The Best of Tomorrow [ 내일의 으뜸]

By kaidukudo31

The webnovel of the K-drama titled "Lovely Runner." DISCLAIMER: Originally from Seaweed Bread in Kakaopage... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - 01 first time travel
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
02 Second time travel
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - 03 The Lost World
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - 04 The street I saw in my dream
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Epilogue Episode 1 - record of eternity
Epilogue Episode 2
Epilogue Episode 3
Epilogue Episode 4
Epilogue Episode 5
Epilogue Episode 6
Epilogue Episode 7
Tomorrow's Best Extra Episode 1 - people outside travel
Tomorrow's Best Extra Episode 2
Tomorrow's Best Extra Episode 3
Tomorrow's Best Extra Episode 4
Tomorrow's Best Side Story Episode 1
Tomorrow's Best Side Story Episode 2
TRACK LISTING
Special Side Story Episode 1 [Marriage Announcement
Special Side Story Episode 2

Chapter 23

83 0 0
By kaidukudo31

I bit my lip while fiddling with the straps of my shopping bag. Seonjae and I were sitting alone in the karaoke room of the arcade. Baek In-hyuk went to exchange bills.

A little while ago, Seon-jae and Baek In-hyuk, who had left school, skipped 8th period and headed to the arcade instead of going straight to work, saying they had some spare time. The problem was that I joined that path.

No, you two said, "Go," but it was an opportunity to hear Seonjae's song right in front of you. This cannot happen except in the past. When she returned from her time travel trip, it was clear that it was impossible whether Seonjae was alive or not. Going to karaoke with potato pancakes, I don't know if I win an event like that.

'Pick up Seonjae and jump out, this is not a common opportunity.'

When I refused, Baek In-hyuk said. That's right. I nodded without realizing it.

'Hey, then let's do it like this. Let's make a wish and bet on points.'

Baek In-hyeok suggested something to me who hesitated while looking at Seon-jae's thoughts. Then Seonjae said, 'Why do you do that?' He said.

'Why, you can win and tell him never to come again.'

At Baek In-hyuk's words, Seonjae lightly hooked Baek In-hyuk's side. After watching the two people, he raised his hand.

'okay! Seonjae, if you win and tell me not to pay tribute or show up again, I won't do that!'

'Good, then let's assume we've all accepted the bet and let's go!'

In response to my words, Baek In-hyuk spoke cheerfully and took the lead. Even though Seon-jae didn't like it, he followed Baek In-hyuk's footsteps. That's how I came to the arcade karaoke room. Without fear, Imsol comes to bet on karaoke scores with two soon-to-be singers. You are finished now.

I was thinking about what song to sing, but all I could think of were songs that would be released five years from now. As I was thinking about what to sing and what my favorite karaoke song was, I felt eyes staring at me. When I looked up, Seonjae was looking at me with his arms crossed.

"Imsol."

"uh?"

"What were you doing?"

"me? me... ... "I was thinking about what to sing."

Seonjae laughs as if it is absurd. Is it funny that he followed me to sing? As expected, she shouldn't have followed. Suddenly, the door opened and Baek In-hyuk came in.

"What day is today? "The line in front of the bill exchange machine is long."

Baek In-hyuk, who was sitting next to Seon-jae, put two thousand won bills into the bill slot. He then said, holding the remote control in his hand and searching for a song.

"Hey, first, let's sing one song at a time to warm up our throats and then move on to the main game."

"okay!"

"Oh, Imsol. "Yes, I like that kind of combative attitude."

Baek In-hyuk entered the song number and pressed the start button. It was Drunken Tiger's 'I Want You'. It was like that. Baek In-hyuk was a kid who dreamed of becoming a rapper even though he couldn't rap. However, Baek In-hyuk's position in Potato Battle was that of sub-vocalist.

Baek In-hyuk held the microphone and sang 'I Want You' while waving his hands up and down. I clapped to the beat, and Seonjae just looked at the screen with his arms crossed. Then, when the female part was briefly inserted in the middle, he sang that part in a familiar way. Hearing Seonjae's voice suddenly flow out, he covered his mouth with both hands and opened his eyes wide.

After the song ended, Baek In-hyuk's score was revealed. Even though it was a practice game, 70 points were scored.

