Every Arc Ends with My Death

Galing kay Aomine-san

For an extra inside a novel, there is no concept of life and death, and the clock never stops ticking with or... Higit pa

Chapter 1. The Prologue of a Tragedy (I)
Chapter 2. The Prologue of a Tragedy (II)
Chapter 3. And So, We Meet Again
Chapter 4. Bad Timing Reunion
Chapter 5. A Gusty and Daring Maid (I)
Chapter 6. A Gutsy and Daring Maid (II)
Chapter 7. Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 8. Special Treatment
Chapter 9. Flowers and Fortune
Chapter 10. A Fateful Encounter
Chapter 11. Fears and Tears
Chapter 12. Temptations
Chapter 13. Leila
Chapter 14. Parting Ways
Chapter 15. Whose Side?
Chapter 16. Heaven-sent
Chapter 17. Willing Lips
Chapter 18. Arrogance
Chapter 19. Princess of the East
Chapter 20. Scarred
Chapter 21. Love and Madness
Chapter 22. Trust
Chapter 23. Desires
Chapter 24. Lilith
Chapter 25. Illusory
Chapter 26. What Love Cannot
Chapter 27. Farewell
Chapter 28. Ruth Alessia di Camellia
Chapter 29. The Second Death
Chapter 30. Poisoned Spring
End of Season 1 -- NOTE --
Chapter 31. The Summer We Reunited
Chapter 32. History
Chapter 33. Something Dangerous
Chapter 34. Crossing Paths
Chapter 35. Haniel
Chapter 36. Curse and Promise
Chapter 37. Lover
Chapter 38. Heart to Heart
Chapter 39. Villains
Chapter 40. The Spring Named Isabelle
Chapter 41. The Way I Love You
Chapter 42. Love Me, Love Me Not
Chapter 43. Allies
Chapter 44. Intimacy
Chapter 45. Departure
Chapter 46. Disappearance
Chapter 47. Selfish, Ugly, and Vile
Chapter 48. Twisted
Chapter 49. The Third Death
Chapter 50. Treacherous Summer
End of Season 2 -- NOTE --
Chapter 51. The Fall of Leaves and Man
Chapter 52. An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 53. Foes and Woes
Chapter 54. Two Suns
Chapter 55. You
Chapter 56. Partners
Chapter 57. The Autumn We Reunited
NOTICE
Chapter 58. Confession
Chapter 59. Her Highness and Her Forces
Chapter 60. Double Agent
Chapter 61. The Grandiose Plan
Chapter 62. Memories
Chapter 63. The Truth Untold
Chapter 64. We Were There
Chapter 65. A Knight's Vow
Chapter 66. First Love
Chapter 67. Seasons
Chapter 68. Trap
Chapter 69: Sacrifice
Chapter 70. Immovable Fall
End of Season 3 -- NOTE --
Chapter 71. The First Snow
Chapter 72: Family
Chapter 73: Callista
Chapter 74: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 75: Alone in the Snow
Chapter 77: You, Whom I Love
Chapter 78: The Final Death
Chapter 79: Everlasting Winter
Chapter 80: The Epilogue of a Tragedy
Author's Note
NEW STORY ALERT!

Chapter 76: Revolution

181 14 16
Galing kay Aomine-san

Of course, an extra like me could never hope to defeat the devil by myself. That much, I knew.

That's exactly why I've been anticipating the main character's appearance in the final arc. Presently, no one can stand against the antagonist but him.

Only Haniel Calypso Astana has the power to counter the devil incarnate, who has finally unleashed the full extent of her powers.

As soon as the two of us were reunited, Haniel casted a barrier of magic around us, temporarily shielding ourselves from the army of the dead.

"Took you long enough," I told him, my voice taut with anger. I was not able to hide my exasperation due to the pain and exhaustion of my own body.

"I truly apologize." He gently placed his hand on my shoulder and began treating my self-inflicted injury. Blue and yellow shades of healing magic engulfed my skin, filling me with a cool sensation.

While tending to my wound, Haniel's eyes roamed around before landing his gaze on the devil, who was watching us with an indifferent disposition.

"Look at that witch, not moving an inch despite my arrival." He was smiling, but Haniel seemed insulted. "Lilith must be looking down on me."

When Haniel received no reply from my end, the mage glanced over me and immediately noticed my fatigue. He wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I'm sorry. You must be exhausted." He remarked apologetically, nudging his face on my neck. "It's okay. I am here now, Callie. I will protect you."

