My Kingdom of Thirst

Autorstwa naileasquill

Elena Dejoria, the second oldest in a royal family of four, attends a private academy for royals. She's been... Wiฤ™cej

๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ + ๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ.
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ‘.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ’.

๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ.

12 1 0
Autorstwa naileasquill

KOL ISODER.

It's 7:25. Breakfast in the Great Hall. The Great Hall was truly a sight to behold. The long table-benches gleamed with polish, their wooden surfaces perfectly smooth and reflective. The walls were covered with intricate tapestries depicting the history of the academy, the shades of blue were vibrant and rich. High above, the ceiling was painted with ornate frescoes, their delicate details illuminated by the warm glow of flickering candle-lit chandeliers which dangled from the ceiling. A large fireplace dominated one end of the room, providing warmth and light to the grand hall. It was a place where one could imagine the greatest thinkers and scholars of the time, gathered to discourse and feast. I never attended schools, i'd been tutored my whole life at the castle. This was a new experience for me, the socializing.. the running to my next class in different campuses, the dormitories.. roommates. My roommates are thankfully my two best friends, Ryan and Zidane, but they are both way too messy for my liking.

I'm at on of the benches, eating quietly. Alone. Until a tray slides towards me, and someone takes a seat opposite me.

"Hey." the person grins at me, i raise an eyebrow and eye him up and down slowly. 

"Hello, nice to meet you." he replies to his own self, sarcastically. Rolling his eyes he picks up his fork and stabs a few pieces of fried egg and shoves it in his mouth.

"So, im- Matteo." he says through his slightly muffled mouth, i cringe a bit. - He was a bit of a messy eater.

"Kol." my eyes stuck on my tray, i was slightly put-off as i dragged my bacon gently across the tray, yep i was put off. I throw my fork down on the tray and look up as he finally swallows his food and opens his mouth to speak.

"Yeah i know, you're the flashy prince who walked in this morning." he grins, taking a sip of his goblet containing -what i'm guessing is- tea, setting it down and eyeing me closely. "You're oddly quiet." he murmurs, his eyes narrow. I raise a eyebrow, unamused.

"Alright..?" i murmur, leaning back slightly from the bench table, which he, for some reason, takes as a sign to lean in and annoy me further.

"So you're 19 huh? Why join an Academy so late? You're a fourth year only have 2 years left." his voice was sarcastic and i got the slight hint that he was mocking me. I fold my arms and watch as he continues to stuff himself like he'd been starving for a week. Abnormal specimen is all i can think of how to describe this boy sitting Infront of me.

"You eat like a pig." i say quiet loudly, he blinks. He stabs his fork into the air, pointing it in my direction.

"And you're being a dick." he says a bit louder, heads glance slightly at our direction and he continues to chew with a grin, those beady eyes not leaving mine. I can feel my jaw tighten and i straighten up.

"Is there an actual reason to why you're here, pestering me?" i glance at him as he slows down his chewing, glances at a random pillar as his mouth is slightly open and words hang from them. I'm ready for any rubbish he's about to let loose. Instead he lets out a small hm. And swallows.

"No." he rests his fork onto his tray, sucks his teeth slightly and stretches his five fingers in and out. "I just thought, yknow, since you're new and such alike," he pauses briefly. "that we could be friends possibly." he shrugs sarcastically, i can't help but let out a scoff. He furrows his brows and speaks again.

"Hey, jackass- this is a very kind offer from someone like me." he gestures around his face with his hands in a sarcastic manner, grinning.

"Someone, like you? Hm."

"Yes, like me. An attractive fellow like me, you're lucky i'm considering to socialize with your moody ass." he throws a light shove at my shoulder, raising his left brow. I was unamused. He really is an abnormal specimen.

"So," he lifts his goblet again and takes a sip, lets out a exaggerated gasp. "you didn't answer my previous question." he cocks his head towards me slightly, i break eye contact slightly. 

"I'm here," i sigh slightly, unaware of why i'm even explaining myself to him. "here, because i need to find myself- a bride." his eyes widen slightly, gives me a dirty look and looks around the hall. 

"So you decide to.. attend a Academy? Are you like slow- or am i just failing to understand your real intentions here." he tilts his head slightly at me, picking at his food.

