LOST YOU, FOUND HIM (a redisc...

By Authorashy

True love never dies, it all induces when Kathy has a little crush on her neighbour Ryan who is goofy, and a... More

𝗕𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱
𝗗𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗔𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-22/ Part-1-
-22/ Part-2
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
- Finale-
-Epilogue-

-21-

2.8K 331 120
By Authorashy

21.

After one week,

Leering towards my closet, I stood there for a couple of minutes trying to figure out any of the fit. Suddenly the door of my room opened. I turned around just to find Kaira entering my room.

"Jesus Christ, why are you ready yet?" To what I anticipated she was all dressed by now. My eyes were wide though to what she was wearing.

"My god, your dress is really pretty." I said while glancing at the fetching dress. "I know it's a lot pretty." She said as I smiled " And it's all covering not at all revealing." I said when she awkwardly chuckled. Until she showed her back.

"What the fuck is this?"

(kaira being kaira 😌💪)

I said howling out and cursing at her and the dress. "Calm down." "You're telling me to calm down." " You're almost naked" . I blurred out.

"At least I'm wearing something cause if you don't dress up in a minute I will take you out naked!" "Seriously, just wear any of these and dress up."  "I don't want to reach there late." I nodded while taking my light peach full sleeve satin dress out of the closet.

"Hmm, This is good." She said as I smiled, "at least it's not naked from the back." I mockingly replied. "You don't know how hard it took my friend to get this." "Anyways, promptly get ready in 5 minutes and come downstairs." "I'm waiting"... She said while turning around to walk away.

.........

Reaching at the destination, once I peeked through my window. Am I really ready for this? I asked myself. "Come on, let's get going inside." She said while opening the door of her side. "Kathy, come on?"

"What's wrong?"

She asked while observing me.

"A- are you sure, this will help?"

"Definitely! right now you need to stop thinking about him." "I got you here so that you can redirect your mind for a while."

"You need to admit it okay." "There is no end to it."

"Because you always thought deep down right after Ryan left California and shifted to NYC, you thought he would return to you." "Right?" She says I nodded.

"He is gonna come back to you." "Or certainly you will go to him." "I know."

She pauses and continues... "Just give him time and yourself for a while." "I'm sure it will work." She said while passing a small smile. "You're right." "He needs time." "Ryan needs time."

"Yeah, should we go?" She says while I nod my head and hops down from the car with her.

We both walked towards the entrance of the huge lounge. My eyes wandered around the whole lounge. It was beautifully decorated where to each side all the graduates were enjoying themselves in the form of groups.

"Kathy, come with me." She said while dragging me with her. We came across her group of friends. More like her gang! I could see a few new faces.

"Well let me introduce to my babes, this is Michelle, Lauren, Kacie." "And you already know Zia." She said as I greeted them with a pleasant smile.

"I don't know if it's too early." "But kaira and you're a lot different from each other." Kacie said as both smiled. "You're right!" "It's just not you who have said this to us."

We all kept on gossiping and I seemed to get a way with her other friends too. After all, I could divert my mind to the other side away from his thoughts. Until....

"Guys, he is here!" Michelle says as I looked at the side were her eyes been observing. Viewing properly I grasped its Jayce.

"Omg", I uttered near kaira's ears. It completely slipped out of my mind if Jayce is here then he would be here too. Ryan.

"What should I do now?" I murmured near her ears. And waited for her to reply. But she stood there all frozen gazing at Jayce's appearance. I decided to step on her feet, making her snap out of it. And I did so..

"Ouch" She said while shifting her gaze back at me.

"Are you nuts?" She said while almost howling out.

"Can't you see if he is here then Ryan must be here too." "Can you see Ryan anywhere near him?" She said as I looked at Jayce and around him. There wasn't any sign of him.

Jayce was here now, standing right in front of kaira. He glanced at me, how are you? He slowly mouthed. As I replied I'm better....

Maybe he didn't came here.

"Good evening Prof. Jayce." Kaira's friends greeted.

"It's fine, you guys can call me by name now." "I'm almost around your age." He said, as Kaira mockingly faced him.

"And at least I expected you to greet me properly!" He said, staring at kaira's face. "And why will I do it?" "Because I'm your professor."

"You were. Not anymore" she replied instantly as Jayce smiled. "Right now, my internship is over." "Enjoy yourself tonight." And he excused himself to join the party with his other friends.

