Journey of Her

By Ashaangiawf

Life of a 19 year old girl with dreams and how she fulfills them. A girl who loves her family and cousins. Di... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Characters
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 8
Chapter: 9
Chapter: 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 19

Chapter: 5

141 12 7
By Ashaangiawf

Long chapter ahead. please read from start to end without skipping. I have included important back rounds of characters in the middle. Please do read without missing to understand the flow the story and the characters.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't wake her up she might be tired" 

"Oh please, how peacefully she is sleeping, she is so cute"
"Sivu myni, Sivu myni wake up see who's here... your favorite myni is here.... come on butterbread............. hey you just opened your eyes. wake up please"
"Moni leave her, let her sleep"
"Butter... ok then... you continue your beauty sleep"

Sivaangi opened her eyes halfheartedly with so much struggle not wanting to let go of her beautiful sleep. She widened her eyes and they twinkled with joy seeing who was in front of her. Abinaya was smiling widely, looked at Sivaangi lovingly. On either sides of her were Priya and Monika, who was stroking Sivaangi's cheeks with her cute little hands. What a blissful morning to wake up. 

Abi widened her hands and Sivaangi immediately engulfed her in a tight hug. 
"Congratulations Sivu myni. I am so happy for you."
"How are you Abi, I missed you"
"I missed you too. you have become even prettier. " said Abi still in the hug. 
"hey you, don't start your compliments now." Sivaangi left after giving a pat at her back. 
"you never accept it. but you are the prettiest in the family. you have got the most beautiful eyes and a flawless fair skin." commented Abi as always. 

It wasn't a lie and Abi honestly felt Sivaangi as the most beautiful person in and out. 
"okay my sweetie, I am melt. thanks for your complements" smiled Sivaangi as she knew  Abi truly admired her.
"but, of all I love your inner beauty. you have the most beautiful heart" Abi voiced out genuinely.
"look who is saying that? the sweetest soul on earth" Sivaangi replied which earned her another hug from Abi.

They used to have this conversation every time they met. Sivaangi and Abi had a 5 years age gap. Abi was a mature girl like Priya and they both had so much respect on Sivaangi. Priya and Abi were a year apart and were very good friends. 

Their conversation was disturbed when Shwetha barged into the room shouting "machchiiiiii...." and jumped on the bed throwing herself on Sivaangi. Priya and Monika chuckled while Abi made a disgusting face looking at her dramatic sister.
"sister, leave her  and please let her breathe, she just woke up" hurried Abi.

"oh sorry. you people have a problem only with my actions. that's fine.  Machchi congratulations. I told you, you were gonna ace it. and you just kept on worrying about results after writing the exams to top level. am so happy for you. from now onwards you will take official classes for me." blabbered Shwetha non stop and Sivaangi chuckled. 

"thank you for your predictions machchi"... said Sivaangi and that went on for sometimes until they finally left Sivaangi to freshen up. 

Sivaangi had woken up at 4 as usual, finished her prayers and felt sleepy since she had nothing to do. so slept again around 6. 

---------------------------------------

Ramkumar's family lives at Kandy. It takes an average of 2h to reach their natives from Kandy. But Ramkumar was a fast driver. So it took him barely 1h and 15 min to travel here. 

He was quite fast in everything. Achieved so much at a young age. He works in gynaecology department. His wife Anusha working in nephrology department was always updated with time and supported Ramkumar in everything he put himself into. They owned several lands in many parts of the country. He would buy and sell when the demand increases for the land. He did a car business too and had invested on few other factories. He had his own hospital built which was running successfully employing many other doctors. 

That was his part time and he had appointed Sivakumar as the managing director of the hospital. He was known for his excellent service and dedication at government hospital. Government provided free health at excellent quality. 

Sivakumar and his children were famous in the country for their loyalty in service to public. They were all government servants having their first motto to help people. Honesty, Loyalty and Dedication were embedded in their genes and ran through their blood for Sivakumar's family and the son in law and daughters in law carried the family legacy perfectly. The 3 pairs were humble and down to earth. They were very careful in teaching the same to their kids and to not  forget their roots; where they came from; from a simple middle class couple SIVAKUMAR and MAHALAKSHMI. 

