Promise (Revali x Reader) (Re...

By mantafailure

(Y/N), the young prince(ss) and leader of the town of Zon'Hirith, has been chosen to be the fifth champion. O... More

A/N
πŸƒVah-WindreπŸƒ
πŸƒThe CeremonyπŸƒ
πŸƒTrainingπŸƒ
πŸƒMusicπŸƒ
πŸƒI Won't SayπŸƒ
πŸƒNot OutloudπŸƒ
πŸƒStill Not ReadyπŸƒ
πŸƒSleep TightπŸƒ
πŸƒMorning to DawnπŸƒ
πŸ”₯The CalamityπŸ”₯
β›ˆοΈDark Ending: Spiritsβ›ˆοΈ
FOR READERS OF THE OG
πŸƒGood Ending: Future and PastπŸƒ
πŸƒA Bow and an AccordionπŸƒ
πŸƒThe ShoreπŸƒ
πŸƒThe BazaarπŸƒ
πŸƒThe Secret StoneπŸƒ
πŸƒSnowflakesπŸƒ
A/N: Sorry for the wait
πŸƒThe EyeπŸƒ
Help me with ideas pls

πŸƒJealousπŸƒ

36 0 0
By mantafailure

-Revali's POV-

"Well... that should be enough training."

I looked over at Teba. "You did well, but not enough to beat me in a fight."

"I'm sure no one could beat you, Master Revali." Teba wiped off some of the sweat on his feathers as we finally finished our training session.

(Y/N) had insisted for us to train here in Zon'Hirith, specifically atop of Vah-Windre. Why? No idea.

"Are you two finally done?" (Y/N) chuckled, leaning on me slightly. "It's been hours, and Kass and I already ran out of things to talk about!"

"Has it really been that long?" Teba looked slightly worried.

"The moon is already out!" Kass chuckled slightly, joining the conversation.

"Well, I'm already used to someone training all day." (Y/N) rolled their eyes.

"So am I." Kass giggled, poking Teba playfully, making the other Rito blush incredibly hard.

"Hehe... you look cute." Kass stared at Teba flirtatiously.

"Aaaand that's our queue to leave." (Y/N) looked away, pulling me by the wing so we could leave. "Agreed..." I added, turning away as (Y/N) pulled me along.

But before we could get down from Vah-Windre, a group of red figures sprinted right before our eyes into the ruins.

"COME ON, COME ON! HURRY AND THROW THE SMOKE BOMB!"

"Yes sir!"

Suddenly, the entirety of the ancient zonai ruins were covered in a thick fog.

"What was that?!" (Y/N) looked alarmed at the ruins, their ears perked up in alert.

"No idea, but it looks like we have work." I sighed as (Y/N) and I got off Vah-Windre. "You two lovebirds go find shelter." I said at Kass and Teba before rushing into the ruins alongside (Y/N).

"Its like Korok Forest here!" (Y/N) said as we stumbled through the barely visible ruins, their ears drooping with sadness.

My Zonai sounded very worried. I should help them calm down... I hate seeing their ears drooping like that.

"Don't worry, (Y/N)." I held their hand tightly. "We'll fix this. Just... don't give me that sad look, okay?"

"Hm... you're great at comforting."

"I'm great at everything."

"Heh!" (Y/N)'s ears finally perked up happily.

"Much better. Now, let's keep going-"

Before we could even take another step, the sound of a guardian aiming towards us filled the air. And sure enough, the aiming laser appeared right where we stood.

"What...? A Guardian?! What is a guardian doing in the ruins?!" (Y/N) panicked again, their happy smile fading into a worried pout.

"No idea, but we have to deal with it. Just leave it to-"

Suddenly, Link popped out of nowhere and leaped right onto the guardian, stabbing it in the eye. "WHA- WHERE DID YOU COME FROM, IDIOT HYLIAN?!" I complained before the guardian fell defeated.

"Is everyone alright?" The princess walked up to us as Link went back to standing next to her. "We were told about the situation and hurried as fast as we could to help!"

"Princess, you shouldn't be here. It's dangerous!" (Y/N) seemed even more worried now.

"But Link is with me-"

"Hah! Like he could protect anyone by himself." I laughed, looking at the stupid Hylian knight. "Without that sword, he wouldn't be able to do anything!"

