Never

By Nakornie

Name : Izuku Midoriya Status : orphan Quirk : quirkless Futur : dreams of becoming a hero to help people. Pro... More

Author note
0. Butterfly effect
1. Welcome to hell !
2. Liberty and worried daddy
3. Kitta and Hitoshi grit their teeth
4. The red eyed demon
5. Friends ?
6. Family
8. Bait
9. Release of a demon
10. How I got this name
11. Race against time
12. Video and runaway
13. I'm her father / ... Huh ?!
14. Confessions, part 1
15. Confessions, part 2
16. Alone on a roof
17. Solace
18. Fights
19. The Aizawa juniors

7. Bonding

5 0 0
By Nakornie

Kita's POV

I'm stressing on the way to school. Dad leaves me in front of it, wishing me a good day, but after that I need a solid minute to decide to enter. And while I step forward I see Shinso, frozen before the gate.

I step in front of him and face him, tilting my head, curious. He blinks and come back to earth, surprised, then mistrustful. I give him a slightly tensed smile then turn around to enter, stopping two steps away to address him a questioning glance.

He straightens, adjusts the straps of his bag then nods to me before joining me. We walk like that, side by side, until we reach our classrooms, which happen to be in front of each other.

We share one last glance before parting. I'm stressed, but weirdly, when I enter, I'm immediately ignored by the light cabal. They turn when I arrive, then look away right away.

Wahoo. For a good change it's a good change.

It won't last. Did you see their eyes ?

Yeap. Full of hatred. But they won't attack now. The blue probably healed them but look, they are still slightly injured ( he his only a three bands, not a full one after all ). A trap in a few days seems more likely.

You humiliated them. They will make you pay, probably by humiliating you too. Avoid the populated areas or the ones easily visible. Well, if you want to avoid combat that is, you know I would prefer

I know, I know. Good advice, thanks.

The morning passes without accidents, and for the first time in two months I don't have to jump through the window to go to eat. I remember on the last second that I'm supposed to meet with Shinso, and that he probably can't jump from the third floor.

So I force myself to walk past the gang to the corridor. My heart goes a mile a minute but nothing happens. Shinso is already here, and surprisingly when his tormentors leave the class they superbly ignore us. I note that they all limp a bit and hide a smirk.

The lunch is a bit weird. Shinso bring us to one of his hideouts, and I'm quite impressed by his inventiveness. I would have never find it alone. Only little inconvenience : we have to stay sit, pressed against each other.

I get my bento, and notice that his is almost empty. I slightly frown, my theory about his home-life coming back to me. Without a word I cut my lunch in two and put half of it in his lunch-boxe.

He stares at me with incredulity but I shrug and eat my part as if nothing happened. After a long hesitation he does the same, then we wait for the start of the class in a peaceful silence.

When the bell rings the end of the day the events repeat, except this time we get out of school instead of hiding. We walk for a few meters, and once we're far enough from school we stop, not really knowing what to do anymore. We stare at each others, not as distrustful but a lot more awkward.

Then eventually we say goodbye and go home.

It lasted that way for three days. Threes days of staying together and communicating only from time to time by writing on a piece of paper. Three days of waiting for an attack that never came. The evening of the third day however, something changed.

We leave together as usual, put a safety distance between us and the school, then stop to look at each other, not knowing what to do. And then, without warning, a little woman with gray hair in a bun comes toward us, laying on a cane. I stare at her, surprised. She stops before us and signs.

Lady : Excuse me, could you please give me directions to the station ?

Me : Go straight to the city Hall, then turn right and you'll see it.

Lady : Thank you young ones, you're very kind. You're saving me, it's rare to find someone knowing sign language, so two at once is quite a miracle !

Huh ? I turn toward Shinso, who turns to me at the same time, both of us in the middle of signing a « you welcome ».

Shinso and I : You can sign ?!

The lady chuckles seeing our stupefied faces, thanks us and leaves. We stare at each other for a while, then suddenly a chuckle escape me, and become a full giggle. Shinso deadpans, which make me laughs even harder.

Shinso : What is so funny ?

Me : For three days we've been struggling to communicate, writing on a peace of paper, while we could both sign from the beginning ! And we find out about it like... like THIS ! It's just ridiculous !

He stares at me for a moment then chuckles, looking away. And before we can understand we're both laughing our asses off, siting on the sidewalk.

When we eventually calm down we share a smile. I haven't had a laugh like that for... years ? I must have been six. Seeing Shinso's face it must be the same for him. And to say it started because of something so stupide and insignificant. So simple.

Me : Would you like to spend some time together ? Or do you prefer to go home ?