--------------------------------------

Ramkumar's family exchanged greetings with Binni's family and others. Ramkumar and Anusha gifted an I-Pad each for Arjun and Sivaangi. They received it happily after getting their parents' approval. The phone Arjun and Sivaangi were using now was gifted by Ramkumar 3 years back when they achieved good results in ordinary level exam. They were 16 back then. It was their first phone so it was sentimental and the fact that their most favorite uncle gifted them made it more special.  Ramkumar had discussed with Ashwin and Rakesh on what device should he buy which could be useful for their university studies and the brothers suggested a tab would help them.

The family had their breakfast happily at their ancestral home. Old couple were in ecstasy to see them all together. Mahalakshmi along with the help of Binni, Vanathi and Vaidehi had prepared a delicious simple breakfast. Arjun and Dev, Ramkumar's son were the highlight because of their humor sense that kept the morning as active as possible. 

Ashwin and Sivaangi had met and greeted before settling for breakfast. Their eyes met few times during the breakfast and Ashwin eyed Rakesh and Shwetha who were serving each other. Ashwin indicated with his eyes to make a note of them to tease later and Sivaangi nodded a yes with her eyes smiling.

Cousins gathered at Binni's main hall to plan their day. It was Saturday and Ramkumar, Binni's family will stay here for the weekend as they had to attend their duty on Monday. They managed to get 2 days leave after convincing the fellow workers to compensate their duties once they get back. 

Since they had an early breakfast, they had plenty of time left until lunch time. Hence they decided it would be splendid to go on a walk and visit the river. When they went to get the approval from their parents, Lakshmikanthan placed his opinion that it might take much more time than they think and they won't be home for lunch. 

Binni and Anusha suggested them to fetch something like homemade sandwich or sort of picnic food. The 11 were overjoyed and agreed with the idea. They said they were gonna make sandwiches. Mothers offered to help but the gang denied it politely saying that they could manage it themselves. Everybody knew that rather than not wanting to trouble their mothers, they chose to make it themselves because it was always fun to cook with cousins. 

Arjun and Shravan were sent to buy chicken and the missing vegetables from the nearest store while Shakthi along with Dev went to get bread, cheese, sauce and some Ginger beer bottles from the Supermarket. Priya and Abi plucked lemon from Mahalakshmi's backyard garden and made lemonade out of it. Sivaangi wanted to cut the vegetables as that was the only work she knew. She washed carrot, cucumber, onion etc... 

Ashwin was repeatedly warning her to be careful when she started chopping vegetables with scraping carrot first.
"Paathu paathu" "hey kai kavanam" was his mantra.
Shwetha was annoyed "hayyoo you could get it from her and do it yourself" said shrugging her shoulders. 

Shwetha dragged Rakesh to arrange oil papers and containers to pack the meals. Arjun and Shravan came barely in 15 minutes. Shwetha and Rakesh washed the chicken and marinated, they were  great cooks indeed. Others teased them for always sticking together.

"hey I will cut only the onion give it to me" Ashwin snatched the knife from her though she protested that she needed to learn it at least now. Sivaangi stood beside him watching him cut it like an expert. She was impressed. 

Ashwin felt her gaze, the closeness affected him slightly and his hands started trembling. He asked "what" without turning towards her.
"pah. you are vera level man. KC the great." appreciated Sivaangi which made him chuckle. She got the knife back and chopped the other vegetables while the next duo started cooking chicken for sandwich. 

Sivaangi's phone rang and Arjun brought it and answered saying that it was Shakthi. Arjun extended the phone to hold it for her but was disturbed by Ashwin, "pack some cookies and fruit cake from paati's kitchen, i will hold the phone" Arjun nodded and left. 

"Sivu, they have Submarine buns here, 3 in each packet. do we need it" asked Shakthi from the other end. Sivaangi signaled Ashwin with eyes asking for his suggestion and he said "your wish. anything is fine"
"okay Shakthi, get 2 packets in that and 1 big pack of sandwich bread." Sivaangi instructed. 

"we can make one sandwich and "Ashwin didn't let her finish and said "half of a submarine for each. right?" completing her sentence making her smile.
"enough you have done a lot already, now let me do it" said Ashwin sternly.
" oh you have become so domineering" pouted Sivaangi. 