"Revali... don't be so mean to Link." (Y/N) sighed, rubbing their eyes. "Let's just go catch Khoga and get out of here, okay?" Their tone was weirdly pessimistic, as if they were done with all this.

I've never seen (Y/N) act like this before... are they alright? I should talk to them, but with the princess and... ugh, Link here, it's impossible.

"Princess, please go back to town. We can't risk losing you." (Y/N) spoke monotonically as we started walking deeper into the ruins. The princess sighed and started heading back, but Link stayed and followed us.

As we walked into the forest, I saw that (Y/N) was rambling about something to Link...

"Hmph... they should be talking to me instead of him... What are they even talking about anyway?"

I decided to walk a little closer to eavesdrop on the conversation. This is wrong... but...

"I just... It's been rough, man." (Y/N) sighed. "With the whole Yiga Clan thing, I can't just stay put and watch as they get closer to bringing back the Calamity! I can't let them do that... I can't lose him..."

Link looked at (Y/N) in confusion when they said that last part. At least I know he doesn't know we're a couple...

"You know, you're a great listener, Link." Suddenly, (Y/N) wrapped the short Hylian with a hug. "Thanks, man..."

No... No! I don't want them hugging him! I'm a great listener too! Why didn't they talk to me instead of them?!

"Hmph..." I audibly pouted, catching (Y/N)'s attention.

(Y/N) turned to me with an eyebrow raised. "Are you... okay, Revali?"

"I'm fine. It's just..." I looked over at Link with annoyance.

"Oh." (Y/N) sighed and chuckled. "Link, could you give us a moment?"

The stupid Hylian nodded and walked a bit farther away, leaving us with enough room to talk. Finally.

"Love, are you jealous?" (Y/N) giggled playfully.

"WHAT?! ME?! JEALOUS?!" I can't believe it! How did they know?

"Mhm. You were staring at Link angrily the whole time." (Y/N) crouched down to face me eye to eye. "It's kind of cute, actually..."

"I'm not cute! And I'm not jealous! I just... don't like that you talked to Link instead of me." I crossed my arms angrily. "He's just a stupid Hylian, and I'm your boyfriend!"

"One, you are cute." (Y/N) giggled, pinching my cheek. "And two, it's alright to be jealous. And I didn't tell you about this cause I thought you would find it annoying..."

"Oh..." I guess they're right. By the way I acted with them usually, it was to be expected they would assume that kind of stuff...

"You know you can come talk to me whenever, (Y/N). I'm here for you." I held their soft hand with care.

"Thank you, love." (Y/N) leaned in to kiss me, but I stopped them right in their tracks.

"Come on, not in front of him..." As much as I wanted that kiss, Link was still there. And with him around, there's no way I'm showing weakness."

"Awww..." (Y/N)'s ears drooped slightly. They always do this... and it always works. Ugh!

"Don't do the sad puppy face, (Y/N)... Don't take advantage of how cute you are."

"Too late! I know it's working, birdie!"

"Ugh... fine! We'll do something when we get back to town..."

"YEAAAH!" (Y/N) chimed happily. Maybe they were a bit too loud... since the Yiga Clan leader suddenly appeared in front of us.

"PEEKABOO!"

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes in annoyance as I pulled my bow. "What is it this time, whatever your name was?"

"IT'S MASTER KHOGA!" The Yiga Leader shouted angrily. "AND I GOT YOUR LITTLE TOY HERE, HAHA!" The leader pulled out the small white Sheikah robot that the princess always had around her. So that's what they stole...

"WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT, HMMM??" Khoga teased, doing a stupid pose before starting to ramble of how easily it was to steal the robot.

"Just shoot him, Revali." (Y/N) sighed. I was a bit taken aback by the bluntness, but...

"With pleasure!"

I took the shot, aiming right at him, but he teleported away before we could do anything about it...

"GAH! FLEE TO THE SKY ISLANDS!" The Yiga leader yelled before teleporting away.

"Wait... the sky islands?" (Y/N) put a pondering hand on their chin, stroking the small tuft of hair they had. "I feel like I heard that before..."

"Well, whatever they are, we have to find them." I sighed as I put away my bow. Can't believe that stupid idiot got away from us... it's all that Hylian's fault!... somehow.

"Wait... I got it!" (Y/N) snapped their fingers and quickly took a hold of me and Link's hand. "Let's be quick and hurry back to town. We need to find Kass!"

"Wha-" Before I could start questioning (Y/N)'s plan, they started to sprint through the thick fog back to town, pulling me and Link along.

