A Desire for the Moon

By open_trash

King Kim Seokjin seeks out the mercenary Kim Namjoon to be his bodyguard for a month. The decision that chang... More

Disclaimer
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17 [M]
18
19
20

14

362 51 7
By open_trash

Everyone in the room was silent. No one expected Jimin to be the target. He was so well hidden from the common people that even the nobles had no idea who he was. Then who wanted to harm Jimin?

Everyone gasped when they heard a loud thud. They looked at Seokjin. He had banged Namjoon on the nearest wall while choking him with utmost force. Namjoon was struggling to get out of his hold. He had heard that Seokjin was stronger than he looked but he never imagined the power to be so distinct. Namjoon was more than 180 cm tall and Seokjin had easily managed to get him under his control. His eyes were red. Namjoon could see the emperor he had met five years ago in his eyes. The ring that Seokjin wore and his thumbnail stabbed Namjoon's neck. "I will ask you one question. If I sense even a tiny bit of bullshit in your answer, no one knows what I'll do next." He stepped closer to Namjoon and stared right into his soul, "Who sent you the contract?"

Namjoon tried to take a deep breath but Seokjin was stopping his air flow. "It is confidential."

Seokjin scoffed. He left Namjoon with a jerk and turned to Hoseok, "Bring Jimin back to the palace and arrest Jungkook." Hoseok bowed to him and ran out of the room.

"We gave up on that contract five years ago." Namjoon protested. He was about to add to his protest when he felt a heavy punch right across his face. The punch was so powerful that he almost fell to the ground.

Seokjin glared at him, "I warned you. No bullshitting." He paused for a few seconds to let Namjoon answer, but Namjoon just stayed silent. "Seungcheol, arrest Namjoon."

In about twenty minutes, Hoseok entered the study with Jimin and Jungkook.

"Hyung!" Jungkook immediately knelt beside Namjoon. He took Namjoon's face in his hands, "What happened here?"

Namjoon's cheek and his lower lip were busted and bleeding. His white shirt had a few spots of blood. His hands were cuffed behind his back. His suit coat was missing with his tie. His hair was dishevelled. Jungkook noticed the blaring red marks around Namjoon's neck. Jungkook looked around and scanned everyone's knuckles. Seokjin's knuckles were red, but the man with fierce eyes, Choi Seungcheol, his knuckles were bleeding.

"Why is he not in handcuffs?" Seokjin glared at Hoseok.

"Because he is following my orders." Jimin snapped at Seokjin, "Can I know what the fuck is going on here?"

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "They had got a contract to kill you. And Namjoon won't tell me who issued the contract."

Jungkook's eyes turned sharp, "It was an anonymous request. We don't know who issued it."

Seokjin scoffed, "Wow. One said that it was confidential, and now the other is saying that it was an anonymous request."

As Jungkook tried to get up, Namjoon stopped him, "Jungkook, no."

Jungkook patted Namjoon's shoulder, "It's okay, hyung. There is no one to use it anymore." He got up and turned to Seokjin, "I can prove that it was an anonymous request. Permission to access a computer."

Seokjin looked at Yoongi. Yoongi nodded and gave a laptop to Jungkook. Jungkook sat on the floor beside Namjoon and started typing on the laptop. He turned to Namjoon, "Hyung."

Namjoon sighed deeply, "12549076."

Jungkook typed the numbers in. He navigated through the system and finally turned the laptop to Seokjin. "See. It was an anonymous request. They were ready to pay us at least three times more than what we usually charged." Yoongi took the laptop and gave it to Seokjin.

There was a picture of Jimin on the screen. The description was weird. It said that Jimin was a bastard prince who was engaged to Seokjin. It also stated how bratty Jimin was. It was clear from the description that the person who contacted Namjoon and his team didn't know anything about Jimin. Especially the fact that he was the younger prince who everyone thought died in the plane crash. It was marked 'Declined.'

Seokjin was still pissed off. "Then why was Namjoon being so dramatic about it?"

Jungkook looked at Namjoon, "He has his principles."

"Is this why we are here? Because they had a contract against me?" Jimin raised his eyebrows.

"Yes." Hoseok tilted his head, "You are here because they were in the empire with the purpose of hurting you."

Jimin turned to Hoseok, "I know about the contract."

Seokjin narrowed his eyes. Now he was really pissed. Jimin was staying with Jungkook even after knowing the truth? "You knew?"

