The Return of velvet.

By Sandrastar1

(This is a redo of my the return of velvet story i did this year) Taking place after the events of trolls ban... More

chapter 1 .
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12

chapter 6

95 0 0
By Sandrastar1

"So guys, what should we do first?" Poppy asked.

John dory took a deep breath. "I think that we should let bruce pick the first activity we do. What should we do first bruce?"

Bruce smiled. "Hmm that's a tough choice. But if I had to pick one thing I would say that the first thing we should do is: surfing.

Poppy and viva excitedly squealed.

Bruce smiled. "And don't worry if you don't know how to surf guys. I can teach you guys. Don't worry. This is going to be fun."

Floyd gulped nervously as he looked out at the water where the waves were. He didn't feel comfortable, in fact it looked rather....scary. he had to get out of surfing but how?

What should he do?

Suddenly he had an idea, maybe he could pretend to faint. Yeah maybe, uh oh that wouldn't work. His brothers would know he was faking it. 'Think Floyd, think.' He thought. Sweat ran down his head. Time was running g out. Bruce was going to lead them toward the boards. If only... wait maybe...

Floyd suddenly moaned.

"Floyd are you alright?" Poppy asked concerned. "You look a bit pale."

Floyd pretended to whimper. "Yeah. It's my stomach. I'm not feeling to good. I think I might need to sit this one out. I'm so sorry bruce." He looked at his older brother. "I'm really sorry bruce but I really really wanted to surf with you but i don't think " just then Floyd hiccupped and covered his mouth his eyes widened. Oh no he had forgotten an important thing: he couldn't lie without getting the hiccups.

"Floyd are you ok?" Viva asked as Floyd kept hiccupping.

"Don't worry viva, Floyd is perfectly fine. He just gets the hiccups when he lies."

Poppy Looked shocked. "Wait he hiccups when he lies?" She asked.

Branch nodded. "Yep."

John dory shook his head. "And it looks like someone gets the hiccups when he lies."

Floyd blushed. He had been caught. Why did he have to get hiccups when he lied. He looked down still hiccupping.

"And there is a way they will stop." Bruce said. "The hiccups go away when floyd tells the truth." He turned to his brother. He gently touched his brother's shoulder.

Floyd hiccupped he wanted to stop hiccupping.

"Floyd is there a reason you lied to us?" Bruce gently asked.

"N-no. *hic*" Floyd covered his mouth.

"Are you sure Floyd? You can tell me the truth and I promise. I won't get mad."

Floyd looked thoughtful,still hiccupping he took a deep breath. Maybe he should tell the truth. It might make him feel better if he did.

"OK. The *hic* truth is *hic* I'm scared to surf."

"Why are you scared Floyd, there's nothing scary about surfing. Are..are you afraid of falling?" Bruce asked gently.

"No it's not that. It's the waves the thought of being near the waves. It terrifies me. I don't think I can do this."

Floyd looked down sadly. Bruce gently hugged his brother. "Hey, it's ok floyd. I know the waves can look terrifying but trust me. Everything is going to be ok. I'm going to do this with you. Nothing bad is gonna happen to you on that water as long as I am here. Ok?"

Floyd nodded.

Bruce smiled. "By the way you were very brave to admit you were afraid floyd."

"Sorry for lying bruce. I really didn't want to face those waves." Floyd said.

"It's ok Floyd." He turned to the others. "Come on, let's select out boards and get into the water."

Bruce led the trolls to where the surfboards were. "OK now first thing we do is select our boards."

John dory detected a teal board, viva selected a pink surfboard with daisies on it. Poppy selected a pink surfboard with hearts on it, clay selected a yellow surfboard with Green swirls on it,branch selected a blue surfboard, and Floyd selected a magenta surfboard.

Bruce selected his surfboard and led them to the water.

"OK now we can go into the water and climb onto our boards." Bruce said as he got into the water and climbed onto the board.

One by one, each troll got onto the board and climbed on. Floyd tried to stay calm and not hyperventilate. He closed his eyes rather tightly.

"Floyd, Floyd it's ok relax look. You are perfectly safe." Bruce said as he paddled next to floyd. Floyd opened one eye and saw he was on his board he smiled nervously this part wasn't so scary.

