Rekindled Ishq

By luvsonii

" So, the first class monitors of first grade will be.......Kian and Ruanika!" And just like that, a beautifu... More

๐ผ๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐ด๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘๐‘ 
prologue
1~ Hi Again !
2~ Closer
3~ Ecastasy
4~ The bittersweet Truth
5~ Lovesick
6~ The Book
7~ bangles
8~ Library
9~ Turmoil
10~ Illusion
11~Clash
12~ Revelations
IMP!
13~ Moonlight
14~ The shadow
15~Drama (under editing)
16~ A melody
A/N And Playlist!
17~ Newfound feelings
18 ~ Accident
20 ~ The Unforeseen
21 ~ Kian
!
22~ But daddy I love him

19~ Memories

185 25 15
By luvsonii

Hey!

Updating after a long time, I know but hear me out things aren't easy as they sound.
So this chapter is really long,(3519 words excluding my rant at the end) the longest chap for RI.
Don't forget to read the note at end, It's really imp.

𓆩♡𓆪

I would never fall in love again until I found her
I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into"
I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her
I found you

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Ruani's pov

Standing under a tree, I kept my hand on my head trying to find shelter in the rain.

The droplets dripping from the leaves fell on my bare neck, gliding along the spine under the clothes.

Darkness surrounded me from all around, not an ounce of light to be seen. A wave of chilly breeze swept, sending shrills through my veins.

A toll of fear took over me. Unknowingly I stepped back, my spin hitting the tree trunk.

Just when I thought I'd be alone here, a bright light flashed infront of me, far far ahead from where I stood.

I snapped my head towards it, to find a shadowy figure in middle of the road. Kian?

"Ki...Kian, Kian-" I yelled running towards him. Or did I? I couldn't hear my voice, the only thing that filled the air was the dripping of the rain and the sizzling leaves.

I ran and ran, as much as I could but the distance between didn't seem to end. I didn't know whether he was faster than me or I was stuck in my place.

Voice refused to escape my throat. Blank, all blank. Slowly the only speck of hope, the light and my Kian faded into dark.

Leaving me alone, all alone....

"Nooooooooo" I shrieked, shutting my ears with my palms, panting hard.

My lungs fought for air, my throat dried up. Just a dream, that's it it was just a dream. I tell myself.

"Ruani!" Kai called. "What happened are you okay? Have some water." He hands me a bottle after opening the cap.

"Kian?" I ask him, worried and anxious. "They have taken him for MRI scan, nothing to worry." He replies, placing his hand on mine which squeeze.

I settled on the chair, leaning back and forcing my lashes shut. The time ticked and it was almost past noon.

Though Kai was with me the whole time, I grew anxious minute by minute. We didn't get a chance to see him yet.

I met the doctor who had said that he's out of danger and would be shifting him to a special ward soon, outside which me and Kai are waiting.

The back of my palm wiped the lone tear that escaped while the thoughts engulfed me.

There was no threat to his life, I had a really bad feeling about it.

My head snapped to the direction nurses pulled a stretcher. I got back on my feet and so did Kai.

My moist gaze landed on the man who lay half dead on the stretcher. I gulped looking at him.

His body wrapped in a blue hospital gown , his one hand on his side and other over his stomach . There was a cut next to his eyebrow and at his jaw.

Bandage over his right wrist, forehead and A splint over his right shoulder. "Ki.... Kian?" I couldn't help but call but got no answer.

His eyes were shut and he carried a serene expression on his face. How peacefully he slept after stirring my peace!

"Kian!" I ran towards and threw my arms around him. My one hand cupped his neck while the other caressed his face. Tears glided down my cheek uncontrollably.

"Kian, please open your eyes. Please look at me please?" I sobbed. Kai placed his hands on my shoulders, pulling me back.

"Ruani let them shift at least. He's fine now" he says, trying to console me.

I snapped back to reality when Kai nudged me. "What?"