"Well, my intentions." i lift my eyes to meet his beady ones, he straightens his back and actually leans in, his was was drowning in curiosity. It made me laugh slightly. A low, hollow laugh.

"My intentions, are to find a bride. One of my age, who's had experience of growing up in the royal life and who's lineage would strengthen the British Kingdom, not also that but i need someone intelligent." i watch as his eyebrows raise slightly, his lips part slightly.

"Strengthen the British Kingdom?" he repeats, dumbfounded. I study as how he then finally mouths an oh and nods slowly.

"Cause this is a Academy for royals.." he nods slowly. "and i'm guessing you chose this Academy because everyone had to be really smart to get in?" 

"Yes." 

He nods slowly, raising his brows and his lips purse, nodding approvingly. "So, who've you got your eyes on?" he clasps his hands together, leaning in. I raise my eyebrow slightly.

"Well?" he raises his brows, slightly frustrated. "C'mon, you're telling me there's no girl here you've set your eyes on yet?" he eyes me up and down slowly. I turn my head slightly, up far down the hall to spot a girl. Brown hair, green eyes. Dewy, honey-like skin which gleamed in the candle light. She was sitting with her knees crossed, her back straight and she was laughing. Her ponytail swaying slightly as she talked. - I exhale out sharply and tilt my head towards her, he notices this and jerks his head to try meet my view, scanning for whatever i was observing at. 

"Oh dude, seriously, ugh.." looks like he found it. He turns back around, disgust plastered over his face. I turn to face him.

"What, do you know her?" 

"Yes. That's my step-sister, Laila." he murmurs, twirling around stringy pieces of bacon in his tray, still shuddering slightly. 

"Where are you both from exactly?" i turn my head to face him, yet my eyes are stuck on her, her perfect posture and etiquette skills, the way she laughed politely and took small bites of her food and would lay the napkin, sprawled over her thighs or occasionally, dab it across the corners of her mouth.

"Italy, she's-." he quickly looks up back at me, my lips curve into a slight grin. He speaks up quickly, shaking his head. "Nuh uh- don't you think about it--"

"Her." i nod, he drops his fork onto his plate. 

"Dude, no. That's my step-sister," he pauses. Scanning around the hall. "and trust me when i say this, you do not want to marry her. She's a royal pain in the ass." he rolls his eyes.

"I seriously do not care. She seems fit for the role." i glance slowly back at him, he eyes me up and down slowly.

"She's already the heir to the throne, please don't boost her ego and give her more than she already is getti--"

"The heir? To the throne of Italy?" my eyes widen ever so slightly, he rolls his eyes and sighs. 

"Kol man, please- not Laila." he sighs heavily, i tilt my head.

"Why not?" 

"Because man, that's just- weird. Y'know? I don't think she'd be able to handle the pressure anyways." he shrugs, his eyes on his tray again. I slowly watch as he lifts his fork and drags along the same stringy pieces of bacon.

"Stop playing with your food." i mutter, he drops his fork and salutes me sarcastically. I'm still not amused.

"Anyways. I want her- Laila." i nod at the girl again. She was still talking with her friends. Glancing over at me occasionally with a slight smile and her eyes eager. 

"Ugh.. if only i could save you from such treachery.." he sighs softly and stares into his tray, suddenly he drops his fork. He jerks upwards. "Wait..-" 

"What?" i mumble.

"I might know someone else you'd be interested in-!" he jumps off of the bench onto the cobblestone floor, "Wait right here-" and he sprints off- out the great hall, diving into the double doors. 

"Odd." i mumble, grabbing my tray.

Czytaj Dalej

To Teลผ Polubisz

27.9K 1.8K 32
She's one of the richest people in the kingdom. He isn't. She was born into a royal family. He wasn't. She's a vampire. He's a human. What happens w...
684K 25.9K 24
Everyone thinks that being part of the royal family will make anybody like you. WRONG. Everyone is an asshole in this world. -V โ™ก ---------- Venus Ki...
267K 6.9K 24
They're enemies and have been for years. But what happens when they learn something that neither of them expected.
152K 3.9K 32
"๐—œ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐—บ๐˜† ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—บ๐˜† ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ป ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜†." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Up...