"OK no imm going to go with each of you out there and ride a wave with you. If you fall or wipe out. It's ok. Don't feel bad. I've Fallen dozens of times. It's your first time on a board. Poppy you're up first."

"OK floyd your turn."

Floyd looked out at the water he saw the waves and gulped he backed up. No way could he do this. He was going to fall. "Can't I try tomorrow?" He asked softly.

"Come on floyd. You can do this." Viva said

Floyd gulped nervously. And paddled out as soon as the wave started to form he heard bruce say. "You're doing fine floyd now stand up and valance yourself."

To his surprise Floyd found he was doing it. He was surfing; this wasn't so terrifying after all why had he been so afraid.

"Floyd watch out you're heading the wrong way!" His brothers yell caught Floyd's attention and Floyd wobbled waving his arms trying to keep his Ballenger he slipped and fell off into the water. Bruce dove after Floyd and helped him back onto his board.

Floyd clung to the board shaking.

"It's ok Floyd it's ok you're safe now... floyd? Floyd where you going?" Bruce asked shocked to see Floyd paddling back to shore where he got off panting and shaking.

John dory was the first by by his little brother's side.

"Floyd oh my gosh are you alright?"

Rhonda who had woken up from her nap and seen the entire thing ran to floyd and nuzzled him

Bruce reached shore. "Floyd. It's ok. We can stop fir a bit and after you're calmer we can try again...."

Floyd shook his head. "I'm not ever going out on that board bruce."

"What? But Floyd you were doing great, you just made a small mistake. It's normal. I've made that mistake before best thing to do is try again after you...."

"I'M NOT GOING OUT THERE BRUCE!" Floyd cried. "I knew I was going to fall off bruce. I just want this day to be over!" Floyd cried before he ran off towards the jungle.

"Floyd wait!" Bruce cried out he followed Floyd but stopped when he came to the jungle. He looked down sadly and went back to where Floyd's board was. Maybe trying to get floyd to surf wasn't the smartest idea. He sighed. "I have to go back and make sure Brandy and the kids are alright." He mumbled as he walked off.

Poppy Looked at the jungle. "We gotta go after floyd." She said

"I'll go," John Dory said. "You guys wait here." He whistled and rhonda came up to him and followed him into the jungle.

Branch looked over at poppy who looked worried. "It's gonna be ok, poppy. Sometimes there are some problems that you have to let others try to solve."

"Floyd! Floyd!" John Dory yelled as he tracked through the jungle. He sighed then froze hearing a sound of sobbing.

He followed the sound and there behind a pool noodle tree he saw his brother crying. John dory frowned and walked towards his brother.

"Floyd?"

Floyd sniffled, wiping his eyes.

John dory sat next to floyd and gently hugged him. "I'm sorry." Floyd said sniffling.

"It's ok Floyd. Come on let's go back to."

"No." Floyd said " I can't go back. I...oh... why did I even try to surf? Why couldn't the first activity be karaoke? Or catching the frisbee?"

"I think that surfing is something that bruce enjoys doing a lot and he wanted to share it with us. You know how.... Look Floyd you can't hide out here forever. Look Floyd I understand how you feel. You are scared, feeling humiliated and just want to hide under a rock. But you gotta come back and try again."

"I don't want to I'll only embarrass myself further, besides I didn't even like it. *hic*" Floyd covered his mouth.

John dory crossed his arms and Floyd sighed. "OK *hic* maybe, maybe for a moment it was pretty cool *hic* and I sorta liked it a bit *hic* ok for a moment I enjoyed it. But then I wiped out. I can't get back on that board I'll fail again. But you're right I can't stay here forever." He took a deep breath let's get this over with then."

Floyd licked Floyd who chuckled and stroked rhonda.

At the beach everyone watched the bushes waiting for sign of the brothers to return and soon the bushes rustled and out came rhonda who skid to a stop. Her door opened and out came John dory and Floyd.

Floyd was immediatly swarmed with hugs.

"Floyd are you ok?" Poppy asked worriedly.