"Oh, it's dangerous. "The next song should be a ballad."

Baek In-hyuk handed over the remote control to Seon-jae. Seonjae said, "I don't practice." He handed the remote control to me. Oh, shit. I'm so nervous.

Singing in front of two Gamjajeon members. This is definitely going to be a disaster, I thought, and dialed the number. While I couldn't think of anything in particular, her mother's favorite song came to mind. Each time she sang Won Jun-hee's 'Love is Like Glass', her father sang Lee Moon-se's song, and her mother sang Won Jun-hee's song, she received high scores.

Baek In-hyuk opened his mouth at the too short song number.

"How on earth do you know this song?"

My palms were sweaty. He held the microphone with both hands and looked at the screen. She faithfully sang the lyrics overlaid in yellow. After the song ended, my score was revealed.

"omg. oh my god."

Baek In-hyuk made a face of disbelief. 100 points were obtained.

"Nonsense. "You said I sang worse than Im Sol?"

"Hey, can I sing this again?"

"Of course not!"

Baek In-hyuk picked up the remote control.

"ruler. Now it's the main game. It's about scoring points. "Grant the wish of the highest ranked person."

I quickly looked through the karaoke book. You need to find a song that will score well.

Baek In-hyuk's song began. It was Buzz's 'Maybe'. When I saw him holding the microphone and drawing a circle, it seemed like he was imitating Min Kyung-hoon. From what I see, it seems wrong for you to get good scores. Inhyuk.

When the song ended, Baek In-hyuk put his hands together and looked at the screen. It was an expression of earnest hope for a good score. What on earth do you want to wish for? The scores were revealed. It was 58 points, lower than before. Baek In-hyuk opened his mouth with an expression of disbelief.

"Hey, is this right? Isn't the machine broken? This is my score? "You sang really hard?"

As Baek In-hyuk furrowed his eyebrows without letting go of the microphone, Seon-jae picked up the remote control, dialed a number, and took the microphone away from Baek In-hyuk.

"Baek Inhyuk 58 points."

Even though everyone saw the scores on the screen, Seonjae spoke into the microphone and announced Baek In-hyuk's score again. Soon after, Seonjae's song began. It was Kim Yeon-woo's 'Common Words of Love'. oh my god. This is a song I put on MP3 and listened to until my ears were exhausted during my nightly self-study sessions.

I covered my mouth with both hands and listened to Seonjae's song. The advantage of the wire was that the high notes rose smoothly. Her voice was so beautiful when she sang, with a slight hint of sweetness.

mom. I guess I was born for today.

I saw the lyrics turning yellow with a face that almost looked like it was going to cry. It would have been nice if her eyes were behind her, she thought, occasionally glancing at Seonjae's face. As she said in her lyrics that her heart was breaking, she grabbed the hem of her dress. This is definitely 100 points.

Seonjae's song has ended. Baek In-hyuk looked at the screen with a lost expression, leaning his head against the wall as if he had no expectations. He looked like he already had a feeling that he would come in last place. Seonjae's score was revealed on the screen. Hyuk, a white man who was leaning his head against the wall, widened his eyes and straightened his upper body.

"Hey, hey, is this real?"

Baek In-hyuk laughed out loud and took out his cell phone from his pocket. He then took a picture of Seonjae's score on the screen. Seonjae's score was 10 points. Baek In-hyuk laughed as if he was out of breath.

"Hey, this is my first time seeing 10 points."

Baek In-hyuk, who was thinking about dying before the score was revealed, regained his energy when the score was lower than his.

"This machine is really strange."

I tapped the screen with my palm in disbelief. That didn't change the score. Baek In-hyuk held out the remote control to me as if to tell me to stop fooling around. Strangely enough, I felt more nervous than before. Is this because it is the main game? He took a breath and dialed the number.

"What, is this a song from when? "Why do you always sing songs like this?"

Baek In-hyuk said. Dandelion's 'I Love You', if my father scored as Lee Moon-se and my mother as Won Jun-hee, I would have received a high score for this song.

Seon-jae currently has the lowest score at 10, so if I get a higher score than Baek In-hyuk, I will be the one who makes a wish. It was a song sung with the determination that no matter what happens, I will get a higher score than Baek In-hyuk. He picked up the microphone with a solemn face.

