chapter 8

Floyd's eyes widened with fear, he backed up. This was his worse fear.

Floyd began to hyperventilate,his skin becoming pale.

"Floyd? Floyd?" John Dory asked in a worried tone of voice. Floyd backed up and his eyes closed and he collapsed to the ground.

"Floyd!" Poppy exclaimed. She knelt next to him. "Floyd? Can you hear me? Please wake up."

Crimp gasped. "Oh my." She hurried over to Floyd. She opened her bag and pulled out a cloth and a bottle. She opened the bottle and poured a few drops onto the cloth and held it under Floyd's nose.

Soon Floyd began to groan his nose wrinkled and his eyes opened his eyes slowly. He blinked as he slowly sat up.

"Floyd!" Branch exclaimed as he hugged his brother.

"Are you ok bro? Does your head hurt?" John Dory said

"No ." Floyd replied.

"Are you experiencing any dizziness?"

"No."

"Can you stand?"

"Hang on a minute. Give me a second." Floyd said as he slowly stood up.

Floyd turned to crimp. "Wha.. what was that stuff."

Crimp smiled. "It's smelling salts. It helps wake someone up after they faint."

"Well it woke Floyd up." Poppy said

Floyd then remembered what veneer had said. His eyes widened in fear. He panted in fear. "She..she's back...."

"Floyd? It's gonna be ok.."Poppy began.

"She's..she going to find us. It's only a matter of time..." Floyd whimpered.

John dory went to floyd. "Floyd listen to me velvet doesn't even know where we are...."

"Actually velvet took one of my newest inventions It's a tracking device so you can find anyone anywhere I was making it for veneer for when he got out of jail so he could visit floyd."

Veneer shyly looked down. "I wanted to visit you floyd to make sure you were ok."

"Wait if velvet got the tracker...." John dory began.

"Oh well I made one for myself so I could visit Floyd too. Also I built a telephoning device which I hooked up to the the tracker so it would Teleport us to your location so we could warn you."

Branch blinked. "That's actually...impressive." He said.

Floyd began to breathe hard. "I don't want to end up being in a diamond prison again."

"Floyd look at me.." John dory began

"SHE'S GONNA FIND US AND CAPTURE US ALL! WE GOTTA EVACUATE!!" Floyd screamed, shaking like a leaf.

"Floyd, look at me." Branch said. "Listen to me. Velvet is not going to capture you or anyone else ever again. I promise. We are going to have a plan and that plan will keep us safe Floyd. Right now I need you to calm down.breathe with me. Inhale."

Branch breathed in deeply,Floyd inhaled.

"Exhale." Branch said as he breathed out with branch slowly calming down.

"There you go shhh there you go." Branch said. "Now first we need to win the trolls in the village then I'll get started on a trap to capture velvet."

Floyd nodded.

"In the meantime John dory can you go to vacay island and warn bruce about velvet's escape.

"I'm on it. I'll be back as soon as I can."

"I'll go announce to the trolls that velvet is on her way."

John dory hurried to Rhonda and pushed the hustle button.

Bruce was giving a customer their order when john dory burst into the restaurant out of breath. "Bruce... bruce..."

"John." Bruce smiled seeing his brother then the smile vanished. John dory looked worried.

"John Dory what's wrong?"

"It..it's velvet. She...she's escaped and has a device which is allowing her to find trollstopia. I came to earn you bro. It's not safe for you to cone to trollstopia for a while."

"How is Floyd doing?"

John dory swallowed hard he shook. "He.. he fainted as soon as he found out velvet escaped and he.. he looked frightened. Bruce...i ...." John dory slumped onto a chair. "I don't know what else to do. I mean branch has a plan but... how can I help Floyd? He's terrified."

Bruce gently sat with him. "Right now all we can do is be there for him." He then stood up. "I'm going with you John. I don't care if I have to face velvet. I wasn't there for any of my brothers for 20 years I'm not about to repeat that mistake again."

Brandi walked to bruce and nodded she hugged him. "Be careful my love."She whispered.

"Ok, now starting tomorrow, branch is going to set up a trap to catch velvet, so please remembr to be mindful and stay away from the area." Poppy said.

The trolls nodded, "We also will be practicing what to do when velvet returens poppy." Val said. "Velvet will not catch us by surprise."

Later there was a knock at the trapdoor of the bunker, branch gulped just then he heard a voice. "Branch,its john dory."

Branch sighed and opened the trap door his eyes widened at the sight of his  two older brothers.

"Bruce what... John I told you..."

"It's my decision to come to trollstopia, i want to be there for floyd. I may not have been there for him or any of you 20 years ago, but i am now."

The moment floyd saw bruce he clung to him sniffling. He shivered. "Bruce I'm scared."

"Shhhh, its gonna be ok floyd, I'm here."

Clay sighed, "we just got flyd to stop having nightmares, now he's gonna have nightmares all over again."

branch looked at floyd and sighed he hoped that floyd wouldn't have so much as a nightmare that night.

That evening branch had finished up his blueprints, he looked over them and nodded, this trap was the best he had ever though of, Hopefully with help from veneer and crimp, who were taking shelter in an empty cave not too far away from trollstopia. 

Branch looked over at his brothers, he sighed he looked at the clock, it was getting late, he climbed into bed and looked at Gary. "I'm worried about Floyd, i just... i hope he doesn't have another nightmare. What should i do Gary? I wish grandma was still here, she always knew what to do."

In his cave shelter veneer looked at the bracelet on his wrist. All he had to do was push the button and the authorities would race to trollstopia, using the portal as fast as they could.  He sighed and looked at the night sky as his mind wandered as he thought about floyd. 'I swear Floyd,i'm not about to let you down, this time I'm going to protect you.' he thought before falling asleep on the bed of moss.