Double Trouble | Paige Buecke...

By UndercoverN_

A Nika Muhl & Paige Bueckers x two fem readers Alyssa Knight, the upcoming dual UCONN volleyball & softball c... More

Prologue
~ One ~
~ Two ~
~ Three ~
~ Four ~
~ Five ~
~ Six ~
~ Seven ~
~ Eight ~
~ Nine ~
~ Eleven ~
~ Twelve ~
~ Thirteen ~
~ Fourteen ~
~ Fifthteen ~
~ Sixteen ~
~ Seventeen ~
~ Eighteen ~
~ Nineteen ~
~ Twenty ~
~ Twenty-One ~
~ Twenty-Two ~
~ Twenty-Three~
~ Twenty-Four~
~ Twenty Five ~
~ Twenty-Six ~
~ Twenty-Seven ~
~ Twenty-Eight ~
~Twenty-Nine~
~Thirty~
~Thirty-One~
~Thirty-Two~
~Thirty-Three~
~Thirty-Four~
A/N
A/N part 2

~ Ten ~

2.4K 81 3
By UndercoverN_

(Pls note now I have NO clue om the commentary Uconn gets during volleyball games, I'm just basing this on some of the commentary I've heard from my own/other colleges)

Nika's P.O.V

The seats that we had chosen to sit at were near the broadcasters/announcers booth because according to Paige. It's the best of both worlds, good view and being able to hear all the "hot" tea being talked about. We all rolled our eyes at the athletes comment but followed her nonetheless.

Not long after we arrived, the girls volleyball team had begun to come out of their hallway. Noticing Jess nearby Alyssa made a scowl grow on my face, however the expression quickly disappearing as I saw the female barely paying attention to girl beside her, instead the girls eyes were roaming the crowd.

"Hey guys, Alyssa's looking at us." Kk suddenly said, pointing to where I was already staring. Alyssa's eyes had gone from Cailtin who was sitting behind me, to locking eyes with me. I instantly recognized the panic in her eyes as I raised my hand in a breathing motion, trying to calm her from a far.

It seemed to work for a split second as I saw her trying to mimic the action before her coach had called her team in to start getting ready for the game.

I sighed, "Please be alright I muttered.." As I'm leaning back into my chair more I feel a hand land ok my shoulder causing me to glance behind me. Caitlin giving me a thankful nod for what I'm assuming is trying to help Alyssa, I give her a small smile in return before looking back forward.

Don't get me wrong, Caitlin was a super nice and sweet person, and even despite knowing she only had eyes for the Iowa athletes who was sitting next to her, it still made me a bit jealous seeing how close her and Alyssa were. Stupid feelings.

"Introducing Georgetown's starting line up!" The intercom in the gym suddenly sparks to life, the announcers rolling through the names of a few players with minimal cheering coming from the tiny amount of fans who have traveled with the team.

"And now everyone it's time to meet, your very own husky starters!!" The cheering was now tenfold, blue and white raged through the gym as people clapped and jumped.

"First we have Ryan Sperling, a 5'7 freshman libero from Reno, Nevada."  A dirty blonde girl in a different color jersey than the rest of her team waves to the crowd as she's on the court.

"Next, we have Jess Perry, a 6'2 sophomore right side from Nashville Tennesse." I roll my eyes and Paige whistles.

"Damn that girl is tall, I never realized that."

"You're like 6 feet, that's probably why you didn't pay much attention." Maia offers, the blonde just struggling.

"Emma Rake, a 5'8 freshmen defensive specialist from Palm Springs, California."

I zoned out the next two players but I remember them being seniors.

"And last but certainly not least, probably the most anticipated newcomer of the night! Alyssa Knight, a 5'10 freshman outside hitter from Los Angeles, California!" The crowd goes wild once again, once the introductions are over.

I'm not even sure if Alyssa was paying attention or was aware that they were introducing the starters as she didn't even react when they were calling her name, the girl I had feelings for instead just staring through the next to the otherside of the court.

