Journey of Her

By Ashaangiawf

Life of a 19 year old girl with dreams and how she fulfills them. A girl who loves her family and cousins. Di... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Characters
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 5
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 8
Chapter: 9
Chapter: 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 19

Chapter: 4

154 12 15
By Ashaangiawf

Sivaangi took a nap for an hour though it wasn't an appropriate time to sleep. Rakesh scrolled through his Instagram thanking people who had wished for his sister's achievement. 

By 7.50 pm Sivaangi barged in to his room to alert him that it was going to be 8. Rakesh jumped out of his skin "you scared me idiot. you haven't changed yet but here to alert me to get ready?" 
Sivaangi replied unbothered "no bro, we are just going on a drive. we don't get down the car right? this is fine"
Rakesh shook head at his over excited sister and said "who knows what Ash has planned. whatever, wait I will inform mom and come"
Sivaangi followed her brother to their parents' room and informed that they were going out. It wasn't new for them as these were are a part of cousins meet every time. So Binni agreed asking them to take care and drive safely. 

"It's night and please don't drive fast maa... Take care of your sisters Rakesh. I didn't see you guys having dinner yet. You are going to have something outside?" asked  Binni with the thought of packing something to eat if they like to take.
"no mom lunch was super heavy and I don't think any of us can manage to have dinner today. don't wait for us. inform dad ma" replied Rakesh assuring her to take care of the girls. 

They got into car and Sivaangi went to backseat. Rakesh drove towards Ashwin's house and in the meantime Sivaangi called him to notify they were on the way. The 4 siblings were standing by gate when the car reached their house. Rakesh got down immediately and signaled Sivaangi to get down too. They both along with Ashwin following them entered Lakshmikanthan's house to assure Vanathi that they will take care of Priya and Monika. Vanathi smiled at her responsible kids and they bade bye to her.

"what's that in your hand" Rakesh inquired Ashwin seeing a bag on his hand.
But Sivaangi squealed in happiness  and asked "hey don't tell me you brought an ice coffee bottle for me" rambled Sivaangi towards him. He smiled widely nodding his head.
" aww thank you so much KC" joy was evident in her voice.

That brought an instant surprised grin in Ashwin's face as he was hearing his nickname from her first time today after a long time. He covered his grin and said "madam has topped so it is not right if we don't treat her with something she always asks for "

Sivaangi's eyes shined " see bro he never misses my favorites and that's why he is my best friend." 

Rakesh fake glared her. Even Sivaangi knew that Rakesh will buy something on the way, but she wanted to irritate her brother because he was too possessive over his one and only sister who was a part of him. 

 Ashwin sat on the front passenger seat with Monika on his lap and Arjun, Priya and Sivaangi settled at the back seat, Priya in the middle. Arjun sat behind Ashwin and Sivaangi behind driver seat.
As soon as they settled, Monika turned back calling out "Sivu myni" and Sivaangi leaned forward as if to ask her why she called. Monika rose slightly from Ashwin's lap and gave a long peck on Sivaangi's cheek while hugging her neck for few seconds. This little cupcake was very fond of her big cousin. 

Ashwin turned to his right to see what was happening and was taken aback to see Sivaangi's face too close. Sivaangi too realized it when their eyes locked and she pulled away immediately not wasting a second. They both composed themselves from the awkwardness. 

Priya fake pouted at Monika "How long have you been living with me under the same roof and have you ever given me a kiss kutty pisasu?"
"eww, why would i kiss you. I only like my butterbread" replied Monika making faces which made everyone to chuckle. 

The ride began and Rakesh was asked to drive slowly as usual since they didn't want the journey to end soon. They headed to Shakthi's house shared greetings and wishes wish each other. Shakthi wanted to join them in his bike and Shravan too sat on the bike. 

Shakthi was a bike lover and had gotten a new bike after a lot of insists to his mom. They drove away, the car following the bike. 

"Aren't you guys going to have some music?" asked Priya who was a fan of peppy number and pop songs.
"Arjun has the best playlist, connect your phone to car Bluetooth and KC will handle the order of songs. He knows my my favorite songs cuz we both have the same taste of music." said Sivaangi.

Priya rolled her eyes "oh please don't come up with calm and slow melody of Harris. I don't know why you guys are so obsessed with Harris Jayaraj " said annoyed.

"now you 2 girls stop arguing. where's your bromance gone today? you two stick to each other inseparable all the time right ?"shouted Rakesh to make the ride interactive and fun.
"we are still the same, right Sivu" asked Priya side hugging Sivaangi.
"ohhh these dramatic girls... bro i connected my phone, choose the 2nd and 3rd playlists so that we can stop these two's rantings. shuffle both playlists. pop and melody" said Arjun in an annoyed tone though he enjoyed it internally and that ended the fight between the girls. 

They started singing along and vibe. Ashwin as usual played Sivaangi's favorites getting appreciation from her for every other song he played.

The night view of the village was a treat to the eyes. It was no more a village. Huge houses painted in attractive colours, mosques brightly lightened, partly developed roadside shops lined one after the other on either sides of the smooth road, they realized their native was being modernized. 

They drove passing the main roads and entered the off part of the village. Now that they were free of places crowded with people, they opened their shutters to let the cool breeze caress their faces in a gentle touch. The car travelled among the fields, green fields of paddy shining under the moonlight in darkest shade of green waving their heads to wind and Sparkling fireflies adding extra touch of aesthetic vibe to the already vintage surrounding. 

