Will You Be Mine? Kion x Amani

By CalTheDragon22

I know that Lion Guard has been gone for a very long time but it was still a very good show. This is about ho... More

Author's Notes
Scar's Attack
The Journey To The Jungle
The Tale of Two Brothers
A Romantic Sparring Session
I'm looking for, Utopia!
Scar's Plan

Still Here With You

11 2 0
By CalTheDragon22

Amani's P.O.V

We walked back towards the Cave of Roots whilst the rest of the Jungle Watch carried Kion towards the healers cave inside the palace to rest. I knew he'd be alright but it brought back memories. Painful memories to see Kion like that. He was strong, like my parents. But they went to the other side. Kion is the only one who can quite understand my pain fully. We've both got responsibilities, felt lost and just understand each other. The last thing my parents ever said to me was, "I will always love you." The one thing I need to say to Kion sooner rather than later. Now I fear that I may never say those words to him.

Kiara must've felt worse. Her brother was attacked by her other brother. She was split in the middle. Hate one or care for the other. And she's the older brother to one and younger sister to the other. He walked over to where Kion roared and I heard him say something. About being a mess, how he left things off with someone called Vitani, but I don't know if that's the reason he turned evil. He betrayed family, but despite how Kion came across from the start to him, in the end, he had the heart to risk his life for someone who doesn't deserve it, only to be stabbed in the back. And now Kopa was going on trial, with no one going on his side. Kiara is a direct family member but she refused to support Kopa. Kopa's allegiance was questionable. He was deceived by Scar, but then again, weren't we all?

Does that mean that Shetani is just another piece of the puzzle. But like Kopa, is he disposable? Is he next. No, he can't be. He's got too many followers. But we captured them? So now he's got no one. He won't be coming back without an army. But maybe that's what Scar wanted. Shetani to be vulnerable so we focus on him and not him. But how can we stop a lion head made of fire?

We arrived at the Cave of Roots where Kion was set down to rest. Only time would tell. Luckily Kopa didn't bite too hard. And his aim is terrible. He couldn't hit Kion into the tree, thank the Kings. I went to rest whilst the healers got to work on Kion. Kiara, Kovu, Bunga and Ono were shown a place they could stay. And then the King and Queen got a report from Bakari, the captain of the royal guard. I'd lost the will to do anything until I knew Kion was okay, so I was just thinking. Trying to crack the code, figure out Scar's plan. He couldn't possibly want to be a mentor, but what else could he be. Could he potentially come back to life. No, he's already been resurrected. He isn't that much of a threat if we can convince his followers to quit. To see their actual worth to him. I couldn't understand it, but Kopa's trial was set to start soon. I had to be there. For Kion.

***

Nala's P.O.V

I'm worried for Simba. He worries too much that Kion is being  influenced by Amani. But I really think that he's just scared that Kion's grown up like Kiara, and love is imminent. His father and mother never told him how love takes you on a journey which can take you anywhere. And that means, Kiara and Kion never learnt that. Kiara and Kovu were always going to rule here, but Kion, he may move on and live somewhere else.

Just then, Rafiki ran into the cave."Nala, Nala! There is a great threat to come to the Pridelands. Scar will soon turn back into a lion, trading physical forms with the invader of the Jungle."

"Rafiki, how do we stop this?", I questioned, very worried.

"We can't. An army of previously departed lions will march in great numbers. Thousands of them under Scar's control, meaning that the roar must return if we are to have peace.", he replied and I instantly knew the pain we'd put both Kion and Amani through.

***

Kopa's Trial

Amani's P.O.V

"Does the accused deny any of the following accusations:

Attempted murder

Plotting to overthrow monarchy

Association with a warlord?," asked the judge.

"No, your honour.", replied Kopa, who had to fight for himself.

"Your honour.", began an unfamiliar voice, though the mere sound made Pridelanders, especially Kopa turn to the source! "If I may, this lion may have committed the following crimes, but he was influenced by the warlord Scar. As were those soldiers who have now been given a chance to 'turn around' their actions and prove themselves. I'm sure that Kopa's allegiance is questionable to many, though how could we possibly deny him a second chance without denying others the same?"

It was a lioness, one who had a similar colour of fur to Haki, the desert lion. She spoke with such authority, such passion. Kopa's face lit up in an instant, the voice seemingly dazzling to him.

"Vitani?",asked Kopa, unsure whether or not this lioness was who he believed it was. The name he'd mentioned when talking to himself. His relationship with Vitani must've been complicated, most likely because of the two families history. One were the former rulers, evil infested into their hearts, the others kind and true rulers, with a warm spirit and unconditional generosity oozing out of them.