"Yeah," My face softened at his gesture.

He leveled his gaze with my face, his purple eyes gazing earnestly at me like I'm the center of the universe. He then whispered, "I missed you."

"We were only apart for a few days." I replied.

"Even so, I missed you. I almost lost my mind."

My senses tingled when Haniel towered over my figure and hungrily claimed my unresisting lips.

I know it wasn't the right time and place for it, but it seems that our longing and desire for each other got the better of us in the heat of that moment.

There we stood in the sunless battlefield, sharing each other's taste and ravishing the lips of one another. Within the small barrier enclosing us, we surrendered to our inflamed passion in what seemed to be a small crack on the entire globe.

"Callista..." Haniel murmured my name.

Both of us were intoxicated by the lascivious gaze we threw into each other. We were drowned in moans and growls with each touch, ignoring the bevy of skeletons trying to invade our little world.

Who gives a shit about the devil when the love of your life is in your arms? I just want to hold him.

After a few minutes, we finally pulled away from our kiss. Still, Haniel held my face close into his, refusing to let me go.

"Where were you?" I asked him, short of breath.

"Well, that's..." His eyes were still focused on me, filled with desire.

Instead of answering me, the mage lowered his head and began sucking a portion of my skin.

A moan escaped my lips, and I grabbed his shoulders to support my weakened legs.

I raised my head to the skies and saw Lilith staring intensely at a certain direction. For some reason, she looked alarmed. Does she not give a fuck?

"H-Haniel... This isn't the right time for this."

"Fret not." He whispered over my skin, and his breath made me shudder. "They'll be here soon."

They?

Soon enough, I understood what he meant. My eyes widened in shock when the sound of trotting and neighing horses got louder and louder by the second. I looked over the source of the noise with anticipation, and my face brightened when the flag of the Cecilian empire appeared in sight.

"The imperial knights..." I blurted out, feeling a sense of hope. "You brought reinforcements?"

He nodded.

The imperial knights were led by Garet, one of Princess Odette's trusted men whom I previously met in the south during our preparation. Like all the other knights, he was clad in steel, carrying a sword, and donning the regal imperial badge.

"Move forward!" Garet shouted. It was the first time I saw the middle-aged knight full of fervor.

He's only an extra like me, yet he's so charismatic.

"If we fail to kill the devil's minions here and now, they'll invade the capital and endanger the city!"

The imperial knights screamed with conviction.

"Make sure to defeat every last one of them! Move forward, offer your lives, and do not hesitate! Our order exists solely for the safety and prosperity of the empire!" Garet asserted, leading the charge.

As they trotted past our spot, the battle between the imperial knights and the army of the dead started. The sound of blades clashing with one another filled the snow-covered land of Chioni.

Earlier, I was all alone in the snow.

And it felt like I was fighting a losing battle.

But now, with the arrival of the main character and his reinforcements, the tide has turned.

It was no longer a one-sided attack from the devil.

This was war. We were already at war.

"You look relieved." Haniel told me. "But that's not all. You'd be surprised to know who else is here."

"Huh?" I blinked many times. "Who else?"

He caressed my head. "Look above you, my love."

I did as he told me and lifted my gaze to the skies.

To my astonishment, the devil incarnate has been surrounded by numerous figures clad in jet black robes with red outlines. I instantly recognized that outfit, and a sense of longing engulfed my heart.

Mages. They were mages from the tower.

I used to be one of them during my life as Allari.

This time, Lilith seemed like she was pushed into a corner. All this time, she looked imperturbable and all-knowing in the skies, but it seems that she did not see this coming. Her face was contorted.

"Greetings, Lilith of the evil myths." One of the mages elevated himself towards her. "You killed my son. What kind of father wouldn't avenge his own son's death?"

When his face turned to our direction, my heart melted upon recognition. His grey hair and facial wrinkles were the proof of his long-term pursuit of magic. It was Sir Ion, Haniel's adoptive father.

"I'm alive, though." My lover whispered softly.

Anyway, he must be referring to that incident when Alistair was in cahoots with the devil.

They killed Haniel, but he was resurrected.

That being said, does it mean that he's here too?

"Are you searching for your brother?" Haniel queried when he noticed me looking around.

"What? No." I answered rather defensively.

"He's here," He smiled. "I told him to come."

