VIPER ♱ b. o'conner

By letterstoflames

"Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again." - Siddartha Guatama (Buddha) A F... More

Intro + Cast
- 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈
01 : welcome back
02 : new cars and new deals
03 : sunday barbecue
04: the beginning
05: race wars
06 : the betrayal
07 : another lifetime
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈
08: new beginning
09 : new assignment
10: new promises
11: new boundaries
12: new lies
interlude part one
interlude part two
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈
16 : the aftermath
17: the team
18: the plan
19: the change
20: the grief

13: new endings

226 11 3
By letterstoflames

The boys were standing in front of Markham and Bilkins, with the latter wearing a Hawaiian shirt. They had called an emergency meet up due to the news Monica dropped on Brian that morning. Lala strutted up to the little group, a folder in her hands. She was adorned in a black cropped tank top that showed off her tanned stomach along with a pair of dark blue daisy dukes. She had a belly chain around her waist that hooked into her belly button piercing.

"Nice shirt, Baldy." She laughed while stopping between Brian and Rome. They had gotten there just minutes before her as she had to go get paperwork for Bilkins.

"It's my day off." He defended himself poorly.

"Well, anyhow, this is the deal. Last night Verone threatened a cop into giving us a window." Brian explained to the agents.

Lala nodded before continuing for him. "They're going to the Keys, it should be right off of Nallwood Avenue. He has an airstrip there and he plans on taking off for good."

"Wait a minute, how do you know this?"

He shrugged, "Monica. She's doing her job, she warned us."

"She warned you about what?" He questioned and Brian bit his lip, looking over at Lala who didn't get told this information yet.

"Verone plans to kill us after we give him the money." He states hesitantly, his eyes watching the wave of emotions going over his girl's face.

"What?!" She screamed at him as Bilkins lost his temper too.

"Driving into an ambush wasn't the deal. I'm calling it off." He pulled out a phone just for Markham to grab at him.

"Like hell you are. This is a Customs' case, Bilkins. No one's calling this off unless I do." He demanded angrily to him for undermining his authority.

The amount of anger that his words made Lala feel was indescribable. She wanted nothing more than to punch him square in the face for not acknowledging the danger her boys would be put in.

"Look, this is real simple. Make the run, get Verone and his cash together, so I can move in. You don't and I'll file enough charges on you to make you disappear. You included, Ortiz - street royalty or not." He spoke, Lala narrowed her eyes while gripping the folder she held in her arms. "Take these, we're gonna have GPS on you so you don't get any cute ideas."

Bilkins looked at him incredulously. "And to make sure nothing happens to them, right?"

"Yeah, right." Markham rolled his eyes and walked away from the group.

Lala watched his figure retreating then turned to the others. "I'll meet you back at the garage. I gotta clear some things up."

Brian nodded and kissed her temple, dragging Rome outside with him to form a plan. She waited until she heard the door close before looking at Bilkins again.

"Let's have a seat." He led her over to a small table setup, a bag of food sitting at one end. He grabbed it and set it to the side. "What do you have for me, Miss Aguilar?"

Lala sat down and slid the folder over to him. "I found out why he keeps calling me Violet Ortiz, it's my actual name not Lolita Aguilar. Haley says she knows nothing, my mother won't answer my calls."

"And what exactly does this have to be brought to my attention?" He asked while flipping through the folder.

"Your name is on the sealed file that's under my record. Somebody unsealed something but all I can see is the name Violet Ortiz." She leaned forward in anticipation. "You sealed a file that's attached to my birth record and court ordered documents. Violet Ortiz doesn't exist in any records that I can access. Why?"

"You won't be able to go back to the way things used to be once you find out the truth, Lala. This is going to change who you are and how you viewed your entire life. Is this what you want?" He sighed and clasped his hands together on the table.

"I need to know everything you know." She nodded and set her hands on the table.

Bilkins gave her a face, one she couldn't describe the emotion of. "I was investigating your father for illegal races and alleged involvement with moving drugs."

"My dad? Donnie Ortiz was a lot of things but a criminal wasn't one of them." She defended.

"Not Donnie." He shut her down, "Jack."