After we got back to Zon'Hirith, we managed to find Kass and Teba in the medical hut. The same one we had been taken care of after The Calamity...

"You mentioned some kind of 'melody of the skylands', right?" (Y/N) asked the bard Rito as I looked from afar alongside Teba.

As the two mumbled, Teba and I stood in silence. Well... until he decided to break the ice.

"You're very lucky, Master Revali." He started with a soft neutral expression on his face.

"Lucky? For what exactly?"

"For having them." Teba pointed at (Y/N). Wait... how?!

"How did you-"

"That spot near the river's shore in the ruins was named after you two in our time. And it's a quite well known romantic spot for lovers..."

"Oh." I felt my face heating up from embarrassment. Everyone from the future knew about us?!

"No need to worry. I won't tell anyone who doesn't know, Master Revali."

"You better not..." I sighed in relief. "Well... at least now I know I have two places named after me in the future." I said proudly, trying to mask my embarrassment.

"As proud as always, Master Revali." Teba laughed.

Before we could keep talking, (Y/N) and Kass finally rushed back to us. "We have a plan!"

"Ugh, took you long enough!" I complained, nudging (Y/N). "What is this plan you have?"

"Well," Kass started, taking a step forward and showing us a music sheet. "I found this a while ago while exploring some ruins back in our time. And it came along with a riddle written on the wall next to the chest I found it in."

"Really? A music sheet?" I rolled my eyes. Where is this even going?

"Just wait, Revali." (Y/N) nudged me so I would shut up.

"The riddle went something like "Within this chest, a melody lies, to lift the islands up to the skies. Play it high with twice the instruments, with notes so clear, and watch the heavens draw near." I didn't understand what it meant back then... but I believe this might be the key to finding Master Khoga!"

"Bright as always, Kass." Teba smiled at the bard. "But... 'twice the instruments'? What does that mean?"

"I believe it might need two musicians to play the song." (Y/N) fidgeted with the little tuft of hair they had on their chin. I'm starting to think that's adorable... "I could play alongside Kass, but-"

"I can play the violin. I'm sure Kass would have a much easier time carrying one of us around than I would carrying him..."

I shamefully admitted. Just from looks, I could tell Kass was way heavier than I was. But at the same time, it wasn't just that...

"Oh! Well... of course! The melody did seem a bit hard to play on my accordion, so I'm sure you'll find it easy for your violin!" Kass smiled, thinking nothing of it. (Y/N) on the other hand had that look on their face again. I'm in trouble...

"Guys, can you give us a second?" (Y/N) asked as they walked closer to me. "I wanna talk to Revali..."

"Of course." Teba shrugged it off and pulled him and Kass out of the hut.

When they were out of hearing range, (Y/N) started giggling. "You're acting jealous again."

"No, I'm not." I can't believe they still catch me getting jealous.

"You are!" (Y/N)'s giggles turned into an outright laugh. "Oh, I can't believe it..."

"Why are you amused by this?!" I grunted, crossing my arms and looking away.

"I'm not amused. It's just... funny." (Y/N) stopped laughing and crouched slightly to talk face to face. "You know there's no need to be jealous. No one can steal me away from you."

"I know." I sighed, placing my arms around (Y/N)'s shoulders. "I don't know why I act this way... it's not how a champion should act." I was very mad at myself. And I knew (Y/N) could tell.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up for that, birdie." (Y/N) wrapped their arms around me. It was fairly comfortable... "Just try to get your jealousy under control, alright?"

"Fine." I rolled my eyes in annoyance, trying to pretend I wasn't enjoying the embrace. "Well, we should head out, shouldn't we?"

"Right!" (Y/N) stood up and reached for their guitar. "You left your violin at the castle that night. So I had to take care of it." (Y/N) playfully nudged me, handing me over my violin.

"How is it that I keep forgetting about it?" I sighed as we both finally stepped out.

"I think this is high enough!" (Y/N) yelled as we reached high up into the sky, almost to the limit before the temperature would just freeze us all. I'm glad (Y/N) learnt from their mistakes and actually got warm clothes this time. Their warm, fluffy scarf and cloak kept them from freezing.

"Alright then, do your part, champions!" Kass cheered as (Y/N) and I pulled out our respective musical instruments.

