Pokémon - That's a weird-look...

By Vauschenn

Bringing the Sinnoh Champion and the Subway Boss back home meant that Arceus' attention was in one area. In t... More

Twitter: The Unknown Update
First Contact
Fandom Discourse
Galar Doesn't Exist: More at 10
Arceus Take the Wheel
Inter-dimensional Show-And-Tell
Loredump Time :)
What the Arcanine doing?
Oh shit, the crocs are sentient
What do we do when we don't have Pokeballs?
Paldea exists, apparently
Tomorrow is another day

What do you mean, we have an anime?

4 0 0
By Vauschenn

Welcome back! 5/8 regions have been connected!

Please choose another internet connection point...

【Kanto】

〖Johto〗

▶ 【Hoenn】

〖Sinnoh〗

Unova

【Kalos】

【Alola】

【Galar】

Hoenn has been selected!

"Everyone- change of plans, there's already an archive for them!" Most of the professors groaned, wondering what was the point of the last few days.

Gary posted the link into the group chat, and they swarmed towards it. Oak continued. "They're called animals. Apparently, their classifications are more akin to the Egg group system instead of typing, due to their lack of Aura."

Sycamore haughtily glanced at Rowan, who gritted his teeth. "Continue."

"Their scientific community uses the taxonomic nomenclature, which indicates evolutionary relationship through genetics. And by evolution, I mean the proper one, not the contemporary term." Both Elm and Rowan visibly perked up at the prospect. The next slide played, a reverse pyramid with names in the bars.

"There are eight levels: domain, kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, and species." Elm wilted at the sheer amount of groups. Rowan was more interested. "This is due to the fact there's over two million unique species on their Earth."

At the mere mention of the number, the researchers paled. Rowan let out a small "oh" as he realized how Sisyphean the task would be.

"Right. I'm glad that a Junior Researcher recommended the archive to me, or else we'd be working until our deaths with the sheer amount of specimens." Professor Oak glanced over to the new computer towers beside his desk. "It's taking a while to download all these files, but it'll finish in a day or two."

"I can send over some of Galar's computers," Magnolia said. "If yours' are outdated."

"Magnolia, these are Galarian computers. Top-of-the-line ones, too." The older research let out an impressed whistle. "That's a lot of data then, Oak."

"I know. Now, let's get back to monitoring Twitter. There may be more stuff about history, especially in that 'Official Earth Guide' account."

Far away from Oak Laboratories, Giovanni sipped some wine while lounging in a private hotel located in Alola.

He'd hunkered down after the crackdown on Team Rocket within Kanto and Johto. Luckily for him, he'd been cleared of suspicion due to his role as Viridian City's gym leader. It didn't mean that he wasn't close to being caught. The mob boss grimaced as he recalled how Lance had plowed through most of his men.

That called for a vacation. And so, here he was.

The whole "Twitter" debacle was amusing, if not a great incentive to lay low even more. If everyone was occupied with inter-dimensional communication, all of the focus on Team Rocket would shift towards that. And then he'd be able to revive the team to it's former glory.

Hmmm... Maybe I should expand the roster. Break out a few other criminals that actually get the job done, for once. He cringed thinking about the three operatives that were still travelling around the world for that Pikachu. Yes. Definitely. What about- ah! Those teams over in Hoenn!

No, not just them! Team Plasma, in Unova. Team Galactic, from Sinnoh! Every major team!

With this, Team Rainbow Rocket will be formed!

snom is babey @nintendontDARE

wait if pokemon are intelligent, isn't it bad to eat them? are you guys all vegans?

1:52 PM - Jan. 14, 2022 - Twitter for iPhone

621 Retweets - 122 Quote Tweets - 902 Likes

Finn Wellington @FinnWellington4

Ok ok, so I run a Tauros farm in northwest Kanto (check it out btw) and I know this answer. To explain, there's three types of Pokemon: commercial, domestic, and wild.

Commercial Pokemon have less-than-human intelligence and less aura in comparison to the other two types. Specific Pokemon species are chosen to become commercial, like Tauros or Magikarp.

Domestic Pokemon are Pokemon that develop from wild Pokemon after centuries of breeding. They have human intelligence and are naturally friendly to trainers. Most of them are found around towns and cities, but they can survive in the wild too.

Wild Pokemon don't have any selective breeding from humans, and are generally more wary of humans despite still being trainable. These are the breeds most commonly seen in League Battles and sought out by professional trainers.

snom is babey @nintendontDARE

@FinnWellington4 Ok so is snom domestic or wild?