He sliced the green and purple cabbages as thin as hair and they both proceeded to make a cabbage salad adding some pomegranate, bell peppers, carrots and finally few drops of apple vinegar. It turned out to be vibrant, colourful and so refreshing. 

Rakesh and Shwetha had finished cooking chicken and in the meantime Shakthi and Dev arrived ranting that they had to work the hardest searching for every single thing around the supermarket. Dramatic guys. 

Swetha and Sivaangi prepared the submarine placing the stuffing neatly while Rakesh and Ashwin made the sandwich. The other two girls took care of packing everything in greaseproof papers. Girls refreshed and all were set to go. 

Off to a picnic... What could wait for them? ...

They got onto 2 cars with bidding bye to their parents. Ashwin drove the one with the girls while Rakesh took the boys. Arjun and Dev put their torso out through the shutters when they passed the main roads and sailed away down the forest roads that led to the river. Boys car was bombarding with high pitch songs like 'Arjunaru Villu' 'ethirthu nil' 'aathangara orathu ninnale' 'speedu speedu' and other Vijay Antony iconic songs.

 Anyone would think they'd been away from each other for at least 10 years! Well it probably did seem like 10 years for them. They missed them.  

Boys car led the way while Ashwin followed them. Sivaangi was in the middle of back seat and on either sides of her were Priya and Abi. Shwetha sat on the front passenger seat. She was a little too possessive about the boy cousins when it came to Sivaangi. So she wanted to be with Ashwin rather than Sivaangi being with him. 

Ashwin kept on asking Sivaangi for song suggestions and narrated her about his university stories. Sivaangi knew the names of all his friends as he shares everything to her at the end of the day. So it was easy for him to converse with her. But Sivaangi who knew about Shwetha's insecurity was afraid that she might get offended, hence involved her in the conversation time to time. Ashwin understood the hint and he also talked to Shwetha in the middle. He teased Shwetha saying that she might be missing her fav cousin Rakesh and must be scolding them in mind for the car seating arrangement. 

Priya and Abi were enjoying having their heads out of the car and shouting at the boys from this car. They didn't hear the trio's conversation as all the shutters were open and the wind was hard on lonely roads. Sivaangi had to bend forward and keep her head between the front two seats to listen to what Ashwin was saying. 

Finally the cars reached the deserted place and it was only them there. Shwetha jumped as soon as the car stopped and ran to Rakesh. They had to walk some distance through the plain valley. It was half an hour's run from home to river. Capturing their adventurous walk in their cameras, the gang moved one after the other on the single track that ran through the valley. 

The April sun shone down warmly, and the trees in the village glowed yellow and golden dressed in the autumn colorings.
 "it's a heavenly day" said Sivaangi.
it was a lovely walking along in the sun. They climbed over a stile in high hedge and walked over a field towards a curious little hill. It was a bit too tiring to climb as it was a sunny day. 

Boys got hold of their sisters. Shwetha was sticking to Rakesh all the while and he felt bad for not being able to accompany his sister because Shwetha complained she couldn't walk like others and climbed slowly pausing after few steps. But Sivaangi didn't mind it as it was usual and she had others to take care of her. 

Shwetha was a very tough person to handle. She loved the innocence and kindness of Rakesh. He was the only person she didn't involve in any of her troubles. Everyone in the family knew about her adamancy and emotional nature, they also knew that she liked Rakesh truly and considered him to be her best friend since birth. 

Sivaangi and Shwetha used to fight awfully during childhood trying to own Rakesh for themselves and he was an innocent kid caught in between. Sivaangi realized Shwetha's yearning for love when they grew up and she became the third wheel for their friendship. Shwetha and Rakesh were two opposite poles. Yet they honestly loved each other as cousins or friends.  

Arjun and Ashwin were carrying Monika alternatively and the other accompanied Priya. Shakthi and Shravan walked beside Sivaangi on either sides. They liked her so much as she had been the elder sister they never had. Shakthi was her first student from her initial grades of primary schools. She would stay awake throughout the nights to complete his school projects and assignments. There were plenty of times Shakthi worried on why couldn't his mother give birth to Sivaangi so that she can be his sister all the time.