I held the microphone with both hands and sang in a stiff posture. He focused on hitting the notes. His hands were soaked with sweat, and when the interlude came out, he wiped them by rubbing them on his gym pants.

"Sometimes I like the smile you give me, it gives me the courage to protect you."

I couldn't even see the faces of Seon-jae and Baek In-hyuk because I was only looking at the lyrics on the screen. When the song ended, I put down the microphone and took a deep breath. He placed his hand on his pounding chest and waited for the score.

"Hey, you sing well."

"uh?"

I turned my head to Baek In-hyuk's words. Baek In-hyuk said, "You sing well." He said. He asked with a happy face at the unexpected compliment, "Did I sing well?" and then turned his gaze to Seon-jae, who was sitting next to Baek In-hyuk. Seonjae's face looked a little red as he looked at the screen, perhaps because of the screen light.

"oh my god!"

I looked at the screen when I heard Baek In-hyuk's voice. It was 98 points. I was so shocked that I jumped up from my seat, raised my hands, and ran around. This established the ranking. It was me, Baek In-hyuk, and Ryu Seon-jae in that order. Seonjae crossed his arms and said, "I can't believe I'm in last place." He said.

"What is your wish? "It's also possible to jump on the wire."

Baek In-hyuk giggled and laughed. He thought about what wish to make. If I ask, will they really listen? In that case, I wanted to make a wish that you would remember what I said, or something like that. So, make sure to turn 24, something like that. But I had already said too much to Seonjae. Even if he made a wish, it was up to Seonjae to remember or not.

I looked at the screen. There were coins left to sing one more song.

"Seonjae, sing the requested song."

In response to the bland wish, Baek In-hyuk said, "Hey, what kind of wish do you write like that?" He grunted. Sowon shook his head, saying that he had to ask for things like buying hamburgers for a month or cleaning for him.

"what song?"

Seonjae asked and I picked up the remote control. It was finally the moment to hear Seonjae sing 'Wind Memory' live. When I randomly pressed the song number, Seonjae said, "Hey, it won't be a song I don't know." He expressed his disapproval. But there's absolutely no way you don't know this song. This is the song you sang at the audition and the song you also sang at the school festival.

The singer's name and song title appeared on the screen. Seonjae looked at me with a surprised expression at the song he knew. Hyuk, a white man, picked up his cell phone and went outside as if there was a call. I was left alone with Seonjae. It was a song that Seonjae played only to me. Even though only the prelude was played, she strangely felt like crying, so she put on the hat attached to her coat and looked at the screen.

Seonjae, I hope you remember everything I said back in the past.

Seonjae's voice was heard. Without realizing it, my eyes got hot and I opened them wide. If I cry here, I'll become a really weird person, I thought.

Baek In-hyuk came in after finishing his phone call, sat down without thinking, and was shocked when he saw my face directly illuminated by the screen light. That's because I was crying with my hat on and my lower lip pursed. Seon-jae, who was sitting behind me, was singing, and I, who was sitting right in front of the screen, was crying. As if it was a waste to watch him alone, Baek Baek Hyuk took out his cell phone and held it out to me.

"Don't shoot, you will die."

Baek In-hyuk took his cell phone and put it in his pocket. After finishing singing, Seonjae put down the microphone. Baek In-hyuk, who was rummaging through his pockets and bag, pulled out some portable tissues and handed them to me.

"What are you crying for?"

Seonjae asked as if it were absurd.

"no. "I'm not crying."

I turned my head and wiped away my tears with a tissue. Baek In-hyuk said from behind, "He's crying." A voice was heard saying to Seonjae.

This skunk... ... I don't know... ... .

I gritted my teeth and said to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 4.7K 32
[COMPLETED] ❝ You can't heal a wound by saying it's not there.❞ Chan thought all he needed was romance to fill the cracks in heart, what he didn't kn...
94.6K 1.4K 98
In the past, no matter how hard I tried and how much I worked, there would always be a feeling of emptiness that I couldn't get rid of. Since life is...
124K 3.5K 21
MG2018! AU. [The kidnapping didn't happen.] Shancai and Ahsi decided to end their relationship in London. They spent a night together, knowing that i...