Finn Wellington @FinnWellington4

@nintendontDARE I'm not Galarian, but Safari Search says it's wild

Sado Mezzado @Sadoduo

Ok Hoenn is back online, what the fuck is happening

3:30 PM - Jan. 14, 2022 - Twitter for Poryphone

13k Retweets - 953 Quote Tweets - 14.1k Likes

ViriDEAN @DeanViridian

So apparently Twitter is connected to a world without Pokemon now

Sado Mezzado @Sadoduo

@DeanViridian I'm sorry what?

ViriDEAN @DeanViridian

@Sadoduo Yeah there's a whole cultural exchange thing going on, here's a decent guide to their world [link to Official Earth Guide account]

April Showers bring May Flowers! @MayCoordinate

Ok this is wild, but is there contests in the other world?

Sado Mezzado @Sadoduo

@MayCoordinate There is a literal hole in space-time and you're worried about contests???

April Showers bring May Flowers! @MayCoordinate

@MayCoordinate Weirder things have happened and I am now immune

Official Hoenn League @hoenn_offical

Hoenn is now connected to Twitter! We acknowledge the recent inter-dimensional communication and will warmly accept our new friends!

5:30 PM - Jan. 14, 2022 - Twitter for Web

64.3k Retweets - 12k Quote Tweets - 65.1k Likes

Steven Stone @SStone_Official

As current champion of the Hoenn League, I am always excited to see new developments in communication and science. I will now be gladly working towards building a better future with the new Twitter!

Dr. Parker @ParkerGeo

@Steven Stone Yooo it's the geology dude! You're going to love all the unique formations in our world!

Steven Stone @SStone_Official

@ParkerGeo Is there? I'll be glad to see them!

Dr. Parker @ParkerGeo

As a representative of the photographers working for the National Geographic magazine, my favorite place was the Cave of Crystals, or Cueva de los Cristales, near Delicias, Mexico. Here's a cool photo!

Help me I'm stuck in Sootopolis @SootMan

HOLY SHIT IS THIS REAL???

jesse we need the crack @breakinBITCHES

I know this is a meme account but if Pokemon exist, does that mean we kinda know what already happened in the main games??? Are... are we fucking prophets???

1:43 AM - Jan. 15, 2022 - Twitter for iPhone

13.4k Retweets - 1k Quote Tweets - 17.5k Likes

literal trash @filthymemer_man

Mew Denier @MewDoesntExist

Official Earth Guide said Pokemon were part of a franchise. What... main games? Are we videogame characters to you?

jesse we need the crack @breakinBITCHES

kinda, theres the manga and the anime too with different timelines

speaking of timelines I wonder which one we're in

Mew Denier @MewDoesntExist

WHAT DO YOU MEAN DIFFERENT TIMELINES

Jozie [Team Mystic] @Jozepheena

@MewDoesn'tExist You might want to change your tag my man

Mew Denier @MewDoesntExist

@Jozepheena HUH????

Official Earth Guide @OfficialE_Guide

Okay, time to explain why we know about Pokemon and some current events in your world!

The Pokemon franchise (in our world) was founded by Satoshi Tajiri in 1996, who wanted children in urban areas to experience the same joy of bug-catching he did. And so, the Pokemon games were born, spanning 26 years. These games go over the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, and Galar region currently.

The plot of these games usually center around becoming the next champion, while also taking down the evil team of the region. Some of the games also depict a different timeline where Mega Evolution doesn't exist. Timelines become more confusing if you include the Pokemon manga and anime. The lore of both of them are different from the main games in some aspects, but still have their own merits.

The main question now is what timeline we've made contact with.

5:56 AM - Jan. 15, 2022 - Twitter for Web

2M Retweets - 994K Quote Tweets - 2.3M Likes

Hectorrus @HectorroCosplay

Of course there's different timelines. Of course

Venmo me 69 cents @broke_bbb

@HectorroCosplay you ok dude?

Hectorrus @HectorroCosplay

@broke_bbb no

G-Man @YaBoiGuzma

Can't believe the guy who discovered our world was a fellow bug catcher

smell ya later @gary_oak

Time for more research I guess. You know anything, Official Earth Guide Account?

Official Earth Guide @OfficialE_Guide

@gary_oak Oh holy shit you're Gary Oak. Uh

At least this proves this is the anime timeline?

smell ya later @gary_oak

@OfficialE_Guide How does me literally just existing prove it's the anime timeline for you?

Official Earth Guide @OfficialE_Guide

@gary_oak If it were the manga timeline your name would be Blue my dude

smell ya later @gary_oak

@OfficialE_Guide BRB gonna ask my grandpa something

Gary Oak shuffled over to Professor Oak, coughing into his hand. "Um... gramps?"