"The jury has decided that Kopa should have two charges of community service and one week of curfew. This court is adjourned.", said the judge before walking out with members of the jury.

I felt anger boiling inside me, with Kopa getting away with his crimes. Well not really but what sort of punishment was community service for a week and a curfew? His actions were criminal, and his is getting away with it all because of some random lioness who clearly isn't welcome. I stormed off towards Kion, alone.

Once I arrived, Kion was awake, and he was alone. It was like a dream. Just me and him, together. "Hey Sparky, how are you?", I asked, already calmer than before.

"Good, thanks.",he replied as Kopa walked into the room, ruining this moment. Kopa was always ruining things.

"Amani, could you leave us alone for a moment?", Kopa asked me, all innocent-like which was sickening. This was new for Kopa. And I didn't like it.

"No! N O. Not if you were the last person in all of the Jungle of Roots. There is nothing you can say that will make you ever trust you again.", I replied, maybe a bit harsher than intended but Kopa seemed to have anticipated this.

"Look, if it'll make you feel better, you can stay with your boyfriend but I need to say this..."

We both blushed, but before I could respond, he started singing? At least I wouldn't have to say we're just friends because to me, we aren't.

Everybody loves the things you do
From the way you talk
To the way you move
Everybody here is watching you
'Cause you feel like home
You're like a dream come true

But if by chance you're here alone
Can I have a moment?
Before I go?
'Cause I've been by myself all night long
Hoping you're someone I used to know

You look like a movie
You sound like a song
My God this reminds me, of when we were young

Let me photograph you in this light
In case it is the last time
That we might be exactly like we were
Before we realised
We were scared of getting old
It made us restless
It was just like a movie
It was just like a song

I was so scared to face my fears
Nobody told me that you'd be here
And I'd swear you moved overseas
That's what you said, when you left me

You still look like a movie
You still sound like a song
My God, this reminds me, of when we were young

Let me photograph you in this light
In case it is the last time
That we might be exactly like we were
Before we realised

We were sad of getting old
It made us restless
It was just like a movie
It was just like a song

When we were young
(When we were young)
When we were young
(When we were young)

It's hard to win me back
Everything just takes me back
To when you were there

And a part of me keeps holding on
Just in case it hasn't gone
I guess I still care
Do you still care?

It was just like a movie
It was just like a song
My God, this reminds me
Of when we were young

When we were young
(When we were young)
When we were young
(When we were young)Let me photograph you in this light
In case it is the last time
That we might be exactly like we were
Before we realised
We were sad of getting old

It made us restless
Oh I'm so mad I'm getting old
It makes me reckless

It was just like a movie
It was just like a song
When we were young

Kopa finished, and I was actually in tears. I know that I shouldn't, but I was. He had set off something inside me, as if he'd changed after realising his actions. I wasn't sure whether or not Kion would accept Kopa's justification. If he felt as if he had been abandoned when Kion was born, I was sorry for him. He said that he still cares, and that is some deep stuff. But he made me feel as if he was almost competing with Kion, and I felt like that once with my old family, I was always trying to live up to my parents. Though I was never able to match their ability, and they died telling me they were lucky I was theirs, but I never told them I loved them that day. And it still haunts me to this very day. I decided to leave the room and talk to Jungle Watch, hoping that they'll take my mind off these thoughts, and help me figure out Scar's plan.

Kion's P.O.V

I couldn't believe that Kopa had actually expressed his feelings and how others made him feel. But if he felt like that, that's why our relationship is so toxic. Or, it was toxic. I think he's re-evaluating everything. His morals, his beliefs, his relationships with others. He looked, happy. He'd just got that off his chest.

"Kion, I'm so sorry for everything. I wish I knew about Scar's plan but in truth, he only told me what he wanted me to know. He never told me anything else and he tricked me but regardless I joined the dark side. Can you forgive me little brother?", he asked, tears now in his eyes. I could hear the voice inside me speak up, urging me to forgive him.

"Of course, but don't go from jealous to spying on me like big brother please.", I joked and we both laughed. It was something new, something unexpected. And it wasn't at all unwelcome. Just like I said, unexpected.

"So Kion, Vitani's here and wants to speak to you about leaving and heading back to the Pridelands right now.", he added, noticing my rapid change of expression.

"Okay, thanks. Tell her I'm coming out.", I ordered Kopa in a soft tone which was most likely uncanny for Kopa to hear someone demand something kindly and calmly. Not when he was in cahoots with Scar. He slowly walked out to inform Vitani. I watched him leave, still resting on a rock only a few centimetres off the ground. After a few moments, I stood up with minor struggles. My paw still ached and I was hearing voices in my head. Screams of pain and agony? I saw a vision, Pride Rock was on fire, every Pridelander was in danger and I was racing back only to find pain.

