The Ymbryne Academy

By Amber_Sweets

READ THE ORIGINAL BOOK AND SEQUEL BEFORE THIS ONE Esmé and Alma have shared some stories to the children of t... More

Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92

Chapter 79

33 4 5
By Amber_Sweets

"Here, you need to eat."

Esmé looked over and seen the older woman gently set down a bowl of fruit.

Esmé picked up a few blueberries and popped them into her mouth. "Thank you."

"Of course. You need to keep track of yourself, make sure you're eating." She says and the woman nods, taking a small bite of a strawberry.

Alma pressed a kiss to the top of her head and sat down beside her.

"How are you feeling?" She says, gently preening some of the feathers on her wings.

"Pretty tired." Esmé admitted, leaning into her wife's side. "They keep kicking, it's getting a bit painful."

"Maybe you should try resting when they settle down." Alma says gently, running a hand over her stomach and pulling back when she felt a kick.

"I think they just want your attention." Esmé says with a smile.

Alma smiled and leaned down to press a kiss to the younger woman's belly. "I love you, my sweetheart." She said softly.

Esmé winced slightly when she felt a kick, smiling when the older woman gently placed a kiss on her lips.

"That baby needs to go easier on you, so rude." Alma said, giving the baby bump a scolding look.

"She's just excited." Esmé says with a small chuckle, leaning her forehead against her wife and groaned when she felt another kick.

"Want to cuddle?" Alma asked her with a smile. Esmé nodded happily and brought her into her wings, holding her closely.

"I'm ready to hug you again." Esmé says, her baby bump getting in the way when she tried to and Alma chuckled.

"I think more people are starting to notice." Alma said gently. "It's been going well, no complications so far. Maybe we should tell everyone."

"I don't know." Esmé says softly, nervously playing with her wife's fingers. Alma looked over her carefully, Esmé catching her gaze when she felt it.

"We don't have to. I just don't want anyone to get upset should we not tell them." Alma sighed.

"No no, you're right, we should." Esmé says softly and Alma gently tilted her chin up.

"We can wait a bit longer if you'd like." Alma said softly. She didn't want to force anything.

"No, it's okay." Esmé says with a small smile, resting her hands on top of the woman's.

"We could at dinner tonight." Esmé suggested.

"Only if you're ready to do so." Alma says gently and Esmé smiled, pressing a kiss on her cheek.

"Yeah I think so." Esmé said with a small smile.

"Look here." The younger woman did so, looking up when the older woman cupped her face in her hands.

"Hm?" Esmé hummed as she looked up at her.

A small silence fell and the younger woman looked at her confused before a smile spread across her wife's lips.

"I swear every day I fall further in love with you."

"Really?" She asked with a smile.

"Really." Alma said, holding her close.

"I love you." Esmé says softly and Alma pressed a deep kiss against her lips and smiled.

"I love you more my love."

"Ew, you both are so sappy." Oliver says and Charlie giggles.

"I think it's cute." She says and Esmé blushed with a small smile.

"Thank you Charlie, you're much nicer than our son." Alma said, with a small playful glare at her son.

"Will you be staying for dinner?" Esmé asked.

"Actually, Ollie and I wanted to ask..." Charlie trailed off, looking over at him and the boy smiled slightly.

"Yes?" Alma pushes and the boy looked over at his mother.

"Can Charlie stay?" He asks, worried for the answer as the home was already crowded.

"The night? Well certainly not in your room but I'm sure she could, yes." Alma said.

"No, I mean can she stay? Like stay stay?" He asks and Esmé smiled, looking over at her wife.

"I think they're in love." Esmé whispered to her wife. Alma nodded in agreement. "I like her. What do you think?"

"I don't know, the home is crowded, especially with the little one coming." Alma says quietly so the two wouldn't overhear.

"You both can think about it of course, we don't need an answer right away." Charlie says softly.

"We'll consider it, dear." She said gently.

"Thank you." Charlie said with a smile.

"We'll let you know by tomorrow morning. You're welcome to stay the night." Esmé adds and the girl smiled and thanked her, pulling Ollie off with her by the hand.

"I'm not sure if her staying is the best idea." Alma said. "I'd like for her too, but we have a lot of people here right now."

"I'd feel bad for saying no though." Esmé says softly and took a sharp breath in when she felt another kick.

"Try eating a bit more." Alma says softly.

"I'm not very hungry." Esmé said as she leaned into Alma. "I kind of just want to sleep for a week."

"Who's going to give me attention when you are?" Alma teased with a smile.

"This little one will suit just fine." Esmé says, resting a hand on her stomach.

"But I want your attention." Alma said with a small sad smile.