"Yes, my boy?"

"What... what did my parents want to name me, before they went missing?" Oak winced. It was always awkward when his grandson asked about his parents.

"Well, if you really wanted to know..." He trailed off. "Your father was really bad at names. Mary, your mother, refused to let him name you." The professor let out a sad chuckle. "He wanted to name you a bunch of things! Even wrote up a list."

"Well, what was on that list?"

"So many names, and I'm too old. I don't remember all of them. "But I do remember a really silly one! He wanted to call you Blue, because it was the color of the sky that day!"

Gary choked on air. "Gramps. You better not be pulling my leg for this one."

Professor Oak blinked in confusion. "Why?"

Gary showed him his Rotom Phone.

ingo fan <3 @+AnvilleDrop+

If there's a video game of Team Plasma getting their ass whooped, I'm in for it

7:11 AM - Jan. 15, 2022 - Twitter for Rotom Phone

543 Retweets - 231 Quote Tweets - 730 Likes

Gen 5 best gen, change my mind @ZeKromer

Dude, the whole plot of Gen 5 is some kid whooping Team Plasma's ass

ingo fan <3 @+AnvilleDrop+

@ZeKromer Oh epic!!! All i know is that they got arrested after the help of some kid travelling with Champion Iris and Cilan!

Gen 5 best gen, change my mind @ZeKromer

@+AnvilleDrop+ oh cool that's Ash Ketchum. guess you're in the anime timeline :D

ingo fan <3 @+AnvilleDrop+

@ZeKromer I know about all the timeline stuff but what does this mean for us?

Gen 5 best gen, change my mind @ZeKromer

@+AnvilleDrop+ Means Ghetsis didn't commit child murder, so that's a win

still commited child abuse and theft though

ingo fan <3 @+AnvilleDrop+

@+AnvilleDrop+ EXCUSE ME WHAT

Self-Proclaimed Nuzlocke King @HardModer

Sometimes I wish I was in the Pokemon world instead, and then I remember that some insane bastard tries to either take over or end the world every few years. Big turn-off for me.

8:22 AM - Jan. 15, 2022 - Twitter for Android

315k Retweets - 124k Quote Tweets - 318.4k Likes

Sophocles-tiated @sophocles1

Not in Alola! We just had some Ultra Beasts, nothing big!

Self-Proclaimed Nuzlocke King @HardModer

@sophocles_1 Ok ok do you know a guy named Ash Ketchum

Sophocles-tiated @sophocles1

@HardModer Yeah!!! He was in the Pokemon School with me last year!

Self-Proclaimed Nuzlocke King @HardModer

@sophocles_1 Great! You're NOT in the timeline where Lusamine goes batshit crazy, abuses/neglects her children and attempts to tear a hole through time and space!!! :)

Aether Foundation @AetherFoundation

We will not tolerate slander of our president. so please reconsider your post.

Self-Proclaimed Nuzlocke King @HardModer

@AetherFoundation not lying, proof [link to youtube video of Pokemon Sun/Moon playthrough]

Rainbow Shoelaces @StillOnTumblr

can't believe hoenn is home to not just one, but two clinically insane guys :/

8:56 AM - Jan. 15, 2022 - Twitter for iPhone

12k Retweets - 7.1k Quote Tweets - 19.4k Likes

Ianthrope @Iangull

Bro don't make fun of us :( both teams kinda just snowballed after the 19XX housing crisis

She sells seashells @MoneyGameLuigi

@Iangull California had a housing crisis and you don't see us tryna flood the damn world or cause a drought

Maria {Econ Student} @EconHistory

@Iangull How'd the housing crisis happen, and how tf did Team Magma and Aqua form???

Ianthrope @Iangull

@EconHistory Quick history lesson: Hoenn is really hard to live in because Mt. Chimney, the forests and mountain area take up most of the space. Coastal cities are usually bigger than the mountain cities for this reason, leading them to have more political importance in general. The whole debate of either fortifying the coastal cities and helping the sea or expanding the land has always been there.

Aqua as formed as one of the political groups advocating for improving the coastal cities. It was focused on general aquatic environment protection, fishing regulations, all the likes. Magma advocated for further land development in the mountain areas for better quality of life and more political representation. Both groups hated each other; it was rich vs. poor and environmentalism vs. expansion.

In comes Maxie Matsubasa and Archie Aogiri. Maxie was an economist and political science major, while Archie was the son of a famous fisherman. Their radical ideas spread within the groups until they became what you see today.