"Here goes nothing..." I took a deep breath before starting to play alongside (Y/N). The melody was fairly nice to listen to, but that wasn't what mattered...

As the melody came to an end, we all stared up at the sky, expecting something to happen. A few seconds went by...

"Did it work...?"

Suddenly, massive pieces of land started to lower down from the sky. (Y/N) and Kass' dumb plan somehow worked...

"Holy Hylia!" (Y/N) looked at the islands in awe. I was surprised too, but... my attention was on (Y/N)'s adorable surprised expression.

The nearest (and biggest) island to us seemed to be where the Yiga Clan was hiding. How did we know? Well...

"Very smart strategy to cover your whole secret base with the Yiga Clan symbol..."

I grunted ironically as we landed back on solid ground.

"Well, at least their stupidity is beneficial to us." Teba sighed as he looked around the island. "Hey, (Y/N)... do you know how to read ancient Zonai language?"

"Yeah? Why do you ask?" They replied as we walked over to where Teba was standing.

"I found a... temple, of sorts? I'm not sure what it is. But it has text written all over the wall." Teba pointed out as we walked into the small structure.

It was a white building with murals and texts written on the walls, as Teba pointed out. It kind of looks like the temple we found in the depths that night when (Y/N) got their secret stone.

"Look at this one.' I pointed at one particular mural that caught my attention. "Is that a dragon...?"

"I think?" (Y/N) inspected the mural alongside me. "Let me read the inscription..."

"Power of... light... time... and heal..." (Y/Nl squinted their eyes as they struggled to read the distorted text. "That's all I can figure out."

"Interesting!" Kass suddenly walked up to us with a small notebook. He had drawn the mural to perfection and the inscriptions alongside the translations. "Good thing I brought my diary."

After that banter, we finally went back to looking for... Khoga. Ugh. Just his name sickens me.

We finally managed to track down the leader of the Yigas and give him a good beating. Annoyingly enough, he ran away. Again. But no matter that. We got the robot back, at least. And thankfully, the fog in the ruins disappeared alongside the clan leader.

We descended back to solid ground and gave the Sheikah bot back to the princess. She inspected the artifact to make sure it wasn't broken or harmed, but in doing so... she found some kind of recording.

"Just a week before we unleash the calamity, right boss?" A Yiga member spoke in an irritating tone.

"CORRECT! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE ACTUALLY PULLING ALL THIS OFF IN JUST A WEEK!"

And that's all the recording said...

The princess looked devastated as she ran back to the castle, presumably to alert the king about the news. But more importantly...

"I... I can't believe it..." (Y/N) looked down at the floor as tears started to roll down their eyes. "The Calamity is coming back in a week..."

"(Y/N), don't cry... we already had this talk, remember?" I placed a comforting hand on their face, stroking it gently. "Everything will be fine. I promised you that, and I don't plan on breaking that promise."

"I know, but... I'm not ready to face that thing again." (Y/N) wiped away some of the tears rolling down their face. "It almost killed us... and it feels like it was just yesterday..."

"Look." I sighed as I continued to try and comfort my Zonai, stroking their cheek. "One week is still plenty of time. We'll be prepared." I felt a soft smile creeping its way onto my beak. "And if it helps... I still owe you something from earlier."

"That's... true." (Y/N) sniffled softly as their tears came to a stop. "And about that debt...I'm in serious need of some good cuddles."

"As you wish, dummy." I giggled, sweeping (Y/N) off their feet to carry them back to the temple his bedroom was in. "Cuddles it is..."

I can't believe how soft I've gotten since I met (Y/N)... I'm saying stupid, cheesy stuff, toying with their fur, complimenting them, teasing them... and as much as I hate to admit this, I'm enjoying all of it. I'm still tough, but... I guess I've developed a soft side thanks to (Y/N). "I don't think you know how much I care about you, dummy..."

A/N: SORRY THIS CHAPTER TOOK SO LONG! its 2800 words long so... yeahhhhhh. Anyways, ill try to upload the next part sooner, since it might be shorter. emphasis on the MIGHT. Thx to you guys who keep reading this stuff lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
680K 33.6K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
23.7K 854 36
"What's that? Ooh, what IS that?" Well, it's a book. A book about a girl. A book about a monster with a conscience. A book about a friendly box and a...
2.2K 62 7
Moana crosses the ocean on her sailboat from Motunui and finds herself landing in San Fransokyo. She meets Hiro as she steps foot in the city and he...