Palworld We're all Pals Here

By MSWolfsbane

User #072 washes ashore on the Palpagos Islands after his research vessel is attacked. He is quickly befriend... More

Chapter 1 Palpagos Isles
Chapter 2 Violence In Paradise
Chapter 3 A Samurai Arrives
Chapter 4 Jessica Jetdragon
Chapter 5 Raid
Chapter 6 Thunder Bear on the Windswept Hills
Chapter 7 Sanctuary
Chapter 8 Sally Lovander
Chapter 10 Syndicate Part II
Chapter 11 Vessel #33 Crescent Moon
Chapter 12 Minx
Chapter 13 Sam and Minx vs Palworld
Chapter 13.5 Sam and Minx Part II
Chapter 14 Zoey and a Damn Mammorest
Chapter 15 Free Pal alliance
Chapter 16 Dungeon Discoveries
Chapter 17 Round Two Fight
Chapter 18 Mourning
Chapter 19 Axel and Orserk's Assault
Chapter 20 Fillet O' Friend
Chapter 21 Siege on the Windswept hills
Chapter 22 Gothic Hostess
Chapter 23 For the Love of Moon

Chapter 9 Syndicate

19 0 0
By MSWolfsbane

The stench of science fills the air. Noxious chemicals and poisonous potions. I wake in a cell surrounded by Lunaris, though none of them are Moon. They float about chanting.

     "Sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice."

     One of the Lunaris turn to me and I meet its gaze.

    "Luna, ris," it says.

    "I don't understand you," I say crawling, my back toward the wall.

     "Kill me, they will," she stares into my eyes, "kill us, we'll die."

     "Who, I don't understand what you're saying," I yell pushing her away.

    Tears run down her cheeks and she grabs my shoulders shaking me.

     "Kill us, help," she says wrapping herself around me.

     All the Lunaris in the room swarm around me holding each other. What is she saying? What's going to happen to them? Who's trying to kill them?

The cell door bursts open and the Lunaris huddle around me in fear.

"Pathetic, he can't help you, now let's go," a well armed Syndicate soldier says.

     "Wait, what are you going to do to them!" I yell standing.

*Bang

I fall to the ground holding my leg as blood pours through my fingers. I understand now. All those Lunaris. They're going to hurt them, and I can't do anything but sit in this cell. I need to save my pals and get my Paldeck back.

A few hours go by before the Syndicate return this time with someone who seems important. I just sit there holding my leg in agony trying not to bleed to death. The door swings open and I look up through the bars to see a large dark haired man with pink eyes. By the looks of him he's their leader.

"What bullshit have you filled my daughter's head with, there is no outside world, the memories you seek are lies, there is only Palworld," he says leaning down to me.

"I find you an interesting specimen though, since you're new here I'll give you a little test to see if you can survive, bring them in," he says motioning to his men.

Syndicate soldiers toss Sally and Mr. Kitty into the cell with me. Their leader drops my butcher knife at my feet.

"You have one hour, choose between them," he says with a cynical smirk.

Sally cowers in a corner. As one of my newest pals she surely thinks herself disposable. After helping me mend the bullet wound on my leg Mr. Kitty takes a deep breath.

"I should be the sacrifice, I don't deserve to exist," Mr. Kitty says.

"Sambushi would never forgive me," I say lifting the butcher knife off the ground.

"I may be your Pal, but I won't let you kill her," Mr. Kitty says stepping infront of Sally.

     I take a moment to ponder my options. The chanting of the Lunaris fresh in my mind. A wild and unsettling idea crosses my mind. A sacrifice.

"Katress enjoy eating meat raw because it makes them stronger, Mr. Kitty, I need you to be stronger," I say raising the knife.

It's cold at first. I don't feel anything. No pain, just cold. It's a clean cut. Not my right because I need to shove that foot up the Syndicate's ass. Plus I've already got a bullet in my left leg. When the pain comes it's all at once. I cry out in agony as my foot is severed.

"Are you sure?" Mr. Kitty asks.