"Nothing. Let's go." I tell him and walk in, following them.

I waited till they placed him on the bed before running to him. Kai followed the doctor outside who was giving him instructions.

The moment my eyes fell on him, tears rushed out. I couldn't hold them in, not anymore.

A sling over his right shoulder, crepe bandage wrapped on his wrist and a cut on his forehead that extended till his brows.

And that man said it was nothing serious? For god sake, this anything but he's okay.

"Kian,Kian, please open your eyes. It's me Ruani, look-" I pleaded, breaking down before him.

His face remained calm and untouched, carrying no expression at all. He slept as if he was Venkateshwara lying unbothered in Vaikunta.

My palm cupped and caressed his cheek while the other remained on his hand where the IV drip was injected.

My gaze blurred as some memories from the past flooded into my mind.

Flash backs {childhood}

{Ruani ~ 6 ; Kian ~ 7}

It was another hot summer day at school, we had pe and currently there were selections going on for sports day.

And this was not my cup of tea, I sucked at running. Doing it even after knowing would only result in making a fool of myself.

But I had no option, I had to race.

"Now, Sutlej girls, come forward for 100 metre!" The teacher yelled, grabbing my attention. I sighed and made my way towards my lane, no5.

"On your marks, get set, go!" To the blow of the whistle, we sprinted.

I ran and ran, as fast as I could and pushed to my limits yet I remained 2nd or 3rd last though it wasn't even half of the first lap.

"C'mon, you can do it!" A voice called, making me snap at the direction. It was kian, he too was running outside the line with me.

"I'll be with you c'mon." He says with a smile.

"I'm bad at it Ki, it's not like I'll win." I tell him, panting hard, out of breath. Ofcourse I can't win.

He Shakes his head, "winning doesn't matter but not giving up does. Even if you come last, don't quit." A smile plasters my smile and I nod at him.

I try to pace with him alongside me. He gave me confidence, always. I could hear our friends hooting for me. Avi,Harika,Akash and Daya.

After 5 laps, I crossed the finish line at 6th position. Definitely didn't get selected but felt better than feeling that I could have done better.

"You feel good, Rose?" He says, handing me the water bottle.

"Better than I ever did." I confess, grinning ear to ear.

X

It was just another evening where me and Kian sat together to watch the sun go down.

We were at a lake near to both our homes, the place we had together decided to meet up every evening to watch the sunset.

At a distance, a woman and man walked hand in hand. The man picked her up in his arms and twirled her around in the air while she laughed, placing a kiss on his forehead.

I nudged kian and pointed at them. "Look Ki, they look so happy."

"Yea they do, they're a happy couple." He says making me knit my brows.

"Happy couple?" I ask.

"Boyfriend-girlfriend, fiance-fiancee or wife and husband."

"Well what's the difference?"

"Boyfriend and girlfriend are when two love each other and are together, fiance and fiancee are when they're engaged to get married and wife and husband are when they're married." He explains and I nod.

Even though I wanted to be a happy couple, I could not get married without my parents and all those decorations and jewelry and clothes. And I didn't have rings to get engaged. Idea!

I snapped towards Ki, grinning ear to ear. His face changed from calm to tense.

"What mischief are you about to do now?" He asks, taking a sip of water.

I giggle and forward my hand, "Be my boyfie and turn me around like that!" I say making his eyes pop out.

He choked on his water and started coughing. Drama queen! He always has to overreact to anything I say.

I roll my eyes and forward my hand even more, "I. said. be. my. boyfie. And Twirl. Me. Like. That. What's so funny in it?"

"You're out of your mind!"

"And you're out of air, breathe properly first."

"You need to like each other to be boyfriend and girlfriend." he says with a done face.

"Well didn't you say that you have a crush on me and like me in that truth and dare game we played in the class the other day? And even I told you that I have a crush on you then only. What happened now?"

I was angry. How dare he reject me. I placed my hands on my hips and stared at him in disbelief. Idiot. Dumbo.