Lala felt like the air left her lungs as she slumped back in the plastic chair. "Jack?"

Bilkins gave her a look of pity, he felt bad for the young woman. She reminded him so much of his daughter.

"You were born Violet Lynn Ortiz on February 19, 1982 to Mariam Ortiz and Jack Toretto. When you were about a year old, there was a break in at Mariam's home where you were in the living room with her while Leticia was asleep in bed. The men who broke in assaulted your mother due to a previous issue with Jack. I met her at the hospital along with Donnie to question them about what had happened. He was very angry but desperate to keep Letty safe, along with you, so he agreed to helping me bring in Toretto if I could help protect you."

Lala listened to him speaking but it felt like she was listening through a tunnel or a shitty phone. She couldn't stop the tears that were falling down her face silently. Donnie wasn't her dad, Jack was. She wasn't an Ortiz at all and she had no idea how to process that information.

"Your name was legally changed to Lolita Jade Aguilar and all the previous records of you were wiped or sealed. Donnie gave you his wife's last name but you were raised as his daughter. Markham went snooping into the history of last year's case and ended up in a rabbit hole. Turns out he went over me to unseal your birth certificate, that's how he knows who you are."

"So...I'm not an Ortiz?" She questioned in a shaky tone.

"You were raised as an Ortiz, kid. That's all that matters to your family. None of the others from last year are aware of your birthright to our knowledge other than O'Conner but he was only made aware the night that Customs picked him up." He touched her hand lightly with a sad smile.

"So what does this mean for me?" She squeezed his hand while blinking away her tears and wiping her face with her other hand.

His sad smile turned into a slowly amused one. "You're a Toretto."

-

Once Lala had calmed down, she made her way across town to the garage. All that was on her mind was the fact that she wasn't truly an Ortiz but rather a Toretto which changed everything in her head. She missed out on years of familial experiences with all of her siblings. She always wondered why Jack took care of her like his own when she was a kid and now she knew. But she didn't want to believe it, not until she talked to her mother.

She climbed out of her car with a somber expression and walked over. Suki was finishing up decals on her latest project, while Jimmy was working on another car.

"Hey babes." She spoke sweetly and tapped Jimmy's arm while looking around. "What are we working on?"

"Cars for y'all's big job tomorrow. B and Rome are outside at the docks." He jerked his chin towards the back door. "Suki is finishing up your baby later and then we can test run her."

"Thanks, J." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and glanced over at Suki. "I ain't even gonna disturb her but I'll check with you two later."

She walked outside while grabbing a burrito that had her name on the wrapper from the side table. Her eyes scanned the docks until she found her boys leaning against a railing.

"When did you start eating so much?" She could hear Brian ask Rome as she got to them. He stepped back so that she could rest her weight against his body and off of her leg.

"I was in jail, bruh. I know how shitty the grub is on the inside. The way things are shaping up out here right now it'll be a matter of time before I'm back in there." Rome ate the sandwich in his hand.

"Or dead." Lala pitched in with a bit of bitterness in her voice, referring to the threat against the boys' lives.

Brian gave her a look while Rome continued to talk. "So I'm trying to eat all I can while I can. Plus, the doctor tells me I got a high metabolism."

She laughed and took a bit of her own food, relishing in the sweet and spicy taste of the sauce.

"You remember us growing up, playing football in the dirt?" Brian asked him absentmindedly, his arms wrapping around Lala. "Getting into trouble. All the stupid things we did?"

Lala laughed and leaned her head against his chest. "I've gotta hear some of these stories."

"I got plenty about your boy." Rome joked.

"When you got busted..." Brian trailed off and looked over at Rome. "...whether I was a cop or not, if there was anything I could have done - I would have done it. I just want you to know that."

She could feel his heart beating heavily behind her head. Her hand made its way to his arm and rubbed it soothingly before stepping out of his arms and leaning on the railing to give them their moment.

"Is that why you let that dude go in L.A.?" Rome asked curiously. He knew Brian felt bad for everything since he came back to help clear his name. Hell, he's known for years but he wanted somebody to blame.

Brian smiled to himself and looked over to where Lala stood, her hands bracing the railing as she watched the sun setting over the horizon. "Yeah, I think that had a lot to do with it."

