Chasing Sunsets (BINI Series...

3erato tarafından

In a quaint coastal City where the sky meets the sea in a breathtaking blaze of colors every evening, two sou... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter 1: All Fun and Games
Chapter 2: Miss Nonchalant
Chapter 3: Tease
Chapter 4: Call Me Gwen
Chapter 5: Something New
Chapter 6: Deep Trouble
Chapter 7: Gift of God
Chapter 8: Dating Gweneth Apuli
Chapter 9: Valfer
Chapter 10: Operation: Scare Valfer Away
Chapter 12: Future Remains Uncertain
Chapter 13: If Multi-Universe is Real
Chapter 14: The Language of Love (and Faith)
Chapter 15: The Things You Do To Me
Chapter 16: Ours
Chapter 17: The Apuli's
Chapter 18: If We Go Down, We Go Down Together
Chapter 19: Sheena's 18th Birthday
Chapter 20: LIE
Chapter 21: Chasing Sunset
Chapter 22: SOS
Chapter 23: Love Shouldn't Feel Like This
Chapter 24: Ghost of You
Chapter 25: Turn of Events
Chapter 26: Her POV
Chapter 27: All Is Well
Chapter 28: The Proposal
Chapter 29: Gwen's Own Volmant
Chapter 30: Her First Voice Memo
Chapter 31: I Love Her Against Any Reason
Not an Update!
Chapter 32: We Deserve a Soft Epilogue
Chapter 33: The Locket
Chapter 34: The Last Sunset
Epilogue: The First Dawn
Special Chapter: Life After She was Gone
Special Chapter: Remembering Her

Chapter 11: Operation: Scare Valfer Away 2.0

474 15 17
3erato tarafından

Sheena's POV

My best friends and I were sitting inside the cozy room of the Apuli's. They dropped their training for me. Who's the favorite bunso now? Syempre ako!

"Oh, Shee, what brought you here?" Gweneth's dad said as he approached us. Tumayo ako para magmano at sumunod naman ang mga kaibigan ko. 

"Dad ... I mean, tito, where is Gwen po?" I asked. 

"Sorry dad ... I mean, tito. Sheena dragged us into this because she was worrying that Gwen will say 'Yes' to Valfer." Mikha butted in. 

"Auto pass talaga sa takot malamangan." pagpaparinig pa ni Colet sa akin but I just rolled my eyes at her. 

Gwen's dad laughed. "Valfer? Sino nagsabing nanliligaw siya kay Gwen?" he asked curiously. "I don't know about that." looking at her dad, he really seemed clueless. Hindi ko rin alam na hindi pala nagpaalam 'yong gago sa daddy ni Gwen na  manliligaw pala. 

I smirked. At least I am way better than him. 

"Tito, do you know where Gweneth is? Mababaliw na po kasi si Sheena eh." Colet jokingly asked. 

Magpapaliwanag pa sana ako but her dad answered. "Ang alam ko nagpaalam siyang pupunta sa Mall eh. Wala naman siyang sinabi kung sino kasama niya." 

We immediately wave goodbye to her dad at sumakay sa kotse ng mommy ni Maloi. Hirap na hirap pa kaming ipaalam 'yong kotse dahil wala pa kaming license. Good thing, after 30 minutes of discussion and convincing, her mom finally said yes and gave Maloi the key. 

I'm glad my best friends are helping me kahit na pakiramdam ko walang sense itong ginagawa ko for them. 

My stomach churns with a nervous feeling of what I am about to do. Hindi ko na-imagine ang sarili ko na ginagawa ito. Basagulero ako and I usually got into fight. Pero ni minsan, hindi ako naki-usap sa isang tao na tumigil mahalin ang taong gusto ko. 

God! I like her so much. Everywhere I look, I see reminders of her. The melody of the coffee grinder whispers her name, the sunlight dappling the table mimics the way her eyes crinkle when she smiles. It's an obsession, a beautiful, consuming fire burning in my chest.

