Blazing Forward

By K-Destiiny

Leati and Arianna are back for this next version of their lives together. Follow them as they learn to naviga... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
New Polls
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 44

343 15 0
By K-Destiiny

After a few busy weeks, we were finally able to go home and spend a few days resting at home. Le is finally starting this schedule of slowing down but not entirely just yet. Being home for more than two days at a time felt great. Our next big trip is to New York; mom wants to see her daughter and grandkids. We'll be at a show in Brooklyn and then take 3 days with my mother and younger sister. My wacky family people, since my aunt and her wife will be there too.

"You ready to go home?" I asked Mel as we drove from the airport to the hotel.

"Does it sound terrible if I say New York no longer feels like home? If anything, I'm just excited to see Mom and Cass. Home is with all of you." she smiled.

Her dad is amazing, and he's been to Florida to visit her many times, or he'll meet up with us on the road somewhere. He and I talk regularly, unknown to her, but I keep him caught up with everything she's doing.

"That's not terrible. Your happiness is important, and if your home is with us, then I'm honored you consider it that way." Le said.

"I do. I'm happy with you guys. It really is like I have another mom and dad who actually live together." she said, her cheeks turning red.

"You're my big sister!" Jojo said, grabbing her hand.

Jojo insisted on sitting in the back row with her while the twins were in the middle. Le loves his big-ass SUVs.

"I am your big sister." Mel smiled again, hugging her.

We got everything out of the car while Le checked in for us. Since we'll be staying behind after the company leaves, we picked a hotel that was further away from the arena but closer to my mom's. We met him inside and took everything upstairs. Mel left to meet up with Dominik for lunch, so Le, the kids, and I just had lunch in our room.

The buildup for Extreme Rules has been so much fun. Feuding with Becky and Bianca has been so much fun. Heel turns are so wonderful, and I've been laying into it so much. The fans love it, hate it, and love to hate it. You win some, you lose some, but I am loving this. This next event is going to be monumental for my career, and I just ... I'm so appreciative of the opportunities I've had.

After the show, we went straight to the hotel to put the kids to sleep. Mel went downstairs again to spend some time with Dom. She says they're not at a point where she'd invite him to the room to hang out yet. They're just 'getting to know each other, according to her. I think it's cute and good for her to have some fun away from us. Le and I passed out and were woken up by the kids, which is nothing short of a miracle since we're always up much before them.

"Oh shit."

"It's okay," Le said, stretching as the twins jumped on the bed. "I turned the alarms off and asked Mel to let the kids wake us up if we weren't up by 9."

"Baby ..."

"Mommy!" Aidan shouted, pressing kisses to my cheeks.

"A small break until our next vacation." he smiled when Ian jumped on him.

"Vacation ... that sounds great." I replied, tickling my son.

"Mom, Dad, it's time to go! Grandma's waiting." Jojo said as she ran into the room.

"All of my babies." I smiled, corralling them all into my arms. "You too, kid, get in here." I told my sister.

She just laughed and jumped onto the bed, making the kids laugh.

"Mom, picture!" Jojo said.

"I look terrible." I complained.

"You look beautiful." Le said, kissing me softly over the kids.

"Picture!" Jojo insisted.

"Fine, you got your phone Mel?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Here's mine." Le said, all too willing.

Mel took a couple of pictures of us to appease Jojo, and I have to admit they came out really cute. I sent them to myself and uploaded them to my social media because they're really awesome. Jojo had her pick of the pictures, and I think I'm gonna print one and blow it up in a bigger frame. This is my family, and I wouldn't change them for anything.

"Alright, Daddy and I have to get dressed and ready to go out for breakfast. We'll be out in a few minutes and get everyone ready to go." I said.

"We had breakfast." Jojo said.

"You got breakfast for everyone?" Le asked my sister.

"Yeah, I got your orders too. They're sitting in the microwave." she smiled.

"You are the best." he said.

"Thanks. Come on, my babies, let's get out of here." she said, getting the kids out.

"I really don't know what we'd do without her." Le said as we walked into the bathroom.

"Same, she's made this so easy."

"Okay, there's something I wanna talk about." he said.

