chapter 4

"Floyd." Floyd opened his eyes he was in front of the troll tree. He looked around and saw his grandma and another troll which he recognized as his baby brother. Floyd excitedly ran to them.

"Grandma! Branch!" He exclaimed happily as he ran toward them. The ran toward him. Branch ran faster in front of their grandma.

Suddenly their was a loud noise. Like an alarm clock going off. Wait an alarm clock?

Floyd opened his eyes and he looked around. Where was he? He rubbed his eyes as he sat up in bed. He opened his eyes and yawned, stretching his arm out. He climbed out of bed. At that moment a hand touched the alarm clock silencing it. Floyd looked up to see veneer who smiled. "Morning sleepy head. Sleep alright?"

"Yep Floyd said as veneer opened his hand to carry Floyd into the dining area.

"OK I microwaved you some waffles. Now Velvet wants the lesson to start in 15 minutes."

Floyd took a bite of his waffle. He munched happily.

Just then velvet marched into the room. "How long does it take to eat a piece of waffle?" She snapped.

"Easy velvet. Try to be patient."

Velvet scowled. "Eat faster." She ordered.

Floyd swallowed. "This is as fast as I can eat velvet. Plus if I eat any faster. I'm gonna end up probably getting the hiccups."

"Eat...faster...now!" Velvet growled.

Floyd chewed faster and swallowed. "Done." He said.

"Finally." Velvet said.

"OK now is there a space where we can..."

"The living room is fine,"Velvet said.

Veneer set his hand on the table so Floyd could climb on and carried him onto the livingroom where he placed him on a coffee table.

"OK now for me to understand...." Floyd suddenly hiccupped. He covered his mouth and cleared his throat. "Sorry anyways right now just sing as best you *hic*" Floyd covered his mouth with his hands. Uh oh. He had the hiccups.

"Velvet groaned. "Are you kidding me!" She angrily said.

"I'm sorry I think I *hic* ate my food a bit too fast *hic*"

"Well stop hiccupping." Velvet snapped.

"I can't make them *hic* stop Velvet. They'll go away *hic* on their own in a little bit. We just need to *hic* be patient."

"I don't want to wait!" Velvet growled.

Floyd backed away nervously and hiccupped.

Veneer picked up floyd. He carried him to the kitchen and got out a bottle of water. He pored some water into a thimble.

"Sorry I don't have any cups that are small enough for you. But hopefully a bit of water will help make the hiccups stop."

Floyd smiled and reached for the thimble he hiccupped again. He took the thimble and took a sip. He smiled. I think that...*hic*" Floyd frowned and finished off the water in his thimble. "*hic* they're still there."

Veneer frowned. "Water always got my hiccups to stop. Oh I know. Maybe a bit of lemon will help. When velvs. Gets the hiccups she bites into a lemon and her hiccups go away."

He got out a lemon slice and gave it to floyd.

Floyd looked uneasy and hiccupped. He really wanted to stop his hiccups. So he closed his eyes and took a bite of the lemon.