Maybe it's naive at mukha na akong jologs ngayon dahil sa iniisip ko everytime I thought of her. Maybe I'm just another face in the crowd to her. But I can't ignore this feeling any longer. Wala eh, tinamaan ako.

Gwen, you are a whirlwind of laughter and passion, a melody I can't get enough of. I see the strength in your gaze, the kindness that peeks through your playful facade. It's captivating, a force that draws me in like a moth to a flame. For you, Gwen, I'd learn a new language, paint the sunrise with words, sing from the rooftops if it meant you'd hear me. I'd climb mountains and cross oceans, overcome any obstacle, just to capture a glimpse of your smile directed at me. This kind of feeling, this fierce devotion, isn't something I can hold back any longer. It's a wildfire spreading through my soul, and I'm willing to let it burn if it means finding a spark in yours.

Maybe this little plan, this crazy leap of faith, will fall flat. But I have to try. Because the thought of a life without you, Gwen, is a melody I simply refuse to hear.

"Hirap kapag 'yong gago na ang na-in love sa atin eh, lahat tayo damay. Ang aga mo kasing lumandi!" Pagrereklamo ni Maloi while driving her mom's car inside the Mall's parking lot. 

"Kapag kayo na-in love, hinding hindi ako gagawa ng efforts to put you back on track kapag nagkanda broken broken kayo!" I sulked. 

"Si bunso naman oh! Come here, kiss Ate Colet!" Colet jokingly said while pulling me close to her, si Mikha nakangiwi lang habang pinapanuod kami. 

"You guys are cringe." Mikha whispered. 

"Sige nga, if you'll dedicate a song to Gwen, what song it will be?" Maloi randomly asked, nakapagpark na rin siya at pinapakalma nalang nila ako ngayon because I am so fucking nervous. 

Ano nga ba? 

"Hmm, yellow?" I answered, hindi pa ako sigurado. Kasi naman, pabigla-bigla sila ng tanong eh. 

Mikha started singing. "Your skin ... Yeah, your skin and bones." And when she realized something, she looked at me with a disgusting look. "Shee? Yellow is a song for hepatatis!" 

Napa-iling nalang ako at bumaba sa sasakyan ni Maloi. Wala namang dulot 'tong mga kasama ko eh! I roamed around the Mall with my friends following me. Saan ba mahilig si Gwen? Shirts? Makeups? Books? 

Books!

Hinila ko agad sila to the nearest book store, yung pwede kang magbasa. When we get inside the bookstore, I saw Gwen and Valfer. They weave between the aisles, their conversation punctuated by bursts of laughter. I ducked behind a shelf, my heart hammering against my ribs. 

Ang sakit sa mata! May pangit!

I huddled with my three best friends. Puro mura rin sila dahil sa nakikita namin ngayon.

"Yep, there they are. Valfer's showing her some fantasy novel. Looks like a first date to me." I whispered frantically.

"You okay, Sheena? You look like you might faint. Tara sugudin na natin!" Maloi whispered.

I clutched a book to my chest. "I don't know. Seeing them together... it hurts. But I had to know for sure, you know?"

My gaze darts between Gwen and Valfer, a bitter pang twisting in my gut. The sight of them together confirms my deepest fears and pain. I hate to admit this, but seeing Gwen this happy with him, parang gusto ko nalang umuwi at umawit mula kusina hanggang sa sala.

"Hey, remember what we talked about? Don't let this break you." Mikha said and squeezed my shoulder.

"I know, I know. It's just... Gwen is perfect. And Valfer? He's everything I'm not - he's a guy, funny, probably even reads all those fantasy epics." my voice is now trembling. 

"Look, they're heading to the romance section. Maybe Valfer's trying to impress her with his knowledge of the classics." Colet pointed at the two of them. 

"Or maybe he's just picking out a cheesy romance novel for them to read together. Who knows?" Maloi added. 

