Secrets Must Be Hidden (Batma...

By newsies_fan123

BAD DESCRIPTION SORRY Scarlet has been looked after by Bruce Wayne for many years living the normal life. Un... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Reunion
Chapter 2: The Long Mission
A/N UPDATE SOON
Chapter 3: Fair
Chapter 4: The Gala
Chapter 5: Rooftop Meet Up
Scarlet and Tim's Friendgroup
Chapter 6: The New Student at Gotham Academy
Chapter 7: The Wing and The Hood
Chapter 8: Just Tell Her.
Chapter 9: Becoming Detectives
Chapter 10: Maze pt1
Chapter 11: Maze Part Two
Chapter 12: Overwhelmed
Chapter 13: The Attic Club
Lore Book
This is why I will always Update
Mini Series !
Decision Made
Chapter 15: The Curious Meeting
RED HOOD STORY
Update in June
NEW BOOK COVER !

Chapter 14: Roy Harper

40 1 0
By newsies_fan123

Scarlet and Tim chatted away as they made their way downstairs. Water bottles in hand and trainers on, they were ready to meet their other siblings in the kitchen before heading to the gym. Scarlet sometimes, though it was hard to forget, forgot how rich the Wayne family actually was. As at the back of the house had their own private gym with the most expensive equipment money could buy. Though Scarlet complained they didn't need all of it, it was better than awkwardly heading to the Gotham gym.

"I just feel like a night out" Scarlet said with Tim at the breakfast bar "It's been so long"

"I know but just I don't want to get in trouble again" Tim said as he ate his toast "If I knew we wouldn't get caught then maybe"

"I'll figure something " Scarlet finished and smiled as she noticed Jason walking into the room. However, it soon faded as his best pal came through. The annoying tall man, with broad shoulders that displayed Scarlet's least favourite band,  and with ridiculous mullet with a cap on top. Roy Harper. Who annoying was also in gym gear.

In a playful manner Scarlet looked him up and down and raised and eyebrow " What are you doing here?" Roy laughed  as he stood frowning from accross the table. "Nice to see you as well, Scar' "

Roy Harper and Scarlet Wayne were always known to have arguments and overall annoyance with each other. Scarlet herself didn't even remember how it formed. However though most of the time it was jokes back on forth, the two of them had gotten under each others skin a couple of times. As kids Scarlet remebered screaming at the boy for calling her names or involving sweet little Jason with his pranks. A memory came up of when Bruce and Ollie had to sit the two of them down to stop their silly behaviour. However, Scarlet knew deep down that they truly did care for each other. Though they never mentioned it to the full extent.

When Roy was getting through his addiction, younger Scarlet laid off the silly jokes about his hair and always offered him the last of Alfred's snacks. And when Jason had died, Roy would fill in to take Scarlet to sport games and concerts.  

So, overall they like to think they have matured a little.Though they like to keep up some sort of tradition.

Roy smirked fixing his backwards cap "It's been like a month and I don't get a hug?"

"When you stop wearing that stupid hat I might consider it" She rolled her eyes then turned to Jason. The boy, who had already began eating his toast in hand, waved at her in defence. His arm flexing as he wore his tank top  "If I'm stuck here working for Bruce, I can bring my friends over"

"Don't you have better friends?" Scarlet crossed her arms and eyeing Roy up as he digustingly chucked the yoghurt down his throat. It was worse than her image of Radian at lunctime with the milk. Tim only laughed as he began to stand up for them to start their work out.  Jason talked more "Now we're going to play basketball so don't annoy us" Scarlet put her hands up thinking he would be a bit more charming that morning "Guess I've been replaced"

"Don't worry, if we want an easy practise, I'll ask you over" Roy side glanced Scarlet who was dragged by Tim before it got any further.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlet, Tim, Damian and Dick stood in a line as they began their warm up. Dick setting up his unquie playlist for the day, which actually fitted well for excericsing. They had done a number of stretches, one in particular reminded Scarlet that she should stretch more often, and then followed in various press ups.