"Really?" Esmé asked with a smile.

The older woman pressed a gentle kiss on her lips and Esmé raised an eyebrow.

"I thought you wanted me to get some rest?" She says and Alma rolled her eyes, pulling away from her.

"Pardon me for loving you so much." Alma said.

"Hmm.. I love you more." Esmé said happily, pressing a deep kiss to her lips.

"Don't argue with me missy, now get some rest." Alma says with a slight smile.

"I demand cuddles." Esmé said with a huff. Alma rolled her eyes with a smile.

"I can't on the couch, your tummys in the way." She says with a chuckle, Esmé blushing when she felt her talons gently trace over her stomach and she felt another kick.

"Quit egging her on. Come on let's go upstairs, I need attention." Esmé said, standing up.

Alma chuckled before helping her up, Esmé stumbling for a moment when she felt a sharp pain in her stomach and she paused for a moment.

"Are you alright?" Alma asked her gently.

"Yeah sorry. This baby is a literal pain." She chuckled.

"Don't apologize." Alma says gently and seen Charlie spot them, looking at them confused and a bit worried.

"Are you okay?" She asked the two, worried.

"Yes. Sorry. Just quite a bit sore." Esmé said.

"Why?" She asks and Esmé shared a look with Alma.

"We'll explain at dinner." Alma says and Charlie smiles.

"Oh, okay, congrats you two." She says simply and walks off to find Emma.

"She knows?" Esmé said as she watched her leave.

"I do suppose it's getting more obvious."

Esmé looked down and noticed it was much more noticeable than just a few weeks ago.

"I'm surprised no one hasn't said anything." Esmé says.

"Well it's going to be alright, plenty of people are going to be really excited for the baby. I bet Emma will yell 'I knew it'." Alma smiled.

"It's not their reactions that's worrying me." Esmé admits with a weak smile. "Come on, let's go lay down."

"Alright." Alma said gently, wrapping an arm around her waist to take her upstairs.

They carefully made their way upstairs, Esmé leaning against her as they walked down the hall to their bedroom.

"I'll stay until you fall asleep." Alma says softly.

"Thank you." Esmé said happily. Being around Alma seemed to make everything better.

"Of course." She helped her lay down on her side in bed, sitting down on her side and getting the book out of her nightstand, Esmé moving her head on to her lap.

"You're so comfy." Esmé said with a smile. "I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart. Get some rest." She says softly, running her talons through her hair as she read her book.

Alma smiled down at the younger woman. "You're the definition of beauty."

"Aren't you sweet, you're one to talk." Esmé says softly, nuzzling her cheek against the woman's stomach for a moment as she got comfortable against her. Alma felt her lips twitch up, placing a small kiss on her forehead before going back to her book, her hand still running through her hair.

Esmé smiled up at the woman before she closed her eyes. She was comfy being with the woman.

Eventually Alma felt her breathing slow and she looked down, seeing her fast asleep. She carefully set her book down and despite not wanting to move her, she needed to make dinner.

Alma carefully got up, trying her best not to disturb the younger woman as she stood.

She pinned her hair back up by the vanity, glancing over a few times at the sleeping woman with a small smile.

Alma pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead before going downstairs to start dinner. She was slightly nervous for the conversation that would be coming later.

"Hey birdie, mind if I make tea?" Evelyn asks, coming into the kitchen.

"Sure." Alma says with a small smile.

"You doing alright?" Evelyn asked her gently.

"Yeah. We're just thinking about telling everyone at dinner. Sort of nervous." Alma admit.

"You'll be alright." Evelyn smiles. "Besides, almost everyone knows." She says, gently bumping her hip against hers.

"Still, I'm mostly worried for the children's reactions." Alma sighed.

"I'm sure it will be alright." Evelyn says, turning on the kettle.

"Thanks, you're probably right." Alma said with a small smile.

"Of course. Do you want a cup?"

"Sure." She says softly, the wight getting another mug out.

"Where's Esmé?" She asked the ymbryne.

"Upstairs resting until food is ready." Alma said.

"That's good." She says, getting out two tea bags.

"She needs it, she's been really tired lately." Alma said with a sigh. "The baby is coming soon."

"You excited?" She says with a grin and Alma managed one back.

"I am. But also nervous."

"Well who wouldn't be? But you'll be a great mother, you already are."

"That's not what I'm worried about." Alma says gently. "I know I shouldn't worry about the impossible, but it's difficult."

"The impossible?" Evelyn asked, wanting her to clarify.

"I don't know, I mean, it's not impossible, but I worry there might be complications. It's been a while since we've had another little one." Alma says hesitantly.