"Uh oh, I don't know if I like that."

"Nothing bad. We have Extreme Rules in a week, then in three weeks, we have Crown Jewel, and we're starting another Brock Lesnar angle."

"Yay! Here we go again." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, I know ... we're going to have a busy time. After Crown Jewel and before Survivor Series, I would like it if we took a family vacation. And we can send Mel somewhere else if she wants—somewhere she can take a friend and just have a good time," he said.

"Mi amor ..." I smiled.

"Yeah. She can come with us if she wants, but she should bring a friend. We can figure out where to go. I already asked Stephanie for the time off, and she said yes." he added.

"That sounds great. We can think about locations this week."

"Sounds like a plan. Hey, did you get the twins' passports?"

"When they turned 1, they're valid for 5 years." I smiled.

"My wife is a smart woman."

After our morning routine and changing clothes, we had breakfast before Mel helped me get the kids ready while Le cleaned up the mess the kids made. He helped prepare the boys' bags with their creature comfort things and took them to the car with the twins. Mel, Jojo, and I left a few minutes later because Jojo couldn't decide what lipgloss she wanted to use to see Grandma and Auntie Cass.

"Abuela!" Jojo shouted as soon as she got out of the car.

"Mis bebes!" Mom smiled as all three kids ganged up on her and Cass.

"Mami." I smiled, finally hugging her when Cass pulled the twins over to her.

"Look at you. You look beautiful and so happy." she said, hugging me.

Cass latched onto Mel and squeezed her tightly. This is the longest they have been separated, and I tend to forget that. I'll have to talk to Mom about doing something with Cassandra so she doesn't feel left out. That was never my intention, and I feel horrible for not thinking about it earlier.

"I am happy." I replied.

"Look at you." she said to Mel, hugging her as well.

"It's been so much fun." Mel said.

"Melinda ..."

"She's been learning, mami. Her classes online are going well and the girls are taking her on as an intern with hair and makeup." I smiled.

"Come inside and tell me all about it."

"Look at my babies!!" my aunt shouted as soon as we walked inside.

"Titi!" Mel and I shouted.

Even though we all live in Florida, I don't get to see them nearly as much as I'd like. We get together as best we can, but I haven't seen her in about 3-4 months at this point. She wrapped her arms around us and squeezed tightly.

"Look at that hunk of a husband you've got." she said, hugging him too.

"Hey Mari." he smiled.

"And these babies. You make gorgeous babies." she added, smothering them in kisses.

"That I do." he laughed.

The visit was so much fun and so exhausting at the same time. My mom and my aunt are like two grown children, especially my aunt. I don't know where she gets all the energy from; between her and the twins, I don't know who tired me more. There were trips to the park, the mall, out to eat, hell, just in mom's backyard. I loved it, though. I love that we can all get together like this somewhat regularly and be a family. I have a family of my own that I can share with them now.

Growing up, I dreamed of my own family. I always thought of how differently I would do things. Now, I understand my mother a lot more, and I understand why she did a lot of the things that she did. There's also a lot I don't understand, and I never will because I do not live in the same situation as her. But I do know that she always did her best. I know that she always wanted the best for me. For that, I will always be grateful because she showed me how to be a strong woman and how to be a good mother to my own kids.

"Baby, I love your aunt ... but she's worse than the twins." My husband said as we got home.

"I know, she's special." I laughed.

"That she is, she's the life of the party." he chuckled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 778 146
@colbybrock liked your photo @colbybrock commented 'woah' started June 11, 2018
23.5K 1.2K 46
• THE BURNING SAGA • (1) BURNING PASSION ▹ ROLLINS (2) BURNING LOW ▹ SCURLL (3) BURNING HEART ▹ CIAMPA (4) BURNING GLASS ▹ RICOCHET (5) BURNING LIGH...
11.9K 386 20
It's been three years of trying for a baby when Ashley finally falls pregnant, not long into her pregnancy she finds out her baby won't make it. Afte...
95K 3K 66
This may or may not suck, I'm being honest but I like it better than the first one so here we go. Your girl's back, Arianna but this time she's got a...