They explored the hill, clicked pictures and wrote their name initials on the flesh of tall thorny cactus. Sivaangi was Ashwin's all time unpaid photographer. He was a bit over concerned that the spikes might prick her which earned teasing from Priya and Abi. He held the cactus leaf for her and guided her to engrave an S without touching the thorns. She wanted to do it on adjacent leaf of his A and it made his insides flutter for no reason.

Others settled on rocks and waited for Rakesh to arrive with Swetha. When they finally arrived, Shwetha breathing hardly, Priya joked "seems like no use of maintaining your body slim, look Sivu myni and myself managed to climb though we are fat" and the boys couldn't agree more. They started teasing Shwetha and Rakesh as it was their routine to make Shwetha get fake angry and blush to their crazy teasing. 

They decided to have lemonade before resuming the walk again. It was so refreshing after a drink of lemonade and a couple of homemade chocolate cookies and date biscuits. They waited chatting about random topics considering girl cousins' request on not being able to walk soon after the meals.

"Dei Arjun na, the course will be completely in English, Sivu myni can manage as she studied in English medium. what are you gonna do bro? you have got plans? planning to join an English course? even if you not know a word in English you can catch up in 3 or 4 months at the university. that's what all other medium students do usually. but if you wanna top in the first semester itself, you have got to do something bro, moreover we can show off and attract pretty girls at first impression itself right." joked Dev to Arjun. They roast each other like hell and one could guess that something is off between them if they talk formally or decently.

"Yah da. finally I could find a beautiful sister in law for you. beauty with brain" reverted Arjun back.

"Guys I should learn Sinhala yaar. How would I survive if I don't. I won't be able to make any friends" pouted Sivaangi.

Sinhala was the official language in Sri Lanka and the most spoken language too. It was second language to Tamils. Sivaangi could manage spoken Sinhala a bit but wasn't familiar with written language since it wasn't common at her father's natives where she studied. All other cousins of her were very much fluent and Ramkumar's children did their primary education in Sinhala medium and Sinhala was their first language and mother tongue.

"why should you guys worry when you have each other. I heard that Sivaangi's parents are leaving her and Rakshu here until Rakshu's holidays are over. So Arjun bro can teach Sinhala to Sivu and Sivu can teach English to Arjun bro. SIMPLE" suggested Shwetha.
'what a glorious idea' thought the team. Arjun and Sivaangi discussed the days and time and decided that they will do it at Binni's home. 

Shwetha also requested Sivaangi to do classes for her since she was having her finals in 7 months. Sivaangi occasionally taught all of her cousins and cleared their doubts, she explained lessons to Shwetha everyday at least for few minutes. But now Shwetha wanted the classes to be official since few of her friends were also in need of a senior to help them. Sivaangi agreed happily as it was her long time passion to do classes as part time. They discussed hours of the class.  

They talked about each others' studies and life. Cousins planned to go to river after chatting for few more minutes. Piling up the remaining food and water, they walked down the street and took a lane at the bottom. They reached after a good 20 minutes of walk. It wound about for a short way and then came into a valley. A stream ran down the middle of the valley. The children could hear it gurgling from where they stood. 

"lovely" said Sivaangi. 

It was a rough walking and they made their way to the stream and it finally came to their vision. They walked ahead in delight. They followed the stream closely, liking its brown colour and its soft gurgling voice. 

It wasn't warm anymore. Huge perennial trees formed a canopy over the river and it was dark green everywhere. The water was crystal clear revealing the sand and tiny rocks beneath. They all sat on the banks and bathed their hot feet in it. 

"This is bliss" said Shwetha lying back on a rock with her feet lapped by the water. 

"The stream is tickling my feet and the breeze is caressing my face" giggled Sivaangi.
That's when Ashwin turned towards her. She was playing in the water like a kid splashing it on air. Her hairs were messy due to all the walking in the wind and few strands of hair fallen on her face adorning her already beautiful face. She was wearing a dark forest green dress and it suited the surrounding perfectly. She was the fairest among the girls and the dark shade of her outfit enhanced her complexion more.

Ashwin smiled to himself thinking that his best friend looked prettier today. 

They stood up and moved to the shallow part of the river in which water level could reach up to half of their knees. They couldn't walk in water at it was flowing quite fast but could cross the stream and reach the other side of it by stepping on the small rocks peeking out through the water. Ashwin and Rakesh first crossed it to make sure the way was safe and rocks were not slippery. Aswin stood on a rock near the bank where others standing while Rakesh stood on one on the opposite side since they 2 were the places which was a bit scary to cross. 