"Come on guys" Dick began as he took control of the warm up. Scarlet , Tim and Damian were stuck listening to old throwbacks as Dick made them stretch and do various cardio exercises. Scarlet joked how it was if they were in an 80s home video. And if Scarlet was honest.... She thought maybe in another life Dick did do that for his job.

"I hate when he takes over warm ups" Damian bitterly said as he began his push ups. Scarlet piped up "Damian it would be like army camp if you took over"

Soon enough, they finally got a little break as they began drinking water. However, Dick decided to try out the gymnastics equipment and headed to the bars. Scarlet and Tim watched a far as he spun around and Damian trying to learn from him. Scarlet looked in awe as she forgot about her brothers cirucs training from his youth. When she was younger she always begged him to tell her the tales of the circus and she even planned on running away there when her brothers annoyed her too muchTim took his phone out as Scarlet began to chat away.

"How about we go to a bar again"

"No"

"Come on. I wanna have fun for our last year" she started praying to Tim who only raised an eyebrow "If you wanna get us IDs then sure"

Jason and Roy came in after a session of playing  basketball in the outside court.  They walked by and were going to head to the boxing bags when Scarlet stopped Jason to ask a question.

"Jasonnnn"

"What?" He asked looking tired as he had a wet towel over his shoulders. With a innocent smile
Scarlet asked "Could you get us fake IDs so we could go to a bar.... Again?" If anyone could figure out away to get fakes it was the ex crime alley kid. It was annoying, as a couple years ago, most Gotham bars couldn't care less who walked in to grab a drink. Well, maybe the fancier ones. But Gotham PD are making stricter rules to Scarlet's annoyance.

"Let me think about it?" He frowned tapping his chin "No."

Scarlets jaw dropped a little as she heard laughter from Roy "But you didn't mind us last time. You did it!" Jason, who just wanted to go to his hang out with Roy, turned with a blunt face "Did you really forget, Scarlet?"

"What?" She asked honestly. Until she looked back on her nights out. Scarlet suddenly realised what Jason was on about. How could she forget? It was the night he was the angriest at her.

Jason did not mind Scarlet and Tim going out. And Dick was the same, though he gave them more lecturers about things. However, there was a time where Tim accidentally slipped that Scarlet had kissed some people. Oh, that isn't so bad? Jason thought at the time. His sister, though he hated thinking about it, was just doing normal things a teenager would. But nope, she started kissing people when she was out....with her fake ID.

So the day came when Jason was scrolling on social media and he clicked on a story. And all he saw was his little sister kissing someone he went to high school with....and someone he really didn't like.....

"But that won't happen again. I only went out like three times until we got caught" Scarlet pouted. A while back, with faking Ids and hiding where they were going from their parents, Scarlet and her group had went out a couple of times. Wanting to dress up and see what the nightlife within Gotham could give. However, all the fun ended when they all shuffled awkwardly at the police station for their parents to pick them up. It had to be the night they went that Gotham Police was scouting out to see if teenagers were in these bars. Ever since they couldn't bare to go back.

Jason shook his head as he drank his water bottle. Scarlet began pleading "Please Jason, I'll sneak out if you don't"

"I'll find you" he retorted. Roy smirked fixing his hair "Don't worry I'm sure there's a play park you could go too"

"Roy can you go now"she huffed

Roy playfully put a hand to his heart "I haven't done anything. I''m here to visit your brother" From there the two of them began to bicker as Tim and Jason filled each other in on their day. However, they payed attention once more as Roy said "What, you're going to get the Justice League?"

"You saw the news" Scarlet cringed out putting a hand on her head. She completely forgot she started the next debate within Gotham and maybe the country. Roy laughed "Yeah girlie, but at least I know a celeb. Though you didn't think it through did you"

"Bruce gave me the talk" she glared up. However, the ginger only just shook his head and playfully crossed his arms. An evil smirk playing on him. "Scarlet, you didn't think how Red Arrow is gonna feel about it"

 Scarlet gasped dramatically and fell back against the matt. Her hand going to her mouth as she began chanting "No" repeatedly. She sat up with Tim laughing by her side as she said "He needs to understand that he's the exception"

Now, maybe a year or two ago, there was a big meet up of at Wayne Manor. Majority of Justice League and Young Justice who were close with the family were there for drinks and chat. Obviously Scarlet only knowing them by their hidden identities. And within the room filled with teens, the discussion of hero's got brought up.

(will do a lore chapter on this and will put more detail into it)

"Wait Scarlet do you have a hero crush?"

Scarlet remembered the weird silence and attention on her when the question was brought up. However, she couldn't pin point why as majoirty of people discussed which hero they had a crush on. She shrugged from her seat and thought through. Not realising that her siblings next to her, were furiously sweating in hopes she didn't mention a member from the bat family.

"I don't really have any" she admitted.

"Thank god" Tim let out a breath

"But I guess Black Canary " she smirked knowing it was the most obvious choice. Everyone nodding of the approved answer.  The whole world had a crush on that woman at some point. However, the next sentence caused Jason to choke on his drink.

"But I guess I would also say Red Arrow" Scarlet smirked.

"WHAT" The room turned in a shocked manor.

Secretly they all eyed Roy who nearly began laughing his head off. Especially as she listed the reasons as everyone's reaction shocked her. "You really don't think he's fit?" Scarlet smirked. 

"You're crazy, Scarlet" Artmis said as she drank her beer.

"But he's the most normal one and he's ginger and - ROY HARPER STOP LAUGHING"

Roy had to do everything within his power to not let his hidden identity be let out. He calmed down, espcially as Jason glared over, and asked "Do you like gingers then"

"Roy.... you are the last person I would ever find attractive"

(Lore jump soz)

"Don't worry I'm sure he will forgive you" Roy smirked seeing the girl upset. Scarlet just rambled however "He's just so attractive though. I can't let this ruin my image for him"

"He's my age" Jason grumbled down towards her.

"A girl can dream" Scarlet called back sighing as she thought about Red Arrow.

"Yeah Jason" Roy snickered. However, he was soon pulled away to join Jason at the boxing bags.

————-

After being an 80s sport instructer, Dick sipped his coffee as he watched Bruce go on the computer. He had just got back on to look at the files and Dick wanted to see for himself as well.

"Student records" Bruce mumbled as he remembered where he lasted stopped. He began scrolling through all the various names of the school. There were hundreds of names that appeared on there. Though it wouldn't matter too much, Bruce only felt comfortable looking at one of his own kids records . Dick walked over to the screen "There are hundreds. Surely the Joker wouldn't want to attack on all of them? Unless it's something big..."

"No he would've done it at the other attack" Bruce replied scanning until it landed on Scarlets record. It opened to her school photo and informantjon about her. The classes she was in, the grades, her home address....her emergency contacts.... her security plan.

As Gotham academy has the children of the richest and most powerful, the school decided to ask each family to create a plan on who would pick them up and what would happen in emergencies. For example, it gave all the pick up points Alfred would collect them from school and schedules. Basically making sure each child is safe.....

"If the Joker has these plans..." Dick said slowly realising what was happening.

"Every child of this school is in danger .... Which means he could have control of the parents... What a parent would do for their child" Bruce quickly got up and began getting ready. Dick soon quickly followed behind them as they headed out into Gotham.

They needed to speak to Gordon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.3K 1.2K 9
The young justice team has been given a mission to protect the sons of Bruce Wayne easy right? But what happens if the boys are hiding something abou...
229K 8.2K 38
The Batman, the dark knight of Gotham, a founding member of the Justice League...and after all this time they STILL don't even know his name! In thi...
18.8K 581 25
DC Series Book One "No don't..." But her arms go up and the mesmerizing portals appear. Through the portal closest to them, the boys can see grass an...
238K 6.4K 52
"Where's the other one?" the man wearing a black ninja-like outfit stated as he pointed to Damian. "The other what?" Both Damian and his father said...