Jimin nodded, "I knew in the first week of living with Jungkook that they were here to kill me. Jungkook told me all about it. But I have stayed with him for three weeks now, and I have never encountered any incident where he tried to harm me. In fact, he has been very helpful and caring. And most importantly, honest."

"I know it must be hard for you to believe us. We really gave up on the contract." Jungkook looked at Seokjin. His eyes shone brightly under the room's blue lights. "We always fact-checked every contract. When hyung got to know that the information provided was wrong, we dropped the contract. Even before you guys caught us."

Seokjin turned around. He ran his hand through his hair, "Jungkook, take Namjoon away."

Jungkook looked at Seungcheol. Seungcheol stepped closer to Namjoon and unlocked the cuffs. Jungkook slowly helped Namjoon to get up. They walked out of the room slowly. Jungkook was helping Namjoon to walk properly.

Jimin shook his head, "I can't believe you did this before even talking to me. I know you are worried about me, but I am not a kid anymore. Especially not the kid that got stranded in the crash. This is exactly why I didn't tell you about the contract." He left the room without expecting any answer from Seokjin. Hoseok bowed to Seokjin before leaving after Jimin.

"Jimin-ah." Hoseok stopped Jimin right in front of the room. He didn't realize that the door was still ajar, and Seokjin could probably hear all their conversation, "His Majesty did this because they were here for you."

Jimin turned around, "I know. That is the only reason I am mad." Hoseok was shocked to see tears in Jimin's eyes. But he knew that theirs were of anger and not sadness. "If Namjoon and his team had a contract for Seokjin hyung, he would have never reacted like this. Beating up someone to the extent that they can't stand straight without even knowing the entire story is not like him. He is a level-headed emperor. But whenever I am involved, he somehow turns into a tyrant. This obsession would cost him his life someday, and I don't want to lose the only family I have. He has to get over that 10-year-old child he found in the forest. I am not him anymore."

~

Jungkook slowly helped Namjoon sit on the bed. Namjoon held his stomach and flinched as he sat on the bed. He rushed to the washroom cabinet and came back with a first aid kit. Namjoon looked at him as he took the antiseptic out on a Q-tip. "I am sorry. You got caught in this mess because of me."

Jungkook chuckled, "You should have just told them the truth. You are not our chief anymore. You can let go of your principles."

Namjoon smiled a little. It hurt him to even smile. Seokjin's hand was definitely heavy, "What am I without my principles? After all these years, the only thing I have are my principles."

Jungkook slowly applied the cream on his cheek, "Then don't apologize for them. Because all I have after all these years is you."

Namjoon closed his eyes, "You have a lot more to your life other than me."

Namjoon opened his eyes when he realized that Jungkook had stopped. There were little sparkles in Jungkook's eyes. He noticed that Jungkook was wearing the accessories that he had gifted. Jungkook went back to applying the cream, "Even if I achieve everything in my life, it would be worthless without you."

Namjoon laughed a little, "If someone heard you, they would probably think we are in a relationship."

"But you know I love you, right?" Jungkook said with the most sincere expressions.

Namjoon raised his eyebrows until both started laughing. "Ah!" Namjoon winced while holding his abdomen.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook got worried.

Namjoon nodded, still smiling. There was a knock on the door. Jungkook got up from the bed, "I'll check." Jungkook came in with a small figure almost hiding behind him. Jimin came out and bowed to Namjoon.

"I apologise for what hyung did to you." Jimin smiled sadly at Namjoon, "He gets a little edgy when I am involved. He is not a bad person, I swear."

Namjoon shook his head. "I know. I would probably do the same if Taehyung was involved in something like this, so you don't have to apologize."

Jimin stepped a little to his left. He turned to the person in a white coat. Namjoon recognised him. He was the same doctor who treated him for the bullet wound, "Please treat him."

The doctor immediately started to patch Namjoon up. As the doctor treated the wounds, Jungkook realized that they were much deeper than he had thought. Namjoon must have just stood there and taken every blow that was coming to him. He really hoped that someday, Namjoon would give up his principles for good. He clenched his jaws. If he was not tied by Namjoon, he would probably kill Seungcheol. But again, he was just following Seokjin's orders.

"All done." The doctor gave him some medicines, "Take these. They will help you in healing. Don't go to the gym for a few days." He bowed to Jimin and left the room.