"When I got busted it wasn't your fault. It was all on me. Mr. Roman Pearce wild'n out, crazy man. No one could tell me nothing. Riding solo." Rome ranted on and on venting about himself and his past.

"Yeah well not anymore." Brian says and motions for Lala to come back over to them. "Not anymore, bro."

Lala wraps her arms around his waist and smiles over at Rome. "You got us, Rome. Always."

She watched as her boys fist bump with a wide smile on her face. Even though she just met Roman Pearce this week, she felt a strong attachment to him already. She knew he'd be one to stick around and rely on in the future - if they made it out of this alive.

Her eyes made their way up to Brian's face with a look of admiration and trust. He obviously didn't tell her what he found out due to the timing of everything but she wasn't mad at him for it. If anything she adored her man even more for protecting her from her past even if it was only a few days until she pieced it together herself.

-

Shortly after 6 o'clock the next morning, Lala sat on the backseat of Carter Verone's SUV with panic running through her veins. Monica was seated next her and Carter was in the front seat with one of his men. She tapped her fingers on her leg and glanced around the car. They definitely weren't at the airstrip and all she could do was hope and pray their plan didn't go into action before Brian got the actual drop location.

Finally, she heard the sound of a car approaching where they were parked. Carter got out and ushered her and Monica out of the vehicle, too. She looked over and saw Brian being let out but didn't see Rome or his car anywhere in sight which sent her nerves on edge even more.

"Where's the rest?" Carter questioned, the bags not adding up in front of him.

"The other car." Brian bluntly informed him, his eyes locked on his girl's body checking her over for visible harm.

"Another car? Where's the other car?" He was irritated, very irritated with the turn of events.

"On the way." Brian still didn't make eye contact with Carter.

"So you know nothing about the agents that stormed my jet?" He questioned in a knowing tone. A tone that made Brian tense up just like the two girls did. He made them. "The funny thing is, I only told one person about the airstrip. Custom agents sure are getting pretty, aren't they?"

Monica flinched as Carter held his gun close to her face, pushing the hair out of the way. "Put her on the boat."

She fought against the man who was trying to move her away from Lala. This caused Carter to shove the shotgun in her face angrily. "Get on the boat." She finally complied, sharing a look with Lala.

"Now, as for this one." Carter spoke, dragging his words out. "She seems valuable to you. Unfortunately, I have no use for her anymore."

"Carter..." She breathed out, her accent faltering in fear.

"You could've been a great asset, V. If only your loyalties could lie elsewhere." He made a tsk noise with his mouth while circling being her.

Before anybody could utter another word, Lala's vision went black. Carter had taken the end of the shotgun and slammed it into the back of her head with force. Her body crumpled to the ground in front of him, Brian's body pumping with pure hatred.

"Hide the cars and get ride of him. Bring her, we'll dump her off shore." She got picked up and thrown over the shoulder of one of the men then carried onto the boat. Meanwhile Brian was forced back into the car.

Lala stayed in a state of unconsciousness while Brian, and Rome who had saved him, jumped the dock with their car and landed on the boat. Monica had Carter pinned at the end of his own shotgun while Lala was laying on the seats nearby. Brian and Rome had made it out alive, with the latter dealing with an injured shoulder.

She came to surrounded by EMTs while being looked over inside of an ambulance. Her hand went to her head with a groan and she sat up. "Fuck." She swore under her breath, her head feeling much heavier than normal.

"Easy there, Miss Aguilar." Bilkins' voice sounded from the doors of the ambulance. She stood with the help of a paramedic and stepped out of the ambulance. Her hands shielded the sun from her eyes.

"If this is heaven, I'd rather hell." She muttered in annoyance which only made him chuckle. "Where's Brian? Did h-"

"Right there." He pointed to where Brian and Rome were with Markham in front of them. Brian looked slightly disheveled with a bruise starting to form on his jaw. Rome had his arm in a sling, and was dropping bags in front of Markham.

Lala started to walk over with Bilkins right behind her but Monica intercepted them. She set a hand on Lala's arm gently with a small smile. "I'm glad you're okay, Lolita."