After an hour,

"My god, kaira your sister is really fun to be around." Her friends said as I chuckled indeed I was having a good time with them. It just made me divert from all the hard days I had gone through. And I felt at ease.

"Kaira, did you listen to what your friends are saying?" I said when her head was facing somewhere else her gaze was fixed on something I looked into the way she was looking.

"What happened?" I said as she started to look at the other side. "Nothing"....

"Guys I really can't believe his internship is over."

"This means he won't be coming for the last university party," Michalle added. As kaira kept on listening to them.

"Seems like Ms Ava is hitting on Prof. Jayce." Kacie said as kaira's gaze shifted back at them. "They can make a good couple." Zia added.

And that was enough to persuade kaira.

She instantly stood up from the table. Without speaking a word she hastily approached Jayce.

Her friends started cackling loudly. "Did you guys know about this?"  "Yes, it's not just us, the whole university knows."

"Now she is finally making her move."

"Haha you're so amusing Ms Ava." I lied.

I took her arm while detaching away from me. God this woman is crazy. I said to myself and fake laughed. 

"But I question god, how can he make such good looking, young, talented, smart and hottie?"

" Hahaha, Mee too I really question him!" That why I exist for people like you. I said to myself. When my eyes fall on kaira. She stood from the table.

Oh where is she going?

Grasping that she was approaching us. Her eyes were fuming in anger. "Mr Jayce are you even listening to me?" "Are you free this Friday?" She said while holding my arm.

"No he is not."

My eyes looked straight up at her. It was kaira. She walked and stood beside me. And she shrugged off the other girl's hand off of me.

"You're certainly touching something which is mine."

"What are you doing?" Ava said

"And He is not free." Kaira repeated herself as I looked bewildered. "How do you know?" Ava questioned as I observed kaira smiling and looking at me.

Her tiny arm made its way to mine while swiftly wrapping her arm around me.

"Because"....

"He has a date with me." She said as I looked at her with widened eyes.

"Don't you know, you can't certainly date the professor of your own university?" "It's against the rules." Ava said as kaira chortle at her statement.

"And who said I'm still in this university." "Ms Ava, our semester is over." "I can date him and do whatever possible things I want to." "You don't have to interrupt."

"Such an impudent behaviour is this." Ava said as kaira kept on smiling at her like a maniac. "Why aren't you defending me?" Ava said as I stood there silently. "Come on Mr Jayce defend me!"

"Well".... eyeing kaira at once I said

"Well she is right, we both won't be a part of this university soon and defending you would make my date upset." "And I can't see her being upset"

The moment I said that Ava left from there.

As I sighed in relief. "She was such an insane woman." I said while kaira removed her hand off my arm. "What was that?" "upset my Date?" She said while mocking me.

Her lips were spread across, turning it into a huge laughter. I was mesmerised by her laughter. Snapping out to reality I cleared my throat to say. "What are you laughing at?" "If I would defend  her, that moment you would have definitely get upset." "As you're my date." I said as the smile on her face dropped.

"You're date?"

"Yes, you!"

"Since when?" She blurted.

"Since the moment you started pretending to be one in front of her."

"I was just pretending to be Jayce." "I really didn't mean it."

"I did though"...

"No more convo."

"Tomorrow dinner around 8 pm I will pick you from your house." I said and walked away without even hearing her. I was trying to control my smile. She indirectly wanted this so I'm making it happen.

The next day,

Instantly hopping down from my car, I rushed my way to the clinic. I should have been awarded for always being late to the clinic. I thought to myself and speeded up using all my strength.

Excusing myself from the people standing in my way. I looked at the elevator. There was a huge row of line waiting for the lift. "Wow!"  I groaned while observing it. Without wasting any seconds I took the stairs since i had no other option  but my stamina was almost dead by now.

Gosh I just hope I'm not late for the meeting. I said and reached the 4th floor where the meeting was supposed to hell. Eyeing over the entrance door,  it seemed already to be closed.

Being all anxious, my hands made their way towards the handle. I could hear a few voices. Damn it, I'm officially late. I said to myself and took a long deep breath to cool myself after puffing along. Pressing the door handle downwards, gently pushing the door frontwards I made my way inside the room.

As expected all the eyes were on me. The medical director was looking at me. Get ready to lose your job today. I said to myself and greeted.

"Oh look finally Dr. Kathy is here." He said as an awkward smile countenance on my face.