Jimin turned to Namjoon, "Well, then. I will take a leave now." He turned to Jungkook, "I am going to the penthouse. You can come later. Whenever you feel like it."

"No." Namjoon stood up. It was very painful, but he didn't let it reflect on his face. "He will go with you."

"Hyung." Jungkook tried to protest.

"Jungkook..." Namjoon patted his back, "You are assigned to his highness. Go back with him. I am fine. And I will call you if something comes up. I promise."

Jungkook nodded. He knew Namjoon never broke his promises. "Take care."

~

He has to get over the 10-year-old child he found in the forest.

The sky was dark. It was the snow season, and the atmosphere already looked gloomy. The weather report said that the snow would start falling in a few days. The clouds were so thick that they were hiding the moon. Seokjin was sitting on the couch, looking out of the window.

I am not that kid anymore.

The entire incident was replaying in his mind. Especially what Jimin said. He crossed his hands across his chest. He took a deep breath and looked at Yoongi, "Yoongi, you didn't say anything when we were interrogating Namjoon."

The floor suddenly looked interesting to Yoongi. He stayed silent for a while before looking at Seokjin, "Yes, I didn't say anything because Namjoon has never failed in any of the contracts. If he wanted to, Jimin wouldn't be between us."

Seokjin looked away. He couldn't believe Yoongi was so confident about a contract killer. Seokjin trusted Namjoon a lot. But just one revelation about Namjoon's past and his trust started flickering. He knew what Namjoon did before going to him for help. And for the last month, he had not shown a single sign of his past self. He was always calm and level-headed. He got up from the couch.

"Okay, let's go."

Yoongi raised his eyebrows, "Where?"

Seokjin looked at Seungcheol, "He needs to apologize to Namjoon."

Seungcheol's eyes went wide. Before he could ask anything, Seokjin and Yoongi started walking out of the room. Seokjin wasn't sure if Namjoon would even be awake. Yoongi knocked on the door when they reached the door. It took Namjoon almost ten minutes to open the door. He was wearing grey sweatpants and a black tank top.

He looked confused when he saw the three people at his door. He stepped back to let everyone in the room.

"I am-" Seungcheol tried to apologize, but Seokjin stopped him with a hand signal.

Seokjin gulped a little. "We apologize for the inconvenience you had to endure. It was my fault for not listening to you before taking any action."

Namjoon nodded, "Apology accepted."

Seokjin wasn't expecting Namjoon to just accept the apology. He didn't know what to say anymore. He looked at Yoongi and Seungcheol and signalled them to wait outside. They bowed to Seokjin and left the room. Seokjin turned to Namjoon, "Namjoon, I know that you wouldn't trust us after what happened today. If you want to break the contract and lead a life out of this mess, you are free to go. I will not hold a grudge against you or Jungkook."

Namjoon nodded. "I will think about it."

Seokjin hummed, "Well, good night then."

~

Ryota
Who the fuck opened the system?

Mark
It was JK. 
I confirmed.
He said he wanted to know if we were still popular.

JJ
That kid is so unserious! 🙄

AJ
He is older than you.

JJ
Still unserious 😏

~

"All the arrangements are done. We will reach there at 5 in the evening. I have informed Barnlong about it."

Seokjin nodded as Yoongi told him all the details. He was listening to it, but his mind was somewhere else. He had not seen Namjoon since he was interrogated. He really dropped out of the contract the first chance he got. He really hated Seokjin that much, huh?

He was wearing an Olive Green three-piece suit with a brooch that represented his empire. His hair was professionally styled. He sighed, "Let's leave."

It was so unprofessional. Namjoon should have at least informed someone if he wanted to opt out of the contract. When Seokjin told him he could leave the contract, he thought Namjoon would stay, even if it was for Jugnkook's sake.

The ride to the airport seemed longer for Seokjin. It was funny how he was tired even before reaching Barnlong. As the car raced through the city, he closed his eyes to try and get some rest.

Seokjin glared at Namjoon, "I am asking you last time. Who is the contractor?"

Namjoon glared back, "I told you, It's confidential."

Seokjin looked at Seungcheol and nodded. Seungcheol rolled his sleeves to his elbow and punched Namjoon right across his jaw. Namjoon closed his eyes but didn't react much. When Namjoon didn't reply to Seokjin's question, Seokjin smirked a little, "I know you don't care about your life, but I didn't know you didn't care about Jungkook's life."

Namjoon glared at Seokjin and clenched his teeth, "Keep him out of this."

Seungcheol hit him hard in the gut, "No one talks to his majesty like that."

Namjoon turned to Seungcheol with sharp eyes and clenched jaws, "You will regret this, Seungcheol-shi."

Seungcheol scoffed, "We'll see who regrets what." He hit Namjoon again in the same place. As he jerked his hand, the blood drops fell on the ground. Namjoon closed his eyes as he felt the excruciating pain in his abdomen.

"We are here, your majesty."

Seokjin opened his eyes and looked at Yoongi. Yoongi was standing there with the car door open. Seokjin got out of the car. His private jet was standing there on the runway, ready to take off. He looked around. Hoseok was talking with the pilot. He also saw Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung. He was a little confused about why Taehyung was there. Was he there to see off Yoongi? Did their bond get so strong over the days?

"The other guards have taken off. They will be there half an hour before us."

Seokjin immediately looked in the direction of the voice. It was definitely Namjoon. He was talking to Hoseok. Hoseok nodded, "And our luggage?"

"I checked it in. They are loading the luggage," Namjoon said, pointing at the ground staff loading the bags.

Seokjin turned around. He didn't know if he was feeling relieved or if it was something else. But he was feeling overwhelmed.

"Are you okay, your majesty?" Yoongi asked when he realized that Seokjin was not feeling well.

Seokjin shook his head, "I am fine." He turned his attention to JImin. He patted Jimin's shoulder, "I know you are not the kids anymore. But I am always worried about you. So don't do anything I won't do."

Jimin laughed a little, "That's easy." He hugged Seokjin, taking him off guard. "I will behave myself, hyung. I promise."

Seokjin smiled a little and awkwardly hugged him back. He was not used to being this emotional or physical. He broke the hug and looked at Jungkook. "I have already apologized to Namjoon. I hope you don't hold any grudges while protecting Jimin."

Jungkook chuckled, "Namjoon hyung has always taught me not to let personal emotion affect my work. And also, if I wanted to hold a grudge it would be against you and not Jimin. So he is safe with me."

"Jungkook." Everyone turned to the warning voice. "What did I tell you about being sarcastic?" Namjoon raised his eyebrows.

Jungkook nodded, "Right, sorry."

He looked at Taehyung and then again at Jungkook, "Take care of him too."

Jungkook shrugged, "He is in our apartment for half of the days."

Taehyung smirked, "I am unemployed anyway."

Namjoon smiled at the duo. He patted Taehyung's head, "I will come back to you. Okay? I promise."

Taehyung smiled and nodded, "I know. I know you didn't abandon me. And you won't leave me again."

It was time for them to leave. Seokjin was the first one to board the plane. He was followed by Yoongi, Namjoon and the other three guards that were accompanying them. Seokjin looked back when he realized that Hoseok wasn't there.

"He is doing the last check-up," Namjoon said as he placed his carry-on bag in the overhead compartment.

Seokjin nodded, "I thought you'd leave the first chance you got."

Namjoon chuckled, "Well, everyone apologized to me. I had no reason to feel upset about the incident."

Seokjin raised his eyebrow, "Everyone?"

"Yeah," Namjoon shrugged, "Yoongi, Hoseok and Seungcheol came to apologize that night."

Seokjin hummed before sitting. He had a faint smile on his face. He didn't know why he was happy, but he liked the feeling. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 13.2K 38
One where Jin is Jungkooks bodyguard but thy don't get along very well .......... U know what happens next πŸ˜‰ β™Ύ
1.9K 62 10
On the first day of her job, Heejin finds out the guy she spent a one night stand with two years ago was now her boss. With the sudden meeting of eac...
Malevolent By Zee

Mystery / Thriller

3.4K 247 51
"π‘Ύπ’‰π’š π’˜π’π’–π’π’… 𝑰 𝒃𝒆 π’„π’π’π’”π’Šπ’…π’†π’“π’‚π’•π’† 𝒕𝒐 π’‰π’Šπ’Ž? 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 π’šπ’π’– 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐 π’Žπ’†?" // What would Seokjin do if the only pu...
9.8K 295 15
Kim Nam-Joon is the owner of a very successful business, and his life all seems normal...until he meets Min Yoon-gi, a powerful competitor. Namjoon s...