Journey of Her

By Ashaangiawf

Life of a 19 year old girl with dreams and how she fulfills them. A girl who loves her family and cousins. Di... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Characters
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 5
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 9
Chapter: 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 19

Chapter: 8

100 9 21
By Ashaangiawf

Guys I stayed awake the whole night to frame and type this chapter. So please read to the end and share your opinions. I need help to review my process please. 

The day dawned. It was Monday and the entire family was busily getting ready for their works except the 4 who were entitled to enjoy their holidays. 

Sivaangi woke up from her peaceful night at 4 am as usual, finished her prayers and called her parents as the first event of the day. Her grandma was awake by 4.30 am and took her own time for the prayers and recitals. Sivaangi prepared tea for them and her grandparents received it happily. It was not an excellent one like her mother's but the old couple were enjoying the love their little one had for them. Rakesh, her beloved brother opened his eyes after being shook for an hour. 

Sivaangi started cleaning the house for namesake and Rakesh was the main part of the task. They helped Mahalakshmi in making breakfast and they all ate it together with Sivakumar. Kamala akka, who helped Mahalakshmi for the past 17 years arrived in the morning and they both proceeded to look after the chores for the day. 

"ma, as I said about conducting classes for juniors, what's yours and dad's opinion?"

"I've been suggesting you this since you completed your exams. We are more than happy. You will get our full support. May god bless my child"

Binni was happy that her daughter was getting to involve herself in something she was interested from childhood. 

Sivaangi called Ashwin and  asked Arjun to join the conversation too while Rakesh was made to sit beside her.

"aththa mama and the girls went right. neenga 2 perum mattum thane veetla?"

"yes yes"

"okay. naa ethuku call pannen na, Shwetha called me. classes pathi discuss panrathuku. also my juniors kitayum pesinen. so avangaluku ellam set aahura mari class time fix panrathukum, lesson plans discuss panrathukum today evening oru online meeting vekkalam nu mudiveduthirukom. neenga 3 perum enna solringa?"

"great idea so ellaroda opinions um kedaikum" replied Ashwin appreciatively.

"ok, appo evening 4 ku inga varringala 2 perum please. meeting neram neengalum iruntha nalla irukum. so naan ungaluku ellathayum repeat panna thevalla la."

"yup neenga sonna varaporam madam athuku poi please lam ..." joked Ashwin.

"let's play badminton after that okayaa?" asked Arjun. 

"dei semma idea. we have 3 rackets here. you bring yours too. doubles veladlam" Rakesh was excited. 

"and namma eppa language class start panna porom?" asked Sivaangi.

"innaike nalum I'm okay"

"Dei Ashwinuu vanthu 5 days aahittu, books a thoranthum paakala. again poi professors kita mutta vaanga elathu. remember namma mentor vera semma strict uh. neeyum apdiye inga variya. ivanga padikira neram nammalum discuss panni padikalam. as always namaku discussion than workout aahum, thaniya padicha thoongi valiyuvom"

"enaku okay machan, good idea. innaike start panlama? inga varingala naanga anga varava?" Ashwin agreed.

"inga vaanga. anga athaiku disturb. already ehappatta vela avangaluku" said Sivaangi hurriedly.

" yes, so today badminton mudichitu fresh aavitu padika start panlam" Rakesh supported Sivaangi.

"engaluku ok, eppa veetala thorathurathunu than pakuranga ingaiyum." huffed Arjun.

With few more minutes of talking the call ended. 

Sivaangi watered her mom's plants while Rakesh visited the fields with Muthukumar, younger brother of Sivakumar. They both were retired principals. Muthukumar looked after the works in fields while Sivakumar was the head of many societies and organizations. 

The family never treated Kamala as a worker, she was one in the family. There was no special meal cooked without sending the first parcel to Kamala. She was in her 40s and was loved by all. 

Sivaangi joined her grandma and Kamala akka and stood watching their works. Kamala left after helping to cook lunch. They all had lunch after Sivakumar came from his association meetings and retired to have a nap. 

Sivaangi wasn't sleepy so scrolled her phone watching IPL highlights. She didn't know anything about cricket but loved Virat Anushka's pair. But after 2023 IPL finals and Jadeja's batting, winning moment, MSD lifting sir Jadeja, she took an oath to watch the matches even if she didn't have cricket knowledge. Now she became addicted to watching Mahi's old highlights. 

Half an hour before the scheduled meeting Sivaangi called her mom to convey everything. She prayed and was quite nervous. She was confused if she was doing something she had the capability of. 

Rakesh came along with Ashwin and Arjun and settled in the dining table at 3.45pm. They noticed her nervousness and consoled her with motivating words. Rakesh gave a tap on her shoulder while Ashwin gave an assuring nod with his eyes.

"why do you worry, athaan naangalum help panna irukom la" Rakesh comforted his sister.

"illa naane olunga class ellam pohalla. etho self study panni exam ku mothal vaaram mattum day night aa mulichirunthu exam eluthinen. athulaim chemistry 9 units a just 1 month la padichi mudichen motha recordings ayum paathu. teach panra na deep knowledge irukanum. oru thani intelligence irukanum"

"athanala than naangalum solrom, see ipdi padiche you topped and teaching has always been your cup of tea." said Ashwin. 