Soon enough the whistle was blown as one of Georgetown's players served the ball over the net, starting the game. I heard the announcers in the booth began to talk as I watched the game below.

"Welcome to Storrs, Connecticut as we begin the Uconn Vs Georgetown women's volleyball game. I'm Bianca here with my partner David, say hello."

"Hello Storrs." A male voice laughs, "Bianca, how are you feeling about today's match up?"

"Well David, as most have known Uconn did not have a very strong season last year. Going 8 and 22 overall, however this year we have quite the switch up with three very strong freshmen recruits. All freshmen which hopefully will be enough to turn the tide for Uconn's season into a victorious one this year."

I tune out the commentary coming from the booth next to my teammates and I as I fully focus on the game below me, watching as one of Alyssa's teammates manage to get the ball up, instantly sending it to their setter who sends it Alyssa's way. The black-haired girl hits it, however the ball soaring far outside of the court lines as the ref holds is flag up signaling it was out, giving the point to Georgetown.

"Oh that's not good.." I hear Maia mumble beside me with Caitlin and Kate humming in agreement behind me. I bite my lip slightly as I see Alyssa shake her head on the court, patting her own chest to her teammates in a silent 'my bad', statement.

"That's alright Alyssa boo! Shake it off girlie!" Kk screams, Azzi and Aaliyah yelling their own encouragements out

___________

Alyssa's P.O.V

My heart literally feels like it's trying to escape and make a new home OUTSIDE of my body right now. I huff to myself as my teammates hold out there hands towards me.

"My bad, my bad." I pat my chest as I own up to my mistake before high fiving the girls, moving to go back to position but not before Ryna comes up to me, patting my shoulder quick before going back to her position making me glance behind myself at her.

"You got this girlie, let's show them what we can do."

I nod, taking another breathe as another serve comes back over. Ryan easily being able to make a perfect pass.

"Hit me again, 4!" I yell, my arm up, praying that Maggie, our setter, will set me again after my last screw up, which she does.

'Thank you' I think to myself as I run for my approach, jumping towards the ball coming towards me before tipping it right over the block infront of me.

The Georgetown libero attempts to dive for the pick up, not making it in time as the ball hits the ground cause for the husky crowd to start yelling.

"AND THE HUSKYS FIRST POINT OF THE GAME WILL BE BY ALYSSA KNIGHT ! WITH THE ASSIST FROM MAGGIE CARLEY!" I hear the speakers come to life as the announcers yell out the first points for our side of the day. My teammates come up to me, some giving me high fives and some slapping my butt because of the heads up play.

I take another breath, a small smile working its way to my lips.

"Alright. I can do this." I softly say to myself. Getting ready for the next play.

We eventually ended up winning the first two sets and dropping the third, now we were in the fourth set, currently leading 23 to 22. I was up to serve.

Looking over at my coach, I see as she holds up a 5 behind her clipboard. She wants me to serve the back right corner, which makes sense because at this time on the other team, the setter is trying to hide behind their outside. If I can force the setter to take the first ball, it'll mess up their offensive play for their start.

Inhaling deeply, I nod before tossing the ball up for a float serve, hitting the volleyball and entering the court. The white, blue and black ball moves back and forth slightly in the air, landing on the setter as she's in the middle of trying to move towards the front, making her panic and pass an unplayable pall.

"And that is a service ace by Knight!" The speakers yell out again, "The huskies are currently on match point, will she be able to do it again to secure the huskies first win?!"

My coach signals the same spot for me to serve which I do, but this time they're able to get it up.

"4!" I hear our middle blocker yell, our frontline shifting towards the left to hopefully block the incoming hit. Our rightside, Jess, is able to get a touch on the ball, slowing it down which was good, but the bad thing about this touch was that it changed the direction of the ball from the court to the sidelines on the left of me.