Maria {Econ Student} @EconHistory

Very cool! But still, eesh. Political science majors really have something going on.

[Reddit]

r/science- Posted by u/PHDestroyer1928 8 hours ago

90.5k Existence of "aura" confirmed as scientists discover small traces within living cells

scientificdaily.com/article/9427422-existance-of-"aura"-confirmed-as-scientists-discover-small-traces-within-living-cells

13k Comments ➦ Share Save Hide Report

morrow38 hours ago

Following the recent connection to an alternate universe containing Pokemon, users quickly learned that the special properties of the world was due to an unknown force referred to as "aura". Aura was hypothesized to be an aspect of physics and biology exclusive to the Pokemon world, yet some scientists questioned whether it exists in our world as well. The joint discovery of aura within our universe was carried out by biophysicist Neil R. Goodman, cellular biologist Dr. Cassandra Renos, and junior researcher Melvin J. Malthers at MIT.

They analyzed protein structures and found out that protein structure, while determined by one-dimensional amino acid sequences, also involved a previously undiscovered variable that allows for the folding of proteins. It turns out "aura" is what determines the efficiency of proteins within one's body, while also being a sort of energy that is distributed through atoms. The higher the concentration of aura, the more proteins there are and the higher chance life emerges from the concentrated area.

It has been confirmed that aura is a critical component of life, as readings from living and non-living subjects differ greatly in aura concentration, with more intelligent living beings having the highest concentration of aura.

△ 73.4k ▽ ⌨ Reply Share Report Save Follow

kenneybade123 ⋅ 7 hours ago

Can't believe we figured out one of the biggest questions in biology. We're one step closer to figuring out how protein folding really works!

BeaconSci ⋅ 7 hours ago

The discovery of aura might mean we have a more concrete way to measure intelligence and sapience in animals. Finally, we have a scale.

DrVauschen 6 hours ago

Don't just think about the biologists- the physicists must be having an aneurysm at the thought of having to work with chemists, let alone biologists. Physics is already hard enough...

urugiii ⋅ 6 hours ago

Dude, physicists are entitled assholes. We don't want to work with them either.

401 more replies

apazziosis 7 hours ago

We live in a time where Pokemon are real, and some unknown life-energy shit is a real force in our universe. Fuck me.

△ 2.3k ▽ ⌨ Reply Share Report Save Follow

ZoologyZenn6 hours ago

Just as floored as you are, dude. I played Red and Blue back in '98 and watched Nintendo grow with the franchise. To believe that my childhood dream of becoming a Pokemon professor is valid now is mind-boggling.

RenoReserver744 hours ago

Zoologists, biologists and historians are eating WELL tonight

samonellashit1291 hour ago

A whole new classification is going to have to come in and work alongside cladistics. Biologists are NOT eating well tonight, although they'll be happy to see a Reuniclus I think.

137 more replies

Midazzle 4 hours ago

Wait, if aura is in our world, does that mean that if it increases in concentration we would have our own Pokemon?

△ 1.7k ▽ ⌨ Reply Share Report Save Follow

kevinKos174 hours ago

Holy shit, you might be right! I wonder how it'll happen: will animals slowly gain typings and power in their lifetime, or will they gradually evolve more Pokemon-like every generation?

DeltaGammaBeta ⋅ 3 hours ago

This would most likely be the case. Now that I think of it, I'm curious to see what type my Golden Retriever would be.

Alphada ⋅ 3 hours ago

Water type, probably. Retrievers were bred to hunt waterfowl and other game. It might be water-ground, like Mudkip.

Stratophobos ⋅ 1 hour ago

How the hell are biologists going to fit typing into the pre-existing classifications? This'll upturn everything

Mortyyyy19 ⋅ 1 hour ago

Forget about that, how the hell are we going to survive? Giving superpowers to a shark (or god forbid a hippo) is not going to end well

wfeha942 ⋅ 43 minutes ago

Quick update, they're in the anime version. Maybe aura makes humans more durable too? And some are psychics. We'll probably adapt and be okay.

97 more replies

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 35 4
Y/N L/N is a major fan of Pokemon and one of his current most favourite anime series was none other than the Pokémon anime itself. Y/N has only playe...
66.6K 1.4K 19
This is currently on hiatus, and also this story is utter trash ples stop reading this- You Died! You Were So Happy That You Were Finally Free From T...
322 11 11
After Arceus created the pokemon world, after creating the legendaries to take care of it, after creating pokemon and human alike. A battle will rise...
10.2K 209 14
He did it, he defeated Leon in a long, hard and difficult battle but at the end of it all he won and he became the worlds champion and with said vict...