As I walked outside, all eyes fell on me. I saw Vitani, an angry expression on her face.

"Kion, we must leave for the Pridelands now. Scar never wanted to take over the Jungle of Roots. He only wanted to get rid of the roar and get you away. I came here because there's an army of lions under Scar's control attacking us now. Scar's back, but not as fire, as flesh.", she said, gasps could be heard in response. It was as if our tragedy had reached the hearts of many, and the pain and relief some were in that they couldn't do anything about it.

"I've already gathered everyone else up.", said Kovu. "We've said our goodbyes so you say yours whilst we head off towards the end of the Jungle."

One by one, I said goodbye to the Jungle Watch until all that was left was the royal family. Ahmed hugged me, tears in his eyes.

"Thank you.", he whispered.

"No, thank you.", I replied." You'll be a great leader of the Jungle Watch one day."

I broke the hug and walked over to the King and Queen.

"Kion, you've helped us in more ways than one. We owe you our lives.", said the King in a warm voice.

"You will always be welcomed here, Kion.", added the Queen in a kind voice.

"Thank you, your majesties.", I responded, knowing that the last goodbye would be the hardest yet.

I walked over to Amani, tears in her eyes. Before I could say anything, she hugged me and I hugged her back. Words were too hard. This pain could never go away.

"Bye Sparky. Thank you, for everything.", she said through tears. I smiled, knowing that I'll never forget that night we met.

"No, thank you. Amani, you'll be an amazing queen one day.", I said, making her smile.

I slowly walked off, with Amani heading off in the other direction. The pain was too unbearable.

I ran ahead of everyone, they could quite clearly see my state and left me alone. We exited the Jungle and began our trek just as it was twilight. My favourite time of day, ruined. We stopped to rest, thoughts swelling and racing through my head. I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk. I came across a pond and saw my reflection in it. And Amani's too.

Amani's P.O.V

After I said goodbye to Kion, I ran off to the place where we first met. I had to spend some alone time. I reached the area by nightfall, and looked into a pond. I saw my reflection. And Kion's too.

Kion and Amani Duet...

Still- by Noah Kahan

Amani

I don't, I don't, I don't wanna say goodbye

It only falls into place when you're falling to pieces
You find love that lasts a while 'til you lose the reasons
Saying God, I'm alive
But the whole place is quiet
And there's something that you can't place
But you can't deny it
Don't know whether you want a place in the coast or the country
Can't stay here, it's hard to face and it feels too ugly
Light a fire inside yourself, let it burn
Stare up at a starless sky and you say

Kion and Amani

It's like I'm still here with you
I don't, I don't, I don't wanna say goodbye

Kion

The past coming back with the light in the morning
Look down on myself like a patient in surgery
And I used to watch my mother move
Like God was in the room
It's a bottomless hole I found out here with a trace of no-one
Grab a past box of photos, I rip myself open
I'm in bed and I'm wondering
If I'm callous but hoping
Can I fix what is broken?

Kion and Amani

It's like I'm still here with you
I don't, I don't, I don't wanna say goodbye
It's like I'm still here with you
I don't, I don't, I don't wanna say goodbyeOhIt's like I'm still here with you
It's like I'm still here with you
I don't, I don't, I don't wanna say goodbye

 Kion- It only falls into place when you're falling to pieces
Amani- You find love that lasts a while 'til you lose the reasons
Kion- You say God, I'm alive
Amani- But the whole place is quiet

 Kion- And there's something that you can't place

Amani and Kion- But you can't deny it

Hope you enjoyed this chapter of Will You Be Mine? I've finished two chapters this weekend. :) Please let me know what you think of this chapter. The next will be all about Scar and his evil plan. It will be Scar's version of these events and how he managed to launch an attack on the Pridelands. And we finally understand how he and Shetani switched physical places. Shetani is now stuck in hell and Scar is ruling an Empire.

Thanks for reading

Peace,

Word count- 2780 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 163 15
First KionxFuli story. As the guard is in their teenage or young adult years, a lion has feel over for a specific cheetah. Will things go the way the...
47.2K 461 16
Alternate universe where the lion guard doesn't exist. Kion gets mistreated by his older brother as a cub and fights back with anger and hate, then s...
12.7K 170 13
I started this story when I first saw "Friends to the End", and gave up on it once Kion ended up with Rani. I don't know how often I'll update, but...
6.8K 42 16
Kion has a Nightmare. It involves someone of his father's past but there is one problem... only Kion can see him. Will his Family and Friends as well...