"Doubts vanthalo, support theva pattalo naanga irukom la, and about chemistry, why do you worry when you have your KC" said Rakesh teasing and Sivaangi smiled while Ashwin blushed saying "dei Rakshuu"

"Enna KC you will help me right, my KING of CHEMISTRY " asked Sivaangi joining the tease.

Ashwin blushed more, smiling "yup madam"

"Arjun you should help me for Physics" and Arjun agreed. 

Ashwin and Arjun had been her biggest support systems during her studies since she didn't have a proper class. They would search the world to clear her doubts. Ashwin was really good at chemistry and Sivaangi considered him as her personal teacher for Chemistry. 

The discussion began and 6 girls had joined including Shwetha.

"so which subject you want me to do sisters"

"Akka, I need help for physics and chemistry" and others agreed. 

"sure dear, up to which lessons you have covered in your classes"

"we have finished up to organics in chemistry so 10 units out of 14. we are doing 5th and 6th parallelly in physics out of the 11."

"okay, chem is okay but you will have to cover the later parts in physics. they are important for essays. Electricity, electronics and Properties of matter which you haven't covered, each contribute an essay. okay now which units you want me to cover or do you expect me to revise what you have covered"

"sis, how about 1 class for theory and 1 for revision per week."

"that sounds great"

The discussion continued and the boys suggested their their opinions when she had her mic mute. It was a zoom meeting with videos off. 

"dears, in my opinion, I wouldn't suggest classes after 7pm as most of us are habituated to do self studies at night."

..........................

"as you all suggested, let's confirm 
Monday - 8 to 11 am Chemistry theory
Wednesday - 8 to 11 am Physics theory
Friday - 1 to 4 pm Chemistry revision
Saturday - 1 to 4 pm Physics revision"

" I would like you all to sit for a mock test at least once a week in my class"

............................

"okay then as you said,
Monday 5 to 6 pm Physics test
Wednesday 5 to 6 pm Chemistry test
you will write the answers and send me. I will mark them"

The girls asked about the payments for the class.

"I am still a student and not at all experienced like your teachers. so payments is up to you to suggest."

They said that teachers charged 500 LKR for 3h for English medium classes, Sivaangi knew it too, she attended the same classes after all.  She rejected that she was not going to charge the same amount reasoning that she was not at all equal to them. 

After a long discussions, Sivaangi announced that they could pay her 125 LKR for 3h, hence 1000 LKR for one subject per month. She was doing 2 subjects hence a total of 2000 LKR. She still felt it was too much for her because it wasn't about earning, her motto was to help students like her who couldn't get access to English medium classes. She said the exams will be free. 

They had English medium in her school up to 11 th grade and for Advanced levels they had to suddenly change to Tamil medium. Sivaangi and one of her friends decided they will study on their own and requested the school to apply the exam for them in English. There was at least one student in each batch in their school taking up this challenge. Sivaangi hence had to follow online classes and failed to cover the syllabus properly due to many struggles. She was almost depressed during the last few months of her exam. She studied all by herself referring the books. So she wanted to help students like her.

The meeting finally ended and the boys looked at her with pride. They were happy for their sister. 

"thank you guys for being there, ippo namma badminton start panlam" said Sivaangi excitedly. She was happy about taking initiatives for her first step.

Before beginning their game in the garden, Ashwin and Rakesh made tea and served their grandparents and they joined to watch them play for sometimes.

"naanum KC um oru team" announced Sivaangi making Ashwin smile.

Mahalakshmi and Sivakumar left after 15 minutes to talk to their children through phone.

They played doubles and Sivaangi was huffing and breathing hard after 20 minutes. Ashwin and Rakesh were engaged in sports at University and Arjun being an active boy, they were cool. Sivaangi was home leading a sedentary life all these months so it was hard for her to play continuously. Arjun and Rakesh continued the game while Ashwin accompanied Sivaangi giving her water. 

"hey naan ipdi quick ah tired aahureney pah" worried Sivaangi.

"madam MOM'S little PRINCESS la, and thavariyum kaiya kaala move panni workout panna maatinga. athu poha poha sariyahidum, namma venumna daily veladalam"

"really? wow thank you so much KC, daily varanum sariya, you play really well, I have zero knowledge in sports but pudikum, enaku solli tharingala ?"  Sivaangi squealed in happiness.

"ok madam" Ashwin smiled seeing the kid in front of him.

"apdi enna thaanda 24 mani neramum 2 perum pesipinga. anga irunthalum 1h call la pesuringa" asked Rakesh in real confusion.

"athellam onaku sonna puriyathu machan" reverted Ashwin back making Rakesh to fake a spit.

They all resumed the game while talking. 

"Hey... naan books ethuvum.... kondu varala pa..... epdi teach panrathu.... Wednesday class start pannanum." Sivaangi said simultaneously hitting her shuttle. 