"That's not how it works...." He palms his face for a second and then looks up. "Grown ups, right we need to be grown ups to have a girlfriend or boyfriend, we're just kids." He says, making me slam my forehead.

A real Dumbo he is!

"Simple, then let's be grown ups! How do we become one?" I ask. We'll I suck at studies and he's a straight A student so he must be knowing.

Kian sighs, muttering something under his breath which I quite didn't hear.

"When you grow up and are not a kid anymore, you're a grown up. Like our parents, grandparents and that couple there."

How rude of them, who made these shitty rules! It's not fair at all.

I crossed my arms at my chest and sat looking down with a frown on my face. I really wanted a boyfie.

"Oh my god Ru, are you crying? Seriously yaar stop. Uh I don't know how to console someone. Uh-I... I'll be your boyfriend when we grow up. Okay?" He says, making me snap my head in his direction, my eyes lit up.

"Really?" I ask. "Promise?"

"Pinky promise!" He reassures me by intertwining my pinky with his. "yay!!!!"

X

I just returned home from school. Usually my lazy ass takes a shower then naps but today, I have no time for that.

I quickly rushed upstairs to my room after removing my shoes and socks. Once I was done freshening up and changing, I bought my big box of crafts items out.

Spreading it all out on the floor, I settled down. I took the wooden ring and began painting it white.

Once I was done, I took the lilac color thread and wrapped it properly, making sure there were no gaps in the middle.

While I was doing so, A knock on the door disturbed me. Looking up,I found my nanna, Vedansh Thalari, at the door.

A smile adorned my face as my gaze fell on him, he sighed in relief and walked towards me with a glass in his hand. Nanna was still in his office clothes so he probably just returned.

"Ruani, are you fine? I was worried for you." He caressed my hair, settling beside me. I frowned, knitting my brows. "Worry? Why?"

"Because everytime I come home from the office you're downstairs but this time you weren't. When I asked your mom, she said you didn't even say a hi to her or came downstairs for milk. So I got tense thinking you aren't well or something bad happened."

He sighed to which I slammed her forehead, shaking her head in negative. "You na papa, worry for totally nothing. See I'm fine." I spread her arms in the air. " I was just busy making this dream casher."

"Dream catcher?" Dad asked, to which I nodded excitedly.

"Remember that day while shopping I saw it in one of the shops and asked what is this? Then you told me that it's a dream catcher and it catches all the bad dreams so we won't have any" Pappa nodded chuckling.

"No, my best friend, Kian. He couldn't sleep last night because of it." He made an 'O' after hearing my words.

"Hmm, okay then, drink this milk and we both will make the dream catcher together. Okay?"

"Okie dokie!" I hugged him to thank before chugging down the milk.

Me and papa spent the next 2 hours making the dream catcher. He even gave me the idea of adding beads and helped me with it.

Atlast, it turned out really really pretty, but not prettier than me.

While sprinkling just a tiny amount of glitter, me and papa had gotten some on ourselves too. It would be the end game for us if Saru catches so we just hopen she wouldn't.

As the devil spoke, the door cracked open to find the lady who ruled on both of us standing at door, a hand on her hip with a done face.

"yenri nim avatara? Matte Ruani, est sari helidini ninge nan ilde idaga glitter use madbeda anta?" She passed us a not-so satisfied look.

( What is this ? And Ruani, how many times have I told you not to use glitter in my absence?)

Me and dad shared a look before papa stood up and escaped because of a business call, leaving me alone to get scolded. I'll take my revenge, you betrayer!

Once my mom was done giving me a lecture, she gave me a warm bath and took me down for dinner.

I couldn't just wait until I saw him the next morning!

As the night fell, I just hoped Ki didn't have any bad dreams. Even if he did get it, it would be the last time.

Next morning, I was super excited to go to school, for the first time in my life! I did have a slight headache cause I could barely sleep last night but that ain't stopping me.