They stopped and got down to step on the lonely roads to embrace the serene beauty of nature. Shakthi walked front who knew every corner of the village, Sivaangi and Priya following him. Arjun to the left of Priya and to the right Sivaangi and beside her was Ashwin. Rakesh with Monika in his hands along with Shravan followed the girls. Thus letting the two girls walk in the middle. They didn't plan it, everyone just took their positions in a flow. 

Sivaangi and Priya smiled within themselves eyeing their protective brothers. They felt the safest with them. They talked about the memories they had made together. They cherished how they spent it here during their last visit and teased each other. Sivaangi on her mission to tease her brother with Shwetha, their cousin. Ashwin joined Sivaangi too, why wouldn't he when they were the partners in crime. They were laughing their hearts out. 

Then walked in silence focusing on the long road in front of them. Sivaangi's shoulders brushed Ashwin's bare arms which were exposed due to his half sleeved t-shirt. Ashwin felt electricity passing through his body and Sivaangi felt shivers in her spine. She looked up and saw him looking at her and their eyes locked for barely 3 seconds. That was more than enough and they couldn't hold each other's gaze anymore. Sivaangi looked away and Ashwin too snapped his head the other side. 

This feeling wasn't new for Sivaangi with her boy cousins. Sivaangi wasn't a person of touches, hugs or kisses. All 9 cousins were taught by their parents to hug and kiss their grandparents, uncles and aunts since childhood but touches or hugs between cousins of opposite gender wasn't common between them. They didn't have to be physical to show their love. They were connected by hearts. The cousins understood each other's love even without being voiced out.  

All 19 years of her life Sivaangi had never been a friend to any other boys except her cousins. Her whole male attachment through entire life was only family and cousins. She has literally not even texted a boy. She studied in a girls school and during her grades of 12 and 13 she went to classes but never spared a glance at boys or had her attention being spent on someone. Cousins was the only thing for her. 

They could blindly trust each other and her boy cousins treated her as their cute rowdy most of the times. They were all very fond of her and had high respect on her moral values as they knew it was very rare to find girls like her in the current world. She was a gem they thought. Her parents and brother too treated her like a flower. The family boys cared and handled her so gently. She was the most special in a corner of everyone's heart, they knew she was different, a RARE GEM

Sivaangi wasn't a hugger with her brother too. So it affected her when she experienced even slightest gentle touches. It didn't mean she was attracted to it, she wasn't just  used to it.

They returned after walking for sometimes and reached the car.
"KC take the iced coffee out. we will drink it here. the weather looks so pleasant and it would be magical to have a chilled iced coffee made by the great KC." said Sivaangi.
 Ashwin and Rakesh poured coffee in paper cups and served others. All started sipping the most delicious iced coffee ever. Sivaangi noted Ashwin missing and doing something at the car deck. She went to check on him and was delighted to see chocolate bars in his hand. She snatched it from his hands and ran. Ashwin started chasing her and both ran 2 rounds around the car and finally Sivaangi breathed hard standing behind Shakthi's big frame. 

"hey take the chocolates. I just bought it on my way today. Give me the phone girl" Sivaangi realized he was running behind for the phone and not the chocolates. She came out like a secret cat and extended his phone while Arjun was fast to take chocolates away from her other hand. SIvaangi shouted "Arjunnn" and begged him. he finally gave in after having laughed enough. 

Sivaangi had a bite on the chocolate and a sip of iced coffee alternatively moaning to the taste. others chuckled knowing her love for ice creams and chocolates. The gang finished it with fun banters and got into the car after clicking few selfies and pictures together. 

Priya wanted to enjoy so fought for the window seat making Arjun sit in the middle. It was not usual for both Sivaangi and Arjun but they were not uncomfortable and they managed not to be too close hence enjoyed their ride back home through the fields. Shravan at the back on Shakthi's bike had his hands wide waving through the winds. Aswin let Monika put her head outside for 10 minutes and took her in back. 

They reached the main roads and girls asked to stop for ice cream but boys refused saying that they might get cold since they were in open air after a long time and have had iced coffee too. Monika was asleep halfway on Ashwin's shoulders. 

Rakesh dropped everyone and reached home with Sivaangi who was yawning already. He guided his sister to her room. They refreshed and hit the bed after informing their parents and answering Ashwin's call assuring him that they reached safely.  

It was a day to remember, thought Sivaangi mentally ordering her to write the diary tomorrow morning. With content smiles they all retired to sleep.

------------------------------------------

We call athai ponnu or mama ponnu as Myni/machchi and athai payyan or mama payyan as machan in our country

How was this chapter?

Have you gone on short night rides with cousins? 

What do you think about Sivaangi? Does it seem impractical?
But such girls do exist and what if I say I am one among them

I am trying to convey how it feels to have heart to heart bonds with cousins without expressing it physical because there are such families too. it will be a bit hard to handle the characters. Let's see

But complete respect on cousins who share hugs and kisses too. That's even cuter. It is our personal choice. Some cultures prefer it and some don't. Please convey your thoughts. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

938K 21.5K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.3M 58K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
463K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
4.4K 164 9
This story takes place through the Vampire Diaries from season 2 to when the Originals leave Mystic Falls for New Orleans. But that's to far ahead. L...