"I'm sor"- before I could explain myself and apologise. Dr. Elena spoke in between.

"She must be busy with her patients." "It's all understandable after all in the whole dietician department she is the most popular doctor." Elena said as I looked at her with widened eyes.

"Have a seat Dr. Kathy." The medical director said as I walked over. Before sitting I observed Megan was here too. I looked at her bewildered and tried asking what was going on but she virtually shook her head being clueless as me.

I sat on the chair. The stare of people didn't leave me alone. Their eyes were still fixed on me.

"We have checked the yearly reviews and we are so impressed that our hospital has received such great comments from the clients."

"So as y'all this meeting has been specially hosted for someone."

"And that someone is none other than Dr kathy."

The director said as my eyes widened more my heart beat rapidly increased. As I looked bewildered.

.........

"Cheers, to our new head of the department, Dr. Kathy Miller." The medical director said as all of them raised their glasses. The whole room was filled with all the best doctors, supervisors and the medical directors. Just to celebrate my new achievement.

"Also cheers to Megan for updating from causal nurse to the Chief nursing officer." Dr. Elena said as everyone raised their glasses including Megan. She seemed so happy. After a while her efforts paid off. Including mine.

This could be the best day in our lives.

"Aren't you drinking?" Dr. Elena asked as I looked at her.

"Yesss, I will." I lied,

she walked towards me while taking the glass and made me drink the wine from it. "It's the best day of our life, just enjoy it." She said as I gulped down the drink.

After an hour,

Stumbling on my feet, Megan held my arms to assist me. "Y- yo- you know what's is it to-today?" I asked while looking at Megan. "Yeah, today is the day when you achieved your goal." She said as I happily smiled. "Yayay, exactly!" "Woohoo." I started howling out.

Megan kept her hand on my mouth. "Can't you shut up!" "People might hear you." She said while making me sit on the chair. "Listen Kathy", she said I looked at her. "I will go and get something to sober you." "Just stay here and don't move."

"Okay madam",

I said while giggling as Megan left and I lowered my head to keep it on the table.

I should be really happy right?

I have finally achieved one of my goals.

Then why do I feel this pain? The absence of him.

A tear shed from my eyes and fell on the table.

When I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulders. Leading me to look up. "Abriel?" I said while trying to squint my eyes. "Yes." He sat beside me. "So head of the department huh?" "Congratulations kat." He said while passing a bright smile. "Thank you." I moved my face a bit closer to him. 

Introspecting all his facial features. His blue eyes, blond wavy hair. Pink tinted cheeks.

"You're handsome but not as much as he is."

"Are you drunk?" I nodded my head innocently. "By the way, who is more handsome than me?"He questioned as I was silent. "It's your crush?" I nodded my head again.

"You wanna know who is more handsome" I said, while taking my phone out. "Yes" he nodded his head. Opening the camera of my phone I raised my hand. "Smile" i said as abreil looked at me bewildered "let me take few pictures with you." As I said he smiled brightly while clicking pictures with me.

I opened my gallery to show him a pic of Ryan and prove that he is more handsome than him.

Suddenly, I heard Megan's voice, which almost started me leading my phone to slip from my hands.

Bending down under the table, I took my phone. It was already so dark in here that I couldn't see what's happening when my fingers accidentally pressed the send button.

TEXT MESSAGE

KATHY: Attachment ( send her pictures with Abreil)

RYAN: kathy?

RYAN: What is this?

RYAN: What is happening kathy?

Y'all wanna what's happening next? 😭 trust me the next part is gonna be everyone's favorite!

( 85+ comments needed and 260+ votes) please y'all don't forget to vote and comment it will keep me motivated ☹️🫶🏻 )

And apologize for not updating but i was busy with  eid celebrations and stuffs don't worry i will post the part by this Thursday if the target gets completed, Love yall 🎀🫶🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 6.5K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...
28.6K 2.2K 43
Book one in Forever' Series #FIRST IN ROMANCE #FIRST IN BEST MOM #FIRST IN TWISTS #FIRST IN TURNS Ariana & Ryan, the best friends forever. Their fri...
32.3K 1.3K 40
"I won't let him look at you, touch you, feel you. Because you're mine and I don't like others touching and stealing what's mine," he whispered in my...
10.2K 564 26
'Being someone's first love may be great, but to be their last is perfect.' *** Nora and Sarah were known for their friendship in their college. Unti...