"I have to save Moon and I can't do it without my pals," I reply.

There's an unsettling crunch as Mr. Kitty devours my raw flesh. His eyes glow red and grow wide. He's filled with bloodlust. The bars to the cell are no match for his claws. My nails dig at the concrete as I try to get over the pain. Sally scurries over to mend my wounds.

"Master Morado, why would you sacrifice so much for us? we're just pals?" She asks.

"Sally, I need to find Moon and I need both of you to do it, don't worry I'll be ok," I say breathing heavily.

"We should leave, we can't stay here," Sally says worried.

"I keep telling you Sally, not without Moon," I reply.

I look over at Mr. Kitty. There's a wild look in his eyes as blood drips down the fur on his neck.

"If you head down the hall there's a room two doors down on the right, that's where they have your gear and the rest of your spheres, I'll liberate Jessica and Sam then meet you in the main hall," Mr. Kitty says and bolts down the hallway.

I look out one of the windows as Sally carries me down the hall. Is that, Dr. PAL's lab?

*Inside Dr. PAL's laboratory

"Luna, Moon," Moon yells.

"Is that the Lunaris we were trying to catch when that little shit killed sergeant Keen," one of the soldiers says.

"I think so, maybe we should make her pay, she doesn't need both of her arms does she," a second soldier says.

"Bounty says alive, doesn't say how much of her," the first soldier says laughing.

"If either of you put your hands on her I will turn your reproductive organs inside out, she is a rare specimen and I will have her in the best of conditions, now, leave my presence before I kill you both," a familiar voice demands.

"Sure whatever, weirdo," the soldiers reply and leave.

"Moon, you're not going to like this, and I'm sorry for it, but we need to make you stronger," Dr. PAL says.

"Morado, help, Morado," Moon replies.

Dr. PAL leans down by Moon's ear and whispers.

"He'll die, if you aren't strong enough."

Moon struggles against her bindings as the platform she's on raises into the air. Syndicate soldiers begin to walk in Lunaris and strap them to a large machine connecting to her platform. Moon stares over at one of the Lunaris as Dr. PAL starts the machine.

The Lunaris reflects in Moon's violet eyes as they begin to water. It tries to squirm as it's essence is drained from its body. Tears run down Moon's soft cheeks as they discard the Lunaris's empty shell and strap down another.

Moon watches helplessly as her fellow Lunaris are sucked dry. There's a sharp pain at the base of her spine and she cries out.

"Phase one complete, continue to drain the Lunaris while I inject the subject," Dr. PAL says.

Moon feels a wave of pain surge through her veins and begins to convulse.

Data log on subject #063 Lunaris. Subject chooses to be referred to by the name Moon. Subject also emits a strange glow at night. It is possible she is a phenomenon that we have come to call 'lucky'. I have attempted to condense four pals into the subject. After a short period of convulsions she seems to have stabilized.

"How are we doing," Dr. PAL says inspecting Moon.

"Please," Moon says shaking. "Please stop."

"Don't worry sweetie it will all be over soon," he replies with a cynical smile.

Moon hangs her head as more Lunaris are sucked dry of their essence. Left as nothing but empty dried up corpses the soldiers pile in a truck and send off to be burned.

Data log two subject #063. After the second round of injections subject complains about hearing voices. I have no doubt these are the voices of the other Lunaris that have been condensed into her. Along with their strength and experience she seems to gain their memories and personality traits. I'm sure after a few days these side effects will settle.

"It's time for your forth and final injection Moon, how are you holding up," Dr. PAL says checking her forehead for a fever.

"Please stop, hurting, killing, you're killing," Moon replies weak from the injections.

"Don't worry, they're just pals after all," Dr. PAL says with a sinister smile.

"You, monster," Moon says and passes out.

*Syndicate tower storage room

     I sit in the floor as Sally gathers my gear. Not sure how I'm going to fight with a bullet in my leg and one foot. After grabbing my gear I struggle to stand.

     "Master Morado, I don't have anything to heal you, but I do have something for the pain," Sally says holding out a mushroom.

