His Obsession

By InfiniteEnding

One childhood promise; Two people falling in love; Three forbidden words. Annabeth Chandler and Colton Zacc... More

His Obsession
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The New Hot English Teacher
Chapter 2 - I'm Back
Chapter 3 - My First Kiss
Chapter 4 - He Loves Blue
Chapter 5 - I Missed You
Chapter 6 - The Gasp
Chapter 7 - Who?
Chapter 8 - He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not...
Chapter 9 - Olivia
Chapter 10 - My Love
Chapter 11 - Britney
Chapter 12 - The Painful Kiss
Chapter 13 - You're My Everything
Chapter 14 - They Knew.
Chapter 15 - Protective
Chapter 16 - The Russian Client
Chapter 18 - Hurt
Chapter 19 - Flowers
Chapter 20 - Cat and Mouse
Chapter 21 - Kiss Me
Chapter 22 - He Wants You
Chapter 23 - Surprise Surprise!
Chapter 24 - Milan
Chapter 25 - Hatred
Chapter 26 - The Date
Chapter 27 - Revenge
Chapter 28 - Truth
Chapter 29 - Confrontation
Chapter 30 - Augustus
Chapter 31 - Little Anna
Chapter 32 - Being Pregnant
Epilogue

Chapter 17 - I Need You

26K 982 84
By InfiniteEnding

Chapter 17

THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED.

Anna's POV

" You can't keep avoiding him like this. It's unfair to him, Anna. " Quinn said.

" I still don't know how to tell him yet. " I shook my head.

" Tell him that his grandfather is a jerk or tell him it's over? " She sighed.

Yes, I finally told her about Colton's grandpa and my dad's illness. I didn't know who to turn to when I broke down in the middle of the streets after leaving the mansion. I called Quinn and asked her to pick me up, and I spilled my guts to her. I told Aunt Mary I'll be staying over at Quinn's house for a night because my eyes were swollen and red. I can't go back in this state. I don't want to worry Aunt Mary. She still needs to take care of dad. I can't be her burden.

" He needs to know that his grandpa is a jerk and you know that yourself. "

" You know I can't do that, Quinn. He will get hurt. After all, his grandpa was everything to him after he lost his parents. " I sighed in defeat, because I can't think of any other way out.

" Oh please! He knew his grandpa was the one who tried to break his parents up. And he's doing the same thing all over again, to you guys! " she said with a slight of frustration in her tone.

" But you gotta admit it. Olivia is a better choice for Colton. I can only be by his side and console him when he's upset about something whereas Olivia can be the one who actually solves the problems that upset him. We're talking about the future when he takes over his grandpa's business. "

" Jeez Anna, you're so stubborn. " She groaned in frustration this time.

" Anyway, there's no point discussing this anymore. I already made my decision. My priority right now is my dad. " I smiled weakly and laid down beside Quinn.

My mobile phone has been vibrating all this while.

" You know, you should really pick it up. Or at least see the messages that he sent? You will have to face him some day. You can't avoid him forever. " she turned her back towards me and started snoring after a few minutes.

     I sat up gently and took a look at my phone. 50 missed calls and 20 text messages? 45 were from Colton and 5 were from Jaxon. The other 20 messages were all from Colton. The one that caught my attention and made me cry was :

' Anna, please tell me you're okay. Did I do something wrong? If I did, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I love you, my love. Just please. At least text me and tell me you're alright. I'm so worried right now and I miss you so much. '

I quickly covered my mouth and ran to the bathroom. I sat down on the ground and started crying silently. I can literally feel my heart shattering into pieces inside me. That aching feeling makes me want to puke. My head hurt so badly. I need Colton. I yearn for his embrace and to feel his warmth. There are just so many things on my shoulders right now I felt like I might just die from heart ache.

" Anna? " Quinn started knocking on the bathroom door. " Anna, are you okay? "

I couldn't speak at all. I unlocked the door and Quinn quickly opened it only to see me on the floor with my swollen eyes.

Quinn's POV

" Oh my gosh, Anna! " I quickly kneeled down and hugged her tightly.

She looked so helpless and so heart broken. Anna is always a strong woman. I've never seen her so heart-broken before. She cried out loud and started mumbling.

" It hurts so much, Quinn. What am I gonna do? " She tightened her grip on my shoulder as I patted her back.

" Shh... You're gonna be fine. I'll be here with you no matter what. We'll get through this. " I cooed her.

     My tears started streaming down as she kept begging me to save her, to save her heart. My heart is aching for this girl. This is too much for her. Colton and her dad have been the most important people in her life. Please don't take them away from her. She has been trying to convince herself that she will be fine without Colton, but I can see she's falling apart inside. She fell asleep after crying for 30 minutes. Her face was swollen and red. What can I do to save my best friend? What can I ever do to see her smile again?

Anna's POV

    I slowly opened my eyes and groaned in pain as my head hurts. I remembered how I lost control last night. But I felt so much better now that I have let it all out even though all the problems are still there.

" Hey, you woke up. Come, I made you breakfast. " Quinn smiled weakly and led me downstairs.

" Wow, when did you start learning how to make pancakes? " I teased and earned a glare from her. I shoved the food in my mouth and moaned in delight. It was really delicious. I nodded my head and she smiled.

" I thought it would taste awful. Thanks to Youtube. " She said proudly. I continued eating but stopped when I realised she was staring at me.