Ashwin stood on fairly big stile than Rakesh. Dev and Shakthi went first and reached the other end. Arjun and Shravan stood at this side helping the girls to reach Ashwin. Dev and Shakthi stood at the other end and received them safely. Shwetha and Sivaangi stood finally along with Arjun. Ashwin asked Shwetha to come first and Arjun held her hands and helped her to hold Ashwin's hands. But she was adamant that she was afraid to cross it alone so Rakesh came, held her hands and helped her step on every rock. He finally lifted her with shoulders to place on the bank from the last rock as she was too afraid. 

Arjun held onto Sivaangi's hands gently and carefully guided her reach Ashwin who held her hands with hesitation thinking whether she will be uncomfortable but Sivaangi held his palms tight. Ashwin smiled realizing that she felt safe with him.  Arjun signaled Ashwin to accompany her and Ashwin nodded his head agreeing. She crossed the other rocks without his help but he stood beside her to hold in case something happens. Arjun, Ashwin and Rakesh carefully watched her every baby step and they were thankful when she finally reached Rakesh. She proceeded further herself and Abi and Priya held her while stepping from the last rock to bank. 

They explored the other side of the river excitedly. Monika jumped in joy when they saw a rabbit emerging from a hole and hopping through the bushes. They travelled along the bank of the river enjoying the supernatural miracles of nature. 

'Bubbling of water, chirping of birds, hustles of branches of trees and rhythmic sounds of their feet' BEST COMBINATION OF MUSIC one could get to listen. 

"Now there's where we might have our lunch" said Ashwin at last pointing to a plain heathery land. He saw the girls were hungry especially his best friend and Monika though he offered chocolates to both his kids from his pockets in the middle of the walk. 

Rakesh too checked on Sivaangi making sure she drinks water and stays hydrated. Shwetha was disappointed and felt possessive but didn't voice out. She dragged Rakesh behind with her to walk as the last. Ashwin too noted it but didn't mind it. 

Other 4 boys were on their own world and Priya and Abi stick together taking videos and photos. Ashwin, Sivaangi, Rakesh and Shwetha were the forever four among all 11. It has been always that way since when Sivaangi was 13 and became friends with Ashwin.
Before that Arjun and Sivaangi were the inseparable duo as they were in the same class since pre school. The were each others' saviors. 

They settled for the lunch and it was an hour past noon already. Rakesh and Shravan put the bags in the middle. They washed hands in the stream. Ashwin and Sivaangi undid the packs and arranged everything. Their simple picnic lunch looked wonderful. 

Smashing sandwiches, submarines, colourful cabbage salad with mayonnaise separately to pour on top, extra sauce, a whole of fruit cake, few pieces of date biscuits remaining and 3 bottles of ginger beer. It was an enormous lunch. They hardly managed each of their portions. They were full. Thanks to their mothers for this amazing idea, they were all awfully hungry and tired the magnificent lunch not only satisfied their stomachs but also filled their hearts too.

They rested for sometimes resting their backs on the heather. Shwetha brought Rakesh to wash her hands and face in order to refresh. 

Suddenly a 'thud' sound was heard along with Shwetha's scream. Everyone panicked and rushed to see.....

How was the chapter? 

Did you enjoy the scene description or it was boring?

Hope you all got an idea about Shwetha's character

I was requested to write the dialogues in tamil and I am fine with it. Are you all ok? I will alter from the next chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 164 9
This story takes place through the Vampire Diaries from season 2 to when the Originals leave Mystic Falls for New Orleans. But that's to far ahead. L...
32.3K 3.7K 42
๐€ ๐๐จ๐ฒ ๐–๐ก๐จ ๐ˆ๐ฌ ๐‰๐จ๐ฒ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐€๐ง ๐€๐ซ๐ซ๐จ๐ ๐ง๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐Œ๐ž๐ซ๐œ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ‘น ๐ƒ๐ฎ๐ž...
92.9K 3.4K 16
[COMPLETED] be the poseur, smile for the universe + soc med!au ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ยฉ 2021 ๐—š๐—š๐—จ๐—ž๐—ฆ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—Ÿ๐—œ
1.1M 37.6K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...