"I'm glad you're okay, too." She grimaced slightly at the fake sweetness of her tone.

"For what it's worth, you were a good friend to have during all of the craziness. Even if it was just working the case together." Monica said with a knowing tone, she figured Lala would've found out about her and Brian by now.

"So were you, even though you kissed my fiancé." She gave her another forced smile and stepped around her to get to her man.

Brian stepped forward and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. "Thank god, baby. I was worried as hell." He whispered in her ear while holding her.

"I love you." She whispered back and held onto him while breathing in his scent. It didn't hit her until that moment that Brian could've actually died and the last thing they'd said to each other was to be safe. She was in such a rush she forgot to say she loved him.

Bilkins' voice broke them apart from their embrace. "We took care of your decoys. They're free and clear. There's a sedan out on the road for you, try to bring it back in once piece."

"Thanks a lot, Bilkins." Brian thanked the older man with a handshake. "You're all right. Thanks for looking out."

Lala smiled at the man as well, "yeah, thanks for everything."

"Do you trust me now?" Monica teased at Rome, causing Lala to stifle a scoff. Rome was hard with trust but her record of flirting with made it slightly harder.

"You're all right." Rome repeated Brian's words as the two shook hands. A groan emitted from Rome's mouth when Monica accidentally shook the injured one.

"Sorry." She apologized then shook Brian's. "Nice working with you, O'Conner."

"Same here." Brian smiled politely at the woman and put his arm over Lala's shoulder. Monica glanced back over her shoulder as they walked away only to be met with Lala's eyes locked on her.

"I might have to stay here in Miami and keep you out of trouble, bruh." Rome said and nudged Lala. "You too, miss thang. You know what I'm talking about."

The trio laughed together before making their way from the scene. Lala and Brian interlocked their hands and swung them slightly as they went.

"You're going to kick it in Miami?" Brian asked Rome as they walked.

"Yeah, you gonna stay? Meet the kid and all?" Lala looked over.

"I love Miami. Miami is off the hook! Besides, somebody gotta show your kid how to be smooth like Uncle Rome." He joked and fist bumped Brian's free hand. Lala smiled at the rekindled bromance in front of her. They needed each other, all three of them did.

"Open a garage together?" Brian questioned and looked over at Lala. "One we can call our own, since you and Tej got yours."

"Really?" She furrowed her brows and looked between the two. "How are y'all gonna afford that shit, baby?"

Rome made a face in agreement. "Yeah, Brian. How are we going to do that?"

Lala stopped walking as Brian halted them in place. He looked around for any wandering officers before leaning in closer to Rome. "Pockets ain't empty, cuz."

Her eyes got wide at his revelation, she was in no way shape or form surprised at what he did. They all thought the same way.

Rome glanced around, too. "And we ain't hungry no more." He lifted the hem of his shirt to reveal the money stuffed into the band of his pants.

They shared a laugh and looked over at Lala. She shook her head before unclipping her brace, revealing the wads she shoved down in the support gear. At least 3 grand was stuffed around her leg from the center console in Carter's SUV. She then clipped it back up with a smug expression.

They finally got what they all wanted, a clean slate. Brian and Lala knew they'd be in Miami for a while longer before venturing back to Los Angeles to reunite with Letty and Mia. In time they would make their way back home for good but for now they were doing what they did best and living a quarter-mile at a time.

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

That concludes the end of Act 2! There will be a two chapter interlude upcoming, then Lala will return for Fast Five in Act 3! Thank you so much for over 3k reads. Don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Also, if you would like to follow me on here to stay up to date with any announcements coming out about Viper or upcoming stories, please do! My other socials will be linked on my account soon.

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.3K 27
𝑁𝑎𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑎 ℎ𝑎𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝, 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑑�...
93K 1.3K 8
What if the Toretto's had another sister? What if this sister had been kidnapped. What if while looking to bring Letty home, they also find their sis...
300K 6K 27
[I originally wrote this on quotev. This will be an updated version, of it. Check it out on quotev, my account is im_just_fangirling] "I live my lif...
406K 10.3K 87
"𝘚𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦..." When Valentina Ortiz comes across undercover cop, Brian O'Conner things get complicated. Real co...