And just like that, a flicker of hope sparks in my eyes as I watched Gwen and Valfer disappeared down the aisle towards the romance section. Nakakainis! Bakit ba hindi ako mahilig magbasa ng libro? Bakit ba madalas ko lang gawing tulugan ang library?

"You're right. Maybe this isn't the end of the world. Maybe... maybe there's still a chance." I replied, taking a deep breath.

With my newfound determination, I straightens my back and peeks out from behind the shelf. The bookstore might be filled with stories, but I am determined to write my own. I saw Gweneth walk towards the fiction section so I took the chance to approach Valfer. 

"Yo, Valfer!" I started. He's busy reading books but he still looked up to me. 

"Sheena. Are you following us?" he smirks. 

"Nope, may binili lang akong libro for GWENETH." I told him. Natawa pa siya at nailing when I emphasized 'Gweneth'. "Are you really courting her? Look, Valfer, I know you can find someone better than her. I mean, she's perfect but hindi kasi kayo bagay." I added. 

"So, you mean to say that I should stop courting her kasi mas bagay kayo?" he teased even more. Sinasagad talaga nito ang pasensya ko eh. 

"Yes. I like her, Valfer. I really like her." I whispered and looked away. 

"Do you think she'll like you? Look at yourself, basagulero ka. You're off, your whole presence is off. And you approaching me like this, mas pinatunayan mo lang na you're no good for her. Leave Gweneth alone." he said and was about to walk away pero hinila ko siya. 

Hindi na ako nakapagtimpi at nakapagpigil. I punched him causing the bookshelf to crumble down, parang domino na natumba rin 'yong ibang bookshelf, causing everyone to notice us even Gweneth. 

"What the hell? Sheena, why are you here?" she asked as she approached Valfer, tinulungan niya itong tumayo mula sa pagkakasapak ko. My friends on the other hand, approached me and tried calming me down. 

"Are you okay?" Mikha asked while holding both of my shoulders. 

"Eto ba pinagmamayabang mo sa akin, Gwen? Na she look genuine and serious about you? Look at her, she screams danger and mess." Valfer shouted. 

"Gago ka ba? Sinasagad mo talaga pasensya ko e noh?" I yelled back. 

"Fix this, Gwen. Patigilin mo na 'yang gagong 'yan or else, makakarating 'to kay dad." Valfer told Gwen before walking out. 

"Dad? What do you mean? Gwen ..." I said, feeling confuse right now. 

"Siguro wag muna tayong mag-usap, Shee. Ayusin mo muna siguro sarili mo for now." Gwen whispered and looked away. 

"Gwen, hindi ko na alam. Para akong pinipiga noong nakita ko kayo. I don't understand. I like you. I really like you. No, mahal na yata kita. Gwen, hindi ko na maintindihan sarili ko. I'm so scared that you'll fall for him. I'm so scared that you'll stop talking to me." mabilis kong sabi at hinawakan ang kamay niya pero iniwas niya lang ito. 

"Pag-isipan mong mabuti, Shee. Figure everything out. And no, I won't fall for my brother. Valfer was just testing your patience." she said and finally walked away. 

I stood here, still processing everything. Brother? All this time? Kaya pala parang natatawa si tito kanina at hindi alam ang isasagot sa akin. 

Did I messed up? 

"It's okay. At least you became vocal about your feelings." Colet said and pat my back. Mikha and Maloi are negotiating with the owner of the bookstore. 

Fuck, what did I do?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

50.2K 1.5K 35
-Updates every week- Waiting In The Rain #1 on PPOP #4 on mikha #44 on aiah #49 on BINI 🫶🫶🫶🫶 A MikhAiah gxg au, by anonymous143z TagLish If I mi...
1M 91.4K 39
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
1M 22.6K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
3.9K 170 22
What would you do if you found yourself in a different timeline? That's what happened to Chie Jimena Cuenca. One day, she accidentally turn back in t...