The Best of Tomorrow [ 내일의 으뜸]

By kaidukudo31

The webnovel of the K-drama titled "Lovely Runner." DISCLAIMER: Originally from Seaweed Bread in Kakaopage... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - 01 first time travel
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
02 Second time travel
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - 03 The Lost World
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - 04 The street I saw in my dream
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Epilogue Episode 1 - record of eternity
Epilogue Episode 2
Epilogue Episode 3
Epilogue Episode 4
Epilogue Episode 5
Epilogue Episode 6
Epilogue Episode 7
Tomorrow's Best Extra Episode 1 - people outside travel
Tomorrow's Best Extra Episode 2
Tomorrow's Best Extra Episode 3
Tomorrow's Best Extra Episode 4
Tomorrow's Best Side Story Episode 1
Tomorrow's Best Side Story Episode 2
TRACK LISTING
Special Side Story Episode 1 [Marriage Announcement
Special Side Story Episode 2

Chapter 22

114 0 0
By kaidukudo31

While changing channels, I found a home shopping program selling products from a sleeping beauty brand and tuned in. They were selling an aroma sleep kit that was said to help stabilize your mind and body while you sleep, induce a good night's sleep, and help you wake up refreshed in the morning. A bust cut captured foreigners waking up in a bed in the forest, stretching and smiling. This is it.

I dialed the home shopping order number on my mom's cell phone and connected the call. There was a credit card inserted into the cell phone case. I knew that my mother's card and bank account passwords were the same as the front door lock password.

I grabbed my cell phone and quietly entered the room. I lowered my voice and whispered to the agent who connected the call.

"I'm going to order a sleep kit."

□ ■ □

It was the school's opening anniversary, so I was sleeping at home, and someone came to visit. Rubbing my eyes, "Who are you?" When I asked, the person outside the door said, "Delivery." A voice was heard. I opened the door and took the box. I checked the product name written on the shipping invoice. It said, "Aroma sleep kit." Nice timing.

I thought that the delivery of the package on the school's founding anniversary was definitely a revelation from heaven telling me to deliver it to Seonjae today, so I put the box down on the table and hurried into the bathroom. The going out clothes will probably be Jagam High School gym clothes.

He came out wearing a Jagam High School gym uniform and a tteokbokki coat. She boarded the bus carrying a shopping bag containing a box of aroma sleep kits. She took out her phone and checked the time. It was 1:50. If the schedule is similar to our school, the 6th period class will probably end at 3 o'clock. Then, after cleaning, 7th period will start around 3:30.

My plan was to sneak in during cleaning time and hang the shopping bags on Seonjae's seat. I wrote Ryu Seon-jae's name in large letters on the box with magic in case he didn't take it because it wasn't his.

I got off the bus and headed to Jagam High School. There was no one at the front door, but I couldn't enter. When you enter that door, as if there was some kind of barrier, a man holding a short sword shouts 'Hey, man!' It seemed like he was going to come running and shouting.

I wandered around in front of the main gate and headed toward the wall toward the auditorium. The auditorium blocked the playground, so we had to climb over the wall here to safely pass without being seen. I wrapped the shopping bag strap around my wrist. She raised her hands high and grabbed hold of the wall. I put my foot in the gap between the bricks, climbed up, and crossed one foot over the wall. They placed her breasts on the wall and moved her entire body into the school.

I held on to the wall with my hands and struggled with my legs that were not touching the floor. Maybe the ground was higher outside the school, but if I tiptoed outside the school, I could get to the edge of the wall, but inside the school, no matter how hard I stretched my legs, my feet wouldn't touch the ground. I lowered my eyes to get something to step on and made eye contact with a person sitting close to the wall.

"uh?"

It was Baek In-hyuk. The gaze moved from Baek In-hyuk's eyes to his mouth and then to his hands. That thing that is currently between Baek In-hyuk's fingers. I was so surprised that I opened my mouth wide, and Baek Baek Hyuk flicked out the cigarette ash with his finger, extinguished the light, straightened his knees, got up, and looked at me hanging on the wall.

"oh my god. "Do you smoke?"

I asked, and Baek In-hyuk made an embarrassed face. His eyes turned to my feet struggling in the air.

"Can you come down?"

"uh?"

My hands gradually lost strength. The walls on the outside had depressions between the bricks so you could fit your feet in, but the surface on the inside of the wall was flat so there was no place to put your feet in. Because of that, my legs were shaking in the air, unable to reach anywhere.

"It's a secret from Seonjae."

"Hey, it's taboo for idols to smoke, taboo."

"Are you still just a student?"

"It's even more taboo for students to smoke!"

I shouted, giving strength to my shaking arms. Baek In-hyuk approached me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Uh, uh!"

Suddenly, my body floated up and my eyes widened. Soon her feet touched the floor. She took a half step back and looked up at Baek In-hyuk's face. The face that was always smiling seemed a little dark today for some reason.

"I was just so frustrated that I borrowed one and smoked it. So don't tell Seonjae. That's right, because I don't want to die."

"What's going on?"

I asked, shaking the dust off my coat. Baekhyuk, who had one hand in his pants pocket and was rubbing his temple with the other, opened his mouth.

"You said that back then. "If Seonjae is not included in the debut group and only I am included, protest."

I looked up to see if there were any more dusty areas.