"en notes and books.... kondu varen. Tamil thaan but ..... you manage pannikuvinga..... innum 2 weeks thane ..... apram veetuku poiduvingala" Arjun replied. 

"video on panniya seirathu?" asked Ashwin.

"yes pa Shwetha sonna video kattayam nu, lively aa irukum la"

"hmm true, place, white board ellam fix pannanum la" reminded Ashwin.

"ada ama la we have only 1 day, naan amma kita solluren white board onnu vaanga solli"

"athelam pannikalam, enga veetla onnu iruku, atha kodu varom." Arjun suggested.

"tomorow camera set panni ellam check pannidalam. you get ready revising the notes" said Ashwin assuring. 

"kuduthu vecha pulla ma nee. Parunga 2 machan marum adichikitu support panranunga." said Rakesh with a bit of sarcasm but he was honestly happy for the love she received. 

"yup bro, athukelam oru moharasi venum."

"Arjun any plans?" asked Rakesh.

"illa Rakshu machan, namaku chilling thaan mukiyam. vanga venum na business panlam"

"hey nejamava? I have always wanted to open a CAFE, cute aa aesthetic aa, semmaya irukum la, inga oru cafe illayum kooda" said Sivaangi stopping her game. 

"adengappa naan chumma joke ku sonnen" laughed Arjun.

"ada ponga pa" Sivaangi was disappointed. 

"but oru ICT course follow pannanum, ippave illa, papom. Madam um kooda varuveenga la" Arjun was serious.

"eyyyy athu KC koopdra peru madam ngrathu, neenga puthusa onnu veinga by the way naan illama epdi naanum varuven ennayum sethukonga, appa thaan engamma thyriyama anuppum" said Sivaangi which made Ashwin the happiest.

"ayyo inga paru machn intha natpu thollaya, sari appa sir nu koopdava"

"Arjunnnnn... nejamalume solren pa... enna per veikalam enakku?"

"muyal nu veinga, you always hop like a bunny" said Arjun.

"aww cute uh... mosal kutty nu sweet aa vechikalam" said Sivaangi with dreamy eyes.

"mosal kutty ok la KC?" asked Sivaangi. Ashwin nodded a yes chuckling while his mv said 'antha kutty a thavirthu irukalam'

"sir permission kudutha than madam othukuvanga" Rakesh joked.

"ponga na, enga friendship patha onagalukellam poramai " pouted Sivaangi

They ended their game after an hour and got refreshed. Completing their prayers and drinking a lemon juice prepared by Mahalakshmi saying that they would be tired after playing, they headed to their works. 

Ashwin and Rakesh sat in Rakesh's room study table with their laptops while Sivaangi and Arjun took the dining table. Arjun taught the tenses in written form in Sinhala patiently for an hour from 6.45pm - 7.45pm and all 4 took a break for 15 minutes to check on Mahalakshmi. 

They said they will make the dinner, she refused saying them to continue their works. The cousins didn't listen and headed to kitchen and started making Dosa and Tomato chutney which was Ashwin's favorite. The 3 boys did almost all the works leaving a pouting Sivaangi to watch everything. 

"ipdi yarumey enaku theriyathu nu othuki vecha naan eppa palaguratham. enakkonum aasa ellam illa than samaika kathuka but you guys are all keeping me away while cooking" she said honestly. She wasn't interested in cooking but these 3 men cooking was too handsome to watch and she felt like she wasn't involved. 

"ayyo madam, come here Dosa sudunga" called Ashwin.

Sivaangi went happily, stood next to him and snatched the spoon from him. Ashwin held the pan with his left hand and Sivaangi stood to his right and poured the batter but was disappointed for not getting a round Dosa. She pouted.

"enaku round varala pa neengaley podunga"

"hey first apdi thaan varum, come I'll help you" 

He held the spoon with his right hand without touching her hand and guided to take batter. They poured it and his hand touched hers in the process. Sivaangi felt it and a sudden shiver strike but ignored it and focused on Dosa while it affected Ashwin badly. He felt electricity passing through him and was unable to focus on anything.

"eyyy loosu KC paarunga vattam varala, ungaluku theriyathu, I'll call Arjun or bro"

"hey no no wait, athu enaku pan sariya theriyala" he hurried and held the spoon with a small of his palm over hers. He stood beside her not wanting to embarrass them by standing behind, completely locking her. 

He knew her strict morals and respected them. So even if she forgets them, he was going to follow them for her and take care of her the way she wished to be taken care of.  

How was the chapter? Please say your opinions for this chap, i don't have experience so want to know if this was boring.

Comment and vote if you liked it

so here starts the new journey, let's see how she proceeds with the help of people around her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
4.1K 352 56
Add to reading list now or else you might not find this book again 😉 (#ASHAANGI second lead) A princess who had lost her lover, was broken after hi...
32.4K 3.7K 42
𝐀 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐈𝐬 𝐉𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐀𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 😈👹 𝐃𝐮𝐞...
17.4K 2.5K 17
Ananth and Sadhana get married. Will they fall in love? Yes, they absolutely will. He will be unable to stop himself from admiring her. She will b...