" What? " I frowned." Are you... " She hesitated, terrified that she might push the wrong button.

" I'm fine, Quinn. Honestly, I felt much better after last night. Thank you. " I smiled brightly.

" You sure you're alright? " She asked warily.

" Yes, Quinn. I'm gonna make things right. " I said.

" How? "

" I'm going to break up with Colton, just as I promised. " I muttered.

" I'll be here when you need me. " She smiled weakly and I returned her smile.

" Thank you, Quinn. "

" Come on, let's eat so we can go see your dad. " She grinned.

" Hello, Uncle Ben! I missed you! " Quinn walked to the bed and gave him a hug.

" I missed you too, Quinn. " Dad chuckled and turned to look at me. I walked up to him and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

" How are you feeling today, Dad? " I asked, smiling.

" Never been better. " He replied and I nodded. He just kept staring at me, waiting for me to speak up.

" Is something bothering you, Anna? " He asked worriedly.

" No, dad. I'm just really happy that you accepted the treatment. " I smiled.

" Well, I promised you, didn't I? " He grinned and a knock on the door interrupted us. I walked to the door and opened it. My eyes widen in shock when I saw it was Colton, holding a basket of fresh fruits. How... How did he know?

" What are you doing here? " I exclaimed, but Colton only glared at me and walked into the room.

" Uncle Ben, how are you? " Colton smiled when he saw my dad.

" I'm fine now, Colton. Thank you for your concern. And the fruits. " My dad chuckled.

Colton grinned and placed the basket of fruits on the table next to my dad's bed. I looked at Quinn and she looked back at me in astonishment. I shrugged and walked up to Colton and my dad, interrupting their conversation.

" Dad, can I talk to Colton for a minute? " I smiled and turned to look at Colton.

" Colton? " I asked and beckoned him.

" Alright, Uncle Ben. I'll come and visit you again " Colton smiled and walked out the room with me after saying his goodbye.

     He instantly grabbed my hand after he closed the door and pulled me along to the elevator.

" Let go of my hand, Colton. I can walk myself. " I shoved his hand away but he only held it tighter and pulled me into his embrace and whispered in my ear.

" Don't make me angrier than I already am. "

    I shivered at his words and silently followed him all the way to the rooftop.

" Why didn't you answer any of my calls or my texts?! Do you know how worried I was?! " Colton held my arms and yelled.

I have to do this. It's now or never. This should be the best time to tell him. I inhaled deeply and shoved his hands away.

" Who are you to me? Why must I answer all your calls and texts? You're not my father. " I said coldly and glared at Colton. His eyes widen in shock, not expecting me to react this way at all.

" Anna, what happened? Did I do something wrong? We were fine a few days ago. " He reached out his hands to me but I shoved them away again.

" That was a few days ago. Do you really think I'm being serious with you? Colton, stop being so naïve. You're the hot and sexy teacher that everyone wants to date. And you're filthy rich. Do you really think I actually care about our childhood memories? " I smirked. Colton shook his head and his eyes widen in disbelief.

" Anna... Did something happen? Did someone threaten you or something? I can stop it. " He asked with a quivery voice and held my arms.You can't stop it even if you want to, Colton. You're so kind. You wouldn't have the heart to. I'll be the bad guy this time.

" No! " I yelled and pushed him away roughly this time.

" I never loved you! I treated you as a brother when we were young. But you wanted to take it to the next level. I did not want to lose you because I had no friends. So I played along. I thought you would forget when we grow up. I can't believe you're actually holding onto that. Your promise means nothing to me. What marriage? What childhood promise? They're all bullshit, Colton. Wake up! "

Colton looked at me in confusion and hurt as I blurted out all the lies. My heart hurt so badly. I could see tears streaming down his cheeks and I just want to run to him and hug him so badly. I want to tell him that everything was a lie. Everything I said was a lie and that I love him so much. But I can't.

" Anna, baby... Please tell me you're just joking with me. " He laughed half-heartedly, expecting me to laugh along too and telling him I was just pranking him. He tried to approach me again but I held my hand up to stop him.

" Stop! I'm not joking, Colton. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I didn't know you would take everything seriously. But I'm not sorry for not loving you. " I inhaled deeply. " Please stop calling and texting me. It's frustrating. Don't make me hate you. " I said and it was the final straw. I quickly turned around and tears started streaming down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away and ran downstairs to the elevator.

" Anna! " I could hear Colton scream from the rooftop and another part of me died inside. I clenched my fist tightly, trying to hold myself back from running back up. It has to be this way, Anna!

I just did something I vowed to never do – hurting the love of my life.

A/N : I wanna apologize to some readers who think that this story is moving too fast or that you're not satisfied with the way it is. But I will try my best. Thank you. :)

Much love always,

Anne

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 140 19
Do you believe in fate? Azalea Taylor, who lost her job due to her stubbornness, was searching for a new job when her best friend suggested one to he...
1M 23.9K 43
"You are not going there and that's the end of our conversation." He yelled while tightening his grip on my wrist. I tried to free my wrist but no av...
186K 1.9K 29
Aiden x Sophia "Secrets pulled them apart but are they strong enough to overcome them" ............... Stuck between the past and the present, both...
911K 30.6K 38
Alessandro De Luca couldn't forget his childhood crush, Isabella Martinelli after they had spent the night on her birthday. As much as Alessandro ha...