Servan.

My heart clenched at the memory of him.

He was the only family I had in this novel. After betraying Haniel in order to break the curse that rendered me mute, I loathed him with a passion.

But, you see... Love and hate come hand in hand.

I despised him, but I also missed my sibling dearly.

Still, the fact that he betrayed us remains.

"Even if he's here, what of it?" I frowned. "I have nothing to say to Servan. I am no longer Allari."

Haniel was forgiving, but not me. I hold grudges.

I returned my gaze to Lilith, who was outnumbered by the cluster of mages.

Sir Ion signaled to all the wizards of the tower.

At his cue, they all mustered their magic to form one massive spell. In a few seconds, a tawny and translucent prison-like barrier encaged the devil.

"Is that suppose to subdue her?" I asked, doubtful.

"No, that won't be enough to defeat her." Haniel said calmly. "But that would give us more time."

I turned to him. "Time to do what, exactly?"

Haniel pursed his lips, contemplating.

"To sever the contract between Lilith and Ruth."

I inhaled sharply.

"The devil is exponentially more powerful because the grand duchess is offering life force to her." He explained to me. "We need to sever their contract to weaken Lilith. She's too strong at the moment."

"And how are we supposed to do so?" I demanded.

"Well, you're the best bet." Haniel said bluntly and blew a sigh. "Can you talk some sense into Ruth?"

"No." I stated with certainty. "If I could, I would've done it earlier. None of this would be happening, and I would've been home having sex with you."

His cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "Callie!"

"I'm serious! I won't be able to convince her."

"Even so, can you still try for me?" he pleaded.

I was rendered speechless. Haniel rarely makes any entreaty, so when he does, I cannot refuse.

"Fine," I sighed in defeat. "I was tired of fighting, anyway. It's about time I put my mouth into use."

A little smile formed on his lips.

"However, the way I see it, the grand duchess is under a trance. Will my words even get through her? Besides, how would I be able to talk in this battlefield? I'd be dead before I can even speak."

"Well, I hired someone highly competent for that." Haniel remarked and signaled using his hand.

He was looking at something past my shoulder, so I turned around. My lips parted when I saw more than seven figures standing before us. When did they get here? I never heard any of their steps!

They were all clad in black from head to toe, so I couldn't see their faces. However, one of them stepped forward, and his green eyes and good physique seemed awfully familiar. Who is he?

"You know, hitmen are hired to kill people, not to protect them." He spoke playfully. "Still, if it's for you, I suppose I can make an exception, Kallen."

The man removed the mask covering his face.

"Yo," He waved his hand. "Long time no see!"

It was my boss during the third arc, and perhaps the only friend I had when I was the executioner.

"Ashen?" I called his name out sentimentally.

I couldn't believe it. All the important characters that I met in the previous arcs are gathered here in one place to participate in the deciding battle.

The truth is, this isn't how the story goes.

In the final arc of the story, Haniel Calypso Astana should be fighting the devil incarnate alone, and he was destined to defeat Lilith all by himself.

The imperial knights, the mages from the tower, even the hitmen... None of them were mentioned in the final arc. They were all mere extras like me.

Somehow, it felt like a revolution against the novel by all of us, who were treated no more than bugs that can be disposed anytime. It felt so comforting.

Because even side characters like us can fight.

"I wanted to show them..." Haniel gently took my hand. "That even extras can change the story."

I stared at him, my eyes welled up with tears.

"Isn't that right, my dearest love interest?" Haniel smiled softly. "Let's live happily ever after, okay?"

---

Hi. I might end this story in five chapters.

Originally, I had planned for the final arc to be at least 20 chapters like the previous ones, but I think there's no point in stretching the plot and prolonging the story needlessly.

Still, I don't want to rush the ending too, so I might go for five chapters at least or ten chapters at most before the main story ends. Either way, this story will be finished soon, and it's just so bittersweet.

Sorry for the long note. Just gave you a heads up.

Thank you, everyone!

Yours Truly,
Aomine-san

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

4.5K 216 9
❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬...
9.4K 341 52
SYPNOSIS MC was given the opportunity to turn back time and RESTART her life in one condition...SHE NEEDS TO SAVE FIVE PEOPLE FROM THE TRAGEDY OF THE...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
155K 12.3K 92
(Cale x W.s) Red had meant everything to him, and one day, he saw the very red he thought he would never see again. This was reason why he started...