Ryan begins to run for it but with me being closer, I call her off, hoping that she'll just be able to play it back over if I touch it. Quickly turning, I sprint towards the balls arch is heading, not paying attention as I'm nearing the reffing table and chairs from our bench, eyes staying on the ball.

"ALYSSA!" I hear Jess yell, and for a split second I look down, seeing the obstacles I was nearing. Already committed, I use my momentum to dive over the temporary blockades, my right arm reaching for the ball and sending it back towards my team on the court. Soon after the ball is sent, I crash on the other side, taking a few chairs with me in the process as I groan.

"And an amazing save by Knight! But David... it doesn't seem as if she's getting up, can her team turn this into a point with just five? And THEY DO! Husky's volleyball for the win on Jess's amazing stuff block!" The speakers blare to life as the cheering in the gym grows to an almost unbearable volume, but at this point everything was muffled and I could barely understand the words coming through the intercoms. I could however recognize many footsteps approaching where I was still laid out, teammates and trainers alike.

"David, the husky's did not even have a chance to celebrate their win as of yet as they rush to check in on freshmen Alyssa Knight who had a pivotal part in tonight's win."

"I agree there Bianca, a teammates health is always first and foremost. Let's just hope that the injury is nothing serious as this early in the season, the huskys could definitely use a player like Knight with the grit and heart she has shown today."

I groan as a finger is waved above my face, my eyes following it before our trainer is satisfied enough to help me up into a sitting position.

"Do you know where you are Alyssa?"

I rub the back of my head and neck, "The gym, we had a game today.." I get out, still in a good amount of pain.

"Against who?"

I think for a moment before responding, "Georgetown."

Our athletic trainers nods, going to talk to my coach as one of the assistants brings me ice for my skull.  The athletic trainer comes back, "Are you able to walk?"

"I think so yeah." I nod, starting to get up with the help of one of my teammates before hissing as I apply pressure on my right foot, catching my trainers attention as they have me helped to a chair so they can try and assess the damage.

"How bad did it hurt when you applied pressure?"

"Not horribly, I probably could have walked on my own if I needed to but it would've hurt and been even more uncomfortable." I answer honestly, watching as the trainer places their hand on one side of my ankle, making me push into it before repeating it with the other side, I wince slightly.

"Good news is, doesn't seem like anything is torn or pulled." They nod towards the injured ankle, "Just a bad sprain, if you stay off of it for the next two or three days you should be fine. That means no practice for you Monday and Tuesday, and it'll probably be smart for you to use those crutches over there for minimal usage."

I nod, listening to every word our trainer said and even sighing in relief at the news, I really did not want to have a serious injury in the beginning of the season, do you know how embarrassing that would be? Not to mention how I would have to miss multiple games, I would've hated life.

"For now, I'm going to wrap your ankle for stability and then I'll want to make sure to have a proper concussion test on you before you go home today to 100% rule out a concussion, but other than the ankle you seem fine to me." The athletic trainer explains to me as she finishes wrapping my ankle, patting on the shoulder. "Great game today."

"Thank you."  I voice to them as they walk awag, watching as Jess comes over with the crutches for me before sighing, hobbling slightly to grab onto them and balancing myself before walking to the locker room with the help.

"You seem a little too familiar with those Knight." Jess jokes behind me and I sigh again.

"Let's just say it's not my first time in this rodeo." I say disappearing into the locker room as the sound of my team finally celebrating the win reaches my ears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 3.2K 31
**BOOK 2 COMING SOON** In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to...
470K 7.9K 31
what happens if UCONN's most popular basketball player finds herself searching for one person in the crowd? Jules knew who she was and what she want...
45.9K 881 17
Hailey Van Lith despised like the Madison twins. What could happen when Taylor teams up with the Louisville Women's team? What if I told you one part...
51.1K 693 25
Y/n X Paige Bueckers Y/n isn't just an ordinary girl, she's the best player in the class of 2020... next to Paige Bueckers. Their beef has dated bac...