"I'm ok now." Floyd replied he then frowned "where'd bruce go?" "He went back to the restaurant he mumbled that he was going to check on brandy and his kids." Clay said.

Floyd facepalmed. He had messed up.

He looked toward the restaurant and sighed. "I have to apologize to bruce. I completely overreacted after falling off the board. I just hope he doesn't hate me."

"I don't think he will floyd." Poppy said.

"Was...was he mad?"

"No, he seemed sad." Viva said "perhaps he feels that he let you down."

Floyd inhaled and walked to the restaurant he paused. "Guys, would you go with me into the restaurant? I would feel better if you did."

Bruce sighed sadly. "I let my little brother down Brandy. I told him I wouldn't let anything happen and I was unable to stop him from falling off the board. He probably hates me now and..."

"No I don't bruce." Floyd said as he walked to his brother. He sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry I overreacted. I guess I got carried away when I was on the wave for that moment I was actually surfing and it felt... incredible. It was like ... I can't explain it bruce."

Bruce smiled. "I know how it feels. I wanted you guys to experience it.its like a once in a lifetime experience." He looked down "you know the first time I tried to surf didn't go well see... when I first arrived at vacay island, I saw the most beautiful woman in all the world."

Brandy giggled. "Oh bruce." She kissed his cheek.

"And I wanted to talk to her but I needed to make a good first impression. So when I saw her surf. I thought to myself 'hey, I'll impress her with surfing. It can't be that hard." so I grabbed a board and paddled out to catch a wave, unfortunately I ended up falling off the board and washing up on shore spitting out water. I felt embarrassed. I ran into the jungle to hide

I had humiliated myself in front of everyone. I then heard someone coming and hid"

Flashback*

Brandy walked around looking for the troll. She heard a sound and looked over at a tree. There at the bottom of the pool noodle tree was Spruce. She gently knelt next to him. "Are you alright?"

Spruce shook his head. "I can't believe I just did that. I just made a fool of myself. What was I thinking? I can't surf. I thought it was easy to surf."

Brandy smiled. "You know I can teach you to surf."

"Really?" Spruce asked. "Wow, thanks miss."

Brandy chuckled. "My name's brandy."

End flashback*

"You know if I didn't do that I probably never would have spoken to Brandy and probably not been married to my soulmate or have 13 amazing kids."

Floyd smiled."Hey Bruce. I want to try again."

Bruce smiled. He took his brothers hand then turned to brandy and smiled. "Go ahead bruce. It's alright."

Bruce and Floyd raced to the beach.

Floyd took a deep breath and picked up his board. Hectook a deep breath.

"You can do this floyd." Bruce said

Floyd took a deep breath and paddled. This time he surfed the wave successfully.

Bruce clapped. "Floyd that was amazing you're a fast learner."

"Well I have a great teacher." Floyd smiled.

Bruce smiled and hugged Floyd who smiled.

Later on everyone was wearing their pajamas eating smores..

"Mmm...so good." Viva said.

Clay nodded. "haven't had a good score for a long time."

"So clay..." poppy paused to drink from her water bottle. "Where did you go after the band broke up?"

"I actually didn't go too far. I hid out at the library. I spent my time reading books, until the time of the escape."

"So um...when did you become a licensed CPA, clay ?" John Dory asked.

"As soon as I finished helping build homes for all the trolls I began to read about being a licensed CPA and well I ended up becoming one and..." Floyd who was chewing on a smore began to blink sleepily and yawn.

"Uh oh looks like someone's ready for bed."

Floyd's eyelids started to lower and he yawned hugely. "I'm fine, really not at all...tired," he tiredly protested.

Bruce smiled. "Come on sleepyhead. Time for bed." Floyd yawned again and rubbed his eyes he climbed into his sleeping bag his eyelids drooping and he yawned. "I hope I have good dreams tonight." He tiredly said his eyes started to close and eventually they closed and Floyd started to snore quietly..

It wasn't long before everyone was feeling a bit sleepy. Bruce yawned. "I'm heading to the house where Brandy and I stay. I'll come wake you guys for breakfast. Anyways sleep well everyone."

"Night Bruce." Everyone except for Floyd( who was already asleep) said.

Bruce headed to his home.