His face darkens. He seems to internally struggle, then signs.

Shinso : Where would you like to go ?

Me : The beach ? There is no-one there.

Shinso : Dagobah beach ? It's a waste dump !

Me : There is a touristic street not far, we could buy an ice cream then go to the beach, it would be calm, nobody would come to look for us there. And I'm curious to see what we can find among the scums.

Shinso : Society's scums ?

I snigger. Dark humor huh ? It fits him.

Me : So ? I pay the ice-creams.

Shinso : Ok. I don't have anything better to do anyway.

I snort. As if. So, we go to the beach, buy ice creams to a little shop that has seen better days, then go among the piles of trash. We find a couch and sit there to eat our ice creams in front of the waves.

Then, as I was finishing to lick the stick of my magnum, Shinso turned to me.

Shinso : I've been wondering for a while... the rumors say that you flee by jumping through the window every lunch break and afternoon, but we're at the third floor, so is it true ?

I simply nod, but he seems dubious. So I get up, quickly scan our surrounding, then start to climb a pile of trash. Shinso tries to stop me, but by the time he notices I'm already meters above the ground.

When I reach the top I'm on a tower slightly unstable, around three floors above ground, a bit higher than the window of my classroom. Shinso down there looks at me with a mix of fear, curiosity and shit-she-is-completely-nuts. I smile at him and gesture him to step away, then aim for a clean zone and jump.

I land in a roulade on the sand, get up and dust myself, without a scratch. I turn toward Shinso, who looks at me with wide eyes, the remainder of his ice cream melting on his hand.

Shinso : Where did you learn that ?!

Me : I lived in the streets for a few years before being found and adopted by my father. There I learned to escape any dangers and to fight. Would you like me to teach you ? We could train together !

He hesitated a moment. Then is gaze became resolute and he nodded. I smile at him, genuinely exited. I had a friend !

Shinso's POV

It's been two weeks since I met Aizawa. I still have troubles believing it. Every morning we would met at the gate and go together to class. We were superbly ignored by our respective tormentors, but we were still hiding every lunch break in a different place.

Now she would always bring two meals to give me one. At first I protested, but ever since she forcefully fed me I would accept it without trouble. It took me a few days to get used to having one real meal per day.

And even more. For after the class, from 5pm to 8pm we trained at the beach, then go eating an ice cream, and every morning she would bring me pancakes. I alway kept leftovers for the weekend, it was lifesaving.

For the training, we had planned it together. First warmups, where I would try to imitate her since she had more experience, and visibly was more skilled. Then we would run for half an hour, trying to go as far as possible, and Aizawa always had to come back to join me since I barely made half of her distance.

After that she was teaching me how to climb the trash towers and jump from them, starting at two to three meters, then going higher and higher. After almost two weeks of training I could jump from the second floor without much trouble, and was starting to climb the towers quite well. Never as fast as Aizawa though.

Then we would clean the beach. I pointed out that it would be a good bodybuilding exercice and she instantly agreed, planning the best way to do so, since each object requires us to use different muscles. It was quite satisfying to know that we were contributing in cleaning the beach. It was a bit as if we were heroes.

Afterwards we would come back by running, then end the training with a swimming session. Again, it was Aizawa that bought me a swimsuit since I never had one because of financial issues. It was supposed to be training, but looked more like a game, at least for her. I would try to catch her, and her to escape me. I haven been able to even graze her yet.

After all this we would go buy an ice cream and take a walk, signing or simply staying silent. None of us ever talked, but we were both confortable when in each other's company. Even if I swear that none of us knew when it happened.

Today was Friday. I was packing my stuff with impatience. I had merciless aches due to training but I liked it, it meant that it was working. I could even see my strength, speed and stamina slowly increase. Plus, I liked this moments spent with Aizawa, it was nice to have a friend with whom I could relax, talk and laugh. My dark humor was rubbing on her.

But as I was getting ready to leave, roots came out of the ground to catch my feet. I looked up and saw Bark. And he wasn't alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 15K 51
Both of Izuku's parents abandon him and he's forced to go to an abusive orphanage. What happens when he gets adopted by criminals just to escape duri...
641K 18.3K 58
Name: Izuku Midoriya Age: 16 Quirk: Demons Heart: His quirk gives him the appearance and the power of a demon. Red eyes, retractable claws, wings, a...
122K 3.9K 55
Izuku is grateful to be trading his life full of pain and abuse for one of love and support, but with this comes plenty of new challenges. From overp...
7.5K 230 31
Izuku Modoriya always felt alone. Hidden behind his glasses, he stayed away from the world. The world was too dangerous. Too unpredictable. He hated...