"But you've done it before and you can do it again. Plus she's so far along. I'm sure she'll be just fine." Evelyn said gently.

"Maybe you're right."

"I know I am." She says with a smile and Alma felt her lips twitch up.

"So what's for dinner?" She asked with a smile.

"Pasta." Alma responded.

"Yay!" Willow says, running up to her mother and hugging her waist tight.

"Love pasta that much do you?" Alma asked her with a smile.

"Yes! It's so yummy!"

"Well I'm glad you think so." Alma says with a smile as she began making dinner. Evelyn helped her with making the sauce and noodles, setting up the dining room with Miss Sparrow and Emma.

It wasn't long before dinner was ready and Alma went to get Esmé from her slumber upstairs. "Hey sweetheart."

The woman mumbled something, still half asleep when Alma walked over to sit on the edge of the bed, running her talons through her hair.

"You have to get up to eat, love." She says and the woman groaned, wanting to go back to sleep. "I can bring it up here if you'd like."

"No, we still have to tell people." Esmé said as she moved to get up. "You still alright to do this?"

"Hey, if you're tired I'd rather you take it easy." Alma says, gently pushing her back down on the bed. "I can explain it to them tonight."

"I'm alright. I'll come up again after dinner, but I want to be there when we tell them." Esmé said as she looked up at her.

"Alright, but I want you to relax after you eat. I can put a movie on for you up here after reset." Alma says softly, pressing a small kiss on her forehead.

"Deal." Esmé agreed with a smile. "I'm nervous, and yet excited." She said as they moved to walk downstairs.

Alma helped her, being mindful on how fast she was moving and they made it to the dining room, Eliza smiling when she seen the two.

"I hear you've got some news to share tonight?"

"After we eat." Alma says gently.

"Awe but I'm excited." Eliza sighed.

"Too bad, so sad. It's food time." Alma smiled, pulling Esmé's chair out for her.

Esmé thanked her and Alma pushed her seat in, moving to take a seat in hers.

"Well aren't you two adorable." Miss Raven said with a smile.

Alma rolled her eyes and took a small bite of the food, Esmé looking over when she felt Fiona gently tap her wing to get her attention.

"Yes darling?" Esmé asked her gently.

"Would you mind passing me the salt please?" She says softly, Esmé spotting it from across where she was.

Esmé grabbed it and handed it to the young girl. "There you are sweetheart."

"Thank you. Oh also, is it true what Ember said?" She asks and Esmé raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sure you'll figure out after dinner." She says with a smile.

Fiona smiled, seeming to already know it was true. Esmé ate slowly, though she loved Alma's pasta. The older woman seemed to be the more nervous of the two.

"You okay?" Esmé asks with a slight smile, looking over at her.

"I'm alright, just not especially hungry." Alma said with a small sad smile.

"Is something on your mind?" She asks and when Alma went to say something, Emma spoke up.

"Let me guess, are you pregnant again?"

"Emma." Esmé said, sending her a small scolding look. "I'm hurt, are you calling me fat?" Esmé said with a small joking smile.

"Well, I can see that too these past few weeks." She jokes with a grin and Esmé sent her a teasing glare.

"Wow Emma." Enoch says, hiding his smile well.

Esmé sighed and looked over at Alma. "Well I guess there's no point in hiding it. Yes, I'm pregnant."

"I knew it!" Emma said triumphantly. "How far along are you?"

"It's been about.." She glanced at the woman and Alma thought it over.

"About 4 months."

"And you didn't tell us?!" Millard said, shocked and a bit upset.

"Well we've had our concerns is all. We didn't want to say anything too soon." Esmé said.

"It's been 4 months?" Edgar says surprised and Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"You knew and completely forgot?" She says, unamused.

"You know I'm bad at time." Edgar said with a small playful glare at his wife.

"You need to get better at telling the days apart."

Eventually everyone finished the meal, Alma putting the dishes away before getting ready for reset.

"You go upstairs, I'll be up soon." She says, pressing a soft kiss on Esmés cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 4K 20
peculiar - (adj.) strange or odd; unusual "There are two things more Peculiar than anything I've ever seen. The first is time. It goes by so fast...
38.4K 601 14
(Y/N) was hidden away all her life, her parents trying to keep her safe from the outside world, they succeeded her whole life until she was 16, runni...
76.1K 2K 102
Requests are always open! Disclaimer: I do not own this amazing series, Ransom Riggs does! These are based off the books and movie. 3/24/22 #1 in Fi...
232K 4.8K 18
a life-giver and a dead-riser what could go wrong? ▪▪▪ [ an Enoch × O.C, i do not own Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ]