iris | one tree hill

By madupnh

── irisㅤ/ ─── ❛ you're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be❜ ── ❛ and I don't want to go home right now... More

IRIS
GRAPHICS
── ACT ONE
0. before
1. pilot
2. places you have come to fear
3. are you true?
4. crash into you
5. all that you can't leave behind
6. every night is another story
7. life in a glass house
8. the search for something more
9. with arms outstretched
10. you gotta go there to come back
11. the living years
12. crash course in polite conversation
13. hanging by a moment
14. i shall believe
15. suddenly everything has changed
16. the first cut is the deepest
17. spirit in the night
18. to wish impossible things
19. how can you be sure?
20. what is and what should never be
21. the leaving song
22. the games that play us
── ACT TWO
1. the desperate kingdom of love
2. truth doesn't make a noise
3. near wild heaven
4. you can't always get what you want
5. i will dare
6. we might as well be strangers
7. let the reigns go loose
8. truth, bitter truth
9. the trick is to keep breathing
10. don't take me for granted
12. the hero dies in this one
13. quiet things that no one ever knows & unopened letter to the world
14. somewhere a clock is ticking
15. something i can never have
16. the lonesome road
17. i'm wide awake, it's morning
18. what could have been
19. the tide that left and never came back
20. the leavers dance
BONUS CHAPTER
── ACT THREE
1. like you like an arsonist
2. from the edge of the deep green sea & first day on a brand new planet
3. an attempt to tip the scales
4. locked hearts and hand grenades
5. champagne for my real friends & the worst day since yesterday
6. how a resurrection really feels & brave new world
7. return of the future & i've got dreams to remember
8. the wind that blew my heart away
9. all tomorrow's parties

11. the heart brings you back

701 29 0
By madupnh

Tree Hill

(based on season 2)

Ethan was dripping wet from the rain, his clothes were heavy on his body and his tears had mixed with the raindrops. The blond boy opened the door and found his father on the sofa. When Keith looked at his son, before he could ask any questions the boy had already gone to the bathroom.

Ethan stood under the shower, feeling the water hit his body. He thought that perhaps the temperature was too hot, but he made no effort to change the temperature. All the teenager could think was: why did he feel this tightness in his chest? Emma didn't leave him, she was going after her dream, she was going to come back.

Ethan never understood why his thoughts always went to a dark place. As if a little black cloud whispered in his ear, and he fought against those thoughts, because a part of him knew they were lies. This little black cloud whispered things like: 'they don't care about you, do you want to see how right I am? Stop talking, no one will care.' or 'if your mother didn't even stay in your life, why would anyone?' And at that moment, the little black cloud whispered: 'why would Emma come back?'

Irritated by that voice in the back of his mind, he closed his eyes, letting the shower water run down his face. Emma had promised she would come back, Emma wouldn't break her promise, would she?

The boy decided to ignore that voice; he had been doing so for a long time. When he had finished his shower, Ethan found his father sitting at the foot of his bed waiting for him.

"Do you want to talk?" Keith asked his son in a calm, soft voice.

Ethan sat down next to his father, sighing, but Ethan didn't say a word. He just hugged his father, surprising him.

"She's gone." That's all Ethan managed to say before he started crying.

There were long minutes of Keith hugging his son and not knowing what to say until Ethan explained what had really happened.

"Why do I keep feeling this tightness in my chest?" Ethan mumbled, placing his hand over his heart.

Keith patted his son's shoulder.

"Because you miss her, son." Keith said. "Soon you'll be together. I'm sure of it."

Ethan hoped so.

That night, Emma slept on the bus next to Chris Keller, feeling her chest tighten as she missed Ethan, afraid that she was making the biggest mistake, and that her sister, Brooke and Nathan might need her and she wouldn't be there. Emma dreamt of Ethan, it wasn't a memory, it was a wish for the future.

Ethan struggled to get to sleep, tossing and turning in his bed. But when he finally fell asleep, Ethan dreamt of his ideal future.

[....]

Ethan found Brooke in the schoolyard walking alongside Luke. Ethan started to walk towards Brooke, but left a distance when Felix approached the girl and Luke and chatted, Ethan approached again when Luke left Brooke alone.

Ethan stopped in front of Brooke, his face wasn't the happiest.

"Hey, Ethan. Where's Emm's?" Brooke asked.

Ethan couldn't say the words 'she's gone' again, his throat seemed to have dried up, as if a knot had been tied. Ethan handed over the letter Emma had written to Brooke, which was in his hands.

"Okay, this is a little creepy." Brooke said, picking up the letter.

"She's gone, Brooke." Ethan muttered, his voice breaking.

"What?!" Brooke opened the letter and began to read it mentally.

'B. Davis

First of all, I'd like to apologize for not saying goodbye to you properly. But I hope you understand that I didn't have much time, it was too sudden.

Secondly, I'd like to thank you for always encouraging me to chase my dreams and believe in my potential as a singer. That's what I'm going to do.

I made Ethan promise me that he would take care of you and Peyton, but if you can help take care of Ethan and Peyton, I will be forever in your debt, B. Davis.

I'll only be a phone call away, and I promise I'll be back soon.

I love you, Brooke Penelope Davis.

From

Emma 'Violence' Sawyer

Ps: If Felix bothers or hurts you, Ethan will play my part in breaking his face.'

Brooke was leaning against the wall in the hallway reading Emma's letter, Ethan was still standing next to the girl. Brooke smiled as she finished reading and looked at Ethan.

"I'm sorry, Ethan." Brooke said.

Ethan looked at her and nodded.

"Me too." Ethan muttered.

"Soon our rockstar will be back." Brooke said.

"I'll be waiting for her, Brooke."

If Brooke felt sad about not having her best friend around, she couldn't imagine how Ethan must be feeling.

[....]

Peyton was showing Tric to Jake, who had shown up the night before. After Emma said she was leaving, and Peyton canceled the evening's event. Jake had shown up when Peyton was talking to Ricki, the guy who had supplied her with cocaine.

Peyton told him that Nathan and Haley had gotten married, that Ethan had given Emma an promise ring. She also said that Haley was kicking ass as a singer, and that Emma had left the night before to go on tour with a singer who was helping her.

Jake had seen Emma and Ethan at the bus station, but the couple hadn't seen him, and Jake also remembered seeing Haley kissing a guy who wasn't Nathan.

Peyton saw Jake's face and questioned him.

"Well, when I got off the bus I saw Ethan and Emma problably saying their goodbyes, but... I saw Haley kissing some guy. He was kind of scrawny, had a guitar case, sort of pelty hair. Who is he?" Jake explained.

"Someone she shouldn't be kissing." Peyton said. "And he's helping Emma." Peyton said.

Jake let out a laugh.

"What?"

"I'm sure that if he tried something like that with Emma, she'd break his hand without a second thought. And Ethan would finish breaking the rest of his arm. Not that I don't think Nathan wouldn't do something like that." Jake said, trying to explain himself.

Peyton smiled.

"I don't doubt at all that Emma could call me and ask to help her dispose of the boy's body, if he tries anything."

[....]

When Ethan arrived at River Court, Nathan was throwing the basketball into the river. Ethan assumed that Nathan must be refusing to play with Luke until he does his exam. As soon as Ethan got closer, Luke and Nathan were talking about one of Haley's sisters.

"Taylor?" Luke questioned.

Luke and Nathan looked at Ethan, who had his hands quietly in his coat pockets.

"Dude, she's crazy." Luke said.

"Perfect." Nathan muttered.

Nathan said he had a feeling of deja vu when he saw the girl, Ethan then explained that when they were freshmen, Taylor was a senior, and that he had probably seen her at school at some point.

Nathan then looked at Luke and Ethan.

"I'm pretty sure I've seen more of her than that." Nathan confessed.

Ethan and Luke looked at each other and then looked confusedly at Nathan who decided to explain further.

"Two years ago when they put me on Varsity from the freshmen team, the senior threw this kinda out-there party at my parents' beach house. Taylor was there." Nathan said.

"This is ugly."

"I don't like where this conversation is going, and I feel like I'm going to have too much information." Ethan whispered.

"I was pretty wasted, and she was...." Nathan trailed of. "She was the first girl I ever had sex with." Nathan confessed.

Ethan turned away.

"I knew I'd hear too much information." Ethan grumbled. "Nathan, take that back." Ethan pointed at the boy.

Luke began to laugh not only at the situation his brother had gotten himself into, but also at Ethan's reaction. Nathan told the boys that he thought Taylor didn't even remember him, Luke decided to make fun of his brother.

Ethan didn't want to destroy the boys' good mood, but Nathan stopped for a moment and looked at Ethan.

"Hey, I haven't seen Emma today." Nathan said to Ethan.

Nathan even went to the Sawyer sisters' house, but couldn't find Emma or Peyton. The girls really need to learn to lock that door.

Ethan lowered his head, Nathan and Lucas noticed how Ethan seemed to have become even sadder. Ethan pulled an envelope from his jacket pocket and handed it to Nathan.

"What's this?" Nathan held up the envelope.

"Emma's goodbye to you." Ethan whispered.

Nathan sat down on the bench, with Luke next to his brother, while Ethan pulled out a cigarette to light.

'Nathan Scott,

I'm sorry that you're reading this letter and that I haven't said goodbye to you in person. I know how much you dislike long texts, so I'll be brief.

I've seized an opportunity to sing, I need to find out if this is really my dream or just an illusion, if I'm really good at it. I hope you understand.

Ethan, Peyton and Brooke know and I hope you also know that I'll always be just a phone call away, I'll be close if you need me.

Nate, take care of Ethan for me. Please.

Love you, silly.

From

Emma.'

Nathan finished reading and looked at Ethan.

"How are you holding up?" Nathan asked.

Ethan stubbed out his cigarette and looked at his cousin, always feeling that he was going to cry.

"I miss her. But I know she's going after her dream, I couldn't be prouder of Emm's."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 222 17
❝ 𝗡𝗢 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗚 . ❞ ...
19.2K 229 30
"Briar, you guys are too young to understand love," Sofia says. I respond back saying, "Ok so maybe we are too young to understand what actual love i...
88K 4.2K 27
Valentina Scott is the most popular girl on campus. She's a basketball star who plans on making it big someday. When her estranged older brother join...
108K 3.5K 28
𝘰𝘰𝘰. ┋【 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐘 】- 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥. 💥. *. ⋆ ੈ✩‧ ೃ⁀➷ - - - 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇... one hook up ca...