     I grab it from her and eat the whole thing. Sally tilts her head playfully as a feeling of euphoria washes over me. There is no pain, only pleasure.

     "How was it master Morado, shall we do it now or later," she says licking her lips.

     Colors and sounds seem to merge just as pain becomes pleasure. I can feel the sound of Sally's unwanted flirtation press against my skin. Maybe I was a little too trusting.

     "Morado, I think we should do it now, there's no time to waste let's do it," Sally says grabbing my arm.

     Is Sally trying to seduce me? I need to save Moon. We can't just do it right here. What's wrong with her?

     Sally grabs me and sticks her tongue in my mouth. I shove her away and fall to the floor. What was that? She tastes like poison. I grab at the floor and vomit.

     "Sorry, that should neutralize some of the mushroom's effects, you weren't supposed to uh, eat the whole thing," Sally replies blushing.

     "Oh great sky deity, what the hell was that Sally, do you even brush your teeth? Why is it slimy?" I ask rubbing her mucus off my cheek.

     "Morado, we need to do it now, we need to meet up with Mr. Kitty and the others so we can save Moon," Sally says looking embarrassed.

     "Gross, all I can taste is mushroom vomit and Lovander tongue," I say rummaging through my inventory for something to rinse my mouth out.

     "Master Morado," Sally says tearing up.

     "Yeah, what is it?"

     "You're hurting my feelings," she says hanging her head.

     "You're right, I'm sorry, let's get going," I say petting her.

      "It's ok master Morado, I know you didn't say all those mean things about our first kiss on purpose, it was all a joke right master Morado," Sally says with a smile.

      I don't know where all these rooms came from. I'm pretty sure when I hung out with Zoey it was just one floor. Also this is me ignoring the fact that a Lovander just stuck its whole tongue in my mouth.

     The sound of gunfire catches my attention. That has to be where I meet up with Mr. Kitty and the others. I pull Sally down the hall toward the gunfire. Now that I've spent a few minutes on this prosthetic foot I can walk on my own. It's funny what the Syndicate leave lying around. Then again, maybe it's not that funny. They probably took this leg off one of their victims.

     I can hear them fighting as I push open the door to a large room. This must be the place where Zoey hung out with me.

     Entering the room I see Sambushi struggling to hold off the Syndicate soldiers. Mr. Kitty is still in blood lust, damn I must be delicious. Jessica, the strongest of all three of them is cowering behind a pillar.

     "STOP IT, DADDY STOP IT NOW!" Zoey screams.

     The soldiers halt their assault and my pals take a quick breath. I join them in the center of the room. The soldiers retreat as Zoey and Grizzbolt approach us. Zoey's unnamed father, leader of the Rayne Syndicate, steps out on a platform above us.

     "I suppose you're going to handle this yourself then young lady," he says crossing his arms.

     "You're right daddy, I let him poison me with his lies, there is no outside world there is only Palworld," Zoey says moving toward me aggressively.

     "Zoey, you don't have to fight me we are friends," I say stepping infront of my pals.

    Zoey grabs my shirt and hits me with the first right hook I've ever felt in my life, as far as I know. I fall flat on my ass and Sam and Mr. Kitty step forward. They say something to Zoey but she can't understand them like I can.

     "Zoey, don't do this," I say standing between Sam and Mr. Kitty.

     "Bring it on loser," she says throwing up a heart with a confused smile.

     Shit, I'm about to get flatlined.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 668 36
Sun and Moon story with a lot of angst, fluff and twists. There will be interesting things that are going to make many questions. There will be sadne...
150K 6.1K 148
How does a curious, world traveling, demisexual end up in a polyamorous relationship with a trio of lustful vampires? It starts with a broken down ca...
11.6K 301 24
Hello this is the first time I write a story hopefully everything goes smoothly while making this. Sun x Moon ship so if you don't like the ship don'...
281 42 23
In a world of destruction, demons roamed the lands killing countless lives, but there are people who swore to protect them, the people with gifts, th...