As the car halted before my school gate, papa passed me a last look. "Ruani, are you sure you want to go? You can stay at home and rest. I'm sure Kiran-"

"It's Kian, papa! K-I-A-N." I glared at him. How could he?

"Yea yea, him. He'll be okay." Honestly papa wasn't happy when I told him about Kian. He said that I shouldn't be making guy friends and thinks he'll steal me from him.

Why would I leave papa to live with someone else?

"No, I am going to school today, that's it." I stomped my foot, angrily and he agreed. I bid him goodbye and entered the campus.

I anxiously waited for the lunch break to come because I was late to class this morning, credits to my papa and the traffic. So I can only meet him in Lunch.

Once the bell rang, I picked up the box I had packed the dream catcher in and ran towards the butterfly garden, our meet up area.

It didn't take much time before he noticed and walked up to me. Grinning widely,I handed him the box.

Kian knitted his brows, glancing at me in confusion."what's this?"

"Open it."

Old kid Kian looked way different than the grown up. Before he had cute chubby cheeks that made him look like a stuffed potato.

His eyes glittered the moment his gaze fell on the present I gave him. I sighed in relief looking at his reaction.

"Don't worry now this will catch all the bad dreams and you'll have good dreams." I grinned.

Kian let out a chuckle, wrapping his arms around me." You're so sweet,shawty."

I pulled back frowning, hearing my nickname. "I.Am.Not. Short." I glare at him, stomping my feet.

"Sure you're not." He pinched my nose before sprinting away.

"Idiot-" I yelled chasing him.

Flashback Ends

Tears uncontrollably glided down my cheeks, seeing Ki lay lifeless yet so full of life.

It's been...1..2..3...4....5....6....7 whole hours since Ki was shifted to the ward.

Kai has gone to bring get the medicines while I'm here waiting for him to regain his consciousness.

Maybe only if I urged him to stay back the day before, he wouldn't be in such a condition.I should've stopped him when I had the chance.

My fingers caressed his palm that had the IV drip. his veins bulged up against his skin. A bead bracelet gifted by his mom wrapped around his wrist.

I remember him telling me how his mother gave him a surprise birthday party last year when she gifted him that.

The tension in the thick air broke as Kian's phone rang.My shaking hands reached the table to pick it up.

I gulped reading the the contact no.'Mother India' What was I gonna answer her now?

Should I just ignore it? won't that make her more worried?I took some time to compose myself before receiving the call.

"En appa Rajkumara,marthbitya nam elarna?" Her tone was serious. I didn't know what to say, I never imagined to be in such a situation.

"H..hel..hello?"

Author's pov

There was a pause for a minute. Paru knitted her brows in confusion. Who was this unfamiliar lady?She thought, that too recieving her son's call.

"Who?" She asked.

Ruani was scared, she just hoped Senior Mrs. Vasishta won't get angry at her. Gulping hard,she responded,

"Ru, I mean Ruanika Thalari, Ki-Kians's childhood friend.We went to same school, if you remember."

Paru's eyes gleamed hearing the name, she was on cloud nine, dancing and celebrating. She was glad her son could win his love back.

But Little did she know,her son had won the love but was fighting for his own life on the hospital bed.

"Ruani beta, you? How are you? Everything's okay?how's things between you and Kinny?" She asked like an excited kid at a fair.

A faint smile crawled up Ruani's face and she smiled in pain. "I thought you forgot me,aunty."

"How could I?" Paru let out a chuckle. How could she forget her son's first love who he talked about day and night?

Ruani forced a chuckle.she couldn't do this. "How are you?Is everything fine between you and Kian?" Paru asked.

"Uh,yea everything is fine.I am fine even Kian is. He's gone to the club. My phone wasn't working so he lent his for a couple days." She panicked.Fuck.

Ruani hoped Paaru didn't suspect her,which she obviously didn't.She could lie anymore so before Paaru could say something,

"Aunty, I'm at the set and there's an emergency.Mind if I call you later?"