"Did you know?"

"uh? what?"

Baek In-hyuk put the hand that was rubbing his temple into his pocket.

"Seonjae is not selected for the debut team."

□ ■ □

Sunlight streamed in through the large windows. The bell had already rung for the start of 7th period, and Baek In-hyuk, who had not entered class, was sitting next to me in the music room. Baek In-hyuk informed us that the music room would not be used after 6th period, and that the next time we needed to hide somewhere, we should stay here instead of the vacant lot behind the auditorium.

According to Baek In-hyuk, on the day the debut team list was released, Seonjae stayed until dawn and practiced. He couldn't sleep, so he called Seon-jae in the early morning just in case, but his cell phone was turned off, which made him wonder. He said that he tried calling again an hour later just in case, but Seon-jae who answered the phone said that the battery was out and that he had just arrived home. At a time after 3 o'clock.

'this time? 'Why did you arrive so late?' When I asked, the answer came back that I walked. 'Baby, why are you walking home at this late hour?' When I said this, Seonjae smiled brightly and said, 'I lost my wallet.' Baek In-hyuk said that he smoked because he was so worried and frustrated. It took more than two hours from the office to Seonjae's house, and he made a gloomy face as he said that the stupid bastard walked that road at dawn, and that it must not have been true.

If my guess is correct, that day would have been the day I met Seonjae at Gamgam Bridge. The day Seonjae chose as the most difficult moment during his trainee days. It wasn't because he lost his wallet, couldn't call home, or had to walk a long way without music.

Baek In-hyuk nodded with a gloomy face.

"It must have been very difficult for Seonjae."

"I guess."

The light pouring diagonally slanted little by little, narrowing the shadow. Baek In-hyuk stretched out his body and lay down on the platform.

"You told Yoonjae to do that, right?"

I wondered what he was talking about, so I turned my head and looked down at Baek In-hyuk's face lying on the platform. Baek In-hyuk said, looking blankly at the ceiling.

"All this time, you've been ordering Yoonjae to shuttle books."

Shuttle... ... I asked for it... ... .

"You called out Ryu Seon-jae, our hope, out of nowhere? Seo Yun-jae."

I once said that while handing Seo Yoon-jae a book to give to Seon-jae. Later, when the list of men's debut groups comes out and Seonjae is not there by chance, shout in front of Kang Geun-soo that this group's hope is Ryu Seon-jae. Seo Yun-jae remembered those words and really shouted them out. Seo Yoon-jae, this bastard. Great! Baek In-hyuk raised his head, grabbed the hat attached to my tteokbokki coat, and shook it.

"You. You ordered it. To Yoonjae."

"Oh, no? "I've never done that before."

Baek In-hyuk narrowed his eyes and pulled on his hat. His center of gravity shifted backwards and he lay down next to Baek In-hyuk. He made a loud noise, opened his eyes wide, and rolled his pupils to the side.

"Would you say something like that in front of the CEO, saying that Seo Yoon-jae is crazy?"

I laughed awkwardly while trying to make an excuse. You can't beat Baek In-hyuk with words anyway.

"And let's get this one thing straight."

"What?"

"I heard you asked Seo Yun-jae who the most handsome person was."

"Oh, that's just..." ... ."

"I am the most handsome among the trainees at our company."

"uh?"

"Don't try to change Seo Yun-jae's correct answer."

Baek In-hyuk poked my forehead with his index finger as if to warn me.

What are you talking about... ... .

The final bell rang. Baek In-hyuk said, "Tsk." He stood up and made a sound. I felt like there was no need for me to go to Seonjae's class.

"Baek Inhyuk."

Baek In-hyuk, who was standing up and looking at his phone, turned his eyes and looked at me.

"Please give this to Seonjae."

I held out my shopping bag. Baek In-hyuk only looked at the shopping bag I held out to him, but instead of accepting it, he put his cell phone in his pocket.

"I don't do shuttles."

"No, you are not going to class anymore."

"I'm not going to skip 8th period today."

"Anyway, you're going to have to go to class to get your bag. "Please tell me."

Baek In-hyuk shook his head.

"Seonjae will bring a bag."

"uh?"

There was no time to be surprised by Baek In-hyuk's words. The back door of the music room opened with a loud noise. I was sitting on the podium, Baek In-hyuk was standing in front of me, and at the same time, I turned my head toward the sound.

"Hey, why don't you bring a bag, Mara, do you want to die?"

Seonjae, carrying a bag on each shoulder, was standing with his hands on the door frame. It was as if he didn't know I was there. Seonjae looked at me and Baek In-hyuk in turns. Oh, this awkward air. He rolled his eyes, put the shopping bag on the platform, and ran towards the front door. He held the door with his hand and pushed it hard to the side, but it only rattled and did not open.

"It's locked."

It was Seonjae's voice. I looked away with a devastated face. Seonjae was standing guard at the back door, looking at me. With a very disapproving face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 3K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
10.1K 363 85
That year, Sang Zhi's heart was secretly filled with the figure of a man. She fell in love with her brother's friend, Duan Jiaxu. This big brother ha...
60.4K 1.2K 12
Stories on Greek mythology
106K 2.6K 31
In a homely house in Massachusetts lived 5 little women. The oldest at 16, Margaret "Meg" March, was a budding actress with dreams of an elegant warm...