Clay climbed into his sleeping bag and yawned falling asleep within minutes.

Poppy kissed branch goodnight before she climbed into her sleeping bag And fell asleep.

Branch got into his sleeping bag and looked to see John dory was sitting on a chair still awake.

"Aren't you going to bed john?" He asked.

"No, I'm gonna stay awake a bit longer." John Dory said. "Just in case Floyd has a nightmare."

Branch sleepily yawned. "OK just, try not to stay up so late."

"OK branch." John dory replied. Branch's eyes closed and he fell asleep.

John dory glanced at Floyd who snored quietly. John dory smiled he gentlybstroked his brother's hair. "Rest well little bro." He whispered he yawned and rubbed his eyes. He moved his sleeping bag next to floyd and climbed in his own sleeping bag he yawned as he fell asleep snoring.

Bruce yawned as he flopped onto his pillow he rubbed his eyes. Next to him his wife smiled. "Night bruce." She whispered.

Bruce opened his eyes sleepily. "Night brandy." He kissed his wife and slowly fell asleep.

There was a knock on Rhonda's door. John Dory sleepily sat up and yawned toredly, he sleepily walked to the door and and opened it. He smiled at bruce.

"Morning john dory."Bruce smiled. "How'd you sleep?"

"I slept great..." just then he he heard a yawn and saw Floyd sit up and stretch his arms out.

"Morning Floyd, how did you sleep?" Bruce asked

"I slept well." Floyd replied. "No nightmares."

John dory smiled excitedly. He shook everyone else awake.

"Floyd said he slept great."

Clay yawned. "I could tell. He did wake us up screaming from a nightmare."

Bruce smiled. "We got another day filled of fun today bros. Let's grab some breakfast and hit the beach.

After breakfast thr trolls headed out to the beach. Poppy was cuddling branch as they watched the sky. Suddenly there was a short.

"CLAY!" Poppy and Branch looked up to see clay running away laughing and John dory chasing after clay.

Bruce ran up to them

"Whoah, John calm down why are you so upset with clay and why are you all sandy?" Bruce asked.

John dory scowled "Clay burried me in sand while i was napping.

Clay giggled . Come on john dory, you were the one who said. 'This is a vacation Clay. Loosen up and have a bit of fun.' At breakfast."

"Nowhere on the conversation did I say to burry me in sand clay." John dory whined.

Poppy tried no to laugh branch pretended to blow his nose so no one could see he was fighting back his laughter.

John dory smiled mischievously at his brother. Clay gulped nervously. "John? What are you doing? Look I'm sorry it was just a little prank. I sometimes do that every once in a while... John what are you..."

"Wet willy!" John Dory yelled as he chased Clay around.

"John no stop it! I'm too serious for thoes anymore!" Clay protested as he ran John dory tackled him and clay closed his eyes tightly flinching but then started to laugh as he felt John dory's fingers tickle him.

"John stop it." He cried squirming as giggles came out of him.

"Gotcha clay." John dory smiled as he sat up.

Clay panted as he caught his breath and tackled John dory trying to tickle him

John dory smirked. "You can't tickle me anymore Clay I'm no longer ticklish."

Clay looked thoughtful then he looked at john dorys feet and smirked.

John dory gulped nervously and clay began to tickle John dorys feet.

John dory roared with laughter.

"Clay stop it!" He begged as he giggled.

"Not ticklish huh?" Clay asked as he stopped.

John dory ruffled clays hair.

Clay bat away at john dorys hair.

"Dude my hair is already messy enough." He whined.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 91 26
"Your an famous model who is fan of Veneer and has a crush on him. One day you felt the urge to go to his performance alongside his sister Velvet. Bu...
45.7K 1.8K 65
What if Veneer pretended that he lost Floyd but secretly is helping him get back to his brothers. Before people accuse me of doing a pro-ship please...
1.1K 19 5
After the events of saving Floyd from Mount Rageous and the performance on Vacay Island, Brozone and the Royal Pop sisters, Poppy and Viva must start...
8.5K 210 8
Takes place after the events of "Trolls Band Together" It's BroZone's first holiday season reunited in Pop Village, which means it's time for their f...