information about everything which will be helpful to write an eye-catching article. Tamasha also helped Anindita to give her every detail information as much as possible.

In this busy environment an old man around his seventies, joins the exhibition ceremony along with the assistant reporter Shakya Das which is unnoticed by everyone except two people Anindita and Tamasha. Tamasha recognised Shakya but was not able to recognise the old person standing with him. As soon as they arrived Anindita approached Shakya.

"We both were about to go to your house to take uncle with us but you sent me hurriedly to attend the programme as early as possible and said that you'll take him with you. Then what took you so long to come here this much late?" Anindita scolds Shakya for coming late, in a whispering tone after making sure not to hear others.

"Don't say, we were about to come in my car but it broke down in the middle of the road. So, we have to come after taking a cab." Shakya replied also with a whispering voice.

"Ok, let's introduce each other," Anindita said to introduce the old person to Tamasha but she was again about to say something The old person cut her words and introduced himself with a smiling face.

"Hello, my child you forgot my face but I'm sure you'll recognise me by my name. I am Dhananjay Das."

As soon as Tamasha heard the name she became emotional. She never imagined that she would get a chance to meet the person again whose one letter changed her life. Without wasting time Tamasha greeted him with joy and said, "Thank you so much uncle for coming here and remembering me. I am very happy to see you here in my NGO."

"I heard a lot about you from Shakya. By the way, do you recognise the boy whose life you saved?" Mr. Dhananjay asked.

Tamasha looked at Shakya with an amazed face at how much that little boy had grown up.

"You? But how do you know that I saved your life? I mean you remember me?" Tamasha asked Shakya.

"It's all become possible because of Anindita, I used to tell her about my childhood incident and also tell her about my willingness to meet that lady who saved my life to thank her but when you shared her about your childhood stories with Anindita, she told me about you and then we made a plan to meet with you along with my father." Then Shakya explains to her all the things clearly.

Tamasha is feeling nostalgia. After becoming an executive director there is only one person whom she calls her family his uncle but after reuniting with the person whom she cherished for her whole life she is feeling overwhelmed. It feels like she finally got everything in her life after a long and tough journey. Not only did she have two friendly people behind her but also she got another guardian to place his hand above her head.

This was the journey of an Ill-omened girl who finally became the saviour of mankind.

Author Note:

This was a short story series. I hope you all enjoyed the story. If you enjoyed it then please vote for me. Your support will help me to grow and to write again with a new story plot. At last, I want to say that don't lose hope. Everyone has to face difficulties to grow but in the end, those who will surely win don't lose hope.

Have a good day. Enjoy....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 6.1K 72
โžฝJust short love stories...โค โ‡โค๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ–ค. โ‡โ™ฅ๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ’™. โ‡๐Ÿฉท. โ‡๐Ÿค. โžฝ๐Ÿ’›Going on. โžฝ๐ŸฉตComing up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
1.8K 391 34
Ka thinlung infiam pui nan a I hman hi ka duh lo Ka hmangaih ang che in min hmangaih lo pawh ani mah na mahse kei tluk a hmangaih Tu che i hmuh ka ri...
164K 266 3
#1 in Horror (Highest Rank) Halloween (October special) !!! Hailey gets a link to a book on Wattpad that reignites her love for horror. Moreover, her...