"Oh sure, sweetie.continue with the work." Paru ended the call saying so.She was happy for her son and her future daughter in law.

Ruani kept the phone back on the table. Her hands were sweating,heart beats pacing up.

She looked up to Kian with tear filled eyes."why are you doing this to me,Ki?"

She sobbed, cupping his cheek. "Why are you making me lie?I don't want this, I don't want us to be here,like this? Please wake up. Please."

She cried and cried.

"After what happened that day, I despised you to death, there hasn't been a single day I haven't cursed at you or begged god to make me forget every bit of memory I had with you. I wished we never met or became friends. I thought I never loved you anymore, but that was pure bull shit. The love I had for you never faded, instead it was still there, concealed before the anger that thrived in my heart. Deep somewhere, I always dreamt that the incident which distanced us never took place and we remained the friends we were. No matter how many friends I had, none could replace you. I hate you Idiot, I hate the fact that I loved you all along. Everytime someone mentions your name, only I know how my heart paced up, how all the memories clouded my mind. And you, you think I'd have forgotten you? How could I ever forget my first ever love, Kian?How could I?"

For the first time since they got separated,she had broke the wall of feelings Ruani and stacked up within herself and let it all out.

Or maybe she spoke up because Kian wasn't hearing her.But little did she know,Her first love was actually hearing every bit of her.

Kian had gained conciousness not more than a few minutes ago,but hearing her confess, he decided stay back and hear everything.

It made his heart full and excited like a little kid.He wanted get up and jump like a kangaroo, dance his heart out and kiss her till their lungs fought for air.

However the condition he was currently in,forbid him from doing so. Tears glided down his cheeks.

Kian lifted his fingers and slowly pushed a few strands of Ruani's hair behind her ear who had her head down, next to his hand.

Startled Ruani,Looked up to find his eyes barely open."K....Ki"

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

Hmmmmm.... So firstly we hit 7k reads,Ngl made me really happy but, but, but,

Yk it hurts like hell when your acc reach literally drops from 26k to fucking 11k? The reels that got least 1-3k views now barely exceed 300?

I don't know if it hurts you but as a creator it hurts me like hell.So Let's make a deal (Y'all will end up in my basement if you don't agree 🔪)

So the deal is,I need engagement and you need chapters.And for that...

1) I want followers on Insta and Wattpad,If you like the book,you like my writing, freaking follow.

2) I want each and everyone one of you to Vote and drop 5 comments.(5 comments from each person)

3) Engage on Insta reels,Idc how you'll do it but you need to do it.dont spam likes at once but do it slowly, comment,share and save.If you have Any booksta acc,dm me.

4) For the next update,I NEED VOTES ON EVERY SINGLE CHAPTERS SO FAR.EVERY.SINGLE.CHAPTER.And the comments one as I said.Understood? And followers and Engagement on Insta.

5) Last but not the least,If we hit 150 followers on Wattpad, I'll update twice a week. If we hit 1k on Insta,I'll double update every alternative updates.

That's it.More simple than it sounds.

Now I might have sounded rude but dude I deserve least this much for my efforts don't I? I'm not asking your property papers or generational wealth. it's just some engagement so Do It.

I'll post chapter 20's spoiler tommorow on Insta so run now 🔪🔪🔪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240 52 13
You gave me reasons to smile and reasons to laugh but most importantly you gave me memories I could never forget. It's not the sad but the happy memo...
74.4K 8.6K 37
{ #๐Ÿ ๐•ด๐–Œ๐–“๐–Ž๐–™๐–Š ๐–˜๐–Š๐–—๐–Ž๐–Š๐–˜ } ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐š ๐€๐ ๐ง๐ข๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข I learned early enough that you should never trust anyone more than yourself. Not e...
9.3K 210 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
773 127 37
"It's a tale of fate , misery, magic , divine love , twist& turns and ofcourse some